Good Enough - Bluetooth Expose

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
justbobkc
justbobkc
678 Followers

I do remember now there was a period of "moodiness" the first months of our marriage. Jan was unsteady those months. Her moods all over the place. We never really talked about it and she soon steadied back down and seemed more generally satisfied and far less moody after those first six months.

So why did she marry me? Her paramour was already married and not about to get divorced for political, career, and personal wealth reasons. His wife was rich and powerful, herself. James Leary was Jan's lover or fuck buddy or friends with benefits and continued as such the whole time we were married. As far as I could tell they didn't get together very often, at least currently. But why did she marry me after her "problem" went away on its own?

I did get one entire hotel room encounter taped. Evidently Jan was much more enthusiastic and wanton with James. Anal sex wasn't off the table with him. In fact, apparently it was the main course, along with much louder screaming orgasms. Dick sizes weren't mentioned but James domination was very apparent. Also oral sex to completion - and swallowing of his semen - was a common practice between them.

It was hard for me to wrap my head around. James more than hinted that Jan should go ahead and tell me all about her "powerful man" lover and that I should just accept it and be grateful she nevertheless married me. That way he and Jan could communicate more freely and get together more often. As it was now both Jan and James had to balance their other "obligations" carefully. Jan said she would but never actually did - and absolutely forbade James from contacting me in ANY way, either.

Again, why this? Maybe she just wanted to be married to me as an unknowing cuckold? It gave her a sense of power over me? She already had that, as I hardly ever fought her over anything. If I couldn't really satisfy her sexual needs and James merely wouldn't divorce and marry her, why wouldn't she merely stop BOTH of these incomplete relationships? She was still a young and very attractive woman, she certainly should have been able to meet and fall in love with a man who was the whole enchilada - good at sex, would love her, AND take care of her in all ways.

Women just don't make sense, sometimes...

What did I feel? What did I want, really? And now another crucial question - who was really the biological father of my daughter, Kaylie?

I decided I needed to have a personal and private conversation with Mr. Leary before deciding how I was going to handle this situation. I prepared as carefully as possible before this meeting. Sam helped me out a tad by bringing in another Marine - a former scout sniper and LRRP trained volunteer. Atlanta wasn't exactly a jungle or desert but John "Gunny" Malone was completely anonymous and could monitor a target unobserved himself as well as anyone.

We discovered Mr. Leary had some habits that made meeting him alone easier than I thought it would. He liked naked women. Along with extramarital sex with Jan. Enough to quietly and very discretely visit one of Atlanta's "high end" men's clubs about once every two to three weeks. This was not something Mr. US Attorney wanted known among his colleagues and social friends. He undoubtedly had his eye on a Federal Judgeship at some point. Or maybe back in the political game.

I just happened to be at his car one night about 1 am outside of "The Gold Club".

"Hello Mr. Leary," I said pleasantly. "Do you possibly remember me?"

He looked a tad nervous. As a former DA and now US Attorney he had undoubtedly made more than a few criminal enemies during his career. I wanted to reassure him I wasn't one of those people. Even though I really wasn't dressed up very nicely.

"I don't think so, excuse me." As he tried to brush past me to his Cadillac.

"We met just one time. I'm Jan Merrill's husband. Jake Capeli. She just kept her maiden name for professional reasons. She still worked for you the first year we were married."

"Oh, yes. I just can't see you that good out here. Uh, what are you doing here? Watching the girls too?"

"Yes, of course. I saw you inside and recognized you. Kind of surprised me. I'm just an uneducated ex-Marine woodworker, and you're, well, YOU! All high society and upright US Attorney and all. Right?"

"No. No. I'm just like you, you know? Just a man too, who occasionally needs a little stress free recreational relief. Us guys got to stick together. Right?"

He still seemed just a tad nervous. I wasn't hearing that swagger in his voice he used when talking to my wife privately.

I chucked. "Right. Bro's before ho's...isn't that the idea?"

He relaxed a little. "Yeah. That's it. Well, I've got to get home. Little wifey's probably up waiting for me..." Now that swagger was starting to come back.

"So, you and I should bond together a little, while you're fucking your personal little ho', my wife?" I asked him as neutrally as possible,

"You're crazy! What are you talking about?" he tried to bluff.

"Want to hear the audio?" And I started playing one of the recordings where his voice was MOST plain.

"What is this?" he kind of snarled. "Some dumbass blackmail attempt? You DO know I am the US Attorney and can ruin your ass before noon tomorrow. Try me. Go ahead!"

Now his "top dog" manliness was back!

"Nope. I just want to know why she married me while still doing you. Just a friendly conversation, man to man. OK?"

Ah, the sneering starts. "Because I own her pussy. I know it and she knows it. She can't live without my eight inches. And I've taken care of her career wise with my own contacts. People who owe me. I am a rich, powerful, and well connected man. I give her things you couldn't even understand. She's told me about you. You're boring - but safe. You won't hurt her in ANY way, shape, or form, ever. And you are a good Dad to little Kaylie and pretty much a Mr. Mom, even. She needs you...BUT, she also needs to BE hurt and excited occasionally and I provide THAT for her. A little adrenaline rush, uncertainty fear, dominance, great, GREAT, big dicked sex, and even just a little pain every now and then. She's hooked on me and always will be. She loves me, what I can do for her that you can't. And there isn't a thing she, or you, can do about it. Now, we're finished here and I never want to see you again! About time you learned what's what and just where your place is in life," as he started pushing me out of the way.

It all had the sound of truth but he was absolutely wrong about a couple of things. It was true he would never see me again, but false there wasn't a thing I could do about it.

"I can kill you," I almost whispered.

"What?" he replied and I shot him in the gut with the little crappy .22 short revolver in my left hand.

He gasped and turned white from the shock and surprise and tried to grab me as I took a quick step back, then carefully shot him in his right eye. The .22 short bounced around inside his skull and that little flash of light from the barrel was the last conscious thing he experienced. Maybe it would morph into that reported "bright light" that would lead him to heaven. Maybe. That wasn't my concern. And far above my pay grade. That little .22 didn't make a lot of noise, even non suppressed. Especially the first shot with the barrel against his gut. I didn't see anyone paying attention and I dropped the already cleaned absolutely untraceable (to me) gun right there, and just sauntered on off. Well, I did take his wallet and watch and keys. Soon I was on a MARTA train heading North, to the MARTA lot where my Tahoe was parked. I just had to ditch the surgical gloves and my brand new (to me) but used Goodwill clothes and his belongings away from home, discretely, and that would be that, as far as any real physical evidence of this crime was concerned. Midtown Atlanta was not exactly a crime free area and any US Attorney for the Northern District of GA. should have known that. Muggings and failed car-jackings leading to sometimes deadly violence weren't all that uncommon.

I might be found on various video cameras if anyone started looking, but I wasn't really all that concerned. Not wearing these clothes and with a ratty hoody and ballcap I put on as I walked away. And I knew this particular spot was NOT covered - not since Gunny had taken care of the one camera that even came close to covering this particular parking spot. And then my own wife would be my best alibi, as she just KNEW I was clueless about her affair, was boring and beyond harmless even if I DID know. I would just let it play out for a while. I still had some decisions to make. And three more Marines would swear that I was with them drinking at a nondescript bar all night before heading back home North on Marta.

It wasn't exactly premeditated. I was prepared to kill him but wasn't planning on it, per se. I really did just want to have that discussion with him, first and foremost. But he just played it badly. Or maybe I did.

I WAS basically Mr. Mom for Kaylie, as Jan spent ever more time on her own career and "girls nights out" relaxation. Well, all that was about to change.

I didn't go to Leary's funeral. I don't think my wife did either, but I didn't know for sure or even really care. She was a little down and depressed for about a week, then brightened considerably and started spending a little less time at work and quite a bit fewer "night's out" - but that didn't stop completely.

No police ever showed up to question me. If they interviewed my wife I wasn't aware of it.

I started going out on my own more, though.

About 2 months after the funeral I was consistently out pretty late at least once a week,

Jan finally said something one Saturday morning after I got in about 2am the night before.

"Jake, honey, what are you doing? Why are you going out so much and staying so late? Are you having an affair?" She was pretty calm about it, actually.

"No, I'm not having an affair. And I'm not hooking up with one night stands either. I don't really know...guess I'm just looking for something that seems to be missing in my life. Maybe a little excitement? Drinking with some of my ex-Marine friends, and dancing - and yes flirting a little - with other women in the clubs is just a bit of fun excitement. Isn't that what you do on your nights out?"

"I've never stayed out to 2am and I never went out every fucking week. I'm not liking this and I don't like where we are headed now..."

"You never had an affair or hooked up with anyone when you WERE going out more yourself?"

"Oh, fuck you, asshole! Where in the world did that come from? How dare you try turning this around on me?" She was very angry and her face was very red.

"I know Jan," I replied softly. "I know all about you and James Leary. Almost all of it. And I've had a paternity DNA test done on Kaylie. She isn't my daughter, biologically. Should we guess who the father really is? Or do you know?"

Now Jan was very very pale.

"I am sorry I was so boring and unfulfilling to you as a lover and husband. You needed more, quite obviously - and you so deserve more. We should split up quietly and amicably, OK?"

"Jake...Jake, what did you do? Did you, were you involved in James's murder? Oh..." she started almost wailing, "I think I'm going to be sick" and she headed for our bedroom's bathroom.

I sat outside the bathroom's closed door waiting for her vomiting to stop. It finally did and all sounded quiet but she stayed in there.

I knocked on the door and said, "come out, Jan. We aren't thru talking."

"Go away. I don't want to talk to you right now."

"Too damn bad. Come out or I'm coming in. And you might get hurt when I kick this damn door down!"

She came out. Her eyes were red and her nose was runny. Poor woman.

"First of all, I didn't have a damn thing to do with Leary's murder. I was getting ready to sue him for child support. I can give you the papers already prepared to serve on him the day after his sudden demise. I was going to make him pay and ruin his career. The bastard got off easy, actually.

"Now I'm going to sue his estate. I haven't filed for divorce from you because I still want enhanced standing on the matter of Kaylie's parentage. And I want to also rub your nose in your mess a little as well. THEN I will be divorcing you."

"I don't want a divorce," she said quietly. "I do love you - but I was - I just couldn't say no to him, not when he really insisted. He just seemed ...so powerful..."

"That's too bad. What in hell was becoming a lawyer all about for you? It didn't make you smart and it SURE as hell didn't build any character in you. Leary always had more to lose than you if he tried any kind of blackmail on you. You could have ended it at any time. But you didn't want to. So I guess ANY damn "powerful" man can just take you at any time. Right? You might as well just have been a whore of the high end escort "girlfriend experience" type. Why not?"

"NO! I was in love with him, at first. I was attracted to him and let him seduce me but I was working with him every day and I fell deeply in love with him. I thought he felt the same about me, back then, and if I just hung in there long enough he WOULD divorce his wife and marry me. But, when I got pregnant he spelled it out for me so...coldly. That's when I knew he never would marry me and I just could not abort his baby and I was too scared to have a baby all alone. He WANTED me to fall in love with him without loving me back. He was sick that way, but I guess I was too. I liked you all along. I judged you to be a mature, sober, and good man. I chose YOU to be the father and I did choose well. I'm just so sorry I was too weak to give James up when he kept after me."

"Fuck it, this whole marriage has been a sham. I KNOW you were pregnant with his kid when we got engaged - but then you lost that baby. Why did you marry me anyway? You didn't love me then and the truth is I wasn't exactly madly in love with you either. It was just the steady "good enough" sex. And you pulled it off, your acting that you loved me, good enough as well. But I have you on audio fucking Leary and you can't possibly be satisfied sexually with me, now - not without REALLY getting your rocks off every couple of weeks, so I know you'll soon be looking for some excitement and relief. I won't be in your way but I won't be your babysitter for YOUR daughter anymore either."

"Sex with him hasn't been better than sex with you...for a long time now. I did do some things with him that he liked and he initiated that I STILL don't like. The only good thing about the anal sex and the oral sex that got him off, was that it helped insure I wouldn't get pregnant by him ever again. I DO want another baby but only with you now. But I've also been afraid that if I did get pregnant again with another little girl she wouldn't look much like her sister and you might notice...and what you heard on the recording was me half faking a whole lot of my enjoyment. I did have orgasms when he performed oral sex on me and the occasional normal vaginal intercourse. Many of those times I would actually be thinking of you though..."

I snorted at this and she frowned at me but continued.

"And I was winding it down with James. When we first started it was 2 or 3 times a week and more than a few whole weekends we spent together, in bed. I couldn't even think of saying "no" to him back then, but then I could a little, more and more - at least as far as timing my monthly cycle and keeping him away from me my most fertile times. I WAS on the pill but still worried about another pregnancy, with him. But I never restricted YOU at all. And for all this last year it averaged maybe once to one and a half times a month. It was going to just end a natural death. How did you find out? Not real important now I guess...

"But Kaylie IS your daughter, damn it. You're the only father she knows. Please, please don't disappear out of her life...don't punish her for my sins. Please."

"The only good thing about the last seven wasted years of my life has been Kaylie. She is a wonderful little person and you and James did make one beautiful thing together. But she isn't mine and I'm going to miss her a HELL of a lot more than I'm going to miss your cheating ass. And I can't help it that YOU are always spending more time on your career than being her mother. Maybe now you will grow up a little and step up, if you love Kaylie so much. All concerned about her feelings when I'm not around everyday? Yeah, right. I'll give you a month to move out. I'll be staying in the guest room or just other places until then. I will slowly withdraw myself from Kaylie's life. If you step up she won't miss me, much."

"You're kidding yourself and you know it, Jake. She'll miss you. Almost as much as I will. You will never know how sorry I am that I was so weak, so immature and indeed, so lacking in character. All I can say now is that I have gotten stronger and my feelings really did change from a love and lust blinded little girl so hung up on the older and more "powerful" James. I KNOW that I love you now far more than I ever did him or anyone else. Please, please believe that...and also, please do not pursue your paternity suit against his estate. It probably won't get you anything at all and it might make your life a lot harder..."

"My life harder? Don't you mean your life harder with the whole scandal aspect of it? Might hurt your precious career aspirations?"

She sighed. "There will be some of that. It might cost me this job and maybe other prospects. I can always just hang my own shingle, but I would probably just be scraping by and that would hurt Kaylie too...but you are already on the radar for James' murder...I WAS interviewed by the FBI and this is a very open and hot case. Just a random mugging isn't good enough for the Federals, one of theirs was murdered and they're looking for blood. My name had already come up as a "close friend" of James...and I didn't lie to them. I told them I was romantically involved with him for a long time but it was ending. I also assured them you knew absolutely nothing about it and so had NO motive at all. But that part just isn't true. I know that now. If you pursue legal action THEY'LL know it as well and will jump to the same logical conclusion I did. Now, you will have motive AND opportunity, as you WERE out very late that night. They will start prying and digging. Please don't do anything right now. Not even the divorce action. I am begging you for your own good. If they can't find the real killer, they just might indict and prosecute you to get the political dogs off their own back. That's how it works - I've been there."

Shit. She made some points. Maybe I wasn't as smart as I thought I was.

"All right. I will think about it before acting. But that doesn't change the basic equation our marriage is over, as of now. The less I see of you, the better, from this point forward. Maybe it would actually be best for me that when you move out, YOU file the papers against me. If it's halfway fair and just irreconcilable, I'll sign in a second. I DO want this house and property though, and I'll pay you a little bit of equity for your share - but I had it before you and it IS my workplace. You think on all this, as well."

"Jake, Jake...I AM sorry that you found out and got so hurt. Above all else I didn't want that to happen, ever. Please believe me. I tried to be so damn careful. How...how did I screw that up? Please..."

I thought about this a bit before answering.

"I overheard a cell phone call between you two lovebirds. It was pure happenstance, that first time and just made me very suspicious. Then I bugged your phone and eventually got the whole story."

Not quite the truth. I DID try bugging her phone but could never really get it to work. If she had someone really capable check it out, they would find the app, probably. But may not be able to tell if I ever got it working, or not. I didn't mention the simpler and more reliable VAR's and I wanted to keep that going for awhile. See if she was really going to try and screw me over the divorce and Kaylie's support. We would see.

justbobkc
justbobkc
678 Followers