All Comments on 'Gloria's Gift'

by rawallace

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 3 years ago

Wonderful story. I'm not sure how the thought that a woman "belongs" to her love fits with today's thinking. Seems like a thought from years gone by like when my "Lynn" found her sailor. We were together for 47 years and raised 2 kids together. Miss her!

Thanks for the tender love story and reawakening some wonderful memories.

Cheers

SAGE

RubyRedLipsRubyRedLipsalmost 3 years ago
Curious

Wonder why their little girl wasn't named after Gloria?

rawallacerawallacealmost 3 years agoAuthor

Why didn't they name their daughter Gloria?

Many children at some point ask their parents why they were given their names. What would they have said? Gloria had played an important part in their lives. But both of them knew there comes a time when you let the past be exactly that. They had transcended their first relationship and grew it into a successful marriage as Gloria had wished. That was enough.

Would you have seen it differently if you were them? Our children never know everything about our past and most of us prefer they don't.

Rachel

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Maybe I was tired last night or possibly the category it was posted in but I couldn't get into this story. I came back to it this morning and pleased I did. Initially thought it was going to be about polyamory but that was quickly left behind. I wonder if Gloria knew more than the story says and set her friend up deliberately.

Loved it. You're a great writer. 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrawallace@rawallace
UPDATE: It has been a while since I last published a story here. I've returned to the sci-fi genre this time with a short story I hope you will enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments both favorable and not so favorable. I appreciate them all. I enjoy reading a wide variet...