Good Neighbors Ch. 105

Story Info
Business Partner plants an idea.
790 words
4.89
1.7k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 106 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers

The week after Thanksgiving found me in a board meeting. It was a small group. It consisted of Matt (my business partner), Deb (Human Resources), Jan (Legal) and a few others we invited. We always tried to invite some employees from the different departments to watch how we make decisions regarding different things. Unlike the meeting where we discussed the Thanksgiving holiday, this one was less dramatic for me. By the time it was over, I was ready to get in the car and head home before Matt caught up with me.

"Hey Leo, how much did I tell you about my honeymoon?"

"Thankfully, you didn't share too much. Last thing I need is to start having dreams about Shannon."

He looked at me strangely before smiling.

"So how are things between you and your neighbor?"

"They're pretty good. She's been helping me with so much and I've been there for her also. Why do you ask?"

"Because Deb showed me your vacation balance and you haven't taken a real vacation in a long time."

I looked at him.

"Dude, I've been working from home since Missy..."

"You can't count that. Technically, you were working, and we even added bereavement time in there as well. You have about two hundred vacation hours to use up."

"Two hundred? We're co-owners, Matt. It's not like we have to..."

"I agree. But I also know that she's been a superstar for you. She deserves a real vacation. Vegas didn't count because you only went for my wedding. All those trips with her to her sister's was nice, but what about taking her to an island for two weeks?"

"Two weeks? What the hell am I going to do for two weeks on an island?"

"Relax? Not think about this place the whole time? Entertain her? I mean it's a vacation, Bro."

"I don't relax too well, Matt. You know that."

"And as your business partner and best friend, I am strongly urging you to. Dude, you had a hell of a year and deserve a break. You deserve time away from your house and so does she. I'm not saying you won't think about Missy while you are there because I know you will. But I also know she wouldn't want you to drive yourself mad either. Know what I mean?"

I looked at him and forced a smile.

"She will probably love the idea. How do I persuade her though? She hates it when I spend a bunch on her."

"Don't tell her. Just take her shopping for a few things and surprise her."

"You are nuts."

He smiled back at me.

"But I'm also right. Let me know what you come up with. Please don't email it to me."

I hit him in the shoulder before I smiled and walked towards my office. My first move was calling her. I dialed her number on my cell and waited until she answered.

"Hi there, Romeo. Whatcha up to?"

"Just sitting here thinking about you."

"Are your pants still on?"

I started laughing before I started talking again.

"Aubrey hates it when I walk around in boxers."

That comment earned me the sound of her clearing her throat before I walked over and closed my door. As my assistant, Aubrey's desk is right outside my door in case I need her right away. After closing the door, I walked towards the window overlooking the city to continue the conversation.

"Anyways, Matt was talking to me after our meeting today."

"Is he going to let you work from home again soon? I miss you when you're stuck there. It's almost a two hour commute most days."

I sighed.

"I know. I miss being closer to you also. He thinks we should take a vacation together."

It was quiet for a few moments.

"What kind of vacation?"

"The kind that gets me away from this office and gets us both away from home."

It grew quiet again.

"Can we talk about this when you get home? I have a ton of questions."

"Sure, Beloved. I should be getting out of here soon. Want me to bring over dinner?"

"I already have something planned. Can you just bring you?"

"Anything you desire, Beloved. I'll see you in a few hours."

"You better. We definitely need to talk about this."

As we both hung up, I started to get worried. Except for all the local trips we have taken, the thought of taking her somewhere else was a bit daunting. I was just hoping I could convince her. In my mind, convincing her would persuade me to take the chance. I sat back down at my desk and started scouring reports waiting for the cue to leave.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers