Game of Love Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sergio frowned, shaking his head. "Dude! I have a boyfriend whom I love with every fiber of my being. Why the fuck would you even ask that?"

"Sorry!" Steve raised his hands like he was surrendering. "I was just trying to be sure. But Sergio, it is not worth it." Steve sighed, resting his hand on his shoulder. "Look at you right now. I have never seen you with a bruise. It seems this stupid game isn't going anywhere. You'll only get hurt. Today it's a bruise. Who knows what tomorrow might be.

It's been two weeks already and you're not making progress. No matter what you've done to impress this boy, it isn't working. Just give up and let Henry win this stupid game."

"What?" Sergio chuckled bitterly. "Everything that I am getting including this bruise will be paid for in the end. I will not let just some boy prove me wrong. I will surely win this game and that's a promise."

"But..."

"I will talk to you later." He said as he walked past him. "I need to shower."

Steve was really worried with were this was going.

"I am so enjoying this." Henry laughed as he took a seat on the couch. "This is actually better than any soap opera."

Steve looked at his friend and just sighed. He was still worried.

***

"Well, you know what they say." Eric laughed, hitting on Riya's shoulder. "There's a lot ways you can kill a rat and..."

But he stood still staring in front of him like he was lost. He took a quick glance behind to try and check if he was in the right place but it was clearly the right place and he was staring at his door. He was really surprised and he could have sworn that he was in the wrong place. Even Riya saw it.

Right at his door, there were a lot of flowers, well two huge bouquets of flowers that were right at his door with a few bouquets and a basket that he didn't see what was inside.

"What the fuck!" He groaned as he quickly rushed there.

Eric was from having a lecture. He was dressed sexily in a green designer's t-shirt with a black skinny jean and white snickers. His beautifully colored hair was loose and he was looking sexy.

Once he reached the big bouquets of flowers, he found a note with them that he quickly took.

'Please forgive me for what happened yesterday. I didn't know what came over me. You just pushed me to the wall and I shouldn't have reacted that way. I love you so much and I wouldn't want anything to come between us. Forgive me!'

Eric clenched on the note angrily, throwing it on the floor. "He really has some nerves sending me these stupid flowers."

"Who?" Riya frowned.

"Diego!" Eric sighed in frustration, feeling like calling him and giving him the greatest insult ever.

"How dare he even decide to do this after what he did last night!" He said harshly. "Who the fuck does he think he is? He should be thanking the heavens we didn't press any charges for attempted rape. Does he think flowers and whatever he has sent is gonna pay for what he tried to do? He's so stupid and full of himself."

"I swear, I won't spare him." Eric clenched his fists. "I will not let it go this time. This idiot won't..."

"Oh my God this is so sweet!" Riya shrieked, literally jumping.

Eric was wondering what had made Riya suddenly change her mood. He looked in her direction and got surprised when he saw her holding an opened basket on which there was a tiny white puppy, a Chihuahua. He got shocked and he rushed to her.

Before he even spoke to her, he found her holding a note which he quickly grabbed from her.

"This is so sweet. Oh my God!"

'I didn't know what to send to you this morning. Perhaps you're tired of my flowers so I've decided to change into something a little different, something that will keep you company when you're alone. Hope you like it and accept it.'

"Oh my God, Sergio really knows how to make someone fall in love!" Riya was excited. "What should we name her?"

"Nothing!" Eric said harshly, taking the basket and the puppy from her. "We're taking it back to him. He's simply gone insane."

"What?" Riya gasped in shock. "What are you talking about? He sent with love, right?"

"Love my ass?" Eric chuckled bitterly. "Accepting anything from that idiot will actually put me on the line. I don't want him to think that we're having something between us."

"You're no fun!" Riya said, folding her arms on her chest. "I was just starting to form a bond with that dog."

"Well you can have your boyfriend buy you one." He added. "Now how do I get this thing back to him? I don't even know where he stays."

Riya scratched her head. "Well... I... I have his line."

"What? How? When? Anyway, just give it to me right now."

Riya smiled sheepishly giving the phone to Eric. When Eric went to the dialer, the first name he found was Sergio's. He looked at his friend and she dropped her eyes to the floor. He didn't wanna get any crazy ideas and he didn't wanna waste time. He quickly dialed the number and it wasn't long before the idiot answered.

'Hello, Riya. I had sent something to Eric. Did he like it?'

"Riya, huh?" Eric said angrily. "So that's how you've been keeping this up?"

'Err... Eric..." Sergio chuckled on the other end. 'Hi!'

"Well, sorry to burst your bubble but I am not really interested in whatever you've sent me. As a matter of fact, I would like to return it as soon as possible."

'What?' Sergio sounded surprised. 'Why? I had sent that with love.'

"Give me the address where I should post this right now." He demanded.

'But...'

"I am not joking." He warned.

'Fine! But... but I will only accept it when you bring it to me personally.'

"Am I crazy?" Eric laughed.

'Then keep it. In my mind..."

Eric groaned, gripping on the phone harder. "Where are you?"

'I am going to a club house. It's about 30 minutes' drive away from school. Can you meet me there?'

Eric rolled his eyes. "Fine! Just send me the address on this same phone. I will..."

'Why don't you just give me your phone?'

"Am I crazy? Just send it here and see you later, Mr. Alvarado."

With those words, he cut the call and groaned at Riya. "Since when have you been talking to this idiot?"

"Err... in self-defense, I haven't been talking to him about you." Riya said with a sheepish smile. "We've just been talking."

"Whatever!" He sighed. "Help me throw all these flowers in the trash can. I will meet up with Sergio to give him back what he had sent."

"With pleasure!" Riya chuckled. "But..."

"You're not getting your phone back. Not until I come back."

"What? But Scott might call anytime soon."

"Good!" He gave a teasing smile. "That will be punishment enough for betraying me."

He turned and walked away.

"Shit!" Riya muttered, clenching her fist. "Me and my big mouth!"

***

Sergio parked his car and started making his way inside the beautiful clubhouse. It was the most beautiful and most luxurious clubhouse in the city and his family was part of that club. In fact, his mother was a board member of that club. So he had some privileges that others didn't have. He always hanged out there with his boyfriend when he was in the country. Of course, he never brought his bitches there because his mother couldn't allow it. That day he had come to meet his mother for something extremely important.

He was dressed in a pure white shirt, a blue tight jean, expensive snickers and black sunglasses. He had a gorgeous sexy smile on his face as he thought about Eric and what he was gonna say once he got there.,

He was so completely lost in his fantasy world that he didn't even see where he was going. The next thing he felt was bumping hard into someone and a thud on the floor. He came out of his reverie and fortunately for him, it wasn't a person that had fell but rather a bag.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry!" He apologized as he knelt to pick up the bag.

"My goodness, watch where you are going." Came an angry voice.

"I am sorry!" He apologized as he rose to give the guy the bag.

But as soon as the guy saw him, his frown suddenly turned into a smile, a seductive one. Sergio knew that look very well. The guy was probably his age, average in terms of beauty and short dark hair. He was dressed in a sexy black jumpsuit.

"Are you okay?" He said as he removed the sunglasses. "I am really sorry!"

"Yeah," The guy said softly, biting his lips. "Don't worry about it. Err..." he quickly extended his hand. "...by the way I am Dennis. Hi!"

"Hello!" Sergio said, shaking the guy's hand. "I am Sergio Alvarado."

"Wow, it's finally nice to meet you." The guy was literally undressing him with his eyes, giving him those come fuck me eyes. "You're the guy everyone here has been talking about. I feel very lucky to finally meet you."

"Wow! Thanks..."

"I'll give you my card." Dennis said as he withdrew a card from his pocket, handing it over to Sergio. "My numbers are over there."

At that same moment, Eric arrived and as soon as he saw the two guys that were closer, talking to each other, he got a bit mad and his face got stern. He had no idea why he felt that way.

"You can call me anytime." Dennis added. "I am available anytime for a cutie like you. And I am also single."

"Wow! That's nice." Sergio smiled as he glanced at the card. "And you also work here? How come I haven't seen you here before? How long have you been working here?"

"Since last year." Dennis blushed.

Eric slowly approached them, trying to contain himself.

"Last year?" Sergio asked, nodding. "Wonderful. I wonder why I haven't seen you yet because I mostly spend my time here."

Eric rolled his eyes. "Excuse me!"

Sergio felt his heart pound when he heard Eric's voice. Both he and Dennis looked at the boy but Sergio had a crazy idea up his sleeve. He was gonna test Eric. He chuckled softly, ignoring Eric and looking at Dennis instead.

"My God, you're like the most popular guy at this club." Dennis chuckled happily. "Everyone's been talking about you. It's like I am meeting my idol. Can I please have your autograph?" The guy opened a notebook.

"Sure!" Sergio nodded, taking a pen to give the guy what he wanted.

Eric was getting annoyed. "Must you two flirt here at the entrance?"

Sergio signed and gave the guy back the notebook. "So I'll see you around?"

"Excuse me!" Eric hollered but no one was paying attention to him.

"Sooner than you think, cutie!" Dennis winked. He then diverted his eyes to Eric, eyeing him from head to toe. "And who are you?"

"You don't know who I am." Eric said hoarsely. "So know your place. Make yourself scarce."

He looked at Sergio who was staring back at him with a brilliant smile on his face. But he realized that Dennis was still there and he was making him so damn mad. He looked at him, giving him a stern face.

"Get lost!" He barked in the guy's face.

"Hey! What's with you?" Sergio asked as Dennis left. "Can't you see I was talking to my friend?"

He tried to call him back but Eric hit his hand, gesturing him a warning.

"What's the matter with you?" Sergio shrugged. "Don't tell me you're jealous?" He was now sure that Eric had gotten jealous when he had seen him with that guy.

"What?" Eric raised an eyebrow. "And why would I be jealous? It's not like you and I are in a relationship or something." He took Sergio's hand angrily and put the basket there. "And here's your gift and your puppy back as promised. I don't need it and leave me alone. Now you can continue with flirting. Good day!" He turned and started leaving.

"I thought you were gonna stay a bit. I was gonna have lunch with my mom. You can come with me so that I can introduce you and..."

"I am not interested." He said as he glanced behind. "Why don't you invite whoever that guy was and introduce him? I am sure he'd love that."

He left Sergio in awe, standing there with a smile on his face. That had been really interesting. He watched as the boy watched sexily and classily to his car and drove off.

"You're so funny!"

He turned and went inside to meet his mother.

***

Eric was seated at the table in the fancy restaurant, looking hot as usual. He had his hair tied in a high fashion ponytail which made him look even more handsome. He was wearing a white designer's shirt that was halfway buttoned up and a black skinny jean with white snickers. It was late afternoon.

He was holding a folk, playing with his food and he was so deep lost in his thoughts. It was like he wasn't even there. Eric felt a hand on his shoulder and he almost jumped up. It was his mother. Shit, he'd even forgotten that she had been there with him.

She was looking really worried but also really beautiful in a red dress with her hair tied in a bun and her makeup on point. She was looking really young and one would have mistaken her for his sister instead of his mother.

"Eric!" She said, squeezing his shoulder. "Are you okay? You seem lost in deep thought. Tell me what's on your mind, sweetie!"

Eric gave a fake smile. "I am okay. I was just thinking of something unimportant. Don't worry."

"Honey!" She moaned, rubbing his hand sweetly. "I don't want you to take to heart what we had discussed the last time we had met or what I had told you. I can only imagine what you are going through and I am sorry for it." She apologized. She felt really terrible for putting her son in such a situation.

"You know what I like, I love the fact that very soon after you graduate, you'll be able to start a new life. I want you to start anew far away where you won't ever face these troubles again. It hurts me to see you like this."

"Mom..." He sighed gloomily, trying to contain his sad mood. "Grandpa always told me that in life, it doesn't matter what you have. What matters is who you have. If starting anew with you far away will make you happy, I'll gladly do it. But even when I am rich, I just want you to be with me."

Laurel chuckled softly. "Honey, I know that sometimes you feel that the constant struggle that you go through, no matter how much, it will never be enough!"

Eric was getting emotional. He knew that Laurel knew him better. He couldn't hide anything from her when it came to his emotions.

"I might be struggling mom but I live a comfortable life. Whenever trouble blooms in my life and when I get insulted by some people, it just pushes me to work harder so that I can change my life. But I also have to know my expectations because if I don't achieve my dreams, I will feel like a failure and that's what I am really scared of."

"But I am right here with you, baby." Laurel held his hand tighter. "I will always hold your hand through it all."

Eric felt a tear going down his cheek and he didn't even bother rubbing it.

"I consider myself lucky because I have a mother like you." He said softly. "You've helped me in so many ways. The situation might not be as I had wanted it but with you around, it's bearable."

Laurel got emotional too and tears welled up in her eyes. "I am so proud of you, my baby. You're gonna grow up to be a very wise man and very successful. Whatever you need, don't hesitate to call me. I am ready to go out of my ways to see you happy."

"Thank you so much, mommy. You make everything seem so simple whenever I am with you. You're a strong woman because even though you know exactly what you're going through, you never let it affect you. Whenever I am with you, I forget about how hard our life really is.

You wanna know the truth, mom?" He asked as he rubbed his tears. "Every time I see you working really hard just to see me happy, I keep telling myself that a time will come when you'll no longer have to work as hard as you do. It will be my turn to make you happy and smile."

Laurel couldn't fight her tears. She opened her arms wide, gesturing for him to hug her. Eric chuckled happily and rushed to her, hugging her tightly. He didn't mind who saw them. All he wanted was to hug his mother and feel better.

"I love you so much, son!"

"Love you more!"

Eric and laurel hugged for what felt like hours but it was just mere seconds. They didn't wanna pull from that hug because it felt so wonderful and took away all their troubles.

"Wow! How emotional!" Came a voice, a really familiar voice.

They slowly pulled from the hug only to see a shocking surprise. It was Laurel and she was standing right in front of them with her arms folded and a mocking smile on her face. She was wearing really expensive looking clothes and the highest heels Eric had ever seen. She was with another woman who looked like she had beef with his mother. Seeing her, Eric's mood instantly changed. He got really mad that he clenched his fists.

"Who knew that I would I find you two here, in an expensive and classy restaurant?" She chuckled bitterly. "I didn't know they allowed sluts here."

Eric tried to move but his mother quickly gripped his hand. Laurel was really mad and hurt but the last thing she wanted was to cause trouble, especially one that would hurt her son.

"What do you want, Giada?" Laurel asked softly. "Please, leave us alone. We just wanna be in peace so..."

"Really?" She rolled her eyes. "You want peace after you've refused to give my family peace. How dare you! Can you imagine?" She groaned, looking at her friend.

The woman sighed in frustration now looking at Eric. "I guess it must really run in the blood." She said bitterly. "Her and her son really have no shame. I hear that he's been sleeping around at his school with rich students and even lecturers."

Eric felt like someone had just pinched his heart. He slightly closed his eyes, trying to tell himself that what the woman had just said about him was a dream. He knew himself and he wasn't gonna hold himself.

"I don't even know why such people are allowed in places like these. They are..."

"Ma'am!" Laurel sighed, trying her possible best to remain respectful. "Please, whatever you have to say, say it all to me. Leave my son out of it. You can insult me all you want but I will not allow you to insult my son. We just came here to eat and talk."

"And you have the nerve to come here." She added, laughing. "Women like you and your son are the reason why we're afraid of leaving our husband alone."

"Forget it," Giada said with a teasing chuckle, holding the woman. "They're not worth our time. Let's just go and have a seat while we wait for our darling husbands."

They looked at Eric and Laurel in disgust and went to sit to the next table which was near Eric's. Eric was really mad. His heart was racing terribly and he felt like punching something. He felt his mother's hand on his shoulder and he looked at her.

"Please sit, my love. Let's just eat and forget about them."

Eric groaned angrily and sat furiously, gripping a table knife from the table. He wanted to forget about them but it was so difficult. Even from where he sat, he could hear the two women talking.

"She really has no shame." The woman said in anger. "She just comes here looking for whom to seduce."

Eric had been trying to do what his mother had told him but...

"It's a pity that boy has followed in her footsteps. He's such a whore and he sleeps with everything that moves."

Laurel laughed. "What do you expect? Birds of the same feather, ugly creatures."

Eric had had it. He furiously rushed to where the two women were seated.

"Eric!" Laurel gasped in fear, rising from the chair. She was really scared but it was too late. Eric had already reached the woman's table.

"Excuse me!" Eric snapped, hitting his hands on the table. "What the fuck did you say?"

"What nonsense?" Giada snarled, surprised when she saw Eric on the table. "What the hell do you think..."

"How dare you!" He snapped. "Don't you two have anything to talk about? Stop making comments about my personal life because I don't make comments about yours."

"Eric!" Laurel gripped his arm, trying to pull him from there but he just shrugged her off.