Game of Love Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Eric chuckled, clapping in mock. "Wow! That was really a wonderful speech, Trevor. Definitely beautiful but you see, you're telling the wrong person because I am not interested in your boyfriend. Oops!" He gasped in mock astonishment. "Your fiancé!"

Trevor felt molten anger roll through him and he groaned, stamping his foot on the floor.

"How dare you, Eric!" He snarled. "I am warning you. Stay away from my fiancé because he is love with me."

Eric nodded. "Well then if you're so sure about him loving you then why are you here running after me like a dog? I am not gonna steal away from you. If I wanted to do that, I would do it as easy as that." He snapped his finger right in front of Trevor's face. "But I am not interested in him. You can keep him... forever!"

He smiled and tried to leave but Trevor pulled him back.

"And where do you think you're going? I am not done with you."

"Well, I am done with you." Eric snapped. "And if you'll excuse me, I have better things than to talk to silly and useless people."

"How dare you!" Fury tore through Trevor and he rose his hand with the intention of slapping Eric.

But to his surprise, Eric caught his hand and threw it angrily. The impact took Trevor too steps behind and he held his hand, staring at Eric like he had just grown another head. Oh God, he hated him so much. He just wanted to murder him.

"I am warning you, Eric!" He seethed. "I don't care who fucked you to get to the position you are and I don't even care who is still fucking you. But stay away from Sergio because I won't be this nice the next time I see you anywhere near him."

"Well, that's what makes us different. I am talented, beautiful, smart and hard working. I don't need to go on my knees to suck dick in order to be successful. What's up here..." He gestured to his head. "...is enough to bring me all kinds of successes that I want. And I have no problem staying away from Sergio." He raised his eyebrow. "But the question is, can he stay away from me?"

Trevor felt something move in him and he clenched his fists.

"Sergio wouldn't even think of coming to you when he has me. I am all that he ever needs, the man that he's been in love with for the over eight years" Trevor chuckled although he was mad. "Not to think of approaching you, he wouldn't even look at you. Why would he do that when he has all..." He winked, moaning like a bitch. "....this!"

Eric laughed, getting closer. "Well, it didn't seem like that when he was down on his knees this morning begging me to forgive him." He crossed his arms over his chest. "He also didn't seem to mind when he was holding my hand. Guess you need to find a tighter leash because the one you're holding him with is about to snap."

Trevor froze, staring at Eric with wide eyes.

'Sir Sergio didn't come to the office today.' The assistant's voice rang through his head. 'He even didn't attend any meetings this morning too. I don't know what's been wrong with him these past two days. He seems off.'

Trevor felt a nameless dread engulf him and he instantly started sweating. His fear had started coming true. Shit! His breaths quickened and he went limp. He wanted to say something to Eric but he couldn't find his voice.

"Oh my God, Trevor!" Eric gasped in mock astonishment, putting his hand on Trevor's forehead. Trevor moved away. "You don't look so good. I think you should go and see a doctor. You might be heading to your death."

Trevor groaned and started leaving angrily.

"And one more thing..." He stopped but didn't turn. This time it was Eric who went in front of him and he wasn't smiling anymore. "...be really careful with me, Trevor. You don't know me anymore. Know your lane and always look on both sides of your shoulder. A speeding car can come from anywhere. Goodbye..." He looked at him in disgust. "....big bro!"

He turned and left Trevor standing there like a statue. As soon as he left, Trevor angrily groaned, breathing like he was in labor.

"Damn that Eric!" He screamed. "I'll get you for this, I swear. I'll get you."

*

Eric took a seat at the table where Giada was staring at him with such dread and evil. He was sure the woman had evil plans up her sleeve but he didn't care. He was ruining her own meeting and he loved it a lot.

"You took long." David asked. "Is everything okay?"

"Sure! Just ran into a little pest problem." He glanced at Sergio who was just staring back at him like a statue. "But it was nothing I couldn't handle."

"Oh!" David smiled. "Well, we thank God for that."

At that same time, Trevor arrived and he was smiling like he'd won a lottery. He was busy fanning himself with a hand fan. While sitting, he furiously hit Eric really hard on the shoulder and it hurt like hell. Eric lost the smile on his face, raising his head to stare into Trevor's eyes. When their eyes met, Trevor had an evil grin on his face. Everyone saw that.

"Oops, I am so sorry." Trevor gasped in mock, taking a seat besides his boyfriend. "That was an accident."

He leaned closer to his fiancé, kissing his cheek lovingly. He held onto his arm and leaned there while staring at Eric, giving him a signal to stay away from his fiancé or he was gonna get hurt.

Eric let out a harsh breath, staring at Giada. The woman seemed satisfied with what her son had done. But Eric only smiled, almost too confidently. Then he looked at Trevor who was being cozy with Sergio who still looked like a statue. Then he didn't something unimaginable. He knocked off a glass full of juice from the table and it fell on Trevor and spilt all over his clothes.

Trevor wasn't expecting it and he was caught by surprise. His eyes widened to the point where they almost popped out of his socket. His jaw dropped and he moved his hands away from his Sergio and just looked at himself. His entire white outfit was now purple from the grape juice that had poured on him. He felt like he'd peed himself,

He quickly rose his head to stare at Eric and what he found was a mocking smile on Eric's face and he didn't even seem apologetic at all. That was on purpose....

"W-what?" He gasped, his jaw shaking uncontrollably. "What..."

"Oops, that was an accident too." Eric said, holding his chest. "I am so sorry."

Kim was really surprised by the behavior of Eric. He was now sure that there was something between them because the way they'd been staring at each other was just a bit weird. But she couldn't say anything. She just sat there watching the entire thing.

Sergio was beyond surprised and Adrianna was really excited. She couldn't hold her laugh anymore. She burst into laughter, trying to cover her mouth. Kim looked at her and wondered what was so funny that she could laugh like that.

"Well, I am really sorry for that but I guess I have to leave." Eric apologized, getting up from the chair. "I need to be somewhere really important." He looked at both Sergio and Trevor. "Congratulations on your engagement and your upcoming wedding."

"Wait, here is my card and it contains everything." Adrianna said, handing him the card.

"Alright, Adrianna. It was really nice to meet you. I'll call."

With those words, Eric took off, leaving everyone in shock.

"I am truly sorry for that." David apologized. "I have to leave too and thanks for your hospitality."

He also went away.

"What?" Trevor got up, looking at himself. "Oh my God, that idiot totally ruined my outfit. Mom that idiot ruined everything." He snapped.

The people in the restaurant were staring at him and some were laughing while pointing at him. And to Trevor's surprise, Sergio just sat there without showing any concern. He was just staring at him like he didn't know. That was the final blow.

"That idiot ruined everything." He furiously picked up his phone and car keys and stormed out of there, cursing as he left.

"I am truly sorry, Kim." Giada apologized, trying her best to smile. "We really have to leave. I will call you later. I am sorry for this."

Kim nodded. "Yes, we'll also be leaving."

Giada took her gorgeous handbag and left. She was so mad. He'd managed to ruin her perfect.

The Alvarados remained seated quietly. None said a word to the other. But Adrianna was wearing a smile while taking her juice. That had been entertaining. Meanwhile, Sergio didn't even know what was going on. He was so damn confused and his heart was racing. All that time Eric had been so close to him, all he had wanted to do was grab him and kiss him.

***

"That sly bitch!" Trevor screamed as he entered the house. He'd never been so mad at anyone before. "He's gonna pay for this, I swear. He'll pay for this humiliation and for even setting an eye on my Sergio. He'll pay for everything."

Giada entered the house and man was she mad. What Eric had told her at the restaurant had gotten through her system and she felt like something inside of her was clenching. Rage flowed through her like lava.

"I have never been so humiliated my entire life like today." She seethed. "And by... by some little brat. He humiliated me right in front of Kimberly and a whole lot of people." She was acting like she was dreaming. "How dare he insult me like that!"

"He ruined everything!" Trevor screamed. "Everything that I had been planning. We were supposed to be happy today but no, he came and ruined everything and I'll make him pay for every word he used, every humiliation and every insult. He's gonna wish he hadn't crossed my path. I'll make him cry, I swear, mommy. I'll hit him where it hurts the most."

"Well, what I can tell you is that this battle has just gone to another level." Giada felt a flash of irritation. "I'll destroy that boy that he's gonna wish he didn't come back here. He might think he won something today but that is a chance he's never gonna get again."

Trevor groaned, throwing a cushion to the floor. "Well, mommy, whatever happens now, I need to keep that bitch away from my Sergio because he's smarter than we thought. We have to very careful with every move that we make now because that Eric has proven to be dangerous. He's after Sergio and to get back at us, that's for sure.

Eric knows that Sergio is my life and I love him so much. He's gonna do all he can to seduce my man. That's why I have to get married to Sergio at all costs. I don't care if I have to go to hell to marry him. My plans will still push through and anybody who tries to separate us is gonna pay with his life. That's my promise to you, mommy.

And I will make sure that whatever humiliation you went through today, I'll get back at him. I swear."

Giada held her son's hand, kissing it. "That's my baby."

"I learnt from the best." He chuckled. "We're the Sandovals and we don't give up on anything that is supposed to be ours no matter how challenging things might be."

"You're right and you just gave me an idea right now."

"What?" He asked.

Giada just gave an evil grin. This was gonna be fun.

***

"Oh my God, I am so tired." Adrianna threw herself on the couch. "I have never been so tired my entire life."

Kim and Sergio sat there too but none of them spoke a word. A maid brought them glasses of cold water and it was able to make them feel cool, at least. At that time, Adrianna's phone beeped and she quickly checked who it was before a smiled popped up her face.

"Wow! This guy is good. True to his word." She laughed. "He's just sent me a catalogue of his latest collection." She sat properly and began checking, gasping at everything she saw. "Oh my God, I love everything. What should I do? I just need like three or four pairs. Mom..."

"That's from, what's his name again?" She asked.

"His name is Eric, mom." Adrianna said without even looking at her. "Don't you think he's good? Look at that?" She showed her screen to her mother.

"Good, yes!" Kim nodded. "But I didn't appreciate what he did today. How could such a boy be that disrespectful? He literally insulted Giada and ruined our entire meeting."

"What?" Adrianna gasped, shaking her head. "What are you talking about, mommy? I don't think there was anything disrespectful about what he did at the restaurant. How else is Aunt Giada supposed to partner with them? Definitely she's not gonna talk her way into that company. And besides, I think Eric was right. She should sell some shares to them if she wants a partnership.

And if you're talking about what had happened to Trevor, he deserved it because he started it."

Kim shook her head angrily, rising from the couch. "You're impossible, Adrianna. I don't know why you always find pleasure in seeing others suffer."

"Not others," She corrected. "Just a few and Trev is number one on my list."

"You know what..." Kim chuckled bitterly. "You need to grow up because you're no longer a kid."

She shook her head and left for upstairs. As soon as she left, Adrianna quickly moved to her brother who was seated there, deeply lost in his thoughts.

"Hey!" She prodded him, getting him back to the real world. "Now I know why you're so afraid of approaching Eric. Man, he's really rude and he doesn't care who's around. I like him already."

Sergio sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

"I knew Eric was really tough. They called him iron boy back in school but this new version of him is scaring me."

"You should be." She teased. "But come to think of it, Eric is the hottest boy I have ever set my eyes on, no offense. He's classy, really sexy and sophisticated unlike that excuse of a fiancé you're about to marry. You two would look good together."

Sergio was confused. "Adrianna, my marriage to Trevor is in three weeks' time. Right now I am not even thinking of getting back together with Eric." He knew he was lying and he felt his heart react. "What I want is just his forgiveness for the sake of peace. I have been guilty for the last five years and what I want is just closure for the both of us. What happens next, only fate will predict."

"And fate will want the two of you to be together. You got rejected once, no big deal. Why don't you approach him again?"

"I am trying but it's really difficult and..."

"Not to me, it's not." She showed him what was on her screen. "I have already resolved that for you. All you need to do is master some courage and approach him. No matter what he'll say, do not leave. Come on, you know what I am talking about, right?"

Sergio nodded without even smiling. He was scared and really confused. After what he'd seen at the restaurant, he was now even more scared to approach Eric.

'Adrianna, I know you're just trying to help but I can't even begin to tell you how much I am scared.' He thought while staring at the wall with the picture of a smiling Eric at the back of his mind. 'I am scared that Eric might never love me again. That will surely break my already broken heart. But even if he doesn't love me, at least, I will be able to live knowing that he has forgiven.'

He closed his eyes and suppressed his tears. His heart was in pain and whatever he'd done to Eric in the past was haunting him.

***

Giada was seated in her wonderful comfy chair which felt like she was sitting on needles at that moment. She was dressed sexily in a black designer's pantsuit with a white shirt inside and her cleavage exposed for all the men in this world to see. Her hair was made in curls and her makeup was on point.

Giada's heart was racing, her body going way beyond boiling. She was really mad and she was staring at the document that she was holding, trying to hold herself from tearing that stupid thing she was looking at. She raised her face and stared at the board members there and she wasn't happy at all.

"What the hell am I looking at?" Giada snapped, throwing the document hard on the table. "What the fuck is this?"

"Ma'am, it's the financial report for..."

"I know exactly what it is, you dumb idiot!" She yelled at the woman who was seated next to her, the secretary. "What I want to know is what it means?"

"Ma'am, that is our current sales since the launch of the new collection." A black man spoke without fear in her voice. "Our sales have dropped drastically and we still have a lot in stock."

"What?" Giada felt a shiver go down her spine. "What are you telling me? These can't be the figures of our sales."

"Yes, ma'am." Another, a lady this time spoke. "We've never experienced such a thing before. All the products of Sandoval fashion house have done great on the market and no one has ever had the guts to compete with us."

Giada's mouth shook in fear. "There has to be a mix up somewhere. These figures are the worst I have ever seen. I never got these figures even when I was starting this company over 20 years ago. Something is really wrong."

"Do you need to ask?" The product manager said with a stern face. "Of course, that's no secret, something really is wrong here. We were doing alright in the market but ever since the launch of the 'revamp' collection a few days ago, it was like our sales got paralyzed. We haven't sold a single thing since then."

Giada's hands went cold and clammy. She trembled inside and panic surged through her. Her eyes widened and her heart began racing in anger. The color drained from her face.

"Revamp?" Raw panic was in her voice. "You mean the new collection from Liberty shoes Powers Company? But that company has been operating for over four years and it has never affected any of our sales."

"You're absolutely right about that, ma'am." The managing director said. "But that was before they decided to launch their new collection in this country a few days ago. Although that company has been operating for quite some time, they've never launched any collection in this country. But now that they have, they're slowly paralyzing us."

Giada felt a cold mist overcrowd her.

"But what about our business partners and other companies that wanted contracts?"

"When we launched our new clothes and shoe line, we had quite a number of offers from a lot of companies but since the launch of revamp, it's like they've all just disappeared. Even some of the companies we have contracts with have started pulling it."

Giada shook her head. "No! This can't be happening. This is Sandoval fashion house, one of the biggest fashion companies in the country."

"There's no denying that." The black guy spoke. "But right now, Liberty shoes and D&E are our biggest competition. We need to find ways of avoiding what's coming, Mrs. Sandoval."

Giada hit her hands on the table. She was blank as hell and she couldn't think properly.

"You all know how much we had put in this new collection." She said, staring at all of them. "We had put in a lot of money and we also got loans. If we continue like this then I don't need to remind you what's going to happen. We need to work harder than we are right now."

"Ma'am, we're trying our best. Our employees are already out there working their butts out but nothing is working out." One of them spoke. "We've also taken a risk of reducing the prices by 50% but everyone prefers Revamp to our collection."

"Then make something greater, anything." Giada was panicking. "Tell our designers to come up with the most gorgeous designs that will beat Revamp."

The managing director signed. "I am sorry, Mrs. Sandoval, but I am afraid that's not gonna help. Unless we find someone like Eric Hernandez then we have a chance but I don't think..."

"I don't wanna hear that name!" Giada snapped, furiously getting up from her chair. "I am the president of this company and what I say goes."

"We understand that." The financial manager spoke. "But this isn't about that, Mrs. Sandoval. We had put in a lot of funds in our new collection because we had a lot of faith in it. Even if we were to find designers that would create something to beat revamp, we are still gonna need funds.