All Comments on 'Gamers Pt. 05'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Better and Better

Thanks for dropping the clue re Jazz and her family. It's also obvious that Vee has feelings for Dean. Love these characters and the story. You are good!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I'm enjoying the details on the game development and the expression of some of Jazz's sapiosexual tendencies. One moment pulled me out of my immersion briefly, though:

"There were also long stretches of time where all I had to do was be physically present. It gave me lots of time to work on my new game idea. And plenty of free time to spend with Jazz."

Then, not too far later:

"I was gaming, and in my free time (which was less plentiful than ever), I was coming up with another game of my own."

Our narrator seems to have just contradicted himself.

I look forward to the next installments (whenever they're ready, don't rush). Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Really Fun!

Very well written- brings back the magic of being young and single and newly independent. Great balance of romance and excitement with realistic sexual interactions. Thank you AspernEssling!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
unbelievable

i cant say enough your series is amazing. constant story somehow interwoven with hot scenes fluidily thank you for creating such an amazing series

lurrealurreaalmost 8 years ago
great characters

I have to say that translate your history to my girlfriend will be a hard work. Your characters have lives of there own. Jazz character is great! I think I will borrow you some on her inside.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Really, really intersting

I am just coming across this for the first time. It is really making it hard for me do some necessary household things. I would die if I had to wait for all these chapters. My wife already thinks I'm a perv so that is working in my favor. I anticipate that soon Jazz will demonstrate why she isn't girlfriend material, not like Kasia but in some more real world decision that includes art but not Dean. I think he winds up with either Vee or Kasia makes a comeback. But since I think that there could be a character not yet in the mix as yet. Angie's weight loss might be a clue. But having already read the Bridge Club, it could be anything. And that is what makes them such good stories. Thanks for posting them here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
weird

Very weird moral world in which Kashia is subject to opprobrium and parental punishment at the age of 19, for goodness sake. Suspension of disbelief thoroughly has its strings cut through and crashes to earth. Still needs proof reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Re: Wierd

Not really. You live at home, you follow the rules. If you don't, the door is over there, try not to let it hit you on the way out.

Besides, with the probability that the 'Rents are charging negligible rent while the kids are attending Uni, dealing with such is easier than finding the money for rent and school.

alexamarkalexamarkover 3 years ago
Kingmaker

Remember sitting down for a night of Kingmaker in college, first game ended at 9 pm second round called a draw when someone glanced up and said "hey it's light out"

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

I have two copies of Kingmaker the 1976 original and the 1983 second edition. We play it still, along with Samurai, Machiavelli and Imperial Governor. Their are four of us have gamed for 40 odd years. We play every Saturday night with fail excepting Xmas.

If not boardgamiing then tabletop with miniatures.

Am loving this story.

5/5

SweboSwebo7 months ago

I seem to be in the middle of an AspernEssling reread festival (b/c these stories are awesome), and I keep finding stuff that's really brilliant and insightful that I noticed before but never commented on. If you ever want to see a person at their absolute best, figure out how to get them to relax and talk about something they're really passionate about. You'll know when you've done it right because you'll totally fall in love with them. AE captures that when Jazz prods Dean to describe games AND his friends. It's a brilliant and insightful scene.

bobareenobobareeno3 months ago

Sadly, the games lose the momentum of the story. The Game recitals add reality at the cost of interest.

FrenchTomcatFrenchTomcat2 months ago

When you reread the story... Argh the buildup is killing me!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
4300 Followers
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Gamers Pt. 04 Previous Part
Gamers Series Info