All Comments on 'Gold for Plastic Ch. 02'

by justthejanitor

Sort by:
  • 254 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Outstanding

Excellent story, one of the best.

Easy 5*****

m1a1m1a1about 10 years ago
fantastic

gave you a 5* on part 1 and part 2,,you did a damn fine job for your first efforts,,reminds me of starstang's writing only a little shorter,,

PLEASE keep on with you writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
F*cking yuck! Matt goes from having some balls to being COMPLETELY nutless!

GAWD! He's sooooooo needy and pathetic!!

He's fine with dating Leanne while she figures out if she wants him or Danny??

I mean she only had sex with Danny, what "once or twice a month"?? )))))

July 4th. Not some whatever day or weekend. July 4th.

And she doesn't even BOTHER to ask him if he'd like to get together with her but goes off to Vegas to bone Danny for the entire weekend??

And he is OK with this and waits like a good little cuck for her to make up her mind?

Make up her mind by trying out Danny's dick a few more times?

Are you f*cking kidding me? That is PURE CRAP!

And for all you cuck loving assholes who will flame me for my comments, when I met my future wife, I KNEW she was "the one" and IMMEDIATELY stopped dating everyone else!

AND SO DID SHE!

No "trying out a few more dicks a few more tims" to make up her mind!

If she hadn't, I would have known I wasn't special enough for me to consider marrying her!!

You turned a great story into garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
haven't enjoyed a story here for quite some time

thanks for breaking the drought.

great work :)

YathinkYathinkabout 10 years ago
Didn't like it

With all of the available women in the world, Matt:

1) takes up with a woman on the rebound

2) who is backsliding (with Danny.)

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 10 years ago
solid not spectacular ending ... perhaps a bit too true to actual life for enervating reading ?

I liked, but didn't love the ending. The narrator is at heart, a bit of a staid soul albeit also a hard working and life goal focused Poindexter. In terms of vicarious, literary highs and lows, that vantage point resides in ex-wife's tale. How did she first got restless with hubby and then swayed to morally dusky side ?

When exactly did she realize Palmer's flash was fool's gold? Here's hoping JTJ will favor us with that cautionary canard one fine day.

oshawoshawabout 10 years ago

Your first submission was a thoroughly enjoyable story. I am looking forward to your next.

Rhsc1Rhsc1about 10 years ago
great read

Good story, realistic characters, and you were able to convey the emotions involved in this category. Now that you have our expectations up, we will be looking for the same in future contributions. Great start...keep 'em coming...5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Became a Nice Little Story

Reminds me of another story that went along the lines of "A life lived well is the best revenge of all". Or something like that. Was kind of hard to follow the timeline. Multiple monthly jumps that made it hard to keep up sometimes. How many years was it since the divorce from Megan? I'm sure it's there somewhere and I may have missed it.

Really didn't have a problem with the way you developed the character of Matt post divorce. I'm sure many will. The revenge on Theresa and Palmer was not enough. So what Theresa got married and divorced in year. She really needed to wake up one morning in a big pile of shit. Palmer, well he was already a bad lawyer, you could have had him lose everything in a legal malpractice case. Or put him in jail for skimming a clients trust account. But the hardware store works also.

Excellent writing for your first outing. And, thanks for not delaying posting the second chapter. Looking forward to more of your work. 5*s again.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Excellent

Tremendous first tale. Although I am all for extreme revenge, this tale proves that it isn't always about burning the bitch. Consequences for her actions and the now happily married ex-husband living out their dreams of home and family was revenge enough. Being a faithful spouse with the right person is a wonderful thing. Happily Matt found this out, and sadly Megan realizes she had it all and blew it.

Awwweee.... Fucking cunt

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Well done

I look forward to more from you. You should also be encouraged by the comments so far, considering comments in the LW section are typically not for the meek...

CreeperclawCreeperclawabout 10 years ago
I Love It

Everyone got their just desserts in the end... I still say that Palmer could've used a nisce sound ass kicking.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
synonym for "got cucked?"

"betrayedbylove"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great! 5

He had his "revenge". Indeed it was a terrible revenge on Megan if you believe the adage "The best revenge is a life well lived." Time is moving quickly and if Megan cannot repent, ask for forgiveness and move on, she will die and old slut having lived a half a life. She violated both ethical and moral laws. She needs to ask for forgiveness from both Matt and God. Matt is the easy one to ask. I do not think she has a clue where to look for God, or that she even needs to look for him.

This story felt very real and resonated within me. I have seen a very similar situation play out in my own life. There was no satisfaction in finding out that someone I had loved had squandered their life. I had seen the woman that she could have been and encouraged her to be that woman. She chose another path and is now a bitter, childless middle aged woman with not much to show for her time on earth. I take no joy in her misery. I now know her choices were based on her upbringing and she was a victim of her parents foolishness as much as she was of her poor decision making. Now, she serves as a channel marker in my life. She is a reminder to be a better parent to my children.

zed0zed0about 10 years ago
Gave You A 5 Anyway

Matt was pretty weak, indecisive, and generally pathetic. It comes as little surprise that his wife would think that he would be okay with her cheating.

Post divorce, his behavior was still pretty pathetic even if his insecurity's were totally justified.

The "twist" when Julie confessed that she was setting Leanne up with Matt, and not the other way around, was totally brilliant.

But any guy (no matter how damaged he is) who would turn down sex, and just hang back, while letting his current potentially serious love interest keep on banging her old boy friend is just plain unbelievable, as well as stupid.

Which is why I'm pretty sure this story was written by a women.

In truth (if you really want realism), the sooner he dicks her and gets some positive endorphin energy/excitement flowing in his direction, the easier it will be for her to dump the old boy friend, and get excited about a new relationship with some fresh new cock.

But over all it was a great story, with a happy ending, and very suspenseful.

The weakness' of the Matt character kept me on edge, as he had the potential to go either way;

As a man! Or A(nony)mouse! I mean wimp!

(Squeak-ums! Squeak-ums! LOL!!!)

rojete15rojete15about 10 years ago
IMO

This shows promise. Clean writing, fleshed out story. The author has the potential to be really good down the line.

That's not to say i didn't enjoy this story, far from it. It is an excellent first submission and, as I said, I hope he continues writing here.

Kudos!

FD45FD45about 10 years ago

Solid workmanlike story.

It had a bit of meander to it, but not much in 6 pages.

I would try to put more 'happening' in the story, but that might be a personal preference.

Thank you and good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
leanne's relationship

i liked the story but leanne's attitude toward denny and their relationship really bothered me...why? because i believe what a person is capable of doing once he/she is capable of doing it again..her having sex with denny and wanting to keep seeing matt...just (for me) puts her in the bitch/slut/whore category..sorry!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Gave you 5 stars because it wasn't a cuck story, but next time try not to make your main male character so indecisively wimpy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
How

is Danny faring?

nonethewisernonethewiserabout 10 years ago
I was wrong

I thought there was nowhere to go with a chapter 2. But I think the author got it spot on and the discussion with Taylor when Matt said that he wanted Megan to have an epiphany and show regret rang very true to me. In many LW stories we get revenge, or a guy who is destroyed, but I bet the real emotion is often pretty much what Matt said. Smart people are not only emotional, they are rational and want some rational understanding.

The romance with Leanne was almost anticlimactic. The expression of Matt's feelings immediately post-divorce was very well done.

5 stars

Richie4110Richie4110about 10 years ago
Wonderful Read

A feel good story that ends "happily everafter".

I can't avoid the thought that this story could go on as the relationship becomes jaded over time that and Danny and/or Megan edges back in to challenge it.

How strong is this relationship given that both have had serious commitments in the past and Matt has had his feelings taken to the jagged edge on these two occasions.

Thanks for the strong effort to entertain. I hope to see more of your stories.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loved it

This was an interesting parallel to the first chapter. He flees his relationship with Meagan and then gets himself into the reverse image of the same kind of relationship. While the character muses over this, it doesn't stop him from remaining in it. He tells his girlfriend that he can't have sex with her unless they are committed, and then several months later she is in Vegas fucking her old boyfriend. And he tolerates this? This guy must be a glutton for punishment. He stays in a relationship with a woman who is fine not having sex with him, but still having sex with her old boyfriend. Sounds like his first wife. Additionally, the lawyer ends chapter one with an incredible speech about how in a divorce you never get what you really want. The offending spouse rarely ever comes back to grovel after realizing the mistake they made in straying. A beautiful speech, beautifully written. And yet, you set the second chapter up so that he actually does get that. His girlfriend mirrors his relationship with Meagan, only she comes back to him after she realizes what she had with Matt and nearly lost. Either you are a very clever writer, or you are toying with the BTB crowd. They were mad at you for not having Matt burn Meagan, but now applaud you for this ending where Matt embraces Leanne for her Meagan-like behavior. Obviously, even BTBers enjoy a good reconciliation tale. Five stars.

CharlieB4CharlieB4about 10 years ago
Lost its momentum.

For me it lost its steam then meandered through the new relationship before foundering on the well worn rock of the hero wins and everybody else loses.

All up a very solid effort 3*

dinkymacdinkymacabout 10 years ago
Great story!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Very Good story

Just one point. In the second chapter he stated….”It became impossible for me to sleep in 'our' bed or eat at 'our' table or even live in 'our' house and I eventually had to move out of the duplex altogether.” , yet towards the end, he stated..” Over the next couple of days, Leanne moved into the duplex with me. She hung her clothes where Megan's used to be and her makeup and shoes .” If he had moved out of the duplex, how was Leanne able to move in and put her things where Megan had? A good editor would catch this continuity error. Keep up the good work.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanabout 10 years ago
Concur with Anon

It's ridiculous for a guy to move on from a wife fucking around, wanting more or less an open marriage, to another woman who only fucked with Danny --- her off and on boyfriend ---- a few times a month, when Danny called.

Both women are weak characters, hanging on to men who liked to be able to fuck around, while keep them dangling. And the husband/hero in the story is an even weaker guy who, during the months he's in a flux with these women, mostly masturbated and cried himself to sleep.

It's really pathetic, sorry.

As noted by others, the WRITING is very good. Story is just idiotic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Excellent writing

Very well written. A couple of typos (i.e. you're where it should be your), and given the website and subject matter, wish there was more sex. However, enjoyable read.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Danny

To those who blast our hero for putting up with Leanne "cheating" with Danny, remember, he knew she was in a relationship with Danny when they started dating, it was HIS choice not to have sex until she decided to commit to him.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 10 years ago
Oh yeah, very good.

To be honest, I found the first chapter to be not very original; I mean how many stories have we read where the hubby goes upstairs to find his wife with the guy who she's been flirting with at a party...but, it was still very well written and I thought it still deserved 5*. This chapter; however, I thought was done extremely well. Your well thought out explanation of his emotional state after the divorce was excellent. Once again you get another 5* from me. I hope to see more from you.

MattressThrasherMattressThrasherabout 10 years ago
Very well written

I found this story very enjoyable and well written. I look forward to more stories from you.

maninconnmaninconnabout 10 years ago
Great story

Strong characters, I liked that Leanne gave her best to Danny before calling it quits, and I liked that Matt didn't compromise his integrity with either woman. Perfect that he be rewarded with the family of his dreams.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 10 years ago
Different but Realistic

Somewhat different tale with some real issues. Not your usual story. Well done.

JusttooldJusttooldabout 10 years ago
good

This story was written very well as it explained how the guy truly felt about the situation that was happening to him. It almost felt like a real life story with all the heart ache and how he survived it.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
A plesurable read

Nice first story. It was kind of obvious that Megan would be crying her eyes out for her lost garden and children and did not need the underlining except for the BTB crew.

Personally I found Matt to be another average nice guy. I get the feeling that many readers only want to meet alpha-males in the stories.

Gave it five stars despite the lack of originality, but there was one thing I did not understand. Why was there a trial after the shooting at Gabriel's? The shooter was dead. Or did the author mean inquest?

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Oh yes

I forgot to say that I was uncomfortable about the fact that early on Matt did not insist on Leanne revealing his existence to Danny. Otherwise he is in the same role as Palmer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
trash both

chapters of this crappy wimpy excuse for a human man tail.

1 star

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 10 years ago
what was the difference between his wife and girlfriend?

His wife cheated on him, she was having sex with her lover and wanted him to except it. How was the GF any different, she was cheating on her boyfriend. She was with Matt and her BF at the same time, so what's the difference? I give the GF credit for one thing, she dumped the ex-BF before she fucked Matt. But in the end Matt traded one cheating whore for another. I gave it a 3 because its very well written.

Sidney43Sidney43about 10 years ago

Well, I see some of the haters are here, dishing out "one star" punishments anonymously. To provide a bit of balance, I thought the story was well written and just a bit different in the developing relationship, which made it interesting. The lawyers advice to him was spot on and very realistic, but hard to follow when you are the one in that situation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
2 cjhapters and yet dear annony reads trhem all knowing

full well it's a cuck story. He has to be one himself because he gets off on them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
confused

Mention of a trial confuses me. If the shooter died, who is there to prosecute? They don't prosecute the dead. Not last time I checked.

bobajotbobajotabout 10 years ago

I can't quite figure out why somebody getting rid of a wife that needed dumping sets himself up for a repeat performance with a girlfriend. Some kind of masochist? Real men looking for a long term relationship don't do this stuff a woman is either with them exclusively or history it's that simple.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 10 years ago
You did what you had to do.

You dug the bitch wife such a deep hole in chapter 1, this chapter almost had no where to go. The problem? It became a straight line with no twists, turns, or surprises. Let's recap. The wife cheated. He divorced her, felt shitty for some time, got over it, remarried and is happy, and the ex-wife is not. That plot sound familiar? It's pretty common and still works.

The thing the writer needs to do is find a twist, or a confrontation or something to make the story different from the rest. This was a decent read, but it stuck to the standard plot. The only part that kept my interest was how he allowed himself to fall into the same situation, except he was the other man the second time around. Dating a woman sleeping with another man seemed really odd. He might as well have kept his wife if he wanted a woman that had sex with someone else. His wife was very willing to do that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Did Danny know?

Did Danny know about Leann's involvement with Matt while he was still with her? I would have issues with someone who could do that. Well written thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Leanne

Nice effort but I would have dumped Leanne . The whole finding out where we stand trip to Vegas thing was too much like his ex.

fifteen16fifteen16about 10 years ago
Casual dating.without commitment.

Sure most of us have done that but Leanne had been in an intimate relationship with Danny for some considerable time, then she stars casual dating again. This continues not for days or a few weeks but for months. What were his so called friends thinking about setting Matt up with her while he is still emotionally upset. I agree with Huedogg2, there is not much difference between Leanne and Megan if you look at it from Danny's point of view, did he know about Matt, we don't know. There is easily a third chapter here where years later Leanne bumps into Danny and uncertainty comes back and then poor old Matt is on hiding to nowhere and ends up in a pokey little apartment on his own and Danny bringing up his children. I would not touch Leanne with a ten foot barge pole.

Good writing, enjoyed the story.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
Well written if a bit stock

Step 1 - take a standard LW plot line

Step 2 - add standard verbiage

Step 3 - edit and publish

Step 4 - read comments

Well written and very readable even though it is cookie-cutter.

eightytuneseightytunesabout 10 years ago
Shouldn't Have Been About Megan

That chapter 2 had closing about Megan while he is holding Leanne and his son isn't what the story should have ended on.

Seemed to be too much flashback at the end. That Megan stood back and cried is good therapy for Matt, what he needed to move on to "Finding my dream again ".

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 10 years ago
Good First Story

I agree with maninconn's comment. Realistic character development and good ending. Good thing he and Meg had no children.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
THIS IS A MOVING ON ROMANCE AND NOT A LOVING WIFE STORY

Where is Megan??????

Her straying with a married rich guy intrigue would be more interesting than this moving on piece.

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago
3*

Good first effort and well written at that but a big letdown from chapter 1. The whole Leanne/Danny subplot was pretty weak tho. Him dumping a cheating wife who wanted 2 men and they hooking up with a woman doing exactly the same is pretty lame as was Leanne taking months to decide what she wanted.

pumpop201pumpop201about 10 years ago
Very enjoyable.

This is one of the better stories that I've read on this site. I'm looking forward to your next submission.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good

It was a good story, I see by the remarks that you had a few non believers, Don`t turn into a Stang or Matt. Do your own thing and don`t go into the long and drawn out stories like Stang. Maybe the next story can be a crash and burn story of the wife like Huggdog.

kelchakelchaabout 10 years ago
Very Nice Ending

She is just a little more than nothing to him now - just rates a small smile for her pain. That was a really nice touch, cause if he took great joy in her pain, that would mean he was still heavily invested in her.

Ignore the negative shit about your character's weakness, wimpiness, etc. It's just shit and washes off. I would like it better if YOU were strong and wrote what you wanted. I have given top scores for stories I hated. My all time favourite was HDK's Eleanor Rigby, even though I hated the second part. Those burn the bitch stories are ones you skim, hoping to find something good in the crap - or just skip all together after the author is recognized.

Thanks for a fine story and for characters who are not superior beings like those male gods in that car guys stories.

More stories please.

Kelly

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
How much better was Leanne really?

Leanne enjoyed the luxury of playing with two men just like Megan. In both cases, Matt was getting the short end of the stick. Partnerships have to be fair. If they are not they will not hold up. I wonder about Leanne's character and how she will perform in the future. If things don't go her way will she start another emotional affair with another man, then jump ship when she is ready? This is a very common scenario for women. They don't have the guts to go it alone. So they hop from one relationship right into another unless they are one who is getting dumped. People suck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A very enjoyable read

You're not just a janitor (not that that's a bad thing) but I think you're a pretty good writer too. Kind of surprised by the backlash from some of the reviewers; especially those who post on this sight (HDK). But I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion. Mine, I usually enjoy the BTB scorch the earth endings; especially with the way Megan was portrayed in the first story. But you ended the story with Matt being happy and Megan getting what she deserved. I look forward to your next submission. BDEarth

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 10 years ago

Matt's thoughts in the last paragraph were spot on. Charles gave him some good advice earlier in the story.

There is nothing wrong with Matt having sympathy for Leanne or cordially speaking to her. He is the better person by not letting what Leanne did rule his behavior. Leanne was the one left crying in the store because she knows she screwed up. Seeing Matt happy with his family was a slap in the face at how stupid and selfish she was.

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteabout 10 years ago
Trial?

The shooter was dead. No way to have a trial. That's a minor plot flaw though. The story is okay although a bit dull.

Bill1104Bill1104about 10 years ago
We are fortunate

We are fortunate here to have so many wonderful story tellers and it appears that we have a wonderful new one.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 10 years ago
Entertaining

Entertaining tale, would have enjoyed more on the details of whore wife number 1 as the shininess of her boyfriend wore off. And another commentor pondered on whether danny new about our intrepid hero, or had he become another palmer. But, good tale, live a good cheater mystery.

RePhilRePhilabout 10 years ago
Everyone is safe if not all are happy

As it should be! Please Sir may we have another!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I still

would have left Palmer dead.

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
Awesome tale with a great ending!

I like happy endings, and this was definitely one of the best! Karma has a funny way of catching up with cheaters, too. Great job, JTJ. Looking forward to more from you.

5 HUGE Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good read, thank you!

Well crafted IMO.

While the ‘consequences’ for the ex and her paramour were understated for my taste ( I tend to enjoy a more TTB punishment for cunts like Megan) I found the alternative to the usual testosterone fueled confrontation with the sinner begging forgiveness through tears and snot, while telling of her epiphany and newfound understanding of her heartless ways, refreshing.

Were I you, I would read and heed only those criticisms with something to say. Don’t pay any attention to Anons who curse your writing because they didn’t get the ending their shriveled egos crave. Anyone who cannot separate writing skill from storyline and outcome has nothing to teach.

I found the conversations that He and Leanne held interesting. Quite enlightened in this genre… apparently, in LW, no one communicates when these circumstances obtain… the women all become sex addicted sluts with nothing to say that isn’t vapid and vitriol tinged, meant only to document their culpability and to twist the knife; the men all become testicle brained knuckle walkers roaring about their ‘rights’ and plotting revenge without a thought for the cost. His explanation, to Leanne, of his unhappiness about the direction that their relationship was taking was reasoned, and as well spoken, polite, as might be expected in the situation. THIS WAS A HARD DECISION FOR HIM TO MAKE… and that, my friend , is what DRAMA is all about! Good effort!

He had no reason to be ‘mad’. He knew they weren’t exclusive from the beginning. Cucky? Not even… they weren’t intimate; how could that possibly be stretched?

She had nothing to be ashamed of… she had told him of her relationship, again, from the beginning. The weekend she went to Vegas was not unreasonable… she was still seeing, and intimate with, another man that he knew about. No one has any reason to be ANGRY. Disappointed, yes, unhappy, yes, resolved to get out of this situation, absolutely.. and that is what he did. He held out for what HE defined as an acceptable relationship between them, and THEY got what HE wanted… and it may prove to be a winner.

This is a great example of how REAL men deal with emotions: anger, jealousy, disappointment, loss. He dealt with each in a reasonable way, rather than letting his hormones rule…

Storyline: 3.5 to 4 I would have liked to see Palmer on a gurney in the ED, ha ha!

Writing quality 4.8 Good dialogue! Real conversations rather than derivative drivel.

I hope that this didn’t take you 6 months to write, or that it’s the only one you’ve got… would like to see more.. soon!

Thank you for your efforts!

justthejanitorjustthejanitorabout 10 years agoAuthor
A couple of errors

I appreciate the feedback.

As soon as I posted the story, I realized I'd made at least 2 errors when I did some last minute editing. First, as at least one poster has pointed out, I had the shooter turn the gun on himself, which pretty much obviated the need for a trial. Second, I had Matt move out of the duplex just after Megan left, but later on had Leanne moving her stuff into the duplex.

Sorry about that.

Again, thanks for the feedback

Black_Dragon_PrincessBlack_Dragon_Princessabout 10 years ago
omg 5*!!!!!!

I loved it hun and keep up the good work! ^^

It was good to see that there was a trial too -- most likely since the shooting happened on Gabriel's property and he was enabling the cheaters..... so a liability lawsuit would be the proper course of action against him.

anywho sweetie I will be lookin out for more stories from you :3

Mustang88LXMustang88LXabout 10 years ago
it was painful to read.

The first chapter ended like it should. However this chapter just solidified how much of a winey little bitch Matt is. He has to be a latent Masochist. Putting him into the same situation as his marriage even haphazardly shows he is pathetic. And his so called friends pushing him into it doesn't say much for them. The only good part was the end with the selfish heartless cold x-wife Cunt. But Leanne is just the same as Megan she just chose the convenient option with Matt. She played him and now with kids, owns him completely. Once they grow up a little and are in school she will need some fun and excitement that fembag emotional Matt can't provide and will start playing with other guys. She owns Matt with having kids and will use it against him. She has the court's on her side so she can do anything she wants and being the fembag Masochist. He will wimp out and follow what ever the Cunt wife wants. And that's sad. That's just my view on it and hope you keep writing. Just give the next guy a little more balls. Thanks.

green117green117about 10 years ago
good story, if a bit understated in the emotional discourse

But perhaps my view is driven by the fact that I don't go play video games obsessively to deal with grief.

The payoff of the story is the quiet and no stress encounter at the end with Megan - he has moved on. The fact that he has moved on is the drive for the break down of Megan - he didn't express any regret, even any nostalgia, for his life with Megan. This devalues her relationship with him, which she may have been romanticizing in her mind.

In light of all of the above, the fairly cool emotional tone works to solidify the lack of emotional resonance at the Megan-protagonist meet... but all kinds of story opportunities up to then were passed on (for example, the divorce was made almost an afterthought in the narrative) as a result.

I do agree that the flip side, the sturm und drang possibilities of Megan's story, seem well worth the effort of pursuing. It would be an interesting challenge (and I suppose I challenge the author to do it) to make the Megan character sympathetic, overall.

The comments suggesting that Leanne was "cheating" on the lead by having sex with her boyfriend says something about the people making the comments, not the story. Up to the point where they were physically intimate, they were being good friends, with an undercurrent of a potential relationship. While I might fault Leanne for contemplating becoming physical with the lead (presumably to help break it off with the old BF) before the formal commitment, it is quite common in my experience for people to want to have the new relationship in the bag before finally killing the old one.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
4*s

Very good, pulled strongly on the old heart strings.

You have the basis for a story about Megan and her rasputin Theresa. It could go

in any direction and would be very interesting! Just a thought. Hope you write something else soon, I am

AMerryMan

blkhrtblkhrtabout 10 years ago
hell yeah

Some bitch never stop their yappings. I am talking about Mustang88LX. They never learn to leave the story or create some constructive comments where the story is lacking, at least from their POV. You don't have to be writer to judge a story. But you can at least touch some basics of psychology before making a comment. Mustang88LX thought Matt is faulty character. But why? A person cannot be a superman. Even Superman messed up superbly. This piece of writing shows fears of normal man. Slave owner ~ those words does not belong here. One should never gave up his/her trust. Or else you fucked up..... royally. Matt never did. But I cannot say that for our friend Mustang88LX.

shanebrumdershanebrumderabout 10 years ago
Fantastic

Straight-forward and to the point, with enough meat to it to make it an enjoyable read. I would love to read more from you. Please keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
My 2 Cents

I enjoyed both chapters. The comparison between Leann and Megan is at best superficial. Megan was a married woman in a committed relationship. She cheated on her husband and after discovered wanted to continue with his consent. LeAnn was not in an exclusive relationship with either Danny or Matt. According to the story Matt knew about Danny and Danny had agreed they should both date. All she did with Matt was date. True this was more his idea than hers. The trip to Vegas was a slap in the face and he responded accordingly. she was forced to decide and did. She then committed to Matt.

x_witless_xx_witless_xabout 10 years ago
Once again - how's Danny faring?

