All Comments on 'Goes Without Saying Pt. 05'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
tompo296tompo296over 6 years ago
Superb

Another stonking story from a superb writer, Thank you Shame that i can only give 5*

blue5766blue5766over 6 years ago
Wonderful

A great story.

I will now have to read all your other ones

m62cygm62cygover 6 years ago
Fantastic

This was one hell of a good story, deserved more than 5 stars for each chapter.Thanks and keep up the fantastic story telling

nreh21nreh21over 6 years ago

Loved it.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awesome and beautiful

I am sorry I have to post as anon but I have forgotten my user name and password.

That whole story was not only crafted skilfully, it was a beautiful and loving narrative throughout. It was compelling and dramatic and I was so grateful that the episodes followed each other without undue delay. Like Blue, I will now set about your other work with excitement and anticipation. I send you my greetings and best wishes from Cumbria where, just at this moment, it is not raining. Geoff aka elsewhere as rheged6.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 6 years ago
Nope

You had me till this chapter. Lots of character development which points to consistent betrayal, still David stays with Celia? What about the future of his children? Why are Celia and Alex given free passes for their betrayal of their widower friend? Even after the reconciliation with David, Celia is still waxing wistfully about Alex; including making offhand comments about sex with him. This reconciliation is not supported by the characters or dialog. The reader should expect better when sticking it out for such a long tale.

KelteriserKelteriserover 6 years ago
great

An absolutely lovely tale!

Loved every bit of it even though bits of it were quite harrowing at times.

Well crafted and well written and now I must add you to my favourite authors and read what else you have written.

Congrats, you should be proud of your work

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
After Chapter 4 I just didn't give a damn.

I've enjoyed every other one of Alwaysraining's stories but without a doubt this was the absolute worst. Well written but painfully executed, with numerous plot and character contradictions and possably the most contrived RAAC of this year.

It goes without saying, the only character I still cared about at the end was Gwen. She was the only likable character except for the parents. David can only be excused as being an idiot and the rest were lying, insuferable fucks.

Characters flip-flop and U-turn, Lies and contradictions abound:

""I said that because of the coldness between us and because I believed you and Alex were an item now, you'd probably be leaving anyway to live with him."

She roused and now looked puzzled. "Alex? Alex and me? Where d'you get that idea?""

- Probably from the fact she was fucking him?

""And Alex," added David. "Bless him, he's supported you all through."

"He's been wonderful," she agreed with a wistful smile, then became earnest. "But Davie, he's not... we're not...""

- Yes, yes, bless him! He's been supporting her on the end of his cock.

""Come to that, I hear that you decided you wanted me that night when we first met and Gwen gave way and went with Alex. But Gwen and I got on famously that night and she could have made the decision to refuse your request.""

- Oh, so now Gwen is a fucking liar? This is the opposite of what Gwen told him, you know the wife he lost, who loved him and never cheated on him, the one he could trust unlike the BS from this slut?

""I learned my lesson with Gary very quickly and I won't make the same mistake again. It's always been you my darling, ever since I came to my senses.""

-Yes, It's always been you, even when I was getting fucked into next week by Alex just the other day.

""Oh, Alex, my darling," she said breathlessly, "I'm so grateful; you've been so good to me over all these months. There aren't any words...""

- No, we all know they didn't speak much.

""By the way, Alex is in Celia's old room, and he's staying overnight." She gave David a meaningful look which he interpreted correctly. That room had a king size bed."

- So disappointing to turn Siân, the moral conscience and voice of reason into just another slut, who hops into bed with the worthles cunt of a "friend" just about as soon as David is out of sight.

""No sign of Alex or Siân yet?" he asked.

"No, I think Siân is more worn out that I was. Alex is quite athletic you know!" She looked horrified for a moment at her admission that Alex and she had been intimate, even though she knew that David knew that."

- 'Cause to reiterate they were totaly just friends and it wasn't a relationship of any kind!

She paused then added, "Siân won't be here, you... Oh, what am I saying? So daft, me. She's at your house isn't she? Is she coming as well?"

"Not sure," he replied. "I think she may stay over here this weekend."

"Oh. Well, I suppose our loss is Alex's gain, isn't it? Bye!""

- And this just takes the fucking biscuit! The Treacherous cunt gets not just a free pass but a fucking reward! Alex has gone above and beyond so we thought it was fair to give him some top pussy for bing such a great friend!

It could have been a good or even a great story but the characters were NOT likable. The parents were probably the best characterised and the Welsh accent pieces were well written but they U-turned too. First they were pushing Siân towards him then at the end seemed somehow to always know he and the slut were meant for each other. David flip-flops in Chapter 4 like an imbecile and swallows every piece of crap Alex, the guy he fucking hates feeds him. Celia was a lying, delusional slut from start to finish, his friends were all lying shits. Ozzie was ass but at least he told the truth. Gwen was the only decent honest, human fucking being of the lot. Even her sister was forced to move aside for the forced RAAC and became a slut for the cunt best friend. And Alex is the worst fucking cunt that ever called himself anyone's friend.

I appreciate the symetry with the start the author was going for in the ending but it needed a far less contived reconcilliation. The author killed it for me with the slut and bastard best friend stabbing him repeatedly in the back. Hell no.

Unlike Alwaysraining's other stories, this was just plain insulting.

Not getting a 5*, not this time.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Well

it's a wild ride relationally but a great story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
I should say

I still wouldn't trust Celia, Alex or any of the rest of that crew. Ozzie is the only one you could trust because he's incapable of keeping his mouth shut. And no, I'm not taking back a girl who is f'ing anyone else while she supposedly loves me. She's betrayed him once. That's on her. Now she's deceived him twice. That's on him.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Even more spinning

Started on a high point and slid steadily down from there

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful, well written story 5*

I do, however, struggle with certain aspects:

- that Celia was fucking Alex all the time wishing to be with David. I don't accept the 'needed support' and somehow doing it on new Years Eve just added to that sense of a further betrayal

- that David so readily fell into bed with Gwen's younger sister, it just left a bad taste in the mouth

- that Sian seduced David when she claimed she knew he loved Celia and that Celia loved him. How perverse is that!

Plus David's stupidity throughout. But a class above most stories on this site. Very well done!

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 6 years ago
Well

Anon 09/30/17 basically hit the nail on the head.

This had the possibility to be a great story but the sleeping with the "best" friend killed it.

Great writing but horrible characters, by the time I got to this chapter I could not care less what happened to them so skimmed it.

Horseman68Horseman68about 6 years ago
Exceptional Story.

As said before, life happens, often is personally messy as far as relationships. This is a great story -- very absorbingt to read. Bravo.

xtchrxtchrabout 6 years ago
No! No! No!

Wow, here is a lesson on how to ruin a good story. Just force a reconciliation with a cheater. I whole-heartedly agree with Anon 9/30/17.

He ends up with a cheater. Did he forget how she dumped him for the ball player...already had her own apartment??? Then she hooks up with his best friend because she still loved him so much??? Talk about his friends, I wouldn't want friends like that. This guy should have flushed the whole lot of them including his so-called best friend and the cheater.

The story started out real well but after he lost Gwen, I kinda saw it coming and began skimming the rest.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 6 years ago
Well done story!

Really enjoyed reading this series. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Goes Without Saying

I agree with arrowglass.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

I really... Reay don't vet the accoladez for this one... I can understand differing tastes... But sometimes i get the feeling that ive woken up in bizarro land... This story was simply a mess... You didn't even come close to staying true to they characters you molded... Their characters and motivations changed every other page...

And his ex trying to get him back by fucking his best friend... In what freakin universe does that make even the slightest bit of sense... The only thing to me that was crazier than this story was the amount of people that thought it was great... Smdh

-jaye-

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Truly well crafted

Please ignore the earlier comment. This was a truly well written story. You showed that people make mistakes and realize what they've done. You further showed that love has no bounds and if you really love someone you will sacrifice for that love. I loved everything about your story development. And you wrapped it up perfectly. Thank you for your gift. This is one of the stories I will always remember. K

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Well written story, I think that in the end with David and Celia being together because she unselfishly came to David when Gwen died and took care of David and the children. Some will say Celia was a cheat, I say she was immature girl and didn't have her head screwed on straight. I believe in the end that the marriage of David and Celia was on firm ground that what was in the past was forgivable and Celia deserved that second chance and that happily ever after. Well written with great characters. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Commenters with brains in their heads

pointed out the flaws in this supposed love story (which is not).

Despicable characters? Yes.

Immature characters? Yes.

Too many unnecessary twists that ruined the story? Yes.

Best friends that act like enemies? Yes.

Good "stupid" guy gets a serial cheater? Yes

Sorry, as interesting a mexican soap opera, but not a love story

dragor90dragor90almost 3 years ago

should've just stopped reading after the first chapter.

zeuspmzeuspmalmost 3 years ago

should have stopped reading after a few minutes..

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hmm... She grew from a shallow, immature, sneaky bitch into a moody, sulky, sneaky bitch. You grab what you can I guess...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The only sane adult was Gwen... and she died.

JusteenKJusteenKalmost 2 years ago

The wedding bouquet was one of the most beautiful things that I have read anywhere.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Wow. I had my reservations in chapter 4, and I generally don't like reconciliation stories, but this one was written so well and masterfully it made me drop my concerns. Character motivations are believable and behavior is not off the wall.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Wow talk about Dumber and Dumberer or would that be Cuck and Cuckerer?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, way to ruin that poor girl's every birthday!

And who the fuck is Cariad?!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

@anonymous - Cariad is an endearment - love, darling, honey - in the Welsh language, which has been spoken in Britain for much, much longer than English has.

Thanks for sharing.

Dixon (UK)

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wrong woman

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The girls always come back to the stable guy once the Chad gets bored.

Of course the stable guy is figuring it out more these days which is a little heartening.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 months ago

What a messed up and twisted story.. Friends switch off with the same 2 girls even if not married or together, it just kind of ruined it for me and not too mentioned all the deceit going on. He would've better off with someone else.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
903 Followers
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories