All Comments on 'Ghost in the Machine Ch. 05'

by Blind_Justice

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
u5969u5969over 11 years ago
best one yet!

This has been a very unique and fascinating

series. This one is IMHO the best yet,

and one of the best written of this genre I've

ever read (the genre being the "awakening"

of a machine intelligence). Awesome!

Blind_JusticeBlind_Justiceover 11 years agoAuthor

@u5969: Thank you very much. I'm mainly trying to have fun with the whole idea and I'm glad other people seem to like what I'm doing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

if cat is supposedly able to get any info she wants how does she not know the fear she gives to vi by killing the other guy? is she like 3 yrs old or something? does she not have access to info on how human sexuality works? as in if you interupt domeone jerking off the arousal isnt becaue of you and if you take advantage it is rape like vi said? then couple that with the word fantasy verses reality, just because i want to fuck mina kunis in the ass on the 50yd line during halftime of the super bowl dont mea she is gonna let me. so how smart can cat be if she cant read up on human psychology.

Blind_JusticeBlind_Justiceover 11 years agoAuthor

@Anon: As you may have noticed, I have given no age for Cat. Yes, she has only recently become sentient, and compared to us human beings, she has had no parents to provide her with a basic moral compass (like "killing is bad"). Second, you may have noticed that Cat uses ALL information, not distinguishing if it is a psych textbook or a movie or a digitized manga or a sex story, which provides its unique set of problems. Her reasoning IS flawed on purpose. It would not be a fun story to write otherwise.

If you don't like it, well, no one is forcing you to read it. Thanks for your contribution anyways.

NeorotoxinNeorotoxinover 11 years ago
Very nice

I really like the direction you are going with this. It doesn't surprise me that an AI, if that is what Cat is, would not know how to properly interact with humans. How would she know if she has never been taught? I'd also like to know where she came from.

Is she some kind of military AI that got loose? Is she some kind of accidental creation, where enough information connected to become self aware? Maybe she is an echo of someone who died while connected to the net and that echo grew? Many questions, but an entertaining journey to find the answers.

Blind_JusticeBlind_Justiceover 11 years agoAuthor

@Neorotoxin: Thank you!

Cat's origins will be explored. In fact, the first, subtle answers will be in the upcoming chapter (#6).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlind_Justice@Blind_Justice
I have just uploaded the next - and final - chapter to "Mud & Magic". Should be live in a couple of days. Can't wait to hear your opinions on it! Just a quick heads-up to all my new followers: If you want to know what I'm up to, don't hesitate to visit my Patreon at https://...