All Comments on 'Good Enough?'

by cpete

Sort by:
  • 171 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A Good Laugh

The best part of any cpete story is the dialogue. I wish he would write more.

mmbny47mmbny47over 5 years ago
I love this quote

"Looks like it's true the only difference between porcupines and BMWs is that with porcupines the pricks are on the outside."

The way I see BMW drivers act that quote fits sooooo well !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Only thing missing...

...was rimshot sound effects for the one-liners.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
After he gave her the money?

She pulled a gun out of her bag and put a bullet between Dean's eyes, thus ending his life. Stupid story with no thought given to what happens when you push rat's into corners. Horrible ending.

1 star

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
"The Jim"

True fact. There's a bar in my town, near my son's apartment, called "The Office." Same rationale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Deans job was good enough, but his personality wasn't. I like a BTB, but at the end, Barb seemed humble and someone I would want as a friend, and Dean I would have no use for. The story was entertaining to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
oh, stfu anon below me

'his personality isn't good enough' just like dean said, you try being brained in the head with a lamp, spend over a year in the hospital. wake up dizzy all the time. have frequent headaches. have a limp. all because someone that claims to love you, decided to bring her lover into your home.

if you're so much better...give me the name of YOUR wife. i'll bed her for you, bash you over the head with a lamp, and we'll see how amazingly positive your outlook on life is afterwards. sheesh.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
wow there are some real retards in the world

anybody that finds fault with Dean was dropped on their head at birth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Dean Is Ungrateful

I do find fault with Dean, and for good reason. The guy is undeniably ungrateful to the future-former for the lengths she went too to provide the better care not covered by insurance. She could have protected herself and left him even worse off. He turned himself into a bitter asshat while she showed remorse. I am not saying her remorse was sufficient for forgiveness, but it was sufficient to show Dean as a bitter wallowing unlikable asshat. I have no sympathy for him at all. Everybody has shit in their lives, some people turn it into fertilizer for something good, others spend their lives just smelling like shit. Dean, meet shit.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
as I state again ......RETARDED,,,,,,,,,Dean is ungrateful

WOW, not one working brain cell left in that comment

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
What a downer nobody wins in fact just who is biggest loser

Well written so I gave it 3 stars but I read for enjoyment to escape the reality of our society

No escape here

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Again

I think Dean took completely the right attitude after her cheating. If she doesn't cheat, then he and whitehead don't get hurt. There is no divorce and Shelly isn't ruined. There is only one person at fault and she pays.

fritz51fritz51about 4 years ago
@ anon 10-4-19

No sympathy for Dean at all? Where do these readers come from?

Let me suggest that you be placed in his shoes: Devoted husband, providing a lucrative life for an ungrateful bitch of a wife. Your selfish self centered spouse gets a bug up her ass concerning a former girlfriend's decision to dump YOU which leads her to "get even" with YOU by fucking shithead, in YOUR house, in YOUR bed.

Fate has YOU show up and YOU assume (incorrectly) that YOUR beloved wife is being raped and YOU sacrifice YOUR body to allow her a chance to escape.

The aftermath is that YOU are PERMANENTLY disabled and have continuing heath issues.

How would you respond Mr anon? Forgive her? Read her words, she is was full of blaming everyone else. Yes, she cashed in everything to provide the medical care... she OWED him that!!! It was her fault!!! That fact does not require that she be forgiven.

The author painted this picture with the correct hues. Hell yeah he'll be bitter. Too bad about Shelly, she was collateral damage. If Dean hadn't been so damaged physically, there may have been a story there, but as it was told, everyone's life in the story ended in tragedy, all because of one tramp.

So, to make up for unfair reviews, *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
nice

well written.

Besides the obvious hurt husband, he seemed to have personality change from traumatic head injury.

Poor guy lost his wife and his mind.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 4 years ago
of course the cuckolds and whores hate Dean

Dean is handling his business the right why.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Meh

Bored

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I hate this story

Dean was betrayed but he is a gigantic asshole. Everyone doesn't deserve to be treated like shit because he was fucked over. The guy needs therapy not to mention growing up.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Dean...

She deserved EVERY BAD thing that happened to her!!! Dean is the true victim here. Feel bad for Shelly, also a victim. Dean has every right to be an asshole!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Funny

I almost stopped reading halfway through the first page. I thought it was just a poorly written attempt to be funny. Glad I didn't quit. It was absurd. It was over the top.

It was well written and funny. GREAT JOB! 5*

ibbunkibbunkover 3 years ago

A good story that got lost by going down a dark road towards the end. Cut the number of cliches by half please.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Boy was she stupid. Got everything she deserved and more

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Haha, was this inspired by the Seinfeld episode where Jerry can't handle the fact that the girl he's currently dating used to date Newman before he broke up with her? Funny stuff, Dean's fate was so outlandish that I couldn't even feel bad for him, it was just too hilarious. Marge was a great character, too.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again. This is a great story, probably my favorite cpete story. I think she might have missed Dean off a little.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Thank you

This is one of the best & the funniest story I have ever read

LoejtcLoejtcover 3 years ago

Entitlement can be disastrous.

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 3 years ago

Wow, Dean made a complete personality change. Either becuase of the cheating or the injuries.

He even went after shelly eve he himself helped her out according to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What did dean see in barb to begin with? LOVE slap hapy papy #9

RetiredsleeveRetiredsleevealmost 3 years ago

TBI (Traumatic Brain Injuries) can have devastating personality changes. Seems that happened to Dean

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Found it rather weak, lacking much in the way of effort. It was just sort of there. Most things were well telegraphed so there was little in the way of surprises or anything new.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

I absolutely hate this fucking story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yep, interesting case documented in the late 1800s. A guy setting blasting charges had an iron tamping rod blown through his skull from under his chin and out the top of his head. He lived through it, even in a time without antibiotics and advanced medicine. Those who knew him observed his temperament swing 180 degrees and he became very moody, especially when imbibing in adult beverages. Head injuries can really change people.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Tom is by far the most loveable character in this great story.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star because that is all I have ever awarded for stories that are full of violence - even if it was stupid ass violence.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 2 years ago

Everyone spreading in metaphors, platitudes, and old sayings got real old real quick

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Some funny lines but overall a depressing story. The only good guy was Tom the Cat. Sell the house, declare bankruptcy and move away. It can't be that hard. Dumb woman.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

I still hate this fucking story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

In the beginning everyone was flippant and spouted lines, then everything just turned violent and bitter. Not my thing, sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was way over the top and I believe that’s where the author was aiming for . The humor was slapstick and witty , the situations were off color and delightful , and the end ,well let’s just say ,the ends fit the means ! Personally I thought it quite comical and refreshing with an action scene befitting Tom-foolery ! Great entertainment worth 5 stars to me !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hard

But well written.

Mayhem55Mayhem55about 2 years ago

After re-reading this story I changed the stars from 4 to 5. I can totally see how Dean became a changed person. In real life if something like that happened to myself, I would be totally bitter. Not for sure if therapy would work because I would have spent a year in a hospital put there by someone's I loved and trusted whose stupid, selfish action caused me to be there. So yeah, I can see how Dean would radically change. Good story

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

like all the quotations

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

like all the quotations and Tom the cat. LOL

mac1729mac1729about 2 years ago

She didn't appreciate what he was but got what she deserved and he was better for it

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Why

Why is she paying shithead.? He is the cause of his own problems,she didn't attack Dean.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I totally missed why Barb had issues with Marge. Dean didn't cheat on Barb with Marge as this all happened before she met him? Or am I just not insane enough?

Frank66Frank66about 2 years ago

That 'witty dialogue' and 'profound statements' sure took away from the story, which already sucked. Talented writer, getting too clever while having a bad day.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

hahaha, quite a comedy. Would have been a five except for all the stupid grammar and spelling errors. Would have been a zero except for the black cat!

RuttweilerRuttweileralmost 2 years ago
I see you’re writing for the wannabe smartass crowd.

This website has so many readers that just love to imagine that they were smart enough and witty enough to come up with all these clever bon mots when they’re arguing with their wives. The fact they find this so entertaining tells us that they’re not.

If a guy was really that smart, would he really end up with a woman who can pull the wool over his eyes whenever she wants?

Anybody can come up with witty sayings to a conversation that took place in the past. What you’re pandering to is the poor saps who keep saying to themselves “I shoulda said that! Then she would know that I’m really smarter than her!”

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 1 year ago

Sad story. Witty but the spelling and grammatical errors detract (and are a distraction). I liked it some but not top marks. Three stars.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 1 year ago

Her distasteful attitude and petty jealousy really creeps up on you. So wrapped up in her own little world she never sees the man she married for what he is, or rather, was.

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

You're better than this! But I loved the cat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Liked the story a lot, but a nice text revision (like "relator to realtor") would be welcome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Christ, was she an idiot, but this story was hilarious!

FireFox59FireFox59about 1 year ago

The cat made the story for me.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny12 months ago

So because she was ungrateful for what she has, she ruined a good dude and made him bitter for life, that's a crime.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Character and cooking skill………..look only for these qualities. Hotness will lead to what hot does….BURN YOU. R.H.

skruff101skruff10112 months ago

The image of guard cat Tom wreaking havoc in the bedroom had me laughing out loud, Dean turning into an asshole not so much.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

+5 for Tom the cat. Dean obviously had neurological damage after the terrible fight with Shithead. How did Shithead win his civil suit? What was the basis if the suit? No charges were filed? The wife had about as disastrous a one night stand as possible. But given how she acts and talks leading up to that, there is no way to have sympathy for her drunken tryst. Dean had his life blown up. Glad he got the house. But yeah he really turned into an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You ruined this story with all those constant smart ass remarks. Loved the faithful cat..Until reaching the point of your MC going bad,good story..To bad you catered this tale for those that have a problem with good,realistic dialog..humour is good,slapstick is for simpletons..this story could have be great if you did not go the route you did..this one I am disappointed in because your much better...JZK

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Need another story with Tom the cat. The ex-wife differently falls in the category of too stupid to live. Complaining about Dean turning into an asshole after having his skull crushed. Ask the military about TBI injuries.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Turned into slapstick. What grounds did shithead have for suing her? She didn’t assault him or cause him injury. He assaulted the husband.

Calico75Calico759 months ago

Barb got what she deserved, but Dean and Shelly were huge victims. Sad tale.

StubbyoneStubbyone8 months ago

Hmmm ! You are such a good writer and I really liked this story, up until she slept with asshole and then her husband turned into one. It could have been so much more satisfying with nearly any other ending. Way too much grief and pain. The only character I liked was the bar owner, oh, and the cat. The story line sucked, but your writing is still top drawer. Stop the shitty endings. Then the stories will be more satisfying and you’ll score better. Just MHO.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Fine writing, but spoiled by pushing the dishonest msm meme that sodomites are upright and more decent than their hetro counterparts. If you knew anything about homosexual men, you'd know that there is no more narcissistic, predatory, manipulative, sociopathic group of people than they.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well...shit, at the end I felt sorry for her. He'd become such an enormous asshole.

wardnuke1968wardnuke19685 months ago

Very dark. Started out nice and then just went ……. Poof. Perhaps as an ending she wakes up suddenly to find out it was all a dream and she realizes how good of a thing she had?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sad tale that started off so well then suddenly dove off a cliff, though you kind of saw it coming as it built bit by bit. You realize that she wasn't going to see sense until she fucked it up. And boy did she ever. The jokes were pretty fun though, especially that porcupine/BMW one. They lightened the mood.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Tom was cool. Shelly was a straight arrow. Dean became a monster after traumatic brain injury. Have no clue whynthr asshole got to garnish her wages, while he viciously assaulted and nearly killed Dean. Doesn't Dean have a civil suit vs the asshole? Doesn't she have a sexual harassment case if she chooses to lie? She went off a cliff and became execrable. Thr consequences were dour and nightmarish. Still Tom thr cat was cool.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Dean had grounds to divorce the unhappy cunt before she fucked Shithead. As to becoming an asshole, that usually happens with your head getting bashed in.

My neighbor who was a docile reverend and never harmed a soul fell face down on ice in his driveway turned into a vicious monster due to frontal lobe damage.

MorovarMorovar3 months ago

Only one I felt sorry for was Shelly. She tried to stop the train wreck, but got hit hard by the debris when it happened.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

Just didn't like it. Everyone is an asshole. Ironically Barb comes off as the most sympathetic character because she selflessly tried to help Dean recover from his injuries, sacrificing all of her worldly possessions to do so. I'm pretty sure you didn't intend that, but that's just the way it played out.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous