All Comments on 'Gender Neutral'

by HectorBidon

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not

Very romantic.

Sidney43Sidney43over 6 years ago

I really liked your story even though it is not terribly romantic. It is however about real people who probably had a serious failure to communicate what they wanted from each other and from life. Since the protagonist is written as an engineering student, the lack of ability to ascertain what her moods meant, or what she wanted is not surprising. I guess in the end the story is about two ships passing in the night; just another one of life's experiences which may or may not enrich either of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Unique

Interesting story. Readable. Overall good flow. B+

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Interesting

Very enjoyable read. I love solid character development and not just porn style Fucking. I had roommates in college and the military so I get the headaches of 2 people sharing a room. Ships passing in the night is so appropo here. Be interesting to read about them meeting at a 25th college reunion maybe? HINT HINT 5 stars

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 6 years ago
Good story

But with an unexpected sad ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story.

Not one of your very best or your--I don't think I want to say "very worst", but your less good ones. I guess I also say B+, translating to 4*.

Maybe too similar to, say, "Compatible Bedfellows" or "Demographic Heterogeneity", to name two which come to mind (and happen to be together at the top of your Submissions list). Feeling of ending is even a lot like "Demographic Heterogeneity", I have to say. And like "The Woman She'd Already Become", which I find awesomely beautiful.

Please keep writing, though. I wish you wrote more. If I complain that in some ways you're thematically too limited, well, my stories are much worse. And no, I'm not signing this comment, so you don't know who I am. I try to keep a low profile, and I gather you looked at my stuff and didn't much like it. At least with you, I know it won't be an endless repetition of "FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUCCCK! I yelled, as I filled her cunt with rope after rope of white hot cum."

(And for what it's worth, I rarely give more than 2* to stories on this site. Yours, I've mostly rated at 4 or 5, with a few 3. Maybe I'm too picky. I prefer to think of the overall quality on the site as terribly low, but I'm biased. Yours are mostly all really good.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank you. What a pleasant read... for a change here on Literotica

I loved they rhythm and the pace. We've all known people like Paula, uncertain of their place in life as yet. To me it wasn't a sad ending... just a melancholy one. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

As was said before , I'd like to see them at a collage reunion also . Maybe she had regrets about her choices in life and wants him ? I rated 5 stars !

GentleVikingGentleVikingover 6 years ago
Enjoyable

Very nice story. One little gripe if I may. It is 'sight' and not 'site' when it comes to any eye related viewing. 'Site' is a building site etc. So in theory you could have sight of the site.

For some reason writers from the US really seem to struggle with that one.

Thanks for sharing...

HectorBidonHectorBidonover 6 years agoAuthor
'Preciate it.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment. It means a lot to me to hear back from you.

To Anonymous (Low Profile): Thanks for your kind remarks. It's flattering to know that someone has read and remembered some of my other stories. You're undoubtedly right about my limited thematic range. I suppose that says something about how impoverished my fantasy life must be. Still though, it's good enough for me. And each of my imagined heroines has a distinct spot in my heart.

As far as writing more, let's just say I write as fast as I write. I know that some authors wield a sharp chisel and a decisive mallet. I kind of putter along with a piece of sandpaper and a tin of spackling compound. (Plus, I get paid by the hour.)

As far as whether or not I like your stuff, I'm afraid I can't really say for sure as long as you keep such a low profile.

To GentleViking: Thanks for the correction. A fraudian slip-up I'm afraid. I except full responsibility.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good Story until the ending

Did you just give up at the end or just run out of ideas. It was like a soft turn hitting the floor. Ploop! I didn't see any romance in this story; just a couple of occasional fuck buddies when she wasn't being an insane bitch. The way she just walked away from him showed how little 'love' she had for him. Well written, but an emotional dud.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
expanding on other comments

This was a well-written story except for the abrupt change near the end. Up until that point, it could still have been "Romance". By the end it clearly wasn't. A happy ending isn't required for romance, but I think at least one character doing something romantic is. By the end neither character was even sympathetic.

Regarding the previous comment, it's "Freudian", not "fraudian". Maybe that slip itself was Freudian?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I found it incredibly hard to believe you could write characters, that are in college and don't know what gender neutral is. Then I get to the following and gave up it's just too unbelievable in this day and age that someone would write it, let a lone BELIEVE it.

"I thought gender neutral rooms were just like when a gay guy and a lesbian want to share a room so they don't have to live with someone of their own gender," I said.

1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

The end ruined the story, I thought it was supposed to be a romance?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Harsh words unwarranted

People have been very harsh about this story, but I really liked it. Sure, it's a stretch possibly that they wouldn't have known what Gender Neutral meant, but sometimes you have to give a pass on these things.

I thought the characters were quite believable and whoever said all characters must be sympathetic? Having said that, I thought the guy was sympathetic. He cleat wished her well, and left the door open for more, but she walked away.

Also, you got a knock because the ending wasn't 'happy' , so it didn't qualify as romance. No expert on the genre, but anyone who thinks all romances should end happily, might want to consider romances in real life. Sometimes the ones which live longest in the memory are those which left you wanting more.

Honestly, there are plenty of 'Happy Endings' on Literotica, so yours made for a nice change of pace.

HectorBidonHectorBidonover 6 years agoAuthor
'Preciate it, part 2

Thanks for your comments.

Not very romantic: Yeah. I admit I chose the category to attract readers who might be a little more tolerant of the lack of overblown sex. But I can see that I deprived you of the "romance" you might rightfully have expected. Sorry.

Neither character was sympathetic: I guess they were to me. Two people, flawed but basically decent, thrown in together, having to deal with each other, coming to develop an acceptance and an affection for each other even though they both know they weren't really meant for each other. I'm not sure that I conveyed all that in the story, or that you would have found them sympathetic even if I had, but that's what I intended.

Insane bitch: That's not the way I envisioned her, and I'm sorry she came across that way. She had her issues, but she also had her dreams and was working toward them. Her inability to really communicate with the narrator was as much his fault as hers.

Walking away: It was more that life intervened and neither of them took the effort to keep in touch.

Giving up at the end: Kinda. I get paid by the story.

Fraudian: It was meant to be tung in chic.

Gender Neutral: Shows my age, I guess. I thought that's what it meant with respect to University housing.

Harsh words unwarranted: Thanks for your kind remarks, especially since they went a little against the grain of some of the other commenters. I'm glad you liked the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hmmm

Excellently written sad, very very sad tale.

I had hoped while reading for a happy ending.

It left me feeling down. So not a romance story at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
memorable story

Well written story with a plot; far-fetched but not absurd.. memorable enough that I looked for it and read it again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Loved it

Oh my god I missed the warning, that ending is depressing. I came here to have a good time and ended up trying not to cry (and failing). Still, great writing and story. Love the bonehead math tag.

risgrynsfiskrisgrynsfiskalmost 6 years ago
I rather liked this one

I can't say I liked her all that much, but who said you have to like everyone? Nice oddbally story, good dialogue. I wish I had written this. But since I haven't, I'm glad that you did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well written story !

First off thank you for this story and the time & effort you put in to it.

It might not for everyone, but I truly liked it and this is my second time reading.

Well, to me it felt that "secretly loving someone who doesn't need it" kind of vibe, I like it, brings some memories.

What I got to say is, thank you for this heart felt story !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Amazing

Favourite writer for sure on this site. The stories invoke emotions and I end up forgetting my lust while reading. Really great! The ending was bitter like your best work.

WiserbyageWiserbyageover 4 years ago
I LOVED IT!!!

Pushed all the right emotional buttons. Very real situations. Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
My heart...

They didn’t end up together?! ): hector you need to find her 🥺

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
wow

This is beautiful masterful writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wistful

Sometimes a special person can only share your life for a short while, and that's okay.

ScoratScoratover 3 years ago
LOL

The salsa scene was hilarious! I also loved her grabbing his hand to take a shower together as if she was saying ‘we’re adults, get over it.’ I liked both characters, flawed but likable. The sex didn’t seem to fit in, too languid as tho they were in a relationship. Even as simple fuck buddies it seemed like they would just want to fuck, get off and get it out of their systems. I agree with another poster, kind of melancholy but I loved it. Five stars!

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 3 years ago

5 stars.

No better sex than crazy. Interesting way to end it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hi Hector

Thank you.

Thank you for gradually allowing Paula to be understandable.

Your story, it seems, ends as an autobiographical lament, preceded by a diary entries of life with Paula and understanding her.

I am grateful for what you write and share.

Mojo648Mojo648about 2 years ago

What happ4ens next to them, or at least to him?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHectorBidon@HectorBidon
228 Followers
The pear is sweet, but the one who offers the pear is sacred.

SIMILAR Stories