All Comments on 'Girl in a Rock Show'

by Thefireflies

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
zubenelgenubi29zubenelgenubi29over 5 years ago
Rocking story

This is really good. Part of me says that the existing ending is just perfect for this coming of age turned adult story. Part of me says that the author should do an alternative universe sequel where they they do hook up again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I’m came here to fap not hurt like this. Damn good story, mate

DrizdartDrizdartover 5 years ago
kept me going

all the way through the story, all the way into the concert scene I've never been a part of, into the "young love" which I skipped, and on to the "best friend" marriage, knowing about that sense of being with someone who is my rock.

Wish there had been a bit more of the "spark" with the long-time relationship, a bit more of the surprise of being moved from a friend zone to a commitment with all of its benefits.

But the story you tell is your choices in the tale, not mine in a life. So thanks for the multiple pages of a different world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Fine writing, as usual— I’m beginning to think that Aussie education must be pretty good!

One heartfelt complaint, though. “I really love you heaps” must be the single least romantic thing I’ve read in a long, looong time.

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks for reading

Thanks to those who read, voted and commented.

Yeah, liking or loving someone 'heaps' is not the most romantic thing to say, and I used the term 'heaps' heaps of times (7 to be exact)! Deliberately so too, since I was portraying two late-teenagers from the so-called “millennial” generation (if one subscribes to such labels), who were discovering the intense feeling of love for the first time ever, but not yet sophisticated enough to express themselves beyond their everyday slang. 'Heaps' was pretty common back in the 90s, and there’s even a song from the early 2000s by Aussie Hip Hoppers Muph & Plutonic called ‘Heaps Good’ :-)

On the ending: sure, the two protagonists could have lived happily ever after, but I wanted to portray the intense feeling of first true love, and subsequent first love lost and how the feelings can linger through time. I think I achieved that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow that really took me back. The 2000 BDO was awesome. Forgot to mention Shihad, Blink 182, the mighty Jebediah….the list goes on. You have an amazing knack with your stories to conjure up imagery with your descriptions. I love it. Please keep writing more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for such a brilliant tale. I too live in Brisvegas in the time of your story. My story is close to your tale except that I and my ex were not musos. I had skipped this story due to it’s low rating but it is as good as your best. 5 Stars.

Amplexd.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

This is tearing me into parts … „never leave a being who touches your soul & heart“ because finding a soulmate is like winning the lottery ….. 20 + is an age we starting and developing, having no experience and so hurting souls is a natural to us humans, looking back the path we had been walking …. This got nothing to do with intelligence, its dumbness …. Im so taken, tears running down my cheeks and this is hurting soo badly ….. Beatrix and Brett are major models for our collective EGO maniac ….. this was a lovely tale, a rollercoaster ride ….. definitely 5 stars

✨ ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

This is tearing me into parts … „never leave a being who touches your soul & heart“ because finding a soulmate is like winning the lottery ….. 20 + is an age we starting and developing, having no experience and so hurting souls is a natural to us humans, looking back the path we had been walking …. This got nothing to do with intelligence, its dumbness …. Im so taken, tears running down my cheeks and this is hurting soo badly ….. Beatrix and Brett are major models for our collective EGO maniac ….. this was a lovely tale, a rollercoaster ride ….. definitely 5 stars

✨ ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnon11 months ago

I came here after reading Strum, and I'm so glad that I did. This was excellent. So far I've not been disappointed by any story of yours that I've read.

ThefirefliesThefireflies11 months agoAuthor

Dear readers, you may wish to know I’ve written and published a story titled Strum, which is an account of Kim’s first few days in London.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThefireflies@Thefireflies
Thanks for dropping by my story page. I like to write for pleasure, mine and hopefully yours. I still have many story ideas, I'm just excellent at procrastinating, even when I do get time to write. So, my dear readers, please be patient. A quick word about typos: they are prob...