All Comments on 'Ghost on the Wind'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 241 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
It's a fine story

You under-estimate the BTB community.

A lot of people think we're all chomping at the bit for violence.

But you neglect the core of it, justice. Most people want a more fair and just world.

We know the world rarely works that way, it's why we have stories. Stories were good deeds are rewarded, and misdeeds punished.

This was one of those stories. I don't need to see this entitled bitch ex-wife nor her smirking lover penniless nor in the hospital. Most of just want their deeds made public in your world of make believe. And you delivered. The wife was abandoned, her excuses were told and laughed at. The lover lost his wife too. They are both selfish people that can no longer prey on their trusting spouses. And that's what they did. They used love and trust of others to deceive and hurt those people. And without the people they think so little of, they are now realizing how worthless they are. And they will have to grow up, or remain angry and bitter. Either way, they are no longer able to hurt their exes. That's justice. The parasites were plucked out, and exposed.

I'm not going to judge them for eternity. If those two selfish sluts want to grow up more power to them. Some of us care more about their spouses and family though. They rarely deserve to have a spouse or parent that thinks so little of their family unit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So close to being a Loving Wives classic

I quite enjoyed the story for the most part. He didn't need some elaborate revenge. Ghosting her was payback enough, and he could move on with his life and leave the trash behind.

Except...then he didn't actually follow through and ghost her. He called her, and apparently they STILL talk. He allows her to vent her BS on the phone with him and get some closure, which defeats the purpose of ghosting someone. So we were denied the big dramatic confrontation which is usually the best part of these Loving Wives stories in order to serve the ghosting plot, only then he didn't follow through with ghosting her.

I'm sorry, but that took a lot of the wind from the sails for me. He left his home and all his friends behind without a real goodbye to teach her a lesson, and now she'll never learn it. Leaving that disappointing detail out, the rest was quite good. Plausible, but not mundane. The dialogue was believable. Ending on the note that they were never published also gave me a chuckle.

Thanks for the story.

Cog

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 4 years ago
Great work

It's already been said but that's a much more realistic story and ending than we usually see. Very well written and believable tale, thank you 5*.

ranec1ranec1about 4 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

The_Artfull_CodgerThe_Artfull_Codgerabout 4 years ago
A very good...

A very good description of a mans journey of despair and detachment. A story that describes the small truths in the big lies. No big titted 50 year old Blonde who looks like she's 30 waiting to soothe his saddened soul.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
They are not unpublished anymore

You just took care of thet. But your story was too well tolc not to have your ending. It begs for one, and it should not be left to an amature to do the sequal... think about that.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

Why the hell does the grieving partner in these stories defend the cheating mother to the shattered children?

Most times the said children are old enough to handle and understand the truth.

They see their family shattered, it affects them directly, why defend the person who did the breaking?

Tell the truth to the kids and let the pieces fall where they may. If that means the kids hate the offending Parent who causes the pain, so be it!!!!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "It's a fine story" - Actually, the BTB community is quite small. Most of us in the so-called "Morality Brigade" are really what I call Consequences fans. You put it quite well: "Most people want a more fair and just world.

We know the world rarely works that way, it's why we have stories. Stories were good deeds are rewarded, and misdeeds punished."

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years ago
Maybe you should ask Mr Fiddleheads. . .

. . . about winters in Maine! A 50 year old man, from Carolina, in his first winter in Portland? Yeah, that’s gonna be one heck of a learning curve. At least he lives within walking distance of work; Mainiacs don’t want Southern drivers on their roads in January!

AB needs to save his money and then buy a place on Cliff Island. He can take the long ferry ride to Portland for work in the worst of winter, and his own boat in the rest of the year. But I’ll warn him: the houses on the Casio Bay islands are all either wicked expensive or stretch the term ‘fixer upper’ to the breaking point.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years ago
WTF is up with comments?

The index page said that there were 102 comments, but nowhere close to that are visible, and this is not the only story in which this is happening.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years ago
BeBopper99 wrote:

"Another stereotypical LW story about a weak cucky husband. He knows his wife is going to cheat with cockroach Franky, but the coward doesn't do anything serious to prevent it. Instead he walks away like a cuck."

AB has assumed that his wife has already copulated with Frank, before he figured it out. After all, who would plan six weeks away, with a lot of risk involved, if she hadn't already sampled Frank's wares? After all, he could have been a dud.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Love it but...

.,.I did want to know more about what happened at home. I also wished he'd have stayed a ghost a bit longer.......I was a writing major and did several summer writing workshops, I'll tell you they are full of self deluded, arrogant, aloof, self important people like the wife and her lover. The whole idea that she would think she is just a dalliance away from being a great writer.....it sounds unbelievable, but, in reality, I've seen it. Seen it many, many times.

But it is this is why I am so very interested in knowing more about what happened at home and her conversations with her girls and their friends. She is a realistic character to me, so I'm very curious. ...so this is not a criticism, just letting you know you whet my appetite.

One thing I'll have to call you on......wrong fish for Northern Ontario. Brook trout, lake trout, artic char, walleye.....all would have worked. Not wild browns though.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years ago
Anony wrote:

"I agree with Karen, sometimes sex is just sex." Yeah, well you won't find THAT attitude much among the LW commentariat.

But yes, sometimes sex is just sex. We expect women to be attracted to men, and want them to enjoy sex. Then marriage occurs, and somehow the women that we liked because they liked men and liked sex are expected to find no other men attractive and be sexually attracted to no other men than their husbands. Is that even a rational hope?

If half of all married women cheat -- and who knows what the numbers really are? -- then we're lucky that it's only half.

One writer, a couple of weeks ago, prefaced his story with the line that cheating is the worst thing a woman can do to a man, but LW is full of stories in which it isn't the worst thing. Let's say that, instead of a six week marriage 'vacation,' Karen had screwed Frank two or three times, but decided that, since AB was really concerned about the trip, she'd bag it. In that event, yeah, she'd have tried Frank out a few times, but chosen her husband over him, and stayed with AB. Most of the LW commentariat would have screamed, "NO!" and called AB a spineless cuck for staying with Karen.

We like to think of real men as being stoic and not wearing their emotions on their sleeves, but the truth is that women are far more practical about sex than men. When husbands cheat, most women are concerned with whether their husbands love their mistresses, and if they think their husbands and their marriages are worth keeping, they'll be pissed off but get over it. Men, on the other hand, look at a wife having cheated as having lost to the other guy, even if it was only once, despite the fact that most of us sowed our wild oats as frequently as we could before marriage, when sex was just sex to us.

Consider this: there is no female equivalent of 'cuck' in these stories.

DDAY55DDAY55about 4 years ago
Sad

Good story. It happens every day. I guess Frank will be screwing Karen in every room of his house now. Frank will probably bend Karen over the back of the couch in the living room and do her right in front of the family portrait over the mantel place. Of course he did have six weeks to get rid of all that stuff. I would have had the movers take my bed and the couch. I'd have given her clothes, sheets, throws, towels etc. to habitat or goodwill. Let them get rug burn. Vindictive I know, so what.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readabout 4 years ago
5* - good story, not your best but very very good.

This line told the whole story - you could pare it down this single line:

"She was the most important thing in my life until I was no longer hers."

That line should be enshrined in a LW hall of fame somewhere for cheating wives.

I also love the ghost aspect of this story. Understanding hate & love are two passions, a just different poles of the same emotion. Physical revenge is fleeting, but Indifference - that is the true killer and best revenge. He punished her by removing the one thing she thought was sure, his love. She became nothing to him, total indifference, the ultimate emotional punishment the keeps on giving.

donjuan1954donjuan1954about 4 years ago
Good read.

Thanks, enjoyed it very much. AB handled things perfectly. Is there a part two in the works?

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineabout 4 years ago
Great story !

We're like you we fuel up and never stop in those states . Love Maine we've been sailing there with my brother for years.He and his family just love living there but we love Texas to much to leave.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineabout 4 years ago
Great story !

We're like you we fuel up and never stop in those states lol.We love to go to Maine and Saul with my brother and his family. It's so pretty there but we love Texas to much to leave here .

Freddog6601Freddog6601about 4 years ago
Well written with a rushed ending

Good story, nice travelogue, good interaction with daughters and wife.

The ending resembled a cliffhanger. I’m awaiting chapter 2.

Thanks for the enjoyable read.

COYSCOYSabout 4 years ago
Very Good

Well written and interesting. Especially the travelogue. I think some want more because they don’t think she suffered enough. Frank got his and she’ll have to live the rest of her life knowing what kind of person she’s become. Honestly I think I would do the same as him if possible. Just walk away, get on with my life. Thank you

oldwayneoldwayneabout 4 years ago
A sad but good story...

Five Stars!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

"Sex is just sex" is fine as long as you're not married to other people.

TorgauTorgauabout 4 years ago

You wrote a wonderful and powerful story. I hope you continue to write. With some effort, you could turn this story into an excellent novel, but I recommend adding some additional humor into the plot if you go this route. Best wishes.

vickitvohiovickitvohioabout 4 years ago
Decent

Yes decent. No you don’t have take a lead pipe to Franks knee but he didn’t have to let the ENTIRE six weeks class go by with her cheating like he was some cuckold. Seriously how many pictures and video did he need? All of that could have been done in the first week. Of course his wife was lost by then anyway.

driv2u2driv2u2about 4 years ago
True life

This is what happens in most divorce s , true he didn't need six weeks of film or pictures . Once would have been enough.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveabout 4 years ago
A Sad Tale

Well done. Not exactly a happy ending but more likely than " he meets and marries a hottie ". Groucho Marx said - " the worst thing you can do to a man who steals your wife is let him keep her". 5 stars

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 4 years ago
Well done.

Pretty tight good plot

and well worked out.

Mighty fine writing.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Lame shit

Deeded her the house? He fucking rewarded her infidelity. Pure unadulterated bullshit.

jlg07jlg07about 4 years ago
The only bad thing

It was too short. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
"I could tell he wasn't wearing a condom. That did it for me."

yeah I feel the same way. I'm cool with my wife cheating on me, but without a condom? fuck that shit!

this guy is a lame retard.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 4 years ago
The best revenge is to live well.

I took that phrase from another story that I read. I enjoyed this story. It is well written and conveys AB's pain and disappointment in vivid terms. It is Just_Words creation, and his write as he sees fit but, I have always thought that ghosting the marriage is a coward's way out. I much prefer sending evidence of her betrayal to everyone she knows; everyone she works with; all of her family as well as mine; all of Frank's friends, family, and work mates. That sort of revenge doesn't get you jailed, but at least you are there of witness the complete and utter destruction of the two cheaters worlds. Then get on with your life and live it well. *****

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago

This story reminds me of two stories written by juanwildone. He opted for revenge twice twenty years after the fact.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 4 years ago

Nice LW story, well written. Thanks for not going through his entire life history and the entire time since he met her and started dating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE........

To hear a little about Karen's life post departure. What kind of behavior did she experience from mutual friends? Maybe even the members of the old writers club. I guess I'd just liked to have seen her live with the fallout from her actions. Maybe you could do a short story about the new boat and her students posting pictures of her fucking Frank around campus.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Decent

Decent story,but I think he let her off lightly.What is to stop her shacking up with Frank,whilst he has no one.?Also what happens when they need to be at their daughters functions and who do the girls spend the holidays with?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Been there done that...

Caught the old lady cheating on me. Divorced her sorry ass and moved on. Not a year after the divorce she's back at my door begging for a second chance. It appears that the guy she left me for, beats her sorry ass black and blue whenever she gets him angry. Which seems to be very frequently. Gotten to where I have to hide when ever she comes a knocking on my door. Her looks have begun to resemble an old prize fighters. Karma always has a way of balancing the equation. Lol.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good story

I liked that you tried to make her see what would happen with Frank but when she ignored your pleas you did what you had to do.

DazzyDDazzyDabout 4 years ago
Carolina

on my mind!

enderlocke27enderlocke27almost 4 years ago
lol

u should have him write a book about his travels and life and had it published then send his ex an autographed copy lol that would sting bad enjoyed the read ty

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 4 years ago
Well Done!

L_W, you are a master. Thank you for sharing a well written, superbly edited, uncommonly good short story based on a common LW theme. Your perfect grammar and smooth pacing of a well designed plot makes reading smooth and pleasurable. While I enjoy the fantasy of the many more severe BTB stories found here, "Ghost" plays well in the real world.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ending Just Hangs There

Not much of an ending here. Yes the cheaters get divorced, but what else. If you can't include some vengence, how about telling us more of an impact on their lives. After leaving his home the only thing of real significance was meeting with his daughters. Could have been a great story!

management91399management91399almost 4 years ago

It's about the journey. Here is a cheating wife story that hit the familiar marks, the suspicion, the cheating and disrespect, the emotional explosion (Off camera). But what AB has going for him is he understands his support system and allows it to follow him on his journey. And he wasn't running away, he was taking a stroll, a Walkabout perhaps and meditated on his life and his future. And he's going to be okay. Why would he want to be in front of a screaming crying liar.

The ONLY thing I thought which would be a fun twist here would be if AB, using his evidence as a template write his own book on his life, betrayal and eventual recovery. A sort of cheating spouse, surviving divorce travelogue. For some reason AB also reminded me of the movie The Accidental Tourist which has a similar plot line to many LW stories minus the infidelity (I think it's been years since i watched it) but for some reason this story reminded me of that film. Probably old neurons firing out of sequence again! Thanks! Good Stuff.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteelealmost 4 years ago
A Sad but Beautiful Story

Thank you for this beautiful story. Those of us who have faced similar situations know the pain your hero is experiencing. You have put your heart into this account and the reader can feel it.

I am enjoying reading your work and look forward to seeing more work of this quality.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
JUST.....WORDS......THEN CUMS ACTION

are lying words just or do we need more 'eulogies', TK U MLJ LV NV

fritz51fritz51almost 4 years ago
Agree with management91399:

Yes, absolutely yes. I see that there is a part two & I'm hoping it is about AB writing a best seller about his journey from one life to the next and meeting a hot blonde with bit tits!!!!

Take that Frank & Karen !!!!

So well written *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Finally

an LW story with a normal man with a normal reaction. Great writing, too

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

To answer my own question, I think she shook her head because she didn't want him to give his usual smart ass answer.

"I am tired of you not trusting me." - Kind of cheeky when she KNOWS that he shouldn't be trusting her!

"Claire, no matter what she's done; she is still your mother. Plus, it's me she's betrayed, not you." - I HATE this! Claire has it right.

"Everyone does it." - Everyone DOESN'T do it, and if HE had done it, she'd have his balls in a jar.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
main character needs anger management

I'm so glad I never became such a vindictive bastard as what your character came to be. Sure it hurt, but it wasn't the fact that "she" had sex with another, it was the lying and breaking of trust. You can just move on knowing you can never trust that person... and it's exactly the same when your partner hides important things or deliberately lies to you... It makes me feel good that I never stooped so low as your character, what an asshole...he doesn't deserve another relationship if he behaves like that

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years agoAuthor
@ anonymous 6/21/2020

Anger management? Vindictive? What story did you read?

You say he can just move one. That is what he did. He left her the freakin' house. All he did that might be called vindictive was to share the information of her betrayal with their friends and family so that he would not be played as the bad guy. What was he suppose to do? She had already shown her willingness to lie. Should he take the blame for her betrayal?

Seriously, I don't know what you expect, but that character was the least aggressive, least vindictive, non-cuck I have found here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ugh

You had a fine premise with the wife wanting to find her muse, then she goes full villain and belittles him. It reads as zapped by Piper Hamlin's Martian Slut Ray.

King_WillieKing_Williealmost 4 years ago
Good story!

I love your writing.

Alas, the one thing that nags me is his willingness to wait for SIX WHOLE WEEKS while she's having her orgiastic "time out".

I don't think I've ever met a red bloodied individual in this God's gray Earth who would let her have a Day#2 of sex&fun, they'd be sending pics and videos from the P.I. to her phone on minute one, with the words "we're done".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Re: sbrooks103x

I've only seen a couple of times where I beg to differ a bit with your comments, happily this doesn't happen to be one of those times. Signed: BTW

NoBullAlNoBullAlalmost 4 years ago
Descent story but....

Yeah! So he hopped in his little electric bug and took off on this grand tour so then we need to know how he was able to travel all that distance without getting a recharge? Still not an easy thing to do, especially when Google says the usual battery travelling distance for one of them is only 100 miles! If so then the most he could travel would be 2-3 hours a day before he needed a recharge. Then we must also wonder about how the author found short cuts (especially when our hero was wondering around on back roads) to cut the distance to only 600 miles when (again) Google maps has it pegged at 800+ miles. Simple things that detracted from making it a good story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
He should have done his research

NoBullAl should have done his research before he showed his ignorance. The Tesla X gets 350-400 miles on a full charge and has access to Tesla's charge network. None of the large cities mentioned are more than 300 miles apart.

Good writing J-W. Proof that the best revenge is a life well lived. 5*

detroitdave

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years agoAuthor
Not a Tesla

While I am a fan of the Tesla and I expect one could take the drive described here in a Tesla, the sentence in questions reads, "I'd drive a Tesla if I were paid better so I drive a hybrid." Hyrbids are powered by conventional internal-combustion engines that run at a fixed speed for optimal efficiency and charge a system of batteries. The batteries power the electric motor that drives the car. You can fill up at any gas station anywhere on any back country road.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Late thoughts -

He's a "dufus" who doesn't know anything about "big ideas," and NOW she's crying?

It probably would've killed the story, but I would've called her on the lie about the call with Frank supposedly being with Reggie.

If "everyone" does it, why hide it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

What an entitled, delusional slut. She spends six weeks committing adultery, all planned well ahead and then she blames her HUSBAND???! Fifty years old and she thinks and behaves like a giddy teen?! AB could have been a little more forceful and called her out on her lies. Well written and an interesting story. 5 *s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Read

Only because I drove for a living.....it’s 800+ miles between Raleigh and Portland, not 600 :)

dwhit48988dwhit48988over 3 years ago
Just a Comment

I enjoyed the story, but would point out that New Jersey has lovely beaches, the US Coast Guard has a beautiful base there, and many families raise their children there just like we do here in California. I think every state has things of interest and beauty. I know every state has great people as well as every state has some not so great people.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years agoAuthor
@ dwhit48988

Sorry. I was going for the joke and mean no offense. I've driven I-95 through NJ many times and it's perfectly pleasant. The refineries in the south are probably what gets the state its reputation, but mostly what I've seen are lots of homes and some farms. Then, of course, there is the congestion when you get close to NYC. I meant no offense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
a very good Yarn!

I like how this story ends because he makes a decision to dump the cheating bitch since this precisely is what BTB is about. It’s about the discovery and the aftermath of what the cheated on partner does to him or her. He either goes all nuclear but gets REVENGE! That’s the important bit. I know that it is mostly men that writes and reads BTB but lets’ face it. Of all the genres in Literotica BTB is the closest to what life between couples married or not is! I like the fact that he leaves… becomes a ghost and he let her to wallow in her own stupidity even though she tries to make it his fault. You can’t take on the bad behavior of good and brilliant writers and you do not have an iota of their talent. They were all just aspiring writers but behaved as if they were already on some best sellers lists. She kept on making as if he did not understand her but all she was interested in was having a six week break from her marriage. Her dishonesty and cheating ways caused the end of her marriage and like any engineer her husband did what engineers do, they find the simplest and quickest solution to ANY problem!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Nice story JW. The line about driving through jersey was funny. It seems like you are from this area or have spent time here. Elephant Walk is pretty good. I have met my husband there a few times.

I am still trying to think about how you take 7 or 8 college kids in providence to the "best restaurant that you can afford" and still not spend a shit ton of money lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
fine

you did a fine job AB but i miss the part where your divorce was final.

LoejtcLoejtcover 3 years ago

Born and raised in NJ. Grew up looking at the Empire State Bldg every day. Great place to be from! Live in east TN now. Won't leave for anything.

Good plot, character development, vocabulary, compact but very descriptive. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The writting was really good but the ending just leaves me a bit dissatisfied.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
If

If his friends know where he is,why hasn't his wife turned up at his door?.

mainer42mainer42about 3 years ago

this Mainer likes where he ended up!

lukeey90lukeey90about 3 years ago

Nah ..there's too little details about the cheating and the dirvoce and too much details about the drive and other things.

GriscomGriscomabout 3 years ago

"Worse than that, both Karen and Frank remain unpublished." HA!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked your story very much. I think her got his revenge in a subtle way, nothing worse than her finding out he is being indifferent towards her. 4 ****

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

Good story, I like it a lot. AAAA++++

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Honestly, it was basically a "look how many places I can name on Rt 95" it was overly long for what was presented

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Most of your readers will not know about RTP (Research Triangle Park). RTP is comprised of an area between Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill which are the homes of NC State, Duke and Chapel Hill Universities.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

Second time through, saw my own comment, and was horrified that Casco Bay had been autocorrected to Casio Bay. Ugh!

But my advice about Cliff Island was spot on! Simple place, only a few fishermen and handymen have trucks, everyone else drives golf carts.

Of course, a 50 year old well employed engineer won’t have too much trouble finding a nice Mainiac lady to warm his bed on cold Portland nights. Some will even love his Carolina accent.

And the loss of grits is no loss at all, but the loss of biscuits and gravy, that’s major! Fried corned beef hash is good, but it’s not a perfect replacement.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

This is a good story except for 2 things.

It was tiresome listening to the endless repetition of his eating adventures as he coursed his way North to Portland Maine.

To me it felt like cheap filler material.

The next thing is this is really poorly done from the perspective of not having to follow up chapter. You got us involved with the characters and you just dropped the whole thing and leave us to wonder. If you think this is a cute mechanism please reconsider as this writer considers it a cheap mechanism.

You're a good writer but you need to develop a little bit more in terms of being considerate of your reader; You can claim authorship of the story but please never forget that the story belongs to your readers and they are the final judge not you

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 2 years ago

Nice.

This was a very good story.

I liked everything, except the irritating clichés.

I understand the younger writer's need

to copy older writer's style of writing.

But for God's sake, don't copy their clichés.

Make your own.

Don't make the MC call her 'darling' or 'dear'.

Use her name.

Do'nt give her status calls.

It only makes the MC look phony.

And the slut doesn't care!

Even if she did, what is she going to do about it?

Don't make phony fishing stories.

Let her wonder.

The only thing that cliché does, is make the MC a lier.

Easy on the old clichés.

The story was good though.

Warm story on land and people.

And mending a broken heart.

Well done!

Top ratings from me.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

People need to see this one more: "The sex means plenty and the lies and manipulation mean even more." I like how the point here is the alienation of affection. Once someone manipulates you, it has become clear that they do not respect you, which means they do not even like you. "Love" is just a mental shield that they use to justify itself. I agree completely that the real revenge here is condemning the badly-behaved to deal with each other while the good people go off and have nice lives elsewhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why did he give her the house? Why did he give her anything? Yes, eventually she would get whatever share of property that N Car law requires, but let her sweat it out. House gets sold, proceeds split. She likely would never be able to buy an equivalent house in Raleigh/Research Triangle on a teacher's salary. Spend money on the lawyers, give her nothing without a fight. And what is always with the "Oh children, don't be mad at your mother, this is between me and her." This is a popular cliche on Literotica, but it's crap. While it has to be done carefully so as not to alienate the children, tell them everything. Give them the whole PI report and all pictures and videos and audio. The trashing of the husband and mockery of him by Karen and Frank is just too much.

Never have anything to do with her again. Holidays? Never be with ex-wife; alternate Christmas and Thanksgiving.Graduations, weddings? Insist that wife and he are at separate tables and seats in church. Don't even acknowledge wife's existence while there. Revenge? Send pics and videos to everyone she knows ASAP. Real revenge, serious revenge? Wait, a year or two or three. Then have a good alibi and get Karen and Frank both.

Finally, why didn't he show up in Illinois unannounced? I don't get husbands who don't make real effort to stop things but instead make the other cliched statements on Liter, "I can't stop you, you make your own decisions but if you do, there will be consequences/" Weak. Does Frank have a wife? Tell her right up front when Frank and Karen head out to Champaign/U of I. If that makes Karen blow up and divorce him, so what? That's what happened anyway. 3*** writing is good quality but story has too many flaws for more than that.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years agoAuthor

@ Anonymous: There are many ways to respond to treachery and betrayal. One popular theme here is revenge. I get that. I really do. Another is to recognize that nothing you now have with them is worth keeping, take what you value, and go. Frankly, I think the latter is more satisfying. Go to Illinois and confront them? Why? She isn't worth the plane ticket. Make a fit every time you find yourself in the same room? Why? Be strong and make her irrelevant. Move on, find happiness, and rise above it all. In the end, it's the only decision that brings happiness and the sooner you get there, the happier you will be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You cannot get to the White Mountains by driving west from Portsmouth. You need to go NORTH on the Spaulding Turnpike (NH 16.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent, as an retired Engineer, I approve of this story and the lack of physical BTB. We, Engineers are geeks so we like emotional and mental attacks on cum sluts!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mediocre travelogue, weak story. I can almost understand the wife wanted to experience a more interesting assertive and dynamic man. She'll probably end up realizing that, except for the financial setback, she's better off with a free and open future. Maybe he will too? Thanks for the effort.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - Standard runaway divorce, nothing new or unique in this story.

Although, I do appreciate the total lack of gratuitous violence that other authors seem to prefer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Is it normal to text and phone someone you are ghosting? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of ghosting.

Isn't ghosting a totally clean break. Keep them wondering. Keep them guessing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

good tale. lp

YvesmiYvesmiabout 2 years ago

I like it. Also the trip up north. Would like to do that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I don't know, it was quite boring actually. Maybe it's just me. You added too much whining and self-pity for my taste.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story, although found it a little long

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice story. I rented a hand crafted small boat at Mystic and took my daughter out on the river. She was 12, 28 now. With the wind funneled in and bouncing off the high rises it was hard to maintain a reach. But was still a good time! Thanks for the reminder.

RRC2RRC2about 2 years ago

An interesting story with the best ending for the story included. The fact that the two remain unpublished brings a satisfied smile to my face. This writer has class and style.

THANKS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
-1

So many stories about bitch ass husbands. Makes me sick.

brendan_charltonbrendan_charltonalmost 2 years ago

I liked it very much.

Quite realistic as far as the MC's thinking process and decision making. You don't get the feel you are watching a cartoon.

And for that you get 5 *.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Pathetic drivel

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 2 years ago

I'd keep track of her future marital status.

Be sure to send any future bf/fiance/husband where she said, "Everyone does it. It doesn't mean anything."

"Obviously, she's ok with it so don't worry yourself about staying faithful to her."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

While this is a good storey and well written etc.

I do think he should have sent his wife to the 6 week " writing workshop " with divorce papers.

I mean she wanted passion and drama to write about?

Then set her up.

Cheers

sf1134sf1134almost 2 years ago

Just excellent! No other critique is required.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Marvelous story!!!

I really liked that he gave her every chance and then, when the ship went down, he got off and saved the rest of his life.

I liked that he wasn't afraid to expose her,PI files, photos and all to his daughters and friends; you avoided the nauseating rubbish of the husband "taking the high road and not disclosing his wife's behavior thus becoming the brunt of anger of everyone while growns under the yoke of self-martydom.

"she was the center of my world until I wasn't hers." says it all.

A lot of betrayed spouses need to remember that and this one as well; the image of the betrayer is a reflection of the person you were in love with from day one. The person before you now may have the same body but the person she was has already died. So, with no prior history, and knowing the type of woman she is now, would you date her?

Not hardly likely. Think of such men and women as pod people from invasion of the body snatchers.

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

A story about a man's boring travels.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There should have been some account of AB's suffering. Her denial of the importance of what she did would serve to make her suffering worse. She didn't need to be physically assaulted. The loneliness of having nobody to go home to as well as the distance between her and her daughters over time reinforces that she really did fuck up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This stupid man knew she was going to cheat so he had plenty of time to get divorce papers ready, have the slut investigated during the writing course!! Then there are bastard friends like Jake who thinks you're cuckoo!! TOO FUCKING LONG!! UNNECESSARY TRASH WTITING

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories