All Comments on 'Glasgow Kiss'

by Fredoberto

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Five star entertainment. Loved the 'Fubs'.

Liketall1Liketall1over 1 year ago

Another good story .I have seen the Glasgow kiss in action many time's,also with the knee,not nice.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

This story was just bizarre with no likable characters at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, what a shit society! The only decent, moral person in this story is the auditor, and everyone else despised him. HR and management didn’t care that they had untrustworthy employees, the slut was eager to LITERALLY cuckold her husband, and the husband was upset that he found out when he should have been grateful. Just a horrible group of people! Are Scots like this in real life?!? There ancestors are ashamed!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought a Glasgow Kiss was a new, red smile created an inch below.the chin......

phill1cphill1cover 1 year ago

For real, he beats the one that actually helps him out?

He wasn't helped out:

BEFORE: he thought he had a loving wife and a new baby on the way.

NOW: he's sterile and lost a chance to raise a child with the woman he loved.

He realizes what he lost and took appropriate, non-lethal action.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

The nosey auditor got what he deserved!

5

sdc97230sdc97230over 1 year ago
I guess Derek was one of those rare birds

A guy who actually liked being a cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

yes I know what a Glasgow kiss is, so was quite intrigued when it was to happen, good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Should have given good ole Bob a Glasgow Smile; he deserved it, way more than Rupert deserved a Glasgow Kiss.

.

3 stars, since the husband, Derek, was written as a wimp who, apparently, wished he had remained an ignorant cuckold, rather than the husband who kicked his cheating wife to the curb. Nobody to like in this story. Nobody.

LouisWu1968LouisWu1968over 1 year ago

I thought that this was a nicely-organized story with a well-connected plot. Maybe a little short on character development, but it's hard to get everything into a story of this length.

It is nice to see a story with a "somewhat happy" ending in this particular writing event.

I also like and enjoy your stories. Thank you for your work, and keep it up!.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice one

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 1 year ago

Good to see you back. Thank you.

DarkDave50DarkDave50over 1 year ago

Rupert is lucky he didnae get the Glasgae smile!!

ZebcannonZebcannonover 1 year ago

Please don't take this the wrong way but your story (while enjoyable) seemed scattered. In my opinion I was trying to figure out what the story plot was. You spent more time on the companies and other folks then the main characters. The accountant did not need that much background for his role in the story. It kind of left me scratching my head because their was very little in the way of what happen with the cheating and finding out. (more like wham bam thank you mam). Suggestion..... outline your plot so the story focuses on it and think about the supporting characters and how much background that really needs to be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this story. There are very few black and white situations in life and it is in the shades of grey that we can explore difficult questions. Human beings have their faults, so stories with unblemished heroes and implacable villains are unrealistic. This story took the context of men in love, described a wife’s flawed strategy for happiness and considered whether bystanders should interfere in other people’s private lives. It raises questions about whether there might be circumstances where ignorance could be bliss or whether people really need to know something that could be deeply upsetting. The main ‘villain’ of the story gets his just desserts and everyone lives relatively happily ever after. All in all, this was well written and provided both entertainment and food for thought.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 1 year ago

5* - quite liked it..

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63over 1 year ago

Let's see the adulterers' are the hero's. The rest of the company thought it was OK. Makes one wonder about our society.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyover 1 year ago

So his wife is a Cheating skank but he gets mad at the auditor instead of taking his and his buddies wrath onto dear old Bob who people conspired to give a good life to? The very definition of shoot the messenger.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dense, murky.

Unlikeable characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Reads Like Everyone Involved Is Better Off

Maybe the sterile cuck will even get his anger under control. At least he shouldn't have any children to abuse. Thanks for the effort.

jocko_smithjocko_smithover 1 year ago

Another 5 star entertainment.

I hated the authoritarian "Karen" auditor most of all, for abusing his own position, violating privacy laws, and being a worthless waste of carbon in general. If he'd been "decent" he would have never committed the abuses he did in digging into confidential files and acquiring the address. It was totally outside his purview, and likely criminal as well.

The "poor cuckold" husband was abusive as hell. And oh, by the by, most physical abusers START by breaking inanimate objects before moving on to living objects, just ask any cop or judge. "Poor cuckold" would not get a sperm count done. If he had a low sperm count (instead of being sterile) there are other things to be done. But it starts with taking responsibility and getting tested.

Wife (stupidly) felt a baby might make things better -- very unlikely but not impossible. But she did not seek an emotional attachment to the sperm donor -- wanted only a baby.

Excellent story.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Interesting

Story

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

The story gets 5* from me. It feels like this was possibly setting the stage for a much wider ranging, novel/novella length story. Faintly reminiscent of GaryAPB's 'Back To Bristol" for some reason. Anyway, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Whomever is being cheated on deserves to know. Bravo to auditor

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

All of the principle characters were rotten people. No matter how you slice it, Cathy was the villain.

Bob said she wouldn’t leave her husband. So why didn’t she talk to him, after getting herself tested? It may have led to divorce, but at least she wouldn’t have betrayed the man she supposedly loved and refused to leave.

Blaming him for not getting tested earlier, doesn’t change that she decided to cheat all on her own. They’re fortunate that a volatile Derek didn’t murder Bob.

So in the end, I’m disappointed that there were no consequences for the cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not a single likeable character in this story, if anything the auditor is the nicest! The writing is not bad, just the people are unsympathetic to the extreme, much like many real folks unfortunately.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Good LW story but I see no link between the story arc and Randi's event. I also don't "get" why he attacked the man that revealed what his wife was doing to him. 4*

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

Don't shoot the messenger!

EuanEuanover 1 year ago

Living in Scotland which apparently is the most Woke part of the world, I like this story. We know that there is domestic violence which is connected to two of the city's football teams, who are the two cheeks of the same arse, so the background to the story is believable. We will all have met women who believe that a baby will solve relational problems.

Given that there is a waiting list for fertility treatment and for sperm donors it is not surprising that Cathy decided to attend to her fertility problem in the way that nature intended.

The behaviour of the Auditor was unacceptable. The structures which are put in place to prevent abuse are there for a reason, but when you get an arsehole bringing something which would normally have been ignored the community will turn against them even if they can't be seen to do it.

Had Rupert not behaved in an unprofessional no one needed to know the specific details of the conception, but he did, and left the husband no other option to divorce his wife (who had a lucky escape), so the "claiming" (Glasgow for an assault in response to some perceived injustice) of the Auditor is part of the culture.

Nice story well told, and reflecting reality

FullyLoadedUKFullyLoadedUKover 1 year ago

The link to Randi's event comes between the two lovers and not the wife/husband.

The whole story revolves around the man loving Cathy enough to give her what she wants without expecting anything in return (apart from a couple of rolls in the hay). Then he falls on his sword for her after showing his only real concern was her when he was about to be fired than his own fortunes.

They get the happy ever after. The husband is stuck exactly where he was (minus a wife he seemed to pretty much have no real concern for). The auditor got small smattering of justice.

Really good story with no truly far fetched idea.

And football is religion for a part of the male population in the UK. I especially was aware of it when living in Liverpool.

FullyLoadedUKFullyLoadedUKover 1 year ago

I show add, it was known as a Kirby Kiss to me.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

Thank you for this delightful little story, sir. I enjoyed it, and no goats were harmed. A five from me. Randi.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

That was a nice, well-rounded story. Fair play (as we say in the UK) to Derek for giving Rupert exactly what he so richly deserved! A 5* story.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

oh yeah bob a real good guy lol this was too yucky for me but was well written. she is telling bob that she wont leave her hubby but walks away really easily. idk read like she loved her hubby but then at the end didnt. she might need to talk to a shrink i mean if she was real

LoejtcLoejtcover 1 year ago

Didn’t care for it at all. Financial Auditors do not have the training, knowledge, experience or background to assess non-financial corporate business systems e.g. safety, maintenance, HR, environmental programs. At best they might verbally communicate a random observation but to incorporate it into a formal report would be unprofessional at best , risk a formal complaint or worse.

Derek’s revenge would have been far more devastating had he filed a complaint against KPM and Rupert for divulging confidential HR information. He was publicly humiliated, his marriage destroyed while his cheating wife and her lover were rewarded by their employer. .Not the actions of a reputable company that is concerned with their public image.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Naah, I think he should be happy to be free from a shank slut cunt and a bastard spawn.

Mazerf Akar

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Cathy is a real bitch. What did she expect when he tested sterile. And Bob is an asshole. Derek had his issues but didn't deserve what happened to him.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A fine tale of moral ambiguity. The difference between Cathy's actions with Bob and artificial insemination is in the implementation. The prime moral issue is the shared affection and attraction. Derek's reliance on physical violence to deal with his frustrations carried physical risks for Cathy. This was particularly when Derek threw the crockery cup at her. If he'd hit her it could have caused serious damage. A lot of this could have been avoided if Derek had manned up and had his sperm tested in the first place. Then, a sperm bank would have been a viable alternative. In the end they all behave like humans. We are all flawed and make mistakes of varying levels of consequence.

LMJ

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous