Game of Love Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
vanalas
vanalas
225 Followers

"Can I join?"

Eric quickly turned as soon as he heard that voice behind him. And when his eyes landed on the handsome face of his boyfriend, he rushed to him and locked both his arms and legs around him. Sergio held him tighter, chuckling while he winked at Riya and Smith who were smiling at him.

"Oh baby, I missed you so much." Eric moaned.

"I missed you too."

They hugged for what seemed like forever before they eventually broke off.

"You just came at the right time, babe." Eric said with a smile. "We're going to grab something to celebrate. Come with us. It will make it even more special."

Sergio nodded, caressing Eric's cheeks. "Of course, baby. I wouldn't miss it for the world. But first, do you mind if I visit the men's room?"

"Not at all."

Sergio smiled and then kissed Eric's cheek before he left. Eric remained standing there, smiling to himself. He was feeling really happy again and he couldn't wipe that smile off his face. He didn't want to.

"There he goes again." Riya commented as she came in front of him with a raised eyebrow. "He's smiling to himself just like before."

Eric chuckled. "I can't help it, Riya." He sighed. "It's just a feeling that gets to me whenever he is around. It's like he always knows how to lift my mood just by his presence alone."

"I know." Riya said. "But you're smiling like an idiot!"

"I can't help it." Eric said with a smile. "I feel him in my head, my heart and my..."

Before Eric finished his sentence, he heard someone's voice behind.

"And you think he is the right guy for you, huh?"

Eric slowly turned and lost his smile as soon as he saw the guy that had just spoken. He was wearing a black t-shirt, ripped jean with white snickers and a backpack. He looked really angry and his fists were clenched.

Eric had never thought he'd have an encounter with him. "You?" He gasped, a frown appearing on his face. "What are you doing here? I thought..."

"And what do you think, Eric?" The guy chuckled. "That you've found your dream guy, someone that loves you genuinely? You are a fool because..."

"Excuse me!" Eric snapped, suddenly losing his temper. "What the fuck do you want from me again? If you're still hurt about what happened at the cafeteria weeks ago then I am sorry. But please, leave me alone. Don't insult me because I won't take it. Is loving someone by force."

Eric couldn't believe the guy that he'd rejected had followed him again. What the fuck was his name again, Henry or something?

"Loving someone?" Henry laughed. "What do you think? You think I am jealous of your relationship? What's there to be jealous about if it doesn't even exist?"

Eric felt a cold wind blow on his face. He tried to speak but he couldn't find his voice.

"Open your eyes and realize that he doesn't love you." He said in between clenched teeth. "He is just using you. No one can love you like me. Come to me and..."

"What nonsense are you talking about?" Riya sneered, breathing harshly. "Wasn't the humiliation you got the last time enough that you came to look for another? Men like you do not like good things to come to other people. You always want to destroy other people's relationships. Well guess what?" She chuckled bitterly. "You're too late because it will not work on us."

"Leave him, Riya!" Eric said softly. "He is not worth talking to. And you!" He raised his finger at the guy. "For the last time, leave me the fuck alone. I am not the only boy on this campus. I am in a relationship and I am happy."

Henry laughed when he heard Eric's words. "You're happy? He loves you? You should be happy that I am here to save you. In fact, the truth is that..."

"Eric!"

Sergio came rushing towards Eric and his heart was racing in fear. He was giving Henry angry eyes as he reached Eric and held his waist. What the fuck? He got really upset because the idiot had almost ruined everything for him.

"What's going on?" He asked.

Eric glanced at Henry angrily. "It's this idiot. He can't leave me alone. I have already told him that I am not interested in him but he just wouldn't go away."

Sergio clenched his fist when he looked at Henry. He was definitely. "It's okay, baby. You go ahead. I will find you outside. I will handle this."

Eric shook his head. "No, babe. It's okay."

"No!" Riya shook her head as she took Eric's hand. "It's about time your boyfriend told these motherfuckers that are disturbing you that you belong to him." Then she smiled at Sergio. "You handle this, Sergio. We'll be outside."

The three started leaving although Eric was worried that Sergio was gonna do something bad, cause trouble. He had seen the way he had reacted when Diego had approached him.

Sergio was looking at Henry angrily with his fists clenched. Once he was sure that Eric had left, he furiously gripped Henry by the arm and took him to the men's room. When they reached, he shoved Henry into a wall.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Sergio glowered. "You almost blew my cover and ruined everything. Are you insane?"

"Yes!" Henry barked, breathing like he was in labor. "Yes, I am insane. You're forgetting that this all just a game and it was supposed to come to an end a long time ago. You shouldn't be with him."

"What?" Sergio couldn't mask the surprise in his voice. "Are you being for real right now? How is it your business if I am still with him? I haven't forgotten about the bet and I also know exactly..."

"Forget about the bet!" Henry bellowed. "Fucking forget about it. I am no longer interested. You win. You can ask me anything you want but I want you to leave Eric alone. Tell him this is all just a game, a bet."

Sergio glanced at the door. "Can you keep it down? We don't..."

"And so what?" Henry snapped. "So fucking what if he hears it? It's the truth anyway and he has to know. It was meant to be a game like you said but you've totally forgotten about that. You've lost your trail. All you're now doing is rubbing it in my face that you're better and you got Eric."

Sergio was getting more surprised with each word Henry used on him. "Is this what this is all about? I thought you did mind. You forced me into accepting this bet, remember?" His voice was rising.

"And now I am telling you to stop." Henry said angrily. "You've got a fucking boyfriend and it's not fair. Trev doesn't deserve all this. He loves you so much. And besides, you're playing with Eric, making him fall for you. Trev is coming back soon and you should remember that."

Sergio felt trapped. He leaned on a wall and sighed, combing his hair with fingers. He'd never felt so trapped in his life before. He knew that although the approach that Henry had used was wrong, everything that he had said was probably right.

"You're right and I understand you man." His voice sounded weak. "I shouldn't have let it go this far. But I just want you to understand me. I will tell him soon but I want it to be just the two of us when I eventually break off the news to him."

"Well, I don't care how you do it or where you do it." Henry shrugged. "But I am just giving you little time. If you don't tell him then, I will tell him myself."

He looked at Sergio and grimaced before he left. Sergio stood there alone, feeling like he carried the weight of the entire world on his head. He had a huge lump on his throat... his hand were shaky and he felt a coldness that he had never felt before. He was the type of guy that always came out with the truth no matter how hard. But this was the first time he felt tongue tied. What was going on with him?

He quickly fixed himself and went to meet Eric and his friends outside. Of course, he pretended he was alright when Eric asked him what was going on and told him the guy wasn't gonna bother him anymore. But he wasn't alright. They went to celebrate.

***

'Some days, things just take way too much of my energy.

I look up and the whole world is spinning. You take my cares away,

I could so over complicate, people tell me to medicate.

Feel my blood running, swear the sky is falling.

How do I know this shit's fabricated?

Time goes by and I can't control my mind, don't know what else to try but you tell me every time...

Just keep breathing and breathing and breathing...'

"Yes, baby... right there." Riya said happily as she sang along with Eric, moving her body with the beat.

Sergio was right there, staring at Eric nonstop. God, he looked so cute as he sang. They were at Riya's place after having the best good. Now they were back and were busy doing karaoke. They were having fun and Eric looked so damn sexy and his voice was angelic. If Sergio hadn't heard the song before, he'd have sworn it was Eric's.

Sergio watched as the boy sang the song happily, moving his body sexily. The more he watched, the more he found his smile fading. He had tears in his eyes and he didn't even realize it. God, this wasn't supposed to be as hard as it was at that time. Why?

'If you don't end this, I will end it for you.' Henry's voice rang through his brain. 'Your boyfriend is coming back... before Eric falls for you, end it. You win. I am no longer interested.'

Sergio sniveled, chuckling softly. He was acting like an emotional fool.

'Eric, I know I had started this as a game but after spending these few weeks with you, why is so hard to end it?' He thought as his heart began racing. 'It's not like I am even in love with you. This should be really easy but it's not. How will you even take it? This might make you hate me forever but I gotta stop it before you get hurt. I am truly sorry for taking this so long.'

He smiled just as the boy started singing higher.

'I know I gotta keep, keep on breathing.

Sometimes it's hard to find, find my way up into the cloud. Tune it up they can be so loud.

You remind me of a time, when things weren't so complicated. All I need is to see your face.'

That was definitely Eric's song. He'd been singing it since it came out but it felt like he'd known it his entire life. That was the song that always made him so calm whenever he was feeling so terrible and it helped him get through some of life's toughest times. He could say he was now happy. It was still the same song he was singing even after falling in love.

He glanced in the direction of his boyfriend and when their eyes met, he blushed and looked away. He didn't wanna make a mistake while singing along and besides, he felt like laughing.

"Yeah, baby..." Riya shouted as she got up and went to where Eric stood. "...let's keep on breathing."

They started singing the chorus together and it felt so damn beautiful but funny at the same time due to the way Riya was dancing. Eric almost burst into laughter.

"I hope you don't mind all this craziness?"

"Huh?" Sergio gasped, looking at the guy that stood beside him.

"All this!" Smith said softly. "This is just the way we are."

"Oh not at all." Sergio chirped. "I mean it's so cute seeing all of you having fun like this, especially Eric. I have crazy friends too so I understand all this."

"That's nice, man!" Smith said, patting on Sergio's shoulder. "Actually this is the first time during karaoke when I have seen Eric smile like that. He really loves you, man. Trust me when I say this. It is coming from the person that knows him."

Sergio felt shivers all over his body and he gulped. He looked at Eric and he even got more scared.

"What do you mean? Weren't there other boys?" He asked. "Didn't you have them over for karaoke?"

"Well, you're not his first relationship. But..." He warned, raising his finger. "...don't tell him I told you. All I am saying is that the effect you have on him is so very different. You are a special one and you're very lucky. Make him happy. Don't hurt him, okay. Otherwise, I am gonna crack your nuts, man! I am not lying to you."

