Game of Love Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Answer me!" He yelled. But Sergio remained quiet. "Get the fuck up and face me. I want to look into the eyes of the man who'd dare come here and challenge me."

Sergio slowly got up and turned to face the man. He was putting on a black mask so Sergio couldn't see his face, only his eyes, and his lips. He was wearing black attire and he had his gun pointed into Sergio's face. A smile appeared on his face.

"Wow! Today is my lucky day." The man chirped, shaking his head. "Any last words?"

***

Kim was staring at the clock on the wall, the tic-tac sound making her heart race like she was riding a rodeo. She couldn't understand why she was not used to that, her son coming home whenever he wanted to. Maybe she was scared of what the truth might do to him. It had been four days already since the day of Eric's death. Sergio hadn't shed a tear, not once. All he did was go out to look for him hopelessly.

The fear thoughts looped around in his mind until there was no room for anything else.

'Sergio hasn't returned and it's almost 2 in the morning.' She thought as tears welled up in her eyes. 'I don't know how long I can keep this up. I can't bear to see my son suffering like this anymore. If I tell the truth to Sergio, there's a high possibility of him being killed by Jayden. Adrianna will be in trouble too, and I can't risk it. If I don't tell him, the truth might come out anyway. Then I will be in trouble too together with my children.'

She felt angry at herself for not allowing her son to be happy. Now she was cursed to always see him in sorrow. What was she going to do?

"Ahem!"

Kim got out of her thoughts and raised her head. She found Trevor staring at her with a beautiful smile on his face like nothing had happened. Her frustration kicked in and she rolled her eyes, ignoring him. She didn't wanna talk to him because she hated him so much.

"Mother?" He touched her shoulder, but she shrugged it off. Trevor smiled still, kneeling in front of her. He rested his hand on her thigh, staring into her eyes. "How have you been, mother? I am sorry that we haven't gotten to talk. And I know that you hate me right now. But I promise that you won't be harmed in this. I swear I'll protect you. I still consider you my mother because you're the mother of the man that I love so much. You're the mother of the man I am gonna marry very soon."

Kim quickly rose, staring at the boy that had just gotten on her nerves.

"I don't need your help, Trevor." She said harshly but slowly. "You have done a lot for me. I kept ignoring all your mistakes even when I knew my son was hurting because I always thought you were gonna make him happy. He kept telling me that you're not what you seemed. Even when he married Eric, I stood by your side. I went against my son for you, Trevor. And you have the effrontery to stand here and tell me all that? After all, you've done, you think I will still allow you in my son's life? I couldn't even imagine a decent, innocent boy as you could stoop to this level. Do you have any shame?" She barked.

Trevor got up, shaking his head. He bit back his anger and went closer to her.

"I only did this because I love Sergio." He said abruptly. "I didn't mean to hurt you this way. But I can promise you that I will make it right. Help me get married to Sergio and we'll live as one big happy family. I promise you. Please!"

Kim chuckled bitterly, rubbing her tears. "Even if I had the power to make my son marry someone, I wouldn't send him to the clutches of a snake-like you. I would rather see him with Eric over and over again."

Trevor clenched his fists feeling like someone had just poured anger on him. He wanted to slap Kim but he didn't wanna make matters worse.

"Mother please, don't say that." He held her hand. "You know how much I love you, and Sergio. He's all that I want. I only did all this so that we could be together. Please..."

"Don't touch me!" Kim warned, raising her finger at him. "And you can only dream about marrying my son because he'll never..."

"Enough!" Rage pounded in Trevor like a drumbeat. "You've talked enough, Kimberly." To say Kim was surprised would be an understatement. "I don't even know why I am begging a woman like you when you're so useless. Forget about you helping me, you cannot even help your son. I don't even know why I talked to you in the first place when it is clear who's boss. Whether you help me or not, I am gonna get married to Sergio. You can bet me on that. And when I do..." He got closer with an evil grin on his face. "...I will make sure that I send you to old people's homes early."

He flipped his hair, hissed, and left laughing.

Kim furiously rubbed her tears, taking a deep breath. She didn't wanna take what he had said to heart as she was already troubled. She had so many important things to worry about. Her son was still not home and it was already late.

She started heading to the door when suddenly, the door opened and a strong wind blew all over the living room. Her son was standing in the doorway, staring at her without even blinking. His eyes were blood red and they looked swollen. His face was completely wet with tears and he looked a mess. His hair was dirty and unkempt... his forehead looked a little bruised... he had little blood on his hands and his fists were clenched.

He started coming towards her, staring at her like he wanted to kill her. Kim realized she couldn't move. The look her son gave her had her frozen when she stood. She was supposed to be happy he had finally managed to cry but she was worried. She knew something was wrong.

He walked towards her, stood in front of her, and glared in her eyes. Then all of a sudden, he did something unexpected. He gripped her into a hug and broke down, crying like his spirit needed to break loose from his skin, desperate to release an elemental rage on the world.

"Oh my son," Kim mourned as she held him tighter. "My poor son,"

Sergio dropped to the floor crying like the ferocity of it might bring Eric back; as if by sheer force of his grief the news would be undone. He was his husband and he could not be gone. Kim tried to hold him back, to calm him, even as her tears fell thick and fast but in his hysteria, he was too strong, too wild. She fell to her knees and held him tighter, rubbing on his back.

"Why does this keep happening, mommy?" He wailed. "The people I love, the ones that I trust and believe tend to betray me? Eric, mom, he... he..."

"Shhh..." She kissed his head. "I am right here, baby. You can cry. It is okay to cry. You've held it for so long, my baby."

"Why am I experiencing this pain? Why does it hurt so much? Why can't he come back to me? Why can't he feel my pain and my love?"

"I feel your pain, my love..." She sobbed. But even her soothing words couldn't calm him down. "...and I am sure everything will be alright. I am right here like I have always been. I won't leave you alone or go away."

He held her tighter and just cried out his heart. It was so painful for Kim to watch but she knew it had to be done for him to move on.

"I am sorry." He cried. "I am so sorry, mommy. Forgive me. I love you so much."

"It's okay, my love." She laid his head on her lap and began soothing him. "I was never angry at you and I know you love me. Please, I am right here. Just cry it out."

"I love you so much."

Sergio cried for what seemed like forever. Kim never left his side. She cried with him. He cried and cried until they died down and he slept on her lap. But even through his sleep, he was sniveling. His temperature got so high that it scared Kim. But she didn't want to wake him for fear of him crying hysterically again. She just played with his hair, planting kisses on his face. Whatever he had found out about Eric while he was out might have been too painful for him.

"I won't give you any hopes, because I know none of it would matter." She muttered. "I signed those documents to save our family. I had no idea that in the process... I would sign off your happiness as well. And now because of me, Eric is dead." She sniveled. "I never realized he truly loved you until it was the end. One thing I can promise you is that I'll try to bring back your happiness."

She held him tighter and he moved in his sleep.

"I swear!"

To be continued...

***

Thanks guys for reading this chapter to the very end and all the love you've shown for me. Please, don't forget to drop your comments and rates. Just a 1 more chapter and we'll wrap this up. Thanks once again.