Good Guy, Bad Guy

Story Info
A jerk reforms his character.
6.8k words
4.29
44.5k
47
24
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
imhapless
imhapless
3,646 Followers

This isn't a story about a police interrogation team; the title refers to me, Brad Owen, at different times in my life.

I guess most people are born "good guys." According to my parents I was a good guy until my teens. Then I became haughty, immodest, arrogant, whatever you want to call it because I achieved national success in the sport/art of fencing, and through no effort on my part developed heart-throb looks. I certainly wasn't a good guy when I broke teenage girls' hearts by treating them badly, nor did my conceited attitude make me anything but a bad guy in my dealings with almost everyone that I came in contact with.

I didn't snap out of my bad guy phase until three things happened during my junior year in college. The first woman that I really wanted a true relationship dumped me after four months of going together because I was too self-important (she had no trouble telling me that to my face); I lost in both foil and saber in the semi-finals or quarter finals of the NCAA championships after having won both the previous year; and due to my drunken behavior as a result of the first two disappointments was expelled from school.

After my expulsion I took a solo wilderness hike for a month to get my head straight. I was ultimately able to objectively evaluate my unacceptable behavior, and came to realize that if I didn't change I would never be a productive member of society or have a worthwhile long-term relationship with a desirable woman (i. e. one who wasn't shallow).

After working a few menial jobs that my pre-expulsion self would have considered far below me, and devoting many hours of work to charitable endeavors in order to salve my conscience, I reviewed all of the careers that I could have which would be socially productive and that I could qualify for without going back to college to finish my degree. I settled on firefighter.

While I had never aspired to be a fireman or police officer when I was a kid, the career suddenly appealed to me because it was definitely socially productive, it was also not a desk job but both physical and mental, and because it would give me chunks of free time to do other things to better my personality and situation. Once I came to that conclusion I decided to go for the whole enchilada and become an NYC firefighter; so I moved to NYC, trained as hard as I ever had when fencing, and after my residency was established applied for a position.

My main concern with qualifying to be a firefighter was the requirement "Demonstrate proof of good character and pass a background investigation," in view of my expulsion from college. I addressed that issue head-on by making an appointment with the Dean who had expelled me and I ate humble pie. I convinced her - I was realistic enough to admit that my good looks and earnest baby-blue eyes helped - that I had turned a corner in my life. I brought recommendations from the charities that I had worked for since being expelled, told her that I hadn't had a drop of alcohol since I was expelled, and in general convinced her that I was no longer a bad guy, but a good guy. She told me to have the NYC Fire Department contact her directly and she would smooth over my expulsion.

With help from the Dean, and since I passed the physical and mental tests with flying colors, I was lucky enough to get a job with an Engine company of the FDNY. I started work in 2000. Most of the men in my Engine company were friendly and welcoming and we even had some social events with wives and kids. Of particular interest to this story were Chuck Brixey and his wife Evelyn, and Tom Watson and his wife Cheryl.

Chuck seemed to me more full of himself that most of the rest of the firefighters and was otherwise obnoxious, and his wife Evelyn seemed too docile to deal with his personality; but it wasn't my business, so I kept my thoughts to myself. The situation with Tom and Cheryl was almost opposite. Tom was a nice straight shooter who had a mild personality and Cheryl was - well, Cheryl was - intense. I tried very hard not to be judgmental when it came to Cheryl because I sensed that she was like me when I had been a bad guy. She was exceptionally sexy - tall, lean, and pretty with bigger tits and a bigger shapely ass than one would expect in an otherwise lean woman - and knew it. However, she was also a flirt when it suited her, and she flirted with me the first two times that I met her; that made me extremely nervous.

This shit hit the proverbial fan on September 11, 2001, after I had been on the job less than a year. Our Engine Company lost three good men on that date, including Tom Watson. The ensuing year really, really sucked. There was enough tragedy, angst, and hurt for a life time. Then for some members of our Engine company community things got even worse.

Cheryl had barely gotten the payout for the life insurance form Tom's death when I started hearing rumors about Chuck dating her. The problem was that Chuck was still married to Evelyn, and that was not sitting well with her, especially since they had two young kids. Even though - since I was now a good guy - that didn't sit well with me either, I initially kept my mouth shut although any small amount of respect I had for Chuck flew out the window.

That is I kept my mouth shut until after Chuck divorced Evelyn and married Cheryl that he bragged (not something to brag about) that he was going after primary custody of his and Evelyn's kids since she didn't have the monetary resources to properly care for them, and he and Cheryl were flush (due in no small part to her life insurance payment).

Something inside me snapped, and when he was telling his story of taking Evelyn to court to get the kids I got in his face. "You slimy piece of shit, Brixey. You divorce the mother of your kids for a better looking piece of ass and then you want to destroy her by taking her kids away from her. Don't you have a conscience?"

After first being startled by my aggressiveness Chuck got belligerent. I didn't let up. We were vociferously swearing at each other. While other members of the company were trying to calm the situation down Chuck made the mistake of swinging at me.

Something that most people probably don't realize is that fencing is much like a martial art. It requires the same types of discipline, skills, training, and quickness. His first punch barely grazed me when I backpedaled with the skill of the foil champion that I once was, and after that Chuck got the beating of his life before I was pulled off him by other firefighters.

Of course there was an inquiry. We were both reprimanded, but since it was clear that we could never work together again - neither of us had any pretense of wanting to - and since he had seniority, I got transferred to another, less desirable from my standpoint, Engine company. One good thing came from that - nobody ever fucked with me again; I forgot to mention earlier that Chuck is five inches taller and forty pounds heavier than I am, and considered a real "tough guy." Another bad thing, aside from the transfer and reprimand, that came from it was my need for revenge which shaded more to the bad guy side of my persona than the good guy side I had cultivated for the last three or four years.

Even before all of the hubbub from our dust-up had subsided I started working on my revenge. When I was off duty and one of Evelyn's kids was in school and the other at her Mom's house I made arrangements to visit her.

Evelyn was a mess. She was having real trouble making ends meet, had a real loss of self-worth, was depressed with the likely prospect of losing her kids, and looked like she wasn't taking care of herself. I had a frank discussion with her.

"Evelyn, I know you don't know me well, but I want to give you a little background about me so that you know where the offer that I'm going to make you is coming from," I told her, holding one of her hands.

There was a slight spark in her eye before she said "OK - I'm curious."

I told her about my background, not sugar coating the times when I was an asshole, but telling her how I badly wanted to be a good guy. I then told her about the dust-up with Chuck, which she hadn't really heard about since she had been reclusive for the last few months, and my need for revenge."

"That's where you come in, Evelyn," I smiled.

"How so?" she asked with a classic perplexed look on her face.

"I can get my revenge and restore my good guy persona both at the same time. I want to move in here with you and your kids and represent to the world that we are engaged," I smiled.

"Is this some sick joke?" she asked, snapping her hand from mine.

"Absolutely not; hear me out. You are afraid of losing your kids because of your monetary situation. If your fiancé, namely me, is living with you, you can rely on my income too in making your presentation to the court. I can also provide testimony about what an ass Chuck is, how he badmouths you at the station house, and I can bring up all of the charitable work I used to do with kids, and that I expect to establish a good relationship with your two quickly," I continued.

"But you don't even know me, and you're so much better looking than I am, why would you want to marry me, and who would believe it?" she queried.

"We wouldn't really get married - we would just say that we would long enough for you to clearly get custody of your kids, and then I'd likely fade away, without any announcement of our engagement being broken," I smiled again.

"But what's in it for you?" she asked, obviously seriously considering the situation. "Would you expect to have sex with me?"

"No, I wouldn't. My lease is coming up in six weeks, I'd pay you the rent that I would be paying there and still have a nicer place to live. Also, you'd have to make me meals when I was off -duty - just for appearances," I laughed, "although I'd buy most of the food. Plus, I really like kids and would love being around your two. But the two main things I'd get out of it - which is what I opened with - is that I'd get revenge on Chuck, this would drive him nuts, and I'd feel like the good guy I aspire to be," I concluded.

Evelyn was obviously seriously considering my offer.

I left after giving her the names and phone numbers of three women who I had casually dated who could vouch that I wasn't a predator, the names of two firefighters at my old Engine Company who liked me better than they liked Chuck and who could give her an independent account of my dust-up with Chuck. She also asked that I talk to her attorney.

****************

It was only two days later that Evelyn called me and not just agreed to my plan, but profusely thanked me. I met with her again the next day that I was off-duty and we made the necessary arrangements. I was shocked at how much better she looked after just three days - it was like a boulder had been lifted off her shoulders.

I had just a few points to clear up. "Just a few things, Evelyn," I smiled. "First, we are not to fall in love with each other. We are doing this for our own reasons, not love, and neither of us should have any expectations about a real loving relationship."

"I understand," she smiled in return.

"Second, we don't want to have to lie, therefore I'm going to ask you to marry me and place this priceless zirconium engagement ring on your finger, OK?" I said, pulling a nice looking but inexpensive zirconium ring from my pocket.

She smiled wider and nodded her head. "And you're going to say that you will marry me, right?"

"Right," she chuckled.

So I asked her, she said yes, we gave each other a quick peck on the lips, and I put the ring on her finger. Then I handed her a check for what was one month's rent for me, and made arrangements about when to have my stuff moved in.

*******************

A hearing before a family law judge about custody of Evelyn's kids occurred thirty days after I moved into Evelyn's house. By that time I had already established a relationship with her kids, a five year old boy and three year old girl. They were easy to get along with, and in view of the obvious brightening of their mother's demeanor once I moved in were very quickly trusting. To keep it a surprise we asked the kids not to say anything to Chuck on the days that he picked them up on his present visitation schedule.

I had been sleeping in the guest room when we met with Evelyn's attorney, Vivian, two days before the hearing and she laid a bombshell on us.

"Look Brad and Evelyn. I know that you can testify truthfully about many aspects of your 'engagement' but there is one thing that worries me. What if they ask if you sleep in the same bed, and have had sex? I can't have you lie; my responsibility to the court would preclude me from representation under those circumstances. If you just sleep together and have intercourse the night before then you can honestly answer 'yes' and I assure you that I can stop all but the first question about it," Vivian said.

Evelyn started crying as she turned to me. "Brad, I'm so sorry; I know this wasn't part of your plan; I really know that you don't have any interest in me..."

I cut her off. "No problem," I said to Vivian. "We will be able to honestly answer that we sleep in the same bed and have had intercourse before the hearing."

Evelyn looked shocked.

We discussed a few more things then left Vivian's office. On the way home Evelyn was sheepish. "Brad; if you don't want to have sex with me I'll understand and we can just make the best of it. I know that I'm not desirable..."

"Oh, stop," I chuckled. "Look, Evelyn, you've made a remarkable transformation since that asshole left you and I moved in. Most men would consider you desirable. If you're willing to have sex with me, I'm happy to go along with it. You don't really think that me having sex with you would be me doing you a big favor, do you?" I chuckled. "Tomorrow night, the night before the hearing, we'll sleep together in your bed and what happens, happens, OK?"

"OK," she meekly replied, but I could see a smile on her face even though she tried to hide it.

In fact, the transformation in Evelyn since the first day I talked to her about my plan was staggering. She had completely snapped out of her depression, she took good care of herself, the kids were happier, and she virtually glowed. I can't say that she was someone that I would have sought out to have sex with because her looks didn't really turn me on, but she definitely was no dog. Plus, I hadn't been laid since I moved in and as anyone knows there is rarely such a thing as "bad sex."

The night before the hearing I could tell that Evelyn was nervous, but I put her at ease by helping clean up after dinner, playing a cheerful family game with her and the kids, and then massaging her shoulders as we watched a TV show after the kids went to bed.

After we showered separately, I got into Evelyn's bed nude and waited for her. She demurely appeared from her bathroom - also naked - blushing. I was surprised at how nice her tits and crotch looked. She really hid them well in her normally conservative outfits.

When Evelyn came into bed she went to turn off the lamp next to the bed - the only light on in the room. I stopped her. "I want to see you; it will turn me on," I smiled.

"OK," she mumbled. That was the last actual word spoken that night.

Once she pulled her hand away from the lamp I started sucking and fondling her tits. They really were top notch. While the rest of her body was blah, there was absolutely nothing wrong with her mammaries, and after playing with them for a few minutes I got hard. But I wanted this to be a nice experience for her so instead of immediately porking her just to get my rocks off and fulfill our obligation I shinned down and started eating her pussy.

Chuck must not have been a considerate lover because it was clear that Evelyn was not used to having her pussy eaten; and what was even clearer was that she absolutely loved it. She had two almost debilitating orgasms in a short period of time, and when I mounted her missionary style she wrapped her arms and legs around me and groaned in pleasure. I started off expecting a nice gentle fuck and hopefully getting my rocks off. What I got was a zealousness I had rarely experienced before as she bucked up, squeezed and released her pc muscles, and squeezed me tight with her arms and thighs.

Her enthusiasm obviously had a dramatic effect on me and I unloaded a tsunami of cum into her anxious pussy. She was so charged up that she came virtually simultaneously with me.

The fuck was pleasurable; probably in the top half of fucks in my life despite no real sexual attraction to Evelyn. We both were obviously more emotionally and physically wiped out than we thought, since we fell asleep shortly after I extracted my cock from her cooch.

I got a surprise in the middle of the night when I awoke with Evelyn's mouth on my cock. By then one of us obviously had turned off the lamp since it was dark, but there was no mistaking what was happening. After Evelyn had me nice and hard she mounted me cow girl and did her best to fuck me again. Once I grabbed her nice tits and kneaded them I came like a freight train for the second time that night, reducing her to a blubbering pile of protoplasm.

Evelyn was shy and avoided eye contact when we got up the next morning. She quickly showered in the master bathroom, while I showered in the other one, before the kids got up. She blushed profusely when as she was serving breakfast I kissed her on the back of the neck and whispered in her ear "Thanks for last night; you are really fun."

***************

The court hearing could not have gone better as far as Evelyn and I were concerned. What made it the happiest for Evelyn was that with my financial assistance and live-in status the major arguments that Chuck and Cheryl were trying to make were completely blunted. We were both asked on the stand about the legitimacy of our relationship and were able to honestly answer that we slept in the same bed, had had intercourse, and that we were engaged. As promised, Vivian was able to cut off questioning on the subject after a few quick, opaque, responses.

What was perhaps best for our case, however, was the excellent presentation that Evelyn made. I think that Chuck was counting on her being a depressed, defeated, woman. However, she came across as an energetic woman who had her act together, and she obviously impressed the judge. Evelyn was awarded sole custody with only biweekly visitation for Chuck.

What was great for me was how shattered and angry Chuck looked, how I felt like a real hero, and that I had done something right.

What wasn't so great for me, however, was how Cheryl looked. While the other two times that I had seen her she looked sexy, dressed like she was for court she looked not just sexy but sultry. My cock couldn't help but salute, and my good-guy-feelings were interspersed with my bad guy self-wanting to fuck her married pussy into oblivion. Apparently my reaction did not go unnoticed; Chuck gave me a snarl, Cheryl a knowing smile, and Evelyn a chuckle.

Evelyn was beyond happy at the outcome of the hearing. That night after the kids went to bed she sat on my lap on her couch. With tears starting to form in her eyes she said "Brad, I could so easily fall in love with you, but I promise I won't. I will never demand anything from you. However, I want you to know that I'm available to you anytime you want me for any reason. I know that I'm not sexy like Cheryl but you can fuck me and pretend it's her..."

I seem to have to interrupt her often; I had to again. "Stop Evelyn; don't compare yourself to anyone else. You're a wonderful woman, and while I won't be falling in love with you I greatly appreciate your offer, and last night you were great. I will be taking you up on your offer in the future, just not enough to raise expectations. Now what say that we celebrate today's victory the right way."

imhapless
imhapless
3,646 Followers
12