Give Me a Reason Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Something wrong?" Robyn rose a moment later.

"Um, no," I looked down briefly, "it's just that you said you couldn't sit still in church after you and Penny got together but I find that now and it's not like I'm out or even thinking of it."

"You were raised as a Christian," Robyn stated the obvious, "I was too. My dad was an atheist but my mother was a born again Christian, I used to go to church after I left home because it was what I'd always done," she wrote down my measurements.

"But I was treading water even before I met Penny, most of my social circle were at church but I was living with non Christian women, my sister in Sydney was no longer a Christian."

"I'm in the same boat," I nudged my glasses again, "I live with two non Christians."

Robyn turned away to write down the last of the measurements.

"Understandably so, it's called stepping outside your bubble, you can get dressed again," she turned around again.

I started getting dressed whilst Robyn sat down at the laptop to go through Astrid's selections and by the time I'd finished she'd written down a list of clothes in different materials and colours.

"Your turn," she glanced at me.

"Two hundred and fifty dollars for twenty four garments or we can work out a price if you order more than one item if you like."

I made a mental calculation and then nodded.

"Okay, do I have to pay now? I don't get paid until Friday and I need to budget."

"Friday's fine," she nodded, "tell you what, you can pay half of the quarter this week and the rest next week or we can spread it over the next few weeks."

"I can do the end of the week," I replied, "but thanks."

"No worries, I know what it's like to earn minimum wage."

I didn't reply as I went back through the website. Robyn told me I could order anything but if I had my eye on a wedding dress that was worth two standard items.

"You don't have to choose everything tonight of course, order a couple of things and then spend the next few days or weeks browsing until you find the other things you want."

Eventually I chose a silk pussybow blouse in pink silk, a cream-coloured blouse in white polyester, a red double-breasted blouse in satin and a white, three-quarter length button skirt.

"There's just so much to choose, I could be there for hours."

"That's fine and I have to be going soon. Penny's gone to see Melanie about something but she'll be back by now and it's nearly dinnertime," she looked at her watch.

"Actually, it's way past dinnertime," she chuckled, "excuse me while I make a call."

She rose and walked into the kitchen, leaving me with Astrid and by the time she got back I'd found another thing I liked, a black mini skirt.

"What material?"

"Um, cotton? I don't suppose you have leather?"

"Of course we have leather," she grinned, "black, white, pink, brown?"

"Black," I replied, "thanks."

"No problem," she wrote that down and then closed the laptop, "all right ladies, it's been wonderful to spend time with you but my better half has had a hard day so I'd better get moving."

She rose and picked up her laptop and bag.

"So, we'll see you this Friday?"

"Yeah, for sure," I nodded.

She left shortly afterwards and I watched her leave. Despite my 'eagerness' to go to this meeting I was a little nervous about it. Granted, Lindsay would be there but there'd be other women there as well, probably gay women. Had I stepped out too far too quickly?

Only time would tell.

All right, I have to get Anna ready for bed and then call Astrid, she doesn't know I've been writing my story down. Let's hope she doesn't mind and with that in mind I'll write more tomorrow.

To be continued, tomorrow...