Gang Aft Agley Ch. 02

Story Info
Their plan was flawed to begin with.
4.2k words
3.94
39.5k
35
49

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/07/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
rlmdad
rlmdad
347 Followers

From the author

First I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to read my humble first attempt at a Literotica story, well really my first attempt at publishing any story. I had not intended for it to be so long (almost 10 pages on my WP) but once I started the thing had a mind of its own and I simply couldn't stop typing. Still I had to stop somewhere and decided to wait to see what comments I got from you, my readers. Due to the overwhelming requests for a continuation, I apologize for the hanging ending and submit the following.

To my commenters, I will read and consider all comments in an effort to improve my writing. I may not respond to every comment, especially anonymous ones, but I will try to read them all.

*****

(end of chapter 1)

Debbie and Ian

As Debbie watched Ian packing she got the distinct impression that this would be the last time she'd see Ian. She asked "Is this the end then?"

"Yes, I think it is. We went too far with everything. Pushed our luck and have lost it all." he replied. "We're almost broke, we've lost our business, couldn't take over Ron's business and are stuck with this huge house and the two B's to raise. What is there here for me to make me want to stick around?"

Debbie thought 'Well ME you asshole' but didn't say it. Instead she whined, "I just don't know where we screwed up. The plan was perfect and we were so close to completing it that I just don't know where it went wrong."

"I guess you never watched those DVD's Ron sent us then did you?" he asked.

"No I figured we were caught by then so what difference did a few fuck tapes make." she answered.

"Well, you should have. Remember that trip Ron took a few months before he served the divorce papers? Well, those DVD's began right after that trip. My guess is that Ron came home a day early and caught us passed out in his bed that weekend. I knew we were pressing our luck and then to get so drunk we passed out like that. Stupid! Just stupid." said Ian.

"No, If Ron had found us like that, he'd have done something that night. I'm sure he would." she said.

"But he did do something Debs. He hired a PI firm to gather evidence. He left us a message telling us he needed another two weeks out of town to complete his business to allow us to feel at ease screwing each other at will. This allowed his PI firm time to wire the house and tape every time we screwed. I think we literally screwed each other as we screwed up our plan. Think about it. He knew exactly what steps to take to easily stop my hostile take over plan. He knew the kids weren't his. He knew you loved Ross too much to want to hurt him in the divorce so you'd accept his settlement terms." Ian stated.

"Yes, I think you're right. It was such an excellent plan though. A shame it didn't work." she said.

"Seems I recall a Robert Burns poem about a mouse and man, something about 'The best laid schemes o' mice and men often go wrong' (gang aft agley)" remarked Ian.

(Chapter 2)

Ian

"Quoting Scottish poets now, are we?" Debbie idly commented. Her mind on other more serious matters, primarily 'How was she going to save her relationship with Ross?'

Ian didn't answer, he was deep in thought himself.

'Well the crap hit the fan for sure now. If Herb is getting seriously involved, and he sure sounded pissed off enough to, then it won't take him long to figure out the whole plan and how long it's been going on. Once he realizes that Debbie and I had been having an affair prior to Debbie even meeting Ron, he'll know it was all a setup. It's time to cut and run.'

"Debbie, I've got to leave now before your father arrives. He's as much as told me my life might depend on not being here when he gets here. I'll go to the Hilton and call you later with my room number and we'll get back together after you deal with your family." He said matter-of-factly.

Actually he had no intention of sticking around and was already thinking of how he was going to empty all their accounts, leave the country and abandon Debbie to face the music alone. He knew he'd need to get his laptop computer from the den and his passport from the safe without Debbie noticing. She may have been dumb enough to be easily led into marrying, cuckolding and robbing Ron, but she was not a complete idiot. If she saw him getting his passport, she'd know he was leaving the country.

When Ron had them arrested for adultery and, at the same time, ruined Ian's company and stopped his plans to takeover Ron's company, apparently with ease, Ian almost left then. Debbie talked him into staying as she knew Ron would not turn them over to law enforcement because of the harm it would do to the children and, even if he did, her dad would stop any investigation into his daughter as long as he was unaware of the depth of their betrayal.

Now that Cindy and Ross had discovered the truth, Ian knew he had to get out of Dodge before Herb arrested them both on fraud charges. He knew he might be able to get off on the fraudulent parts of the takeover plan. That was not the real problem as that fraud had never really been completed, nor had he intended to complete it. But the fraud they perpetrated against Ron personally was complete and that could net them decades in federal prison. Add to those charges the fact that Debbie's daddy was a police officer first and a father a very close second, let Ian know that Herb would stand by his daughter no matter what, but he would not allow them to get away without consequences for their actions.

Leaving Debbie sitting on the bed, Ian went downstairs into the den to get his laptop and passport. While in the safe Ian had the nagging feeling that he was forgetting something important, but couldn't think of what it could be. As he passed Cindy watching TV the feeling got stronger, but he still couldn't figure out what it was, so he left the house and headed for the Hilton.

Just then Debbie came downstairs and picked up her cell phone and called Ron's number. She didn't know why, but she had the feeling that the only person she could call for help in saving her relationship with her son Ross, was his father Ron. Cindy listened to her mothers side of the short conversation enough to realize her mother was talking to her Dad. When Debbie suddenly hung up and ran upstairs to her room crying, Cindy grabbed her cell and redialed the number. She had to apologize to her Dad.

Herb

As Herb was driving over to his daughters small mansion, his policeman's mind kept going over what Ross had said when he arrived and what Cindy had told him over the phone. He was slowly putting everything together and he didn't like the 2 plus 2 equals 4 conclusions he was forced to admit as the only viable explanation. He was going to have a serious heart to heart with his daughter as soon as he arrived, but he knew he had to calm down as an emotion filled confrontation would do no one any good.

Driving up to the front entrance, Herb sat in his car for five minutes forcing himself to control his anger and his disappointment before seeing his granddaughter and confronting his daughter. Finally he got out of his car and walked into the house as if he owned it. Finding Cindy softly crying in the den he walked up to her, wrapped his arms around her and held her close allowing her to lean on him for the support she obviously needed.

"Cindy, sweetheart, it'll be okay. We'll work through this as a family." He said.

"I called Daddy. I'm so ashamed, Grandpa. We treated him so badly since the divorce and he didn't deserve any of it." Cindy sobbed. "You know he's been seeing a therapist since he discovered their betrayal, even had thoughts of suicide." and she cried even harder.

Just then they heard a cry. "NO!" cried Debbie. "He wouldn't kill himself."

Herb looked at his daughter and calmly said, "I'm not surprised at all. If half of what I think you and Ian did to Ron is true, I'm sure he would think of suicide. Of course, he would consider it as a means of escaping the pain and heartbreak you two inflicted upon him."

"Daddy, we never wanted anyone to be physically hurt. It started out as just a college class assignment." Debbie whined.

By now Cindy had sat down on the couch and was looking at her mother with shocked, unbelieving eyes.

Debbie continued, "Then later we decided, as a joke, to try to figure out how to really implement the plan. Jesus, we got an A on the paper from Mr. Graham so it had to be a good plan."

"Deborah," Herb began, "Are you out of your ever loving mind?" She knew she was in deep shit as her Dad only called her Deborah when he was extremely mad or disappointed. "Mr Graham? Who's he?"

"He was our sophomore year economics teacher." she answered.

"You mean Hyram Graham, that ass who was convicted of fraud years ago for trying to complete a hostile takeover of Syntech International? That Mr. Graham, Deborah?" Herb asked.

"Oh, my God. I didn't know that. That was the company we used for our paper. You mean he actually tried our plan out and failed?" a shocked Debbie asked.

"Yes, so let me get this straight. You and Ian were a couple in college. Right?"

"Yes, Daddy."

"You two wrote a paper on how to hostilely takeover a multinational company and decided to try it out yourself? As a joke? Even though you knew much of it was against the law?"

"Yes, Daddy."

"How did you choose Ron and his company as your victim? Flip a coin? Or did he just walk in front of you sometime so you decided to pick him?"

"Oh no, Daddy. Ian knew Ron as a supplier for Ian's company. I researched it and found that Ron's company was set to go international in a few years, so we settled on him. Just didn't think it would take so long."

"Really. Hmmm, So WHOSE idea was it for you to marry him, cuckold him, have Ian's children and make Ron raise them, and then set him up for divorce to get as much of his money as you could?" by the time Herb got to the end his face was red with his anger, but he tried hard to keep his temper in check and his voice low and controlled. He didn't want the tape he was making to show him as anything but professional.

"You make it sound so calculated and underhanded, Daddy." Debbie whined.

"That's because it was, Deborah. Now whose idea was it? It'll make a difference."

"Ian's Daddy. It was Ian's idea to maximize the profit." Debbie was beginning to see where her father was leading her and she didn't like that it was showing how big a bitch and a slut she was toward Ron from the beginning.

Deborah sat down next to her daughter on the couch only to have Cindy get up, turn to her mother and slap her face as hard as she could. "YOU BITCH!" she screamed. Then Cindy picked up her bags and turned to her Grandfather.

"Grandpa, I'll be in the car waiting. I can't stand to be near her anymore today. I think I'm gonna be sick." Cindy finally said as she went out the front door.

Herb turned a sad face to his daughter, "Deborah, I should probably arrest you now and take you in, but I have a feeling there is more to the relationship between Ron and Ian than you are aware. Think for a minute, there was no need for you to marry Ron at all if the main goal was simply the hostile takeover. And there was certainly no reason once you had married Ron to have Ian's babies to rub in Ron's face. That was cruelty just for the sake of being cruel. This whole thing stinks to high heaven as being more about destroying Ron than about taking over his company."

Debbie sat there thinking of what her father said and coming to the same conclusions as her father. There had to be more, but what?

Herb continued, "Deborah, you better get a lawyer, you're gonna need one. You've already admitted to several fraudulent acts that can carry hefty prison terms. I'll do what I can for you, but I can only do so much. Ron has an extremely strong case against the two of you and with him having to see a therapist he has an additional case for mental cruelty."

Debbie was now crying for a completely different reason than earlier today. She was beginning to feel some of the pain she and Ian had caused Ron. She was also starting to question why Ian talked her into marrying Ron and the rest. If Ian truly loved her, that didn't make any sense at all.

Before he left Herb turned to his daughter, "Debbie, honey. If I am right you had better secure your finances as I'm fairly sure Ian's headed out of the country without you or the kids." Then he left to take Cindy home.

When they arrived at his home, Herb helped Cindy carry her bags inside. "Cindy, honey, let me have all the material you found in the safe." Cindy gave her grandfather everything from her mother's safe and headed on to bed, while her grandfather went to his study to review the evidence.

Meanwhile, Debbie went into the den and checked her safe to find that Ian's passport was gone along with all the DVD's and VHS tapes that Ian had stored there. She looked for Ian's laptop and when she couldn't find it, she knew he father was right. She got her cell phone, logged into their bank and changed all passwords to every account she and Ian had there including their debit cards. She also contacted her credit card companies and froze all accounts claiming the cards were stolen. This she learned from Ron's lawyers when they went through their divorce three years ago. She thought 'Try to leave me now you asshole. We're in this together.'

The next morning Ross looked in on his grandfather to see how he was doing. "Quite a mess isn't it, Grandpa?" he asked.

"Yes, son. It sure is. I can't believe your mother went along with all this shit. She's smarter than that." Herb said as he reached for the last VHS tape.

Ross noticed the tape he was picking up and said, "Grandpa, that one doesn't have anything to do with Mom and Ian. It's just a tape of some accident. I don't know why Ian kept it."

"Oh, really. Well it must mean something so let's see what it is then." and Herb put it in the player and hit play. "This is a security feed from the front of some business." Herb said as the tape began, Just then the tape showed a red corvette sideswipe an oncoming car and speed off leaving the scene. The other car veered off the road, hit a telephone pole and burst into flame. It was certain there would be no survivors. The original tape ended and was followed by several screen shots of the corvette, obviously enhanced from the original feed as technology improved. The final shot was a clear picture of the corvette's license plate.

"That's odd. Wonder why he kept it." Herb thought he'd lookup the license plate, identify the owner of the corvette and see what the accident report revealed.

After reviewing the evidence, Herb sent his deputies to arrest Deborah and Ian on numerous charges of fraud. Deborah came along quietly, but Ian was still trying to run when they traced him to the airport and captured him there.

As two of the charges involved Cindy's and Ross' parentage, Herb had DNA tests done to identify their biological father. When he had all the evidence collected, he needed to get the family together in his interview room including Ron.

Ron answered his phone, "Hello Herb. Been expecting your call since I talked to Cindy the other day. What can I do for you?"

"First, I want to apologize for how I treated you during and after the divorce. I should have known better." Herb said.

"No problem, Herb. She's your daughter and it's your job as a father to protect her from harm." Ron answered.

"So why did you abandon Cindy, then. She's your daughter. Isn't it your duty to protect her from harm?" Herb pointedly asked.

"Herb, by now you and I both know that Cindy and Ross are not my biological children." Ron sadly replied. "It was all a setup which, even after therapy, I still don't understand the reasoning behind."

"Anyway, my apologies." Herb reinterated. "On another matter, Ron, I need you to come down to the department this afternoon for a meeting with all parties to finalize charges and discuss the cases."

"Herb, we're divorced now. Do you really need me there?" Ron asked. "Besides, I stopped Ian's plan to takeover my company." Ron wasn't exactly sure what other charges Herb could be referring to.

Herb realized from Ron's reply that he didn't know the fraud started long before Ron ever met Debbie. "Don't make me send someone after you. 'Cause I will. Be here at 3 pm." Herb all but commanded.

"Okay, Herb, okay. I'll be there." Ron really did not want to see Debbie or Ian again, but he knew Herb. He would send someone to get him if necessary.

As Ron entered the station he was met by a deputy that took him to an interview room and asked him to wait there for a few minutes. Ron sat down at the table and turned to the door as he heard it open to see Cindy walking in with Ross just behind her.

"Daddy!" a surprised Cindy cried, as she rushed to hug Ron. Ross tentatively stood back waiting to see Ron's reaction.

"It's so good to see you two." Ron said with a huge smile as he hugged Cindy and reached out to his son to embrace him.

"I'm so sorry, Dad." Ross said with tears in his eyes as he returned the hug his Dad offered.

"It's okay Ross. We were all fooled by Debbie and Ian's lies." Ron hugged his kids again. He hadn't been this happy in months, no in years. He was surprised he didn't feel any of the shame and humiliation he originally felt three years ago when he couldn't bear to face his children.

Just then a deputy stuck his head in and said they were ready and he led them to another interview room for the scheduled meeting.

Herb

Ron, Cindy and Ross entered the large room and were directed to seats on one side of a long table. On the other side sat Debbie and her Lawyer, and Ian and his lawyer. It seemed Ian And Debbie wanted as much between them as they could get so their lawyers sat together separating the two. Herb was at the head if the table and was obviously in charge.

Herb began, "I called you all hear to clear up some facts that caused this terrible situation our family finds ourselves in today. To start it has nothing to so with fraud and nothing to do with hostile takeovers."

Ron and Debbie showed surprise, while Ian hung his head with an angry scowl on his face.

Herb continued, "I need you all to watch a short video, please." and Herb hit play on the tape machine beside him. The video was the one of the accident with the red corvette Ross and Herb had watched the day before.

"Ian!" Herb shouted. "Care to enlighten us all as to what we just witnessed?"

Ian stood up and pointed an accusing finger at Ron and said, "You just watched that son of a bitch kill my sister and her family. That's what you witnessed." Ron was shocked. Ian continued, " Took me two years before the technology improved where I could identify the license plate number of that corvette, but I got it. Then all I had to do was lookup the registered owner and found Ron!"

Herb asked, "So that's why you selected Ron and his company as the supposed target of your takeover scheme?"

"Yes, but there was no real takeover plan. If there had been I would have chosen a company that was an already established multinational, not one just beginning international trade. That was just what I told Debbie to get her to help in destroying Ron." gloated Ian.

Debbie was incensed and tried to slap Ian in her anger at having been duped into Ian's plan for revenge. Herb shouted, "DEBORAH, sit down!" After she did Herb asked her, "So how do you feel now Debbie?"

"Used, but if Ian had trusted me and told me the truth, I probably would have helped him anyway. I loved him and have for years," she replied.

"Yes and that's the fly in your ointment. Love?" Herb said disgustedly, "If Ian actually loved you he would not have had you marry another man you didn't love simply to get a little revenge. But there's more to this neither one of you two know. Ron, where and when did you get that corvette. I checked and that plate number was last registered to you."

rlmdad
rlmdad
347 Followers
12