Sergio chuckled nervously, still staring at Eric. "I got you, man."

"Thanks!"

Smith shook Sergio powerfully before he went back to where he sat, cheering for his two friends. He loved it when they were doing karaoke. The other students living in other apartments had complained severally over the noise that they made but they paid a deaf ear.

'God, why is this happening?' Sergio thought as he gripped his hair. 'Why is everyone making me feel guilty? Before this thing matures into something else, I need to come out clean but I need to get him alone first.'

Eric held Riya's hand as they neared the climax.

'Just keep on breathin and breathin

And oh, I gotta keep, I keep on breathing.

Feel my blood running, swear the sky is falling... I keep on breathin

Times goes by and I can't control my mind... I keep on breathin!'

They ended the song with a bang and Smith clapped like he was going insane. Eric smiled brightly and rushed to his boyfriend just as Beyoncé's 'Spirit' started playing and Riya took over the stage.

He rushed to his boyfriend, sat on his lap and smashed his lips on his, sucking on them softly.

"I am sorry for leaving you for long." He apologized, rubbing on his lips.

But Eric noticed that his boyfriend wasn't looking as he should have been or rather expected him to.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"Nothing!" Sergio smiled, caressing Eric's cheek. "I was just so happy that my baby has a great voice. Maybe you can sing for me alone in future."

"Sure!" Eric nodded. "Actually that was my favorite song. It helps me when I am stressed and even when I am happy. You've made me happy so that song was indirectly for you."

"Whoa, really?" Sergio chuckled happily. "I will always remember it, my baby."

"But I won't take that yet. I want you to sing, babe, come on! Let's have fun? I wanna hear your voice." He insisted, wrapping his arms around his neck. "Please!"

"Maybe later!" Sergio said as he took in a deep breath. It was suddenly hot. "Right now, I wanna talk to you. It's very important."

"Okay!" Eric shrugged. "Shoot!"

"Err..." Sergio cleared his throat. "I wanna talk to you alone. It's very important, like right now."

Eric's smile started fading. "I hope there's no problem, my love? Are you okay?"

"No! There's no problem but I wanna talk to you alone."

Eric smiled, getting off his boyfriend's lap.

"Alright! Let's go to the rooftop. We can talk there quietly."

Sergio nodded and he coiled Eric's hand and they left the room. As they went to the rooftop, Sergio's heart was racing miles and miles. He felt like he was gonna have a heart attack. He had never been as scared as he was at that time. He actually felt like a coward for the first time in his life.

It didn't take long and they found themselves on the room. It was a really beautiful night and the sky was clear once again. The wind was a bit cold just as Eric loved it. As soon as he stepped there, Eric slowly spun around with his hands stretched.

"The night is really beautiful tonight." He said as he closed his eyes and just breathed in the breeze. "The moon is out and it's showing once that we're really in a new month."

"Yeah!"

Eric turned and smiled.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" He asked softly. "We're alone now. No one is here."

Sergio took a deep breath, holding Eric's hands. His heart was already racing and his fears had taken control of him.

"Well, please don't be mad with what I wanna tell you." He said abruptly. "I just hope you're gonna understand me, Eric!"

Eric frowned, wondering Sergio was telling him that. "What's wrong? Did you do something wrong? Did you get into trouble?"

Sergio opened his mouth to speak but no word came out.

"Sergio!" Eric shook him slowly. "Hey, you're scaring me."

Sergio breathed in deeply. "Eric... I... I..." He paused and Eric shrugged, staring at him. "Eric, I want us to go out for a day, just the two of us alone. I want us to go to a very special place where we'll have fun. It's just for day."

Eric chuckled. "Is that what you were afraid of telling me? Why would I be mad at you for that? You're my boyfriend and if you want us to spend time together alone, it's your right. And yes..." He smiled. "Yes, I will go with you. Just tell me when you want us to go."

"Tomorrow morning." Sergio said abruptly. "I want us to leave tomorrow morning so that we can come back."

Eric smiled. "Cool! Ready any time."

Sergio nodded. "Thank you so much."

"No!" Eric threw himself on Sergio's chest, holding him tightly. He felt safe and secure. "Thank you so much for being the best boyfriend ever."

Sergio slowly moved his shaky hands and locked them around, Eric.

'I don't know how I am gonna tell you that after tomorrow, we'll no longer be together.' He thought as he closed his eyes. 'By the time we return, our relationship will no longer be there. You might hate me forever, Eric but this is the right thing to do. That's it. Tomorrow is the day I will tell you everything. There's no turning back.'

Could this be the end of it all?

***

Thank you so much guys for reading to the end. Don't forget to drop your comments and rate this chapter. Your views are pretty important to me, whether negative or positive because they challenge me to be a better writer but if you guys are not commenting then I don't exactly know if you're following or not. Thank you so much guys. Love you a lot.

The theme songs for this chapter are, "Breathin and into you," by Arianna Grande, "New Day," by Celine Dion, "I warned myself," by Charlie Puth, "I love me" by Demi Lovato and "Unfaithful" by Rihanna.

Feel the passion...

vanalas
vanalas
225 Followers