So Matt did a Palmer on Danny. Screwed around with someone else's relationship. Leanne is a two timing round-heeled slut despite Matt's noble intentions. How's Danny's pain? How's his anguish at losing a girl he tried so hard to keep? Just wondering..

phill1cphill1cabout 10 years ago
Really enjoyed the story...

Because of the realism. MOST real-life episodes don't end with satisfying revenge. In real life, the first wife probably would have had exactly the same thing happen: lived well until the money well dried up. Or maybe it never dries up. In either way, people move on and our feelings are really unimportant to them. We have to live with that. It doesn't make us weak; it strengthens us.

The narrator was NOT weak. Not with his first wife nor his second. He entered into a relationship, made inviolate rules for sustaining it, and followed through without violence or other weak responses. His second wife realized what she wanted and eventually moved to get it. All reasoned and strong responses.

I don't like the premise that you must obliterate anyone to be "strong". That need is one that weakens a person.

Anyway, great story and I totally appreciate that you made Chapter 2 about HIS journey and not about revenge on her. That was the best ending one could hope for. And I appreciate that you were able to get it out to us quickly.

x_witless_xx_witless_xabout 10 years ago
Hey - you don't spend

a lot of money on a trip to Vegas with a girl (including the mandatory ninety bucks for the ceremony) unless you have fine intentions. Danny is in love, dude. Would have given his life for her...she's very lucky he's a gent and doesn't get upset when she agrees to go 'all the way' to Vegas and yet won't put out. Not even a lousy bj for fuck's sake. And why? Because her mind is on Matt. Matt's winning - Danny is brushed off. He cooly leaves our drama, stge left. Just walks away I assume.

So the happily ever after except the cheaters stuck in my craw.

There was a lot of self-pity (superbly wrought by author) and damn near pussy like behavior on the part of the husband at times. He loses my vote when he doesn't fuck her when she's wanting him to cos he's so far up his own noble ass and must do no wrong - less we find fault with our credulity we are hastily corralled down the inevitable path of LW serotonin buzzez. The faithful (at last) wife - the garden the rug rats etc the weeping haggard ex - don't get me wrong, if it's done well ..and this is..

I'd like this talented author, this wringer of emotions, to write some more. What do you think, Duna, you dear old Hungarian goat milker? 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

more chapters to where leanne dies during child birth and matt help ask megan to come and help raise tommy and the baby

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Really enjoyed this story

After reading some comments; I think some just want to read way too much drama.

Realistic: There are some good noble guys out there; like Matt in this story, that won't just jump into bed with a woman the first chance the oppurtunity arises and, desire a lasting relationship.

FullCircle56FullCircle56about 10 years ago
Very Good!! Keep It Up!!

This whole story was awesome. Ok a few weak parts but overall a great tale. You've just had some of the best authors who post here make favorable comments so I hope we can continue to hear from you. I also think the post divorce Matt's thoughts were brilliant.

Outstanding story!! 5 big stars!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great Story

Keep writing. Loved it.

BBbrainbillBBbrainbillabout 10 years ago
Pleasurable read

Great story, and a real pleasure to read without the distractions of poor spelling and bad grammar. I haven't seen any your previous writings but hope you continue to keep up this EXCELLENT writing! 5+ stars.

MitchFraellMitchFraellabout 10 years ago
Excellent

A well told story. Ch 1 ended as it should, by not taking Megan back. Ch 2 described the competition between Matt and Danny for Leanne most realistically. One of them was going to miss out, it was Danny. That's the way it is sometimes.

FireFox59FireFox59about 10 years ago
Good Tale

Enjoyed your first story. But I was screaming for a BTB and her "friends" after the first chapter.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 10 years ago
OUTSTANDING STORY

Even tho I am a burn the bitch guy, the story was believeable. I was lucky to not have competition when I found my 2nd wife. I sure could see this story as a result. Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
You did a superb job

I gave you a 5for a great first story. What I do not get is his pursuit of Leanne who was still involved with another guy ,he was not doing the same as his ex but at least he held off sex till she committed to him. He liked her and eventually won her over , but why bother it could have Backfired on him . And the other guy is now felling pretty bad.

Bev59Bev59about 10 years ago
Great job

Leanne's a very lucky woman. xo Bev

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good story,

but for someone who didn't want to share his wife he sure spent a long time sharing his girlfriend with someone else.

To be consistent he should never have stood for it.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 10 years ago
Good Start

Enjoyed. You develop characters and express feelings well. Moved along crisply. I look forward to more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Very well done!

Really liked it. Great and credible story with believable characters. Hope to see more from this author.

Lewy123Lewy123about 10 years ago
Well done

Its good to see some really good stories still make it on lit

svg1svg1about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

The score and the amount of good comments say a lot for a story like this. Both the divorce and the courtship were realistic, and the way a decent person might handle it. There's really no comparison between the divorce and the courtship- they are universes apart. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author. BTB may be fun to read at times (my wife gets a kick out of it) but in real life just not a good idea. With my divorce (now decades ago) it crossed my mind briefly, but I just decided to let Karma take it's course. As it turned out, Karma was far more brutal than I could have ever been, and I was further ahead spiritually because I never caused any of it. I gave both chapters 5*

shareher4funshareher4funabout 10 years ago
Very good story, a lot to like, only 1 criticism

I want to be clear that I like it 99%. But it doesn't seem to fit that he would share his girlfriend. More likely he would have bolted from that circumstance.

Please write more; you are good!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great story !

Very well written with good character development ,, I liked both of them very much .. the touch of finally seeing Megan again and learning she did have regrets was the perfect ending ,,, and the guy now had what he always wanted, a loving committed relationship .. Well done !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Enjoyed your tale!

You write an engaging story that keeps me interested. Write more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Bravo

Your story engaged my imagination. Well done and well crafted. Looking forward to more. 5x5

Txs

ken philipsken philipsabout 10 years ago
Sorry But This 2nd & Final Chapter Fell Down Badly For Me

Although I don't subscribe to the inflexible attitudes of the hero, I know there are plenty who don't have the self esteem or ego to handle what Megan did & wanted. He moved on, eventually after a lot of pain finding a new partner. All this, I could understand and it was well written especially his struggle to get over Meg given his uncompromising morals (his problem). If the story ended there, bewdy. Perhaps 4* for good writing & reasonable storyline. But then, you just had shit all over Meg and her friends, degrading legitimate alternative lifestyles and maybe showing your true colours! True love does not always go like that. Trust me. Sorry, lost me right there with the murders, & Meg & her BF being destroyed & miserable. Ken

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
ken phillips, i couldn't disagree more

as far as i'm concerned, these alternative relationships have an incredibly high rate of failure. People who prefer self-interests and open the door to outside influences often end up disenfranchised and alone. Sure, there are the exceptions, as always, but it's usually not a winner.

I think the janitor set it up fine. It is vain, useless people who pursue and cling to glamorous lifestyles such as he described. Palmer was just his wife's peacock, and when she changed her mind, left him high and dry.

The Janitor didn't burn them all to the ground, he just let the characters move on to what I feel would have been their eventual destination anyway, and gave the story closure by touching on them.

There was no spy gear, no karate, no lotto.

Just good storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
hmmm

I have known several women that did such a thing, left their husband, even children, only to find their life turn to ash and pain.

Long term regret and not a one ever found even a portion of the happiness they knew before they threw their lives away.

Someone mentioned alternative lifestyle? That is valid, if both partners agree, in advance. Anything else is cruel, selfish, greedly,and frankly quite a bit sociopathical.

Given the extreme uncaring attitude for someone they professed to love.

Good story, well done, needed more revenge on Palmer though, :)

jsmythe300jsmythe300about 10 years ago
Hm ken?

@ken

Simply because you do not agree with a 'mundane' lifestyle does not mean that you are in the majority my friend. If you allow your wife to cuckold you and enjoy it then that is your choice and you should probably stop reading 'consequence' stories where the adulterers get what is coming to them whether through direct action by the jilted husband or through karmic means.

I enjoyed this fine story and gave it 5 stars.

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
I agree with Jsmythe and the Anon "I couldn't disagree more"

@Ken Phillips

My wife is an attorney, and most of the Divorce cases she's worked on involve one or more of those "legitimate alternative lifestyles" that you're defending, Ken. If you don't like tales by guys who don't want to share their wives, and actually have this thing called "self-respect", then that's on you. You're definitely in the minority on this issue.

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago

@Ken Phillips

Is that the best trolling you can do?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous