All Comments on 'Getting Even Pt. 02'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love the attention to detail you give your female characters: they are all unique, and different, and beautiful in their own ways, but most of all you bring out their personality and character so well -- they're never just a hanger to project my fantasy woman onto, they're each their own person, and I think I'm half in love with about six of them. Excellent, excellent work! Thank you for writing!

mordbrandmordbrandover 2 years ago

I get that he didn't move with Rachel because she was selfish, but Kira is portrayed as that one in a million partner that you slay dragons over. You take a chance on a partner like that, even if it means moving to the other side of the country.

For the love of whatever deity you believe in, please don't let him move on to Anita. I don't care if they are clones in their likes and dislikes, she is a bang em and leave em person.

cliqueggecliqueggeover 2 years ago

Thanks mate - I really like your writing style and of course your stories.

I look forward to the next instalment - please keep going - as always 5 stars

BruceWoBruceWoover 2 years ago

Your work keeps surprising.

Your Just a Little Magic series was wonderful. Looking forward to where this one goes.

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

Damm Kira has left the building, and Anita has now scored with 2 out of 3 of the 3 amigos. Will her pimp game land the trifecta?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was pleasantly surprised that you didn’t have Ben do something stupid. I appreciate that it was serendipity that caused the separation.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 2 years ago

What can I say! Thank you. A simple, well written, realistic portrayal of the types of relationship that we all often have as we "grow up". No one hung like a horse, acting like a porn star etc. Just a few average type weaknesses.

Great story. Now it can go in a number of different directions so it will be interesting to see which way you go. Thanks again. Cheers.

devildog0302devildog0302over 2 years ago
Sorry it’s ending...

I enjoyed both chapters and would read more,

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderover 2 years ago

Very nice solid piece of fiction and an interesting/heartbreaking twist at the end of this chapter. Truly looking forward to the next installment. And "maybe" some clarification on the freakin title? 5 Stars.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 2 years ago

5 stars

I didn't like your GAMING: D&D PT. 01. It just didn't hold my interest. I like this one much better.

joshmosejoshmoseover 2 years ago

Wonderful. Realistic, engaging characters, and a good story.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 2 years ago

Stay away from anita... std waiting to happen. She might already have gift that keeps giving.

69GodIsDead42069GodIsDead420over 2 years ago

I really like your style of stories. Long ones where relationships come and go for one reason or another without anything like objectively bad people acting in bad ways for bad reasons. Ones where the reasons for everything are somewhat realistic, and stuff like comical misunderstandings of stupid situations isn’t what causes every single problem.

dnajesterdnajesterover 2 years ago

I'm loving this story. I've read all of your other ones too and can tell this one will be awesome

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

**** Good read stuff happens. Thanks for sharing.

CPauloCPauloover 2 years ago

Damn you sir. Once again, as with every series of yours, you have me hooked and eagerly waiting for the next chapter. Can't wait to see what plays out next.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 2 years ago

He fell hard for Kira and while you throw curve balls, this one with having her exit stage left and showing Anita dumping Marco? That "next door" stay was for effect and it now seems she's trying to mess with Ben's mind or at least trying to show him what he's missing. There's no missing Kira is truly the gem and the one that's worth it all: she does tons with the "little" she has. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The worst/best parts of this story is how real it is. I think many of us have either been through or known someone who has gone through this type of situation. It seems that Ben has been in the middle of a very strange maelstrom of thought and emotion. He doesn’t understand some of the women in his life and even those on the periphery. He also is trying to understand others relationships while now struggling with his own if is still considered a relationship at this point. I haven’t a clue where this wonderfully authored piece of work is headed or who is chasing who and for what reason but I am so incredibly impressed with all the work that must have gone into setting up the characters and their likes/dislikes while attempting to figure out who would date and/or have a relationship with who and for how long. This is like a soap opera except this is very well written and keeps you interested while continuing to be a fun read. I find myself emotionally invested in Ben because he seems to be a really good guy which is a somewhat rare commodity these days. I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out and if things work out for Ben and Kira. I find I am also interested in what is going on with Millie and Anita as well as Marco and Luke since they all seem confused about what and who they want. Thank you so much for coming up with and putting so much into a story that I find myself deeply caring about. You really have some serious skills as an author and it has been a constant pleasure to indulge in your works.

J.D.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

sort of odd relationship, Kira is very shy or has no interests of her own. I think I might move to Winnipeg .

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519about 1 year ago

I love the story. It is very hard when you are an athlete and your girlfriend is not. I always felt that in the end the relationship with Kira was doomed. I think if he gets together with Anita it is also doomed.

oldtwitoldtwit13 days ago

Nice follow on, nice story all told.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories