Gloria's Gift

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once again Lynne felt as if something had gone wrong. But what? He had been wonderful to her all night long. She could only take his comments at face value as they had seemed sincere. Yet, there was no suggestion he wanted to do anything more than to enjoy her company. He had limited his affections to holding her hand, hugging, and a kiss. He could have suggested they go to bed, but he had not. Once again Lynne found her mind spinning as she went to bed. Men had always pushed to get her into bed, certainly they had never failed to take her up on the invitation.

She and Darlene went shopping Saturday morning. During lunch Darlene glanced at the bag sitting on the chair next to her. "Did you buy those to wear for your boyfriend? I purchased baby doll sleepwear like that, and my boyfriend had them off me in less than a minute" she laughed, "it was hardly worth the money I spent thinking I needed to seduce him."

Lynne had never worn sexy pajamas before, there was no need to encourage the men she had bedded. Even when she had gone over to Gloria and Bob's house each week she hadn't worn anything special, just her usual bra, and panties. It was a spur of the moment purchase, but she had decided if Bob were to stay the night with her she wanted him to see her in a different way. If he thought she was beautiful before, this time the packaging would tell him even more.

"I'm not sure I have a boyfriend yet. I went out with a guy I've known for quite a while, and we had a good time. I really do like him a lot."

"Is that who the bouquet of flowers was from?"

"Yes, I got another bouquet from him last night at home."

"That is so hot! So romantic. None of my boyfriends have ever done that. He must have something special in mind for you. Something a little spicy I would guess."

Lynne laughed, "Spicy? I don't know what I would call it. I'm not sure he needs spice."

"Well, if he isn't jumping right on you I'd be careful. He's looking for more than a romp in bed for a night, or two."

Once again Lynne found she didn't want to tell anyone about how her relationship with Bob had evolved. That was in the past, something only the two of them knew. All week she had found herself missing Bob, longing for his companionship, his affection, his touch, and smile. A need for him that was different from the way she had ever felt about any other man to this degree. She suspected she was in love with him after their woodland kiss. That feeling had only grown stronger each passing day. When he called, and asked for another date the joy she had felt was overwhelming. The internal battle that had waged within her all week had slowly shifted in one direction.

Another week went by and Bob called her, or she called him each night. They made plans for Friday night early in the week. Bob had been working extra hours on a project into the early evening all week. He was certain he would have it completed by Thursday evening. He told her again he was really looking forward to seeing her. She had replied she couldn't wait to see him. As she hung up the phone she knew she was more than ready to have him hold her. Just the thought of being with him warmed her in a special way, she couldn't wait.

That Friday night had been the most rewarding, and romantic of her entire life. It wasn't like they did anything special, dinner, a short walk, and good conversation. That night they shared a few passionate kisses and snuggled together at her apartment as they drank sodas and watched a movie. Lynne found she felt different, each kiss, squeeze, and gentle fondle as they sat, or lay together rewarding. When Bob prepared to leave for the night he looked at her with a smile.

Would it be alright if I asked you for another date before I leave?

"Yes, but I'm not sure if I want to call it dating much longer. I don't want to see anyone else, even if I were asked, I would tell them no."

"So, what do want to call it?"

"Does it have to have a name? I know how I feel, and it seems as if...well...I belong to you. I don't know if it makes sense, but I like the way it makes me feel."

They shared a final long kiss. Lynne went to sleep that night feeling warm and fuzzy. She did feel as if she was his. It was a feeling she had never allowed herself before—it felt damn good every time she thought of it. Especially when she recalled the expression it had brought to his face. She had made him happy just by being with him.

The week that followed seemed brighter, happier than any before for Lynne. Each time she thought of Bob it made her feel as if there were air under her feet. It seemed as if she couldn't do anything that took her mind off of him for any more than a few minutes. She longed to touch him, to kiss him. For the first time the word love entered her consciousness. She turned the word around in her mind, as if the concept required closer inspection. The fear that Bob didn't find her attractive, or sexually desirable had faded away. She didn't know why she had even had those thoughts. He hadn't given any indication he felt anything but affection for her since that kiss in the woods.

Bob arrived and they prepared to leave. It was then Lynne decided to act.

"Bob, are you terribly hungry?"

"No, I could wait a while, why? Aren't you ready to eat yet?"

'Eating can wait. I want to make love to you," her words soft, confident.

He looked at her with a smile. He didn't looked surprised, but there was hesitation. Lynne wasn't sure what it meant.

"Lynne, do you need to have sex?" he asked quietly.

"No, I've had sex with you. Now, I want something different. I don't need to do this, I want to do this. I want to give myself to you, I want you to know I've changed. I want you to know I love you, and want to be with you. I don't think I can live my life now without you."

If Bob wanted an expression of love to convince him she had changed he had it. He felt his heart beat so hard he was fearful it would jump clear out of his body. He took her hand and let her lead the way to her bedroom.

It was almost two hours later when they walked into the restaurant holding hands. Lynne felt radiant, her smile glowing, her step just a bit more confident. They didn't take in a movie later. They went back to her apartment, kissed, talked, kissed, and then talked some more. They went to bed together for the entire night, falling asleep in each other's arms.

The next day they went to Bob's house for the first time. As Bob showed her around the house Lynne grew excited, it was a beautiful house—the kind one dreams of. It was a four bedroom house, much larger than Bob needed for himself. As they went from room to room Lynne noticed it was sparsely furnished, and made suggestions as to what might look good, and what colors would coordinate with what he did have. He stood smiling, and when she saw his expression she stopped, feeling a little self-conscious.

"Why are you looking at me that way?"

"Because since we've been here, you have been saying 'we' when you talk."

"I have?"

"We can do this, or we should get this. Lynne, you've made us a couple," he said with a satisfied grin.

Lynne stood quietly, he was right, she had. She walked to him and held him tightly. She was on top of the world. That night she stayed with him for the first time, and as they sat lay in bed together after making love Bob looked at her.

"You know, Gloria made me promise I would check on you every three months to make sure you were doing well."

Lynne looked at him in surprise, "Bob, she made me promise the same thing, that I would check on you to make sure you was alright. You don't think she...well..."

Bob, leaned over, and gave her a kiss, "If she's watching us, you know there's a smile on her face."

*********************************

Epilogue: Six years later, as Lynne fixed dinner in the kitchen, Dennis and Thomas walked in whining.

"Mom, Amanda keeps getting into our stuff. She knocks everything down after we build it."

"She doesn't do it to be mean, she doesn't know how to play with you yet. She'll learn, she's not even three. So, have some patience with her, please."

Bob walked in with Amanda in his arms, "Amanda, what do you say to your brothers?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to knock your tower down. The wind must have done it."

Lynne tried to stifle her laugh as she looked at Bob, who was trying to do the same. He placed Amanda on the floor.

"Okay, now all of you go back and play, dinner will be ready in a few minutes, so be ready to get washed up when I call you."

They watched as the kids ran back into the family room.

"Can I help you with anything?" Bob asked as he stood behind her at the counter. Lynne pushed her bottom back into him with a naughty smile.

"You can start with a kiss. We can work on the rest later after the kids are in bed."