Game of Love Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Eric, my son..."

"Don't call me that!" Eric spouted, shaking his head. "Don't you dare call me that. I am not your son."

"Eric, please... hear me out." Brice pleaded, getting closer but his son only got further away from him. "I know that you hate me for all the things that have happened to you and your mother. And I know I am the one to be..."

"You're the one to be blamed?" Eric's voice slightly rose. "You're the one to be blamed, really? Of course, you're the cause of all our pain."

"My son..."

"Don't call me that!"

"I am still your father."

Eric chuckled bitterly, fighting his tears. "Let me see," He raised his chin, acting like he was thinking of something. "Some years back I found out that someone that I loved so much, someone that I trusted and called my hero was nothing but a fraud. He lured my mother into a trap and used her love against her." He gave a half shrug. "Obviously, I have to be okay. Isn't it how I should be?"

"Son..."

"You lost the privilege of calling me your son years ago when I found out the truth about you. To me, I have no father and whatever he was in the past to me, it was all burnt in the fire that he had set for me."

"Son, please!" Brice put his hands together. "I know I had hurt you and I have realized my mistakes. Believe me, for the last five years, I have spent most of my time looking for you. I had even hired a private investigator."

"For what?" He grimaced. "What were you looking me for?"

"To mend my ways and to..." He paused and took Eric's hand, rubbing it sweetly. "...make up for all those years and the pain that I had caused you. Believe me, there's nothing I regret more than not giving you the love you deserved."

Eric took in a deep, harsh breath, withdrawing his hand angrily.

"Don't touch me, Mr. Sandoval!" He said hoarsely. "We're in public and there are people around us. They know exactly who you are. You're a prestigious and powerful family." He gave an evil grin. "You don't want your illegitimate son to ruin your reputation or your perfect family. Go to them and be with them."

Brice felt a tear go down his cheek and he didn't even rub it.

"But it's still not complete." Brice sighed gloomily. "There's still a big part missing in my life, you! I understand your pain and..."

"No!" Eric snarled, tears welling in his eyes. "No, Mr. Sandoval, you don't understand pain. You will never understand what I was going through. Do you know the pain of struggling each day knowing you could have a better life if your father decided to support you? Do you know the pain of losing a father while he is still alive? Do you know the pain of seeing your mother suffer just make sure you have a comfortable life?"

Brice lowered his head as a sharp pain passed through his body like a powerful wave. He groaned softly, more tears making its way down his cheeks. He didn't know how to answer that question and he couldn't look at his son anymore.

"No, Mr. Sandoval, because the only thing you know how to do is cause pain." He huffed, raising his finger. "You're an expert at that and you deserve an award. Your son died many, many years ago. The person you see now is different and he has no father."

"Eric, I know that you're now different and I am the happiest person for you." Brice said softly. "You were able to achieve what I couldn't help you achieve. I should have supported you and that's my fault."

"No, I didn't need and I don't need it now." He wanted to go away but he turned and faced his father. "In fact, I should thank your wife for the final blow that finally made me flee this city like a lost dog."

Brice quickly rubbed his tears, a frown appearing on his face. "Giada? What are you talking about?"

Eric chuckled bitterly. "Oh, she didn't tell you. Why am I not surprised?" He laughed, getting closer. "She's the reason why I fled this city. She's the reason why I almost thought of taking my life and she's the reason why I almost lost my mother."

"But Giada..."

"I don't have time for this." He dismissed. "Maybe you should go and beg for forgiveness at the church. God might just forgive you but as for me, forget about it. And don't ever show your face to me, Brice!"

He furiously turned and rushed into the restroom, leaving Brice standing there like a statue. Brice just wanted to break down and just cry. But he couldn't afford to mess up and create a scene at the party. He slowly rubbed his tears and walked away. Maybe Eric needed some time to heal. He was gonna talk to him again. He wasn't gonna give up.

***

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you so much for coming to this wonderful event." The master of ceremony, a tall dark man spoke with a smile.

Everyone started clapping happily. The stage was set up beautifully with many decors and beautiful flowers. There was a huge banner hang on top with golden words, 'Alvarado Jewelers 30th anniversary' printed on it.

There was a huge screen behind which showed their products and there were a lot of beautiful paintings that showed off diamond necklaces, rings and other jewelries that they were specialized. Everyone was happy to be a party of it.

"And before we begin, I would love to invite our company's president, Mr. Sergio Alvarado to come and say a few things."

Everyone started clapping as Sergio made his way to the stage with a smile that totally seduced everyone in that vicinity. He took the microphone and watched as all eyes got fixed on him. He somehow got really nervous.

"Thank you so much!" He hollered. "When I took over the company from my mother five years ago, I never actually thought that in five years, this company would rise so much. In fact, I thought I was too young, too naïve and too playful." He laughed together with everyone.

Then his face got stern. "But like they say, no one can reach their destination alone. This company is successful and is today celebrating its 30th anniversary because of support from everyone in here and not in attendance." They all cheered. "Today I am standing here as one of the youngest most successful businessmen because of my family and their support.

But most of all, I would love to thank someone that has totally changed me, someone that is very close to my heart. Without him, I wouldn't have probably turned into the man that I am today, sensible and mature."

Trevor blushed where he stood and he started acting like a bride on her nuptial night. He rubbed his temple as his smile grew even bigger. Giada, squeezed his shoulder, giving him the thumbs up.

"When I met him, I was just a playful boy, so young and so careless. But his love changed my way of thinking and gave me a new direction. Although, I had messed up at some point, I became a better man, a better business man and a better person. This person has contributed a lot to the growth of this company indirectly and I love him so much."

The whole place went lit with cheers, whistles and claps. That had been really amazing and emotional too. Everyone kept on staring at Trevor but the only one in that room who knew what was going on was Adrianna. There was no way Sergio was talking about Trevor.

"And finally, I would love to thank my second family, all the employees of Alvarado jewelers. You guys are amazing and without you, there wouldn't be this company. Thank you!"

Everyone clapped as Sergio gave the microphone to the MC and stood by his side.

"Thank you so much and now for the special announcement." The MC said, gesturing to the security people.

At that same time, the stage opened up and out emerged a really beautiful diamond necklace that caught the attention of everyone in that room. They all gasped, holding their chests while their eyes almost popped out of their sockets as they stared at the elegant beautiful that had just emerged. It was in a glass but the beauty couldn't be masked.

'Wow, it's beautiful!'

'I want it!'

"Ladies and gentlemen, this beautiful diamond necklace that you've just seen was made by Mr. Sergio Alvarado himself just for this special event. And for the first time ever, we're going to have an auction right here.

This fine piece of jewelry you see is not only beautiful but it's also very rare and very expensive. But tonight, you're gonna be the ones to decide the price at which it will be sold at. The necklace will only be sold to the highest bidder and all the money we're gonna raise in this auction is gonna go to charity"

Everyone was cheering again, their hearts racing.

"But that's not the most interesting part." The MC announced, making the hearts of everyone to race. "Mr. Sergio Alvarado himself has agreed to go on a date tonight with the highest bidder.

The whole room suddenly went crazy with cheers. Many people in there knew exactly what that meant. A date with Sergio Alvarado was gonna be a dream come true. They were all so happy.

Meanwhile, Trevor who had been smiling suddenly lost the smile on his face. Irritation pricked at him while he stared at all those lecherous faces in there, eye fucking his husband to be. He balled his fists, his breaths quickening. His anger spread through him. He hadn't known about that and he wasn't gonna allow it. He glanced at Kim and she just shrugged, smiling at him.

"Bidding will start at 25, 000 dollars!"

"25 000 dollars!" A woman with red hair hollered, getting up from her feet. She had her eyes all over Sergio and she was probably dreaming of fucking him.

"50 000 dollars!" Trevor hollered, chuckling to himself. There was no way he was gonna allow Sergio to go on date with someone else. Never!

"Whoa! Looks like his husband to be is not giving up easily!" The MC chuckled. "50 000 dollars going once..."

"65 000 dollars," The same woman announced.

Trev grimaced, giving her angry eyes. 'Bitch!' He said under his breath.

"100 000 dollars!" He shouted.

"250 000 dollars!" A man who looked to be in his 50s shouted.

"Wow!" The MC announced. "This is getting interesting. 250 000 going once, twice..."

'500 000 dollars!" Trevor shouted, shaking his head.

"Wow! If you want this jewelry and this man, you've got to go higher than that because his love won't leave him."

"750 000!" Another woman hollered.

"1 million!" Trev wasn't gonna give up.

"1 million going once, twice..."

"5 million dollars!" Came a voice.

Everyone gasped, taking a long look at the man that had just said that. Trev felt his heart pound painfully when he saw Eric standing there, smiling brightly. His resentment grew inside him like him like a tumor. His edge of irritation had returned.

Giada fought the chaos of her rage and Kim was a ball of pure anger. Everyone else was just smiling.

"Wow! The highest bid yet and it came from none other than our own fashion god!" The MC announced.

Sergio felt his heart race with joy and he couldn't help but smile. That day just kept on getting better and better. He started praying for a date with Eric and he prayed to the heavens to help Eric win. Not even in his wildest nightmares had he thought Eric would do that.

"Going once...."

"6..."

"15 million!" Eric announced before Trev could even finish his sentence.

Trev felt a vortex of anger swell inside of him and he looked at Eric angrily. Both their eyes met and he felt like rushing there and killing him with his bare hands. Eric had a mocking smile on his face.

"This bitch!" Trev groaned, glancing at his mother. "I won't allow him win this night. He won't run my perfect night!"

"So going once..."

"16 million!" Trev hollered, smiling in mock at Eric.

"20 million...."

"23 million!" Trev chuckled, making every gasp. That was a little too much even for that necklace.

Trev knew he'd won when he looked at Eric and saw that defeated look on his face.

"Going once, twice, thr..."

"70 million!"

Trev gasped, losing the smile on his face. He looked at Giada and the woman just stared back at him. He was so scared and he started staring at Eric like he wanted to murder him right there. He looked at Sergio and saw the guy with a smile, staring at Eric like he wanted to devour him.

"70 million dollars. Going once, twice.... Sold!"

Everyone started clapping loudly except for Kim and Giada and her son. They were staring at Eric while he just smiled brightly. How rich was this boy was the only question going through everyone's mind? Trev felt tears build in his eyes and he frowned, his fists trembling uncontrollably.

"Yeah!" Adrianna shouted. "You the boss, Eric! You're the man!"

"Wow! That was quite a race, wasn't it?" The MC gasped. "Who would have thought that we'd reach as far as 70 million? The charity organizations are really going to appreciate and help me welcome Mr. Hernandez to the stage with a round of applause."

Everyone started cheering.

Eric gracefully walked to the stage, glancing at the man that was smiling brightly at him. He embraced with the Mc before he stood with Sergio who looked at him with eyes of love. And it was not only Eric who saw the way Sergio was staring at him. Even Kim and Giada saw it too. Trevor wanted to cry but he felt a hand rubbing on his shoulder. It was Kim.

"Wow! Mr. Hernandez, I don't even know what to say to you!" The Mc gasped. "That's quite a lot of money you've spent today. Would you like to say something?"

Eric got the microphone from the MC and smiled. Everyone just went crazy.

"Well, thank you very much. I don't mind spending so much because it is a very beautiful piece of art. I know that diamonds are a girl's best friend and I was willing to spend any amount to get this beautiful piece of art for a woman who has always been with me through tough times, my mother. But aside from that, I am ready to spend my money on my obsession."

He tilted his head and glanced at Sergio who was awfully staring at him. Trevor couldn't help it. A tear went down his cheek and he quickly rubbed it. His night had once again been ruined but he wasn't gonna give up that easily.

"And that is charity." Eric continued, smiling at the crowd. "I am ready to do anything to see that children are in school and well-fed and I know that 70 million is gonna help them a lot. Thank you so much!"

Everyone started clapping, shouting that they loved him so much. He went and stood beside Sergio, coiling his arm sweetly with his. Sergio felt like he'd just been connected to a powerful cable of electricity. Their eyes locked for a moment and the both of them blushed.

Eric waved at the people and the two of them went from the stage, greeting the people that congratulated Eric for winning the bid. Some of the people even went to the extent of telling them that they looked good together, which killed Trevor. He was only seconds away from crying.

Kim couldn't take it. She furiously went to the two of them and pulled her son away slowly, smiling at the people that watched. She didn't want to create a scene and possibly a scandal. She chuckled nervously, staring at Eric.

"May I have a word with you?" She asked, still wearing a smile. "In private?"

"Sure!" Eric nodded.

He followed her away from everyone and found her waiting for him with a frown on her face. When he reached there, she just kept on staring at him without saying a word. He knew she was mad because of what he'd done but he didn't simply care.

"What do you think you're doing?" Kim barked, lifting her hands. "I tolerated you coming here uninvited but I won't tolerate you flirting with my son while his fiancé is watching. What did I tell you when I came to your office the other day?"

"What are you talking about?" Eric gave a half shrug. "I am not flirting with Sergio. I just liked the necklace and was ready to get it at any cost. I would have still bought it whether it came with Sergio or not. You're a business woman so you know what I am talking about."

"Cut the crap!" Kim snapped, jutting her hip. "If you think I am allowing you to go on a date with my son then you've got another thing coming."

"Who says I wanna go on a date with him?" Eric asked, giving a mocking smile. "I am not interested in the date. Whatever I said is the truth. All I wanted to do was help out and..."

"And who said we needed your help?" She yelled. "We were doing fine."

"Well, Kim, I didn't say I was trying to help you." He slightly raised his voice. "I was just trying to help the children that this money is gonna go to. And if you think...."

"Then get the fuck out of here!" She gestured, breathing like a predator. "You've done what you wanted to do here so get out. Leave us to enjoy the rest of the night in peace. This is very important for me and we do not need...."

"Gosh! I got you!" Eric raised his hands like he was surrendering. "You don't have to act like an insecure wife. Sergio is your son and not your husband. He knows what he wants."

He shook his head in frustration and quickly turned, leaving Kim stunned and looking really mad. She couldn't believe he had just said that to her. But she didn't have time to be mad. She had a party to finish.

"Eric!" Adrianna gasped when she saw him. She had a frown on her face. "What did mom say to you?"

"We were just talking." He lied, still wearing his smile. "And I have to leave. I have already done what I probably came to do here. Enjoy the rest of the night." He leaned forward and kissed her cheek.

He started leaving but Adrianna gripped his arm and held it tighter. She felt really terrible.

"But what about your date with Sergio? Don't you think...."

"No, Adrianna!" He chuckled softly. "He's got Trevor with him. Besides, it wasn't really about the date. It was about charity and I am content with that. Thanks for your invitation. I had a great time."

Eric left as quickly as he could. Adrianna stood there, just watching as he left the premises. She was sure that her mother had said something to him that made him leave like that. She didn't appreciate it one bit and her mood was ruined.

Adrianna felt a hand on her shoulder. She quickly turned and found Sergio looking at her with a sexy smile.

"Hey! What are you doing here? The party is all the way over there?" He gestured. "Let's go. I think you owe me a dance."

Adrianna's mouth shook. "He left!"

Sergio giggled. "What are you talking about? Who left?"

"Eric!" muttered. "I don't know what mom said to him that made him leave."

"What?" He gasped, his smile starting to fade. "Eric left. When?"

"A minute ago!"

Sergio took a deep breath and started rushing outside but before he even went further, he heard Kimberly's voice.

"And where do you think you're going?"

He quickly turned and found Kim coming towards him together with Trevor and Giada. They were all looking mad.

"Mom!" He sighed in frustration. "What did you say to him? What did you tell Eric that made him leave?"

Kim chuckled bitterly. "Nothing that wasn't true. He doesn't belong here. No one wanted him here. He was just a trespasser and he took it like a man and left."

"Mom, how could you?" He furiously rushed to her, totally losing his temper. "When did you turn into this woman?"

"The day I found out that that bitch has been chasing after you like a dog in heat knowing fully well that you're as good as a married man!" She yelled, stamping her foot on the floor. "Look at you. You have your fiancé with you and he didn't even care about that. He shamelessly came here, dressed like a whore simply to come and seduce you. I can never allow that."

"Well, you're wrong!" Sergio was seething. He was mad at his mother. "Eric is not chasing after me. If you wanna blame someone then blame me. I am the one chasing after him."

Kim felt like she'd just been hit by lightning when her son said that. Trevor couldn't hold himself anymore. Tears flooded his face and he began sobbing. It was the most painful thing he'd heard from Sergio.