All Comments on 'Goerke's Corner Pt. 04'

by R410a

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
MikeManMikeMan5 months ago

What a heartwarming take, love it.

Smiffy69Smiffy695 months ago

Sometimes I wish these stories could go on and on. It’s always sad when they finish and I have to wait for another one to come along.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed5 months ago

Absolutely wonderful! Please come back and tie some future stories into these families. I am sure a retired marine would enjoy a grandson for the golden years.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Wonderful conclusion to your story!

5

Nasty56Nasty565 months ago

Sadly progress as you say is destroying the soul of not only America but many countries… great story!

ender2k2kender2k2k5 months ago

Thank you for this and all your other stories you have shared. I hope you and your family have a healthy and happy holiday season

Seeker81Seeker815 months ago

Fantastic story. Happy Holidays to you as well.

oldsage_1oldsage_15 months ago

I hate repeating myself but another R410a masterpiece! Wonderful fantasy and so well developed and delivered. Thanks for introducing us to this extended group of folks. I hate to see the story end but I know you have others to introduce us to and tell us about. Let the folks in Goerke's Corner live happily ever after! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Cheers

SAGE

des911des9115 months ago

Yes! Just lovely. Thank you very much. A wonderful story.

One has to feel sorry for Rob, surrounded by all those women. He seems to cope pretty well, though.

EVLoverEVLover5 months ago

My day was made when I noticed that Part 4 of this wonderful series was posted this morning. I immediately read it and enjoyed every minute. Like others have suggested, it would be nice to see some more stories in the series and I’m ok if there aren’t.

I can identify with Rob in having to deal with all the estrogen. My wife and I raised two daughters and now have four grandchildren…three granddaughters, ages 9, 7, and 5… and one grandson, age 2 going on 22. Our grandson is a bundle of energy and quite different than his sister and cousins.

Happy Holidays!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Loved it made me cry and smile at the same time

ArmorlaArmorla5 months ago

An excellent trawl through small town USA, Very enjoyable.

IlikecreteIlikecrete5 months ago

Fantastic story

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Have thoroughly enjoyed the series. Well written.

DevDoc69DevDoc695 months ago

Love the story! Hope you write more like it.

lerenardruselerenardruse5 months ago

I love small town life. People are a community. I will reread this from the start again. Great story. I love all the characters.

ArdieffArdieff5 months ago

Very sweet. And enjoyable.

1thaiguy1thaiguy5 months ago

Awesome merry Christmas and hop 2024 brings you nothing but Joy

JohnD46JohnD465 months ago

What a fun story. You made a small town sound perfect. Bought back a lot of memories. Thank you.

RRC2RRC25 months ago

Such a great story. The author establishes a mood that is more than the story, and maintains it. Wonderful.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Great finale! 4.8*

R717

oldpantythiefoldpantythief5 months ago

Sure would love to find my own Goerke's Corner to call home. So sad that that part of America is slowly dying out. It was noted that a well deserved shot was taken at the younger generations work ethic when Rob was trying to hire some for work in the orchard. Loved the story and enjoyed reading it very much, it left a warm feeling when everything goes right. Looking forward to the next story from R410a.

DevilbobyDevilboby5 months ago

A very enjoyable story that deserved nothing less than full marks. Brilliant and fun .

muskyboymuskyboy5 months ago

5/5, very nice, thanks! Merry Christmas!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Loved it. Wonderful job.

Lisa

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank you for the great story.

Fun reading.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wonderful story, 10 stars. The small town aspect is a fading dream. In my childhood, we had 2 small stores, and a restaurant/bar. Now they are closed, never to reopen... PROGRESS? No, it's a SHAME!

1sporticus1sporticus5 months ago

I loved it, a nice feel good story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A five-star read. I found myself anticipating each following installment. If this were a mystery, I'd call it a "cozy;" in this genre, it would be a "linear romance." A straight run to the climax, so to speak, with no real obstacles. Follows in the very fine tradition of SW_MO_Hermit. Check him out. too.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wonderful, as are all your works!

RanDog025RanDog0255 months ago

I have to tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed this story so much I wish it was still going and going! Thank you for another wonderful story. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Alas, in 2023, if a place like Goerke’s Corners isn’t close enough to a thriving major metro area to serve as a bedroom community, it’s probably doomed. The economies of scale in today’s retail leave no space for non-boutique general merchandise small business. For this space to exist, consumers must break their addiction to the lowest possible purchase price.

Fireguy1956Fireguy19565 months ago

A truly wonderful story. Worthy of 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I think this series could cause cavities it's soo overly sweet. Usually a little conflict is expected in any lifetime. These people seem to never have faced any adversity of any kind. That's a bit boring.

RasmatRasmat5 months ago

I learned quickly to expect an interesting and enjoyable story if it has R410a attached to it.

I pity those who, while they can obviously read and write [or type], seem lacking in comprehension or retention to the point they forget their own names. Divorce and/or two plus decades of military service are pretty strong hints of experience with adversity.

A65LBSAA65LBSA5 months ago

I really enjoyed the story. Country living factoid: If the farm is not on municipal sewage, but a septic field, the addition of a garbage disposal, as posited, will destroy the leach field by filling it with food waste.

Some wishes are not to be granted!

linnearlinnear4 months ago

A love when you write about little places like this, it makes me happy to know they're remembered.

Good luck with your surgery.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Loved the story just the kind I like to read. Of course I went through 4 Kleenex but hey, that's part of loving the story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

We don't get many stories like this one, thanks and keep writing.

drycreeksdrycreeks3 months ago

Very entertaining n well written feel good story. Nice job it was enjoyed n appreciated.

MarrttyMarrtty3 months ago

Great story thanks.

Diecast1Diecast13 months ago

Great story, loved it. AAAAAA++++++

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userR410a@R410a
Thanks to all who follow and read my stories.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories

The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
621
Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
788
Outback 
4.87
815
369
Sales Team 
4.83
3.9k
862
More Stories