All Comments on 'Get Lost'

by JoshFrom53

Sort by:
  • 139 Comments (Page 2)
Hornydevil47Hornydevil4710 months ago

Enjoyed this story, unlike some of your readers, I read fairly slowly to try and make sure I have read everything correctly. Looking through the comments I believe that some of your readers don't concentrate. Frequently they question parts of the story when the answer is there. Mel B known as Hornydevil47

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Inge was a mentally damaged, delusional bitch. But don't see how he got back with Eveline when she got spooked by the ex and believed her lies. Not sure why he met with her at the end besides showing her the recording. The kids were awful. Lot of characters were hot messes.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Long winded tale but still a decent read. 4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

How big is the city/ town they live in? I assume a very small one since there's only one decent restaurant that people dine in.

mariverzmariverz8 months ago

En tu universo ficticio, dónde se desarrollan tus historias...los humanos tienen retraso mental o cuando bebés los alimentan con bencina?

Dios santo....

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Many times I comment that I wish I could rate a story 4.5

Schlouis57Schlouis578 months ago

Heu, un peu merdique comme histoire.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades8 months ago

Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This was a five until the ending dropped it to a four. It would work far better—and make Harry a better man—if his concluding focus was on his new woman and love and not on his ex and hate. Ending the story on a sour note is not a good idea. The throwaway final sentence about returning to his love doesn’t redeem the bad feeling. The ending also changes the character of the ex, from mere deluded bitch to willful monster.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I for one liked the ending. He crushed the bug - and that was well deserved.

I also totally understand Eve's panic (she was damaged badly too, remember) - them getting back together was nice and right.

joyvanejoyvane7 months ago

was für eine haarsträubend realitätsfremde geschichte - reine science fiction - planet der affen pur !!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A much under-rated tale. Five bright stars.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Convoluted, labyrinthine, ad nauseam.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster16 months ago

Interesting take on a BTB...

Karn9Karn96 months ago

Interesting read, however a tad bit long winded! 3*

WisquejacWisquejac6 months ago

Liked it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You pulled a fast one on the readers, so we thought Inge was only treating him disrespectfully and humiliating him, not spreading herself around before they took the caravan trip where she behaved like a slut in front of him. While it gave us a satisfying ending, it seemed to weaken the story, to only partially share what was going on with her. If the story had been more strictly told from only his point of view, it wouldn’t have made a difference; we would have been in the dark with him. But we thought we weren’t. Some readers don’t like the rug pulled out from under them like that.

EROSSIREROSSIR4 months ago

Excellent read!

WargamerWargamer3 months ago

Second time

Inge sure got hers, the self entitled bitch, now she has truly lost everything, including her kids. Great BTB

Rescored to 5/5 from 4/5

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfox3 months ago

Ditto Wargamer! Second read and 4/5 now 5/5.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

One must never judge an author from one story, especially if it is an early one.

This was an enjoyable read. A good editor, clever lot, well fleshed out characters.

Great potential. With a better ending it is a 5.

The ending came quickly and left the story truncated.

If the author wanted the reader to fill in the ending, he succeeded! A few hundred more words and it was a 5.

If the author improves a bit, the stories will be great.

THC

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19692 months ago

I enjoyed that. sure the ending could have had a little more information/reaction but it was enough. could probably solve that with a 750 to 3,000 word epilogue.

Harryin VAHarryin VA2 months ago

Ridiculous contrived idiotic irrational and badly done

LanmandragonLanmandragonabout 2 months ago

I agree that the story has a poor ending, but that doesn’t alter the fact that, for me, the rest is excellent. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I liked it. Getting over the language barrier was the tough part. I've read other non-English writers work, that was converted to English, and some of the story gets lost in translation. I'm glad he divorced his cheating wife, and hooked up with Eveline. She might be a year older than him, but she seemed to have her stuff together. That's important to some men.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

good story, good drama complications however the language barrier resulted in a somehow cold description void of picturesque wording, could have been a movie too. 5/5

LechemanLecheman26 days ago

Contrary to your critics, I was happy with the ending.

Clean, succinct and cognisant reminder as to Inge's original comment at the beginning of the story.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Just a thought. If the story is set in a Scandinavian country, then language is appropriate, although stilted. Also, unfamiliar words, like caravan. In America we might call it a camper. The only caravan I can think of is the Dodge Caravan, a minivan. Still, pretty stilted. The conversion to English lacks a bit. Back to page one.

/

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

End of page three. I only have one word. Vanilla. But I will soldier through the rest.

/

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Meh. Contrived plot with very little spice. The language was still problematic. The English language editor did not go far enough on smoothing the language barrier. Between three stars and four. I am giving a mercy four stars. Really could have been three.

/

JPB NOT BOB

FaShUnPhOtOgFaShUnPhOtOg23 days ago

JPB NOT BOB was too kind by soldering on. This story was too plain - vanilla he called it - to read. I skipped from the middle of page 1 directly to page 6 just to say how boring and pointless this story was.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Well, lots of whining bitches in the comment section as usual.

Considering that English is not the author's first language, I thought the story was fine.

As to one comment below, regarding the use of caravan/camper: get over it. The world is a much bigger place than the good ol' US of A. Many countries... even primarily English speaking countries, use the term caravan as such. It seems to me that Americans think the world needs to conform to their way of thinking, and that anyone else should never dare to have a different opinion. In that respect, your like flat-Earthers. Well, guess what? You think you speak English in the US, but you don't. English is the language of England. You've taken it and bastardised it, and then expect everyone to adapt to you. You don't speak English, you speak American. But you are just one country in the world, you are not the originator of the language, and you are a country that's going down the gurgler anyway, while we're on the subject. Such arrogance.

As to the story? Well, 141,000 readers thought well enough of it that it's rated 4.38. While a "score" really means little, what it does say, is that most people enjoyed it. To get an average well above 4, the majority had to have rated it 5. That means most liked it just fine.

For those of you bitching about the story, take comfort in the fact that your little coven will always jump on a decent story and support your bitter, lop-sided attitudes.

Try writing a story yourselves... and then, try posting it to 'loving wives'. What a wake-up call that would be. You'll soon find out what it's like to have all the jackals tearing you down.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

@Harryin VA... I don't care what your wife said about your attempt to get her off in bed last night. Leave the comments to the story.

CappyhuggsCappyhuggs15 days ago

Excellent story with strong writing skills. You get 10 stars for translating into English so very well.

I normally do not care for stories with strong ill feelings, but this was so well done, I had to keep reading it.

ImshakenImshaken10 days ago

The Dutch being Scandinavian are known to be rather stoic and I think this story was written in that vein with that mindset. I enjoyed the story, and the MC overcoming many difficulties in his life. Thanks for sharing! A very nice 5 star effort sir.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos8 days ago

I think the story was largely okay, if a bit rambling. I felt like it didn't know if it was a moving on type story or a btb type story and it could have used a bit more clarity. Also, I felt like you didn't need to make Inge a serial cheater with syphilis (and how did Harry avoid catching this? It's never explained really) in order to like, I don't know, EXTRA justify him dumping her. I mean, really, he had more than enough justification. Also, when you were previously writing from Inge's perspective, you made it sound like she caught the STD from the men, not the other way around, which I don't know why she would think that to herself. I dunno, it was unnecessary and actually made your story weaker. Frankly, this probably could have been three pages, instead of 6 - just have Harry and Evaline get back together after Inge breaks them up by having the kids track her down or something and then let the ride off into the sunset without all the extra plot elements that didn't add anything to the story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJoshFrom53@JoshFrom53
Hello everyone I'm retired so I have enough time on my hands. I write to entertain. To entertain my readers and myself and do so with the help of two patient editors. I walk, I write and not necessarily in that order. My stories are written as they come to me. Therefore m...

SIMILAR Stories