All Comments on 'Ghost on the Wind'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 241 Comments (Page 3)
Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous - You are just a breath of fresh air, aren't you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There is simply no complete story here. Sorry. Finish the damn story.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerover 1 year ago

Well, I think that is a well balanced, well written tale. I absolutely buy a mature educated man's response who quietly plans to get the best revenge - a life well lived. I'd like to buy the man a beer and congratulate him for doing exactly the right thing, having given his ex every chance to stop her stupidity.

Well done and very enjoyable. Just the right length for my tastes. I really don't care what happened to the 2 cheaters, just to know our man is coming out on the right side of things.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written but I needed more of a completion. It felt like something was missing been written. 4*.

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggieover 1 year ago

They remain unpublished! I’m howling! A good story, and a great closing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The revenge is a life very well lived.

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

Wonderful story. 5⭐.

I'm bookmarking it to read it later.

I love this type of concept.

Just a guy who realizes his marriage is over and leaves to find a new life.

No RAAC. Maybe later they can reconnect but let live apart, try other partners to see if he finds better people. See the personal evolutions during several years of separation.

No BTBs. How many BTBs do you know in real life compared to divorced numbers. It's mostly an internet fantasy. And a public humiliation? Why do if it must also fall on your children?

What is your priority, their safety or your revenge?

The only thing I have trouble understanding is your obsession with having multiple photos or videos. Why ? From the moment you had an explicit one, from the moment you know, why want more? To watch them?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

gets better EVERY time i read it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just a intro to a story

He says she says so far as not much character based

Plus still waiting for a ending as many questions are not swnseted

TassieTykeTassieTykeover 1 year ago

Excellent, Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WTF? THAT'S IT?

SDN1955SDN1955over 1 year ago

Good story and probably reflects what actually happens in the majority of divorces. No theatrics. No winners.

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMindover 1 year ago

I have not read part two yet but, as good as it may be, I would be happy if the story ended here. The scene has been set, the MC has made his suspicions clear, the infidelity has happened and the cheats have felt the consequences. Our narrator seems like a pleasant and thoughtful person and I wish him well; but what happens next is another tale. This isn't a FTDS!

I enjoyed it very much; now for part two. :)

SimonCWSimonCWabout 1 year ago

Good Story thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very nicely done. I appreciate you did not go down the road of the MC endlessly doubting and blaming himself as well as idiotic reconciliation ideation. Rather, he gave it all he had the ejected before his plane crashed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent story. He punished her by his absence and her lack of control over him. Perhaps she will end of with Frank or maybe stay single. It's important to note that she is the one who broke up her family. Now whenever they see each other at family functions, everyone else will know that she did it all to herself.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

A good simple no frills cheaters story, nicely written, looking at it deeply, the only thing that I see wrong with it was his trip in the car, there was no driving with the fear of running out of battery power, still it’s a good story, could be real, a good thinking read.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

All Femdom agitprop is ultimately sad.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman11 months ago

at least 1 or 1 1/2 pages too long.

nixroxnixrox9 months ago

5 stars and yes, I also think he should have put the divorce papers in her luggage.

Why not put a whole lot of pressure on her, so she will NOT enjoy any part of the time spent on this writing seminar? Her major concerns should be where the money for her next meals and rent are coming from?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This one is your best so far. Well built characters, and mature, reasoned behavior. Not everyone goes postal. Sometimes revenge is about leaving the past and growing to a better future.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well written. Realistic, well maybe except for the wife losing her mind during the six weeks and her anger at implications of cheating: she was delusional. But despite what btb readers mqy want, what he did was pretty realistic for a betrayal of that magnitude. Liked the daughters. And like the "I divorce you. I divorce you. I divorce you." Nice cultural reference.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another five star masterpiece from the master! Like the author I don't go for meetings between knees and baseball bats or ribcages and tyre irons. I loved the no nonsense approach of the MC here; no crying, no puking, no trying to find ways of blaming himself for the wife's behaviour and no worrying about people calling him a cuck. He just faced the issue head and left the bitch high and dry.

One small criticism, though; I really don't like it when MCs go all noble and start giving it all the "Don't talk about your mother like that" crap. If he was really serious about not wanting to poison his daughters' minds against their mother he shouldn't have shown them all the grisly evidence he had or filled in all the blanks with his verbal account of her betrayal. When one parent does something as vile to the other as Karen did to her husband the offspring are entitled to be angry and to express that anger.

Lawrie1941Lawrie19418 months ago

Great story well written but as usual you leave the tale with too many open ends. Still 5 stars

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

He left the PI report and photos on the table, but with the changed locks, how will she see them?

\

"Had I become an impediment to her, or was I just irrelevant?" - There was no reason why she couldn't concentrate more on her writing without abandoning her marriage, beyond the phony baloney "all the great writers had affairs." Even if true, it would be a coincidence, not a job requirement!

\

Technically, The Elephant Walk is Cambodian, not Thai. I'm sure there are many similarities, I'm no expert on either.

\

"I'll do this right and behave myself until the marriage is officially and legally ended." - I never understand this. She's already cheated, he's filed for divorce, but he has to "behave" himself?

James G 5James G 57 months ago

Beautiful and real. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nah man I think you did a perfect job even if it may feel 'unsatisfying' because we don't see Karen and Frank get their comeuppance.

Just like in your story; in real life no one could actually go scorched earth and BTB. In real life I doubt many husbands go on some long Machiavellian vendetta in order to utterly ruin their cheating wife and her lover. As satisfying as it would be to see the cheaters suffer a bit more (not the usual crazy borderline-misogynistic burning but Karen is a sociopath and she deserves some bad karma), this ending is a great one. I look forward to part 2.

5 stars

WisquejacWisquejac7 months ago

Liked it. Thanks.

BSreaderBSreader6 months ago
I'm

Sorry another pussy husband that has no guts no wonder she did what she did to him.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon6 months ago

Let's be honest, this was NOT another "angry BTB story", was it? You just really don't have that in you, and that's certainly not a bad thing. The best revenge is a life well lived, and the MC is well on his way to that.

AlanDavidAlanDavid6 months ago

Great read, thanks 5 stars

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

Only thing I'd have liked you to add was him telling his wife she's delusional an in desperate need for a reality check and intense counselling

NitpicNitpic5 months ago
How

How could friends ring to support him?.Apart from his best mate he never told anyone he was leaving and how can they visit as he told no one where he was going?.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger3 months ago

Excellent, no more, no less. So you failed to satisfy the BTB bloodlust of some cretins, tough! Thank you, I'd certainly sit and share a meal and a drink with this man and tell him he had done things just exactly the right way and to enjoy his new life.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I was sorry to see the story end, on page three. That tells you how much I was enjoying it. Five stars.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well written. Enjoyed the story and the description going through the various states and his meeting with his daughters. MC was a soft touch and reacted to things. Intelligent but not proactive. Being an engineer, he should have wired the house for phone calls after the first suspicious one, and then monitored. He gets a PI when he knows things are going down. Yes he has a talk with Karen beforehand but it was toothless. Having her own words (and Frank's) played back to her, would have at least probably disrupted the whole workshop nonsense, thiugh she had probably cheated. Don't get me wrong Karen is an evil bitch. So his confronting her about her premeditated marital assassination and lies before the workshop is not to save the marriage, it is for his own self esteem and filing for divorce before she leaves or having her served remotely when she lands there. By waiting, he lost agency and just reacted (for thr most part). Once he saw the bareback sex, that finally broke him and he started his drop the mic exit. Makes for a dramatic story element but seems unappealing in real life. The divorce was going to be on thr same terms regardless. And his leaving for Maine was unstoppable. He can just give power of attorney to his lawyer. She can drag her heels and whine about fighting a divorce but she can do that even with him gone out of state. He can still deny her any access to him. She sounds a bit off her rocker anyways. So confrontation with irrefutable audio before the workshop and his filing on her proactive change very little but do give him a cleaner break without all the negative fallout for his psyche. Maybe his daughters would have been harder to appease but any evidence he gathered with monitoring his house calls / home would have made it clear to his daughters what is going on. While the drop the mic exit is in alignment with the title, it is only a dramatic plot device if the cheating spouse has serious regrets. Karen is too psycho to think rationally but any th ING after he sent the three photos and his saying "I divorce thee" three times in an email (that was a nice touch btw). But to each their own. 5 stars for the writing.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 months ago

A bit longer than J_W’a usual work, but as good as anything he’s ever written. Another in a long line of great stories from a master.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 months agoAuthor

@26thNC - You are too kind. Thank you.

desecrationdesecrationabout 1 month ago

I enjoyed this one. The fact that the cheaters remained unpublished said it all: both cause and effect of their cheating.

Booboo12629Booboo12629about 1 month ago

Good story, but I feel you left out too much of the wife’s side of the story during her 6-weeks away and after her return. I don’t think anyone married for 25 years could simply turn off feelings and completely change their personality that quickly. I’m not being critical, just pointing out things that seemed missing in an otherwise well-written story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories