All Comments on 'Gathering'

by Alex De Kok

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Great read

i enjoyed the story very much and am looking forward to more, keep it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
More, please!

I, too, enjoyed this and I can't wait for the next instalment.

Make it soon, please - but don't rush it; I want it to be as excellent as this first part!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Five Star Story...

More please - waiting eagerly for the next installment!! 5*!

catman71catman71almost 14 years ago
INTERESTING

SOME BACK STORY AS TO WHY THE TRADITIONS ARE AS THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY ARE WOULD BE GOOD, OTHERWISE SUPERIOR AND ENGAGING STORY

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Traditions

A very elegant, well written story line. More in line with what most people would think, but not say.

oggbashanoggbashanalmost 14 years ago
When will the rest come?

After five Lit pages, I had already thought that the story couldn't be finished in the sixth. Now I'm impatient for the rest. Thank you.

DormDadDormDadalmost 14 years ago
Great story

I agree with an earlier comment that a back story is needed. We have brief glimpses, but a little too much is left to the imagination. On my scale 95 of a 100.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
WONDERFUL

I loved your story and look forward to more, the philosophy is right on. I do not need any back story this is the way the world should, love and sex should be the more important then money and war!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Same old... awful... story (sigh)

Once again a potentially wonderful story by a gifted imaginative writer...

.. and then the same old shit happens, the writer includes incest in the story and at least I am seriously turned off (and those of you who are not should probably ask yourselves why).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
An excellent beginning

This story has a lot of potential for further expansion - I look forward to exploring the background of the clan settlements, the reason for wanting to be a simple society and what a future for the polyandrous group could bring. How do you build a horse farm in a wilderness? What are the dangers of this planets frontiers? How is medical care delivered to a outlying farm? So many questions..

Handley_PageHandley_Pagealmost 14 years ago
magic

Well up to your usual standard.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
tushar

i am looking forward to this story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
awesome

This is just so well written look forward to more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Wonderful Gathering

Very well written, reminds me of another series of books that I enjoy, "The Earth Children Series". Ignore the naysayers, probably Jealous. Looking forward to more.

aWenchaWenchalmost 14 years ago
My absolute favorite contest entry!

Extremely well written, compelling story line. I was planning to get a couple things done this afternoon, but got engrossed in this story and totally forgot about my "to-do" list. As I read your description of the planet, I saw something like Endor, the Ewoks' home in the last of the original Star Wars trilogy. As another commenter has said, I would love to know more of the back story of how the people came to be here, how the civilization works, and of course, what happens to the three core couples. Please write more to fill in the gaps!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
The Gathering should gather nothing but praise.

This is a delightful story, well written and with good characterisation. I look forward to the longer work from which it drawn and hope that this extract is a contest winner.

2ezgoin2ezgoinalmost 14 years ago
excellent writing!

I'm looking forward to the rest of 'the work in progress'! The storyline is compelling, and I'm sure you'll put all the possibilities to good use, as you did in this chapter. Again, I look forward to it. Thanks for sharing this 'teaser'.

martiliasmartiliasalmost 14 years ago
Thanks for look at different times and customs

I look forward to reading the fuller work in progress, from which this was drawn. The story line remindes me of eras and customs alluded to in some archiological studies. Maybe someday those times will emerge again.

Thanks for writing and dreaming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great story!

I'd love to see more, including more back-story, as others have said.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Awesomesauce

This has to be one of the most enjoyable stories ive ever read on this site! I would love to see more set in this world. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
great story

great engaging story. can't wait for the rest that is sure to follow - don't make us wait too long now.

ChucksSiteChucksSiteabout 12 years ago
"and all of him that could fit was buried inside her" Isn't this just the most descriptive...

image one can imagine? Alex has a way with words that make you feel as if you are a part of the story, a participant in its development, and a sharer in the climax. And, he always seems to come up with interesting and varied themes. And, contrary to one earlier comment that disparaged incest, I find it stimulating. I think the most wonderful expression of love would be to share it with one's mother, the first woman that we love. She should be the one who initiates us to the wonders of sex, to share her love fully with us, and to show us how to love those women whom we will engage in later years. But no, we have to explore ourselves and our partners, learning as we go the mysterious pleasure of the other's body, sometimes making huge mistakes that we might have avoided had we been given the education of a mother's love. (not to say that our own searching and baby steps to a broader sexual existence is -was - not wonderful, but it might have been so much more so given a quality education through mother's loving instruction) Yes, as in most stories, having them extended, or as suggested here, the earlier background, would make for great reading, I think the beauty of most such stories is that they leave us with just enough to stimulate our imagination, enough for us to let the story end (or begin) our way, and maybe many ways. So, though I would be thankful for more, I appreciate what Alex has given us, to excite us, and to stimulate us. Thanks.

OU812bf342OU812bf342over 10 years ago
Remarkable!!!

I like this story and there is room here for a continuing tale of the characters. The deep back story and the place so widely unexplored could lead to to some wonderful experiences for all. The heat this group of friends generate could set the ground on fire if they are not careful. thank you for an enjoyable and stimulating read.

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
Ok

Easy to see how this culture could develop in order to prevent inbreeding due to a small gene pool. Sad though, as I believe the full depth of love can only be found in an exclusive relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
well...

worth the time to read. Delightful intricate weavings...thanks!

acupacup11 months ago

Next chapter please...

Campus77Campus7710 months ago

I've always enjoyed sci-fi/fantasy. This one was excellent. Looking forward to the continuation of this story. I'd like to know more about the background of the civilization and how they got to where they are. The system of the Gathering seems like a well thought out plan to safely expand the population. Some of the casual mentions of science and tech need to be expanded if the Sci-Fi aspect is to be promoted. The Fantasy was accomplished dramatically. Thank for the beginnings of an adventure.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlex De Kok@Alex De Kok
1361 Followers
July 13, 2023 - As some of you have no doubt realised, I'm writing again, albeit very slowly. My late wife was a writer as well, although not on Literotica, and I think she would have wanted me to continue. May 24, 2021 - I haven't posted anything for some time now, and it ma...

SIMILAR Stories