Good Day Sunshine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The biggest reason I wasn't surprised was the conversation I overheard one day when I came from work early on a hot Saturday afternoon. Shannon and Serena were sitting by the pool. They appeared to put together an impromptu pool party. Serena's two closest friends, Beth and Amber, were there in small bikinis, as was Shannon's younger sister, Laura. A couple of neighbors, both women in their 30s, were also there.

I decided to listen in on the conversation before taking a small cooler of beer out and chatting with the women. The topic of the conversation was a real eye-opener. They were discussing how they'd like to go to a beach someplace far away where they would be able to go topless without being found out by family, friends and the people with whom they worked.

Serena and her two lovely friends were the most vocal about how much fun it would be and how it would be an experience they'd never forget. I was quite surprised when Shannon and Laura agreed with them and talked about how exciting it would be to behave so much differently than the usual boring suburban housewives.

That conversation I overheard that day by the pool rattled around in my head as I fell asleep. It seemed that Shannon was a bit of an exhibitionist. That caused me to wonder if most women were that way, or was it limited to women with nice shapes, lots of confidence and the opportunity to act on those urges.

Serena and Shannon picked me up at the hospital to go home. I was given a list of prescriptions I needed to get filled. I had instructions on diet and exercise for the immediate future and I promised to follow up with my family doctor regularly.

Shannon helped me in the front door where I was surprised to see most of our closer friends and relatives. Everyone expressed their concern and wished me a rapid recovery. I shook hands and greeted people until my strength began to peter out. At that point, I plunked down into my favorite chair to rest. It wasn't intended, but I fell asleep.

When I awoke I briefly listened to the conversation and what I heard raised my ire. Shannon was essentially being attacked by both her family and mine for her "bad behavior" in Las Vegas. It was obvious from the conversation that the videos had found their way into the hands of most of our visitors.

"Married women don't parade around with their chest uncovered, especially in a place full of strangers," Shannon's father lectured. "You may as well have a tattoo on your forehead, or ass, or both, saying you're available and easy. It's just asking for trouble. You're the reason Dave was shot."

"Jack's right," my father piled on as soon as Shannon's father stopped talking. "Decent women don't show their boobs off to everyone who might want to see them. My granddaughter needs a good role model. Her mother in videos showing her topless around a bunch of strangers sends the wrong message. I'm very disappointed in you."

Shannon was just standing there taking it all in. Tears were making their way down her cheeks as she trembled slightly. She was her reaction when she was saddened and stressed to the max. It broke my heart to see and hear my wife being treated like she was some kind of pariah. The thing that really pissed me off was that it was our own family treating Shannon so cruelly.

"Everyone here needs to shut the fuck up or get the hell out!" I roared as I regained my feet and walked to stand by Shannon.

"Jack, who owns this house you're standing in at the moment?" I demanded.

"Well, it's your house, Dave," Jack answered without trying to conceal his confusion.

"Wrong answer, Asshole!" I snarled. "This house belongs to your daughter, who happens to be my wife, and me. You're in Shannon's fucking house right now and calling her things which are totally unacceptable.

"You have several options. You can get the fuck out of our house and stay out, you can try your luck treating me like shit, or you can apologize to Shannon."

"I was just pointing out how her actions..." Jack began.

"You're on thin ice, Jack. Preaching wasn't an option. Get the hell out now or apologize to your daughter."

"Son, he's just..."my father tried to interject.

"You're next, Dad," I warned. "No one speaks shit to, or about, my wife in our goddamn house. What's it going to be, Jack?"

"I was wrong, Shannon. Your husband loves you and he's right. This is your house and I owe you respect and consideration. If I can't give you that, I shouldn't be here. I apologize."

Shannon rushed to her father and hugged her as her mother, Susan, grabbed me in a fierce hug of her own. "That's how a man stands up for his wife. You're a good man."

The groan I involuntarily emitted when Susan pressed her bosom against my wound caught everyone's attention.

"Grandma, I think your boobs were creating undue pressure on Dad's chest," Serena observed.

"These girls have reduced more than one man to Jell-O," Susan quipped as chuckles replaced the tension that had dominated the atmosphere.

"Shannon, I want to apologize before Dave tosses me out on my ass. I was way out of line. You make my son happy and you gave us a beautiful granddaughter," my father stated.

"Everyone seems to laboring under the mistaken impression that I'm upset that Shannon let her hair, as well as her top, down in Vegas. The truth is you'd never know she did if it weren't for that piece of scum, Harold Blake."

I had experienced an epiphany when the two dads were hammering on Shannon. Since I loved her so much and I understood her a little better than I had a few weeks ago. I was going to make some lemonade out of lemons.

"Shannon has a wonderful figure. I challenge anyone who saw the videos of her topless to argue that point. She and I are both proud of her shape. I think most attractive women like Shannon harbor some exhibitionist tendencies. It's obvious that Shannon does.

"When she told me she was going to Vegas, I encouraged her to visit that club where she could go topless without anyone back home ever knowing. It turns me on to know men like looking at my wife, as long as I'm the only man who enjoys her charms up close and personal.

"If you want to criticize someone for the good time Shannon had in Vegas, try me. We decide things together and it's based on what makes us happy, not what makes random friends and family happy."

Shannon looked at me in shock as I spoke. Serena broke into a big grin and glanced at Shannon's mom. The two women exchanged nods. Their silent communication skills were well known in our family.

Everyone else was still trying to digest my little revelation. There were looks of surprise, amusement, and approval greeting me.

"Since the cat's out of the bag, you may as well know that in August, Shannon and I are going on a two-week vacation. We're going to the island of Kokomo. The island is well known for its beaches, many of which are clothing optional.

"When we return, we won't have any tan lines," I declared. "If any of you have a problem with our life choices, state them now. Tell us why we're sick puppies and need help."

"I think it's a great idea, Dad. Mom will have a great time freeing her nips and being ogled by horny men while she has you close by for protection," Serena predicted.

"Thanks, Serena. It means a lot when our daughter understands and encourages our bacchanalian pursuits."

"I can hardly wait," Serena added. "You promised I could go on our next family vacation. You also told Beth and Amber that they could go with us if they paid for their airfare. We'll have a blast."

I was about to put my foot down on Serena going to a topless beach. I immediately realized that I would be reacting like Jack if I voiced concerns about my 19 year old daughter going to a topless beach.

"I'd be the world's biggest hypocrite if I offered anything but encouragement, Serena," I managed as I thought about the private talk I'd have with her later.

I was torn by my possible choices. Beth and Amber topless were visions I wanted to experience. I was concerned about Serena walking around uncovered, however. I was considering telling her this trip was meant to be a romantic get-away for Shannon and me. What I heard next made me glad I hadn't yet mentioned that thought.

"Sis, would you mind if I tagged along?" asked Shannon's divorced and very well built sister, Laura.

12