Good Neighbors Ch. 134

Story Info
Helping set up for New Year's.
1k words
4.42
1.6k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 135 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
408 Followers

We slept well that night. We slept so well that I almost missed my phone going off. I opened my eyes and saw the phone's light. I grabbed it sluggishly and saw that my business partner called. I took a moment to slide out of bed after I noticed my neighbor was still sleeping. I then went into the kitchen before I called him back.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," he said.

"What's going on, Bro? And what time is it?"

"It's 8am. And you are supposed to be helping me set up for the party tomorrow night."

"Wait, what?"

"Hang on."

It was quiet at the other end for a few moments.

"Dammit, I forgot to hit send on the text two days ago. Anyway, can you come in and help? I already texted Aubrey and a few others."

"Sure, I do need to make a stop first, then I'll be right there."

"Okay, we'll be here all day. Apologize to your woman for me."

I hung up and snuck back into the room. She was already awake.

'Romeo, are you alright?"

"Matt needs me at the office to help set up for the party."

That's when I heard a knock at the door. I grabbed a robe and had it tied before Aubrey entered in.

"Sorry about bursting in. I was going to see if your wonderful roommate wanted to go help me set up the office. Matt mentioned you had a stop to make on the way."

My neighbor looked at me.

"What stop?"

"He didn't tell you? He has a meeting with the hotel next door to the office. He is going to hand them this check that they asked for to secure rooms for us. Right, Boss?"

I nodded my head. Apparently, Matt read my mind and included Aubrey in the deception. As she handed me the envelope, I took it from her and went into the room to put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt for the drive. My neighbor followed soon after with Aubrey in tow.

'You better get going, Leo. They wanted you meet you at 9:30 sharp. I'll make sure your neighbor is taken care of."

I leaned in to kiss my neighbor before I headed out the door. I drove a small way from the house before I called Matt again.

"Did Aubrey sell it?"

"I think so. The check in the envelope was a nice touch."

"You're not the only genius around here. Now go get her ring, dude."

I started driving to my jeweler's place. It felt like I was speeding until I pulled up in his parking lot. As I approached the door, he opened it like he did before. We shook hands for a moment before he pulled me into a hug.

"Does she suspect...?"

"I think I'm safe for now. What did you pick out for me?"

"Well, considering I saw her wedding ring before, I thought about this plain turquoise band. You said she seduced you in a turquoise swimsuit, right?"

"She did. She'll love it."

"It's not really for proposing a new wife."

"We're not there yet. This is more of a promise ring."

"What kind of promise?"

"That I will always be with her as long as she wants me to."

"I like that, Leo. I think she will too."

"I hope so. She hates surprises."

"That part scares me. Any ideas how to handle it?"

"No idea. I'll think of something."

As I drove to the office, I locked it in my glove compartment temporarily. One of the things insisted on was wearing tuxedos for this event. I figured I'd have the chance to slip the ring in the pocket when we got there the next night. As I neared the office, I saw Aubrey flagging me down. This time she had a different envelope in her hand.

"I was supposed to send you over when you got here. Here's the real check."

"You're the best, Aubrey."

I turned the car around and headed to the hotel where I had a short meeting with the hotel owner. He loved the idea of us paying ahead of time to reserve two floors of rooms. He took the check from me and gave me the instructions the employees needed to check in. I went back to the office and hit the elevator before hearing music from my office. As I walked in, I saw my neighbor and a few of the girls dancing. The lights were working like a charm while they danced to Toto's "Africa". I smiled before the girls saw me. A few of them were scared before I started to dance with them, slowly edging closer to my neighbor.

When I was close enough, the music switched to a slow song. It was 'Who's Holding Donna Now?" by Debarge. As we slow danced, I could feel the dance floor empty until it was just us slow dancing. She leaned in to kiss me as the song ended.

"I always felt bad for the guy in that song," she said.

"Because of the heartbreak?"

"It was sad really. So, are you going to tell me your real errand now?"

I knew she would figure it out.

"I bought you a present that I was going to give you tomorrow night."

"You could give it to me now."

"I could. But I left it in my car."

"Okay, Leo. I can wait one more night. But may I have a present now from you?"

"Anything you want, Beloved."

"I want you give me one more slow dance before we go see Matt about the rest of the preparations."

"What song would you like?"

"You already know."

Aubrey hit the control and "Tennessee Whiskey" began to play. We shared another slow dance. It was when I turned that I saw Aubrey and Wesley slow dancing.

"Hope you don't mind, boss. This is his favorite song too."

I smiled as I enjoyed my neighbor in my arms once more. The thought of the impending party did little to make me anxious because I had her.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
408 Followers