All Comments on 'Genie Chronicles - Gemini Ch. 00'

by BarbarianLover

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
sequence

Suggest you delete chapter 7 now, then the whole thing will follow, 00 - 06.

mBrowmBrowover 10 years ago
Delete

Yeah, since the preferred Prologue has been posted since 09/18/13, we readers can somehow make do without this redundant "Ch. 07 Prologue." The series has been fun!

InfiniteFoldingSpaceInfiniteFoldingSpacealmost 10 years ago
The first sentence...

is long, complicated, and only vaguely comprehensible.

Is that a foreshadowing of the whole story?

bumd11bumd11almost 9 years ago

Re: the previous comment: I hope not but am not optimistic. I've read only this short opening chapter, but am about ready to bail because of the constant run-on sentences and other grammatical failings. There is only so much ugly clutter that a story can sustain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Write much?

Never the less-> Nevertheless

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Do you think you could have made this sentence an even longer run-on?

"With all his stuff moved in he'd spent the past week organising and unpacking, although the perks of being a writer seemed to be the capacity to be at home all day his publishers were starting to ask him when he was going to finish his next book, so despite being at home he didn't feel as much let-up in the pressure, but having done plenty of work this morning he was taking the afternoon off to sort out the boxes and bags of stuff that still weren't organized from the move the previous week."

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Intriguing start

By now, the object of little value, that was a puzzle to be solved, purple smoke, losing consciousness, all are fairly standard intros to a genie tale: looking ahead, I see that this series has a concluding chapter which is a very nice surprise. There have been so many wonderful stories were just dropped by their authors, no time in their lives for this anymore I suppose,.. but sad that was only a partial very well told story,.. almost wish they hadn't tantalized us with their writings with such an abrupt end! This story looks to both safely complete and seems well written! Let's get it on,..

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyalmost 4 years ago
Run on sentences are a problem.

There are so many opportunities for a full stop where you just plonk down a comma and keep ploughing on regardless. It makes it hard to read sometimes, even the entire last paragraph is one whole sentence and it's 9 lines long. My advice would be to read through your work aloud and think about where you need to stop naturally when speaking.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

I wondered how a Brit would handle a genie!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBarbarianLover@BarbarianLover
After six years of not doing much having had various issues personal, professional, financial and so forth I am now writing again, have been for two weeks, nearly three. Genie Chronicles Gemini II is still in very early stages although I've written paragraph for that today wh...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES