Geoff and Chet Ch. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'd love to. I'll make the time. This is more than a thesis topic for me. I feel really strongly about this. Maybe my religious formation is still working within me. Being poor gives you a unique perspective on justice issues, not just charity. I am excited that some of my academic ideas might be actually useful. Thank you for listening."

Val seemed pleased that the one Geoff had chosen, apparently, to spend his life with, had deep moral convictions. She really made me feel part of the family, although I still had to deal with personal feelings of inadequacy—that I wasn't worth the affection and love that Geoff and his family were showering on me.

*********

Two days later, we were excitedly boarding our bus for the New Orleans meet. The two Amazon vans were going to caravan with us and several groups had gotten together to carpool. So we had a half-dozen vehicles, all flying Rice colors as we left campus. A lot was at stake. Both the Miami (UMiami) and New Orleans (Loyola) teams were in the top five in the SCC. A win for RCC would cement a winning season and a good shot at the overall championship—decided by record and best team time. There was room on the bus, so about ten "dates" and "significant others" were added to the passenger list—although before we left Houston, I made it clear that today would have a 10 pm curfew and all team members were expected to eat dinner and bunk together at the team hotel in assigned team rooms. No drinking until tomorrow. I did see some furtive glances as I spoke these words. We were not responsible for extra-curricular activities. (I had little expectation that my admonition was even heard, let alone adopted. We were after all headed for a great party town.) After the meet, they were free to do as they pleased until we left for Houston Sunday afternoon.

I noted that Reg was on the bus. He hadn't brought a date. He did not sit with Pete, but with his new gym buddy, Lloyd. Geoff was going to fly in later since he had classes. New Orleans, here we come. I hope you're ready for us.

12