Good Neighbors Ch. 135

Story Info
She ruins the surprise, but loves the result.
922 words
4.91
1.7k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 136 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
408 Followers

The preparations were done. The only thing left was the catering, which would be in the next day. I already emailed all the folks who reserved a spot, so they had the instructions on what to do to reserve their room. As my neighbor and I were driving home, she noticed that my glove compartment was locked. She already figured I had an ulterior motive for not driving her to the office earlier. When asked during our dance, I told her the truth about getting her a gift.

"Leo, can I ask a question about my gift?"

"Sure, Beloved. I just don't think you want me to ruin the surprise."

"I'm horrible with surprises though."

"I know."

"And I am so curious."

"I can tell."

"So why don't you find a spot and let me see it?"

I pulled to the side of the road. I took a deep breath and smiled.

"Sweetheart, trust me. I want to give you everything right now. I want to give you my heart, but you already have it. The present in the glove compartment is a symbol of what I feel about you. If you'd like me to give it to you now, I will. I never want to deny you anything. It's just I wanted to surprise you tomorrow night for New Year's. However, I will leave the choice in your hands."

I reached over and unlocked the glove compartment. I then pulled back and allowed her to make the choice. She was right though. The fact is there was a part of me that knew she'd figure things out. My neighbor among other things is a smart cookie. She is really good at reading my mind. It's one reason we get along so well on a friend level. So, I sat there and waited.

I could see the look on her face that she was debating. I know she wanted to see what was in there. At the same time, I could she that she understood what my plan was. She took a deep breath and opened the glove compartment. She saw the box my jeweler friend put it in. She pulled it out and smiled before she looked at me.

"Were you going to propose to me tomorrow night?"

"No, I was going to show you something we have discussed a bunch lately."

I took the ring out of the box and slipped it on her finger. I made sure to turn the dome light on so she could see the color. It was a plain band in turquoise. It was the same shade of turquoise that she wore the first time she seduced me. I knew based on the last nine months that it was her favorite color. It was then I spoke.

"You have been with me through this journey since before Missy left this world. You stayed with me after Mitchell left as well. You have been my friend, my confidante, my lover, my submissive and most of all you have stayed by my side this whole time. We had our share of arguments. Still, you have stayed with me. Even allowing me to move into your home when my assistant needed a place to stay. This ring is a symbol of my love to you. Not only that, but it is a symbol of a promise I made to you so many times that I would always be with you. I love you. I am hoping this ring proves that point to you every day."

I watched as she looked at the ring. She then looked me in the eye before she smiled.

"You are such a romantic