Game of Love Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No wonder your companies crushed." The man said harshly. "You suck at business and I don't blame all your business partners that left you, Mr. Smith. Who would want to stay?"

David had his eyes dropped to the floor. He couldn't say anything or even respond. The man was right. Who was he kidding?

"And if I don't get back my money, all of it, I will sue you." He warned. "I am going to seize this company, your house and throw you into the streets. I'll be the one to end your business career. Good day!"

"Wait!" Came a voice that sounded familiar.

David quickly looked in the direction of the voice and found Eric rushing towards them. He just stood still, wondering what Eric was doing there and why he told the man to wait.

Eric walked to the man that seemed really mad and then stood still. He saw all the papers of the designs on the floor and he quickly reached through his bag and took out his sketch pad. He took out about three different designs and placed them on the table.

"Here you go, sir!" He said. "These are the designs."

The man looked at the designs and his eyes almost popped out of his socket. "Wow!" He abruptly took the sketches and started smiling. "Wow! I am so impressed. These are great sketches. I want these."

He looked at David who was just standing there looking lost. "Why have you been hiding these kinds of designs from us, Mr. Smith? These are amazing and I want them. All three of them. I am ready to add millions to the contract if you produce such designs."

David stared at Eric and just didn't know what to say. Eric was just standing there with a smile. His designs hadn't been rejected before.

"And who is this young man here?"

David sighed. "The designer." He said simply. "And my business partner."

"Well, congratulations, Mr. Smith!" The man shook his hand powerfully. "I will schedule a meeting with you tomorrow. We'll discuss about this and do bring more designs. I will come with friends."

"You got it." Eric said softly.

The man left happily. Eric smiled and just looked at the man that had tears in his eyes.

"Why?" He muttered. "Why are you doing this, Eric?"

Eric smiled. "Because you deserve it all, Mr. Smith." He said softly. "I will give you my sketch pad and then you can show them to the clients tomorrow."

"No!" He shook his head. "I will not show them but you will, Eric. You deserve all the credit for this."

"But sir..."

David extended his hand. "Welcome on board, Eric! Congratulations, you're now the business partner of David Smith of Smith shoes."

Eric was shocked. He just stood right there without even moving an inch. He couldn't even blink. He felt like he was dreaming.

"Are you... offering me a job, sir?"

"No!" David shook his head. "I am offering you a partnership. I won't use your designs unless you agree to this."

A tear went down Eric's cheek. "Sir..."

David took Eric's hand and shook it powerfully. "To us and our success, Eric. Welcome on board."

***

Present day

*

Eric was gotten out of his thoughts when he heard his phone ringing. He realized that he had tears and he quickly rubbed them before answering his phone.

"Hello, mommy!"

'Hello, my darling.' Laurel answered on the other end. 'How are you doing?'

"I am fine, mommy. Just a bit tired after the event."

'Hmm, I just don't want people to give you trouble there.' Laurel said with a sigh. 'Please, take care of yourself for me. If I had my way, I wouldn't have allowed you to go back there, a city that caused you nothing but pain.'

"Ma!" He chuckled. "I can't hide away forever. You know that our branch here also needs our presence. I will handle myself just fine. You take care of yourself and also kiss Lily for me, okay?"

Laurel chuckled on the other end. 'I will definitely do that. And Douglas says hello.'

"Tell him that he shouldn't worry. I am fine! I am a strong boy."

'I know you are, Eric and that's why I am worried.' Laurel sighed. 'Take good care of yourself and stay away from bad people. Don't forget to call if you need anything.'

"Alright, mommy."

He cut the call and felt his heart begin to race. Looking towards the sky, he could already feel that there was just a whole lot of difference in the way he felt back in Australia and the way he felt at that particular time. He was indeed home.

'Last time I was here, I knew nothing but pain.' He thought. 'Everybody used to treat me like trash, like I was definitely below them. But now, the game has changed. You better be ready, Giada, I know you must be planning something against me but this time, the game has changed. I swear!'

***

Trevor entered the Alvarado mansion and he was already walking like a king, looking all around. He was wearing a beautiful blue see-through shirt with a vest inside and a black skinny jean with white shoes on his feet. His hair was tied in a beautiful ponytail and he looked really handsome.

When he reached the living room, he saw a maid passing by.

"Hey!" He called rudely. "Can you bring a glass of juice for me, really cold?"

"Yes!" She slowly bowed. "Right away, sir!"

"And while you're it, call my fiancé and tell him that I am waiting for him downstairs."

"Yes!"

She quickly left and Trevor proceeded to the living room, sitting like a boss with his legs on the couch. He sighed and took the TV remote but the moment he turned on the TV, he got the surprise of his life when he found a lifestyle show and there was a picture of Eric, a really huge pic.

"Of course," One of the ladies said, acting like she was flirting with the picture. "This picture is everything, model of the century if you ask me. Not only is he a great designer and co-owner of two of the biggest companies in the entire continent, his fashion sense is great and he is actually the most beautiful man I have seen in a long time."

"Exactly my thoughts," Another agreed, smiling brightly. "When I woke up this morning, I was like, Eric, please, just come and hold me in your arms just once. That look at the event yesterday was everything and did you guys see his hair, magical. He's young, he's successful, very rich and beautiful beyond imagination. Eric, if you're watching this, know that we'll be inviting you pretty soon on this station and..."

Before the lady even finished her sentence, Trevor switched off the Tv and threw the remote hard on the floor, groaning and breathing like he was about to explode. He was super mad.

"Hey!" Came an angry voice. "This is not your house where you think you can do whatever you want."

Trevor raised his face and stared at Riya who was staring back at him with a stern face. "I am sorry, I was just angry. That's all."

"Why wouldn't you be?" Riya chuckled, getting the remote from the floor and switched the TV back on, the same channel. She sat carefully on the couch with a smile. "Wow! Isn't he to die for? Just look at him, really sexy, smart and his sense of fashion is out of this world."

Trevor clenched hard on the couch, trying to keep his cool but he was finding it really difficult.

"Now, that's the kind of man that anyone would love to have. Don't you think so, Trev?"

Trev furiously got up and started heading towards the staircase. There was no fucking way he was gonna continue sitting there because he was gonna make a big mistake. Adrianna was getting on his fucking nerves.

"If you're looking for my brother then you're wasting your time going up there." Adrianna announced with a chuckle. "He isn't here? He left early in the morning."

Trev quickly turned and gasped. "What?" He glanced at his watch. "But it is only 7.30 in the morning. Where would he go so early?"

"You're here early." Adrianna said with a mocking smile. "Is he not allowed to go wherever he wants to go without your permission?"

"We were supposed to see the wedding designer together this morning." Trev's heart was racing. "I don't understand why he'd leave like that. This was so important."

Trev took out his phone and dialed his fiancé's line but to his surprise, he wouldn't even take it. It just rang and cut on its own which had never happened before. He tried again but still the same thing. Trev just stood like a statue, staring at his phone, expecting Sergio to call him back.

"When a man is after his heart, not even the devil can stop him." Adrianna announced, staring at Trev with mockery on her face. "If I were you, Trev, I wouldn't get in the way."

Trev clenched his fists, groaned and stormed out of there like a mad man, cursing softly at Adrianna. As he left, he could hear Adrianna's laughs and they just made him super mad.

"Just wait and see, Trev." She laughed, rubbing sexily on her temple. "If my brother succeeds in his plans and eventually gets back together with Eric, your love story will disappear just like..." She snapped her fingers. "...that. Then we're gonna see what you're gonna do about it. I pray Eric becomes the son in law of this house."

***

Eric was looking around his office with a really brilliant smile on his face. It was really beautiful and advanced, made up of glass. He loved it and everything was brand new. The beautiful white couches, the beautiful golden brown table and a really comfy chair. His table was organized and there were beautiful curtains. The office was situated at the top floor and the view of the city was amazing.

Eric was wearing a pure white see through shirt with a white vest inside that was almost transparent itself and a black skinny trouser that showed off his gorgeous sexy curves and white shoes on his feet. He was looking really beautiful with his hair now in a unique two parted ponytail, looking bright and amazing.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it." Eric smiled. "It's really beautiful."

"Well, I don't know about you but I do love the view." David said as he walked towards the window, placing a button on the remote. The curtains opened wide. "It's almost peaceful."

"You're right about that, Mr. Smith." He chuckled happily. "There's just something about this city that just gives you peace, you know. You can already feel like you're home."

"Yeah, anyway," He sighed. "Your assistant will be in tomorrow and while she's not here yet, I have to inform you that we have a load of meetings today. The launch of the new collection last night have brought us a lot of companies asking for meetings. But that's up to you."

"Sure!" Eric smiled.

"And tomorrow, you have a photoshoot with lifestyle magazine." He smiled brightly. "They've sent us like a zillion emails pleading for a moment with you. I also think it's a wonderful idea. It's about time you took your rightful place in this city."

"Sure!" Eric nodded. "Anything for this city." And of course, to show people that he'd arrived and the king was finally back in the city.

"Anyway, shall we?"

Eric nodded and the both of them got out of the office. The moment they stepped outside the building, there was a whole mob of reporters and cameramen who came running towards them as they went to their car like they were going insane.

"Sir, sir, please can we have a moment with you?" They all shouted. "It will only take a moment sir."

The security men were doing their best to keep them away. They were really muscular men and no one dared come near.

"Mr. Hernandez, please, just a few minutes." They pleaded. "Even a minute will be fine."

Eric gestured to the security men and they allowed the reporters to pass. In just a mere few seconds, he was completely surrounded. Cameras were all over him and microphones too.

"Mr. Hernandez, first of all, we'd like to thank you for this wonderful opportunity." One of the reporters said. "And my first question is, what are your plans for this city now that you've returned?"

"A lot!" Eric answered with a serious face. "Like I said last night, we're now in the new era. I will bring change to the fashion industry to this city and I will not give anyone any reason to complain. I was born here and so I am a product of this country and this city. I have a duty to my people here and in fulfilling this duty, I'll not let anyone stand in my way."

"Wow! That's wonderful, Mr. Hernandez." Another one said. "And what do you have to say about the people that are gonna try to compete with you?"

"I am not scared." He said with a cute smile. "I know myself, I trust in my abilities and I know where I am coming from. Five years ago, our company was not even known but now it's the biggest in the entire continent. As long as I have my business partner with me, I know that I can handle anything."

"How is life being a celebrity?"

"I do not consider myself a celebrity." Eric answered confidently. "I am open to associating with anyone because before being a businessman, I am a human being."

"Who is your greatest inspiration?"

"My mother!" He said with the brightest smile. "She is the reason why I am even here."

"How would someone get your special attention?"

"Are you single?"

"Would you date any of our famous celebrities in Zelda?"

The questions were getting really personal and Eric didn't wanna answer any of them. Luckily, David came to his rescue.

"I am sorry but we're really running late." He said as he gestured for the guards to keep the reporters away. "You can schedule an interview with Mr. Hernandez and all the answers to your questions will be answered. Thank you."

Eric whispered a thank you to Mr. Smith and the both of them went to their car and drove off. They had a really important meeting waiting for them and they couldn't keep the clients waiting for so long.

*

Meanwhile, here was Antonio, a distance away from where Eric had been, watching the whole thing. He was already at the company premises and thanks to his super tinted car, no one could see him. His heart was racing terribly and he was so scared. He had wanted to get out of that car and go to Eric. But his confidence had melted away and he couldn't do it.

He just watched from his car as Eric was surrounded by the reporters and he looked so beautiful, so gorgeous and Sergio had felt his hormones rise. Shit, if only he could hold him in his arms, kiss him again and tell him how much he loved him. But he didn't have the courage to do that.

'Fuck!' He muttered. "How am I supposed to get close to you when I am so scared, Eric? Lord, please, show me a way out of this. Give me strength."

He opened his eyes and saw Eric getting into the car and drove off. Sergio started his car and left too. Perhaps, another time.

***

Sergio got out of his car, locking it behind him. He was feeling really tired and needed a hot shower to massage his body. It was already afternoon and he was a bit hungry though didn't feel like eating. He had no idea what the hell was wrong with him.

As he was heading towards the entrance to his house, his phone began ringing and he quickly picked it. It was his assistant.

"Hello, Jenny!"

'Sir, are you still coming?' She asked worriedly. 'The clients have been waiting for over two hours. They're getting impatient.'

"Shit!" He swore, covering his mouth. "That was today? Why didn't you inform me?"

'I did, sir!' She sighed. 'But you told me you already knew about it. I even called you and you didn't answer my call so I thought...'

"Do me a favor, Jenny!" He gave a gloomy sigh, gripping his hair. "Please, apologize to them on my behalf and tell them that I'll follow them to their company first thing tomorrow morning."

'Yes, sir!' She said with a sigh. 'You know I have your back always.'

"Thanks." He smiled.

Sergio couldn't believe he'd forgotten such an important meeting. How could he? That was the second time he was gonna reschedule the meeting. What the fuck was wrong with him, he thought as he rubbed his face? Eric really had him under his grip.

"Fuck!" He muttered.

As he was nearing the entrance, he almost bumped into Trevor who was rushing outside looking really mad. When he saw him, both of them just stood there without saying a word to each other. They just kept on staring at each other like strangers.

"Where are you coming from?" Trevor sneered, breathing like he was in labor.

"What do you mean, Trev? I am coming from the office."

"You're lying, Sergio." Trevor snapped, pointing angrily at him. "I just came from your office and I had been waiting for you for hours but you didn't show up."

Sergio felt his heart race a bit. "What are you talking about?"

"You're lying!" Trev said angrily. "I came to your office and your assistant told me you haven't been there today so you better not lie to me, Sergio. You know how much I hate lies."

Sergio frowned, putting his hand on Trevor's forehead. "Are you sure you're alright? I think..."

"Don't take me for a fool, Sergio. Where the fuck did you go? I don't like it when you tell lies, I hate it."

"But..."

"Did you go to see someone else?" Trevor said with tears in his eyes, surprising Sergio. "Is there someone else?"

"Stop talking nonsense!" Sergio chuckled, shaking his head. "I am not seeing anyone. I am marrying you, remember? And I think you're tired. I am also tired. I need a shower."

He patted Trevor on the shoulder and started heading inside. But Trevor wasn't gonna let things go like that. There was no way Sergio was gonna lie to him and he was gonna let it go like that.

"Sergio! What the fuck!" He furiously rushed to him and pulled his arm angrily. "Tell me the truth, damn it! Where did you go? You know that we had plans today and yet you left early when you very well knew that I was coming here."

Sergio felt a surge of anger go through him and he felt himself losing it. He put his hands on his hips, staring at Trevor without even blinking.

"And now you're lying to me that..."

"Stop it, Trevor!" He sighed in frustration. "I am really..."

"What?" Trevor shook his head angrily. "You think that just because you gave me an excuse, I am gonna let it go like that? Where did you go? Tell me! Where did you..."

"Stop it, Trevor!" Sergio snapped, his voice filling the entire room. "I am saying I am really tired. What part of that didn't you understand? Who are you to monitor my movements? Are you my mother? Are you my sister or my husband?"

Tears welled up in Trevor's eyes and he took a step back in fear. That was the first time Sergio lost his temper on him in five years. What could have triggered it, he thought as a tear rushed down his cheek?

"If you don't have anything to do than monitor me then I suggest you go and sleep. I am done here!"

With a final look at Trevor, Sergio started rushing upstairs, leaving his boyfriend standing there trying to gather one or two of what had just happened there. He couldn't believe it. His fiancé for the first time had just snapped on him, something that had never happened before.

'What?' He thought, shaking his head. 'What just happened? This can't be happening. Sergio has never talked to me in that manner before, not even when he was angry. What could have triggered this? Where did he go?'

He slowly rubbed his tears and was about to start leaving when he suddenly spotted Adrianna right in front of him with her arms folded, staring at him with a mocking smile on her face. She felt so much anger, so much rage and so much hatred at that particular moment.

"Poor, poor, Trevor..." She chirped as she got closer, shaking her head. "You poor unfortunate soul."

She put her hand on his shoulder but he shrugged it off and gave her an angry look, a warning.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry that my brother had to snap at you." She gasped in mock astonishment, putting her hands on her chest. "I am truly sorry. But what could my brother do when you've pushed him to the wall enough. In fact, I think he should have given you a dirty slap instead. I mean, who do you think you are to monitor his every movement. My brother is not a slave, get it? Enough is enough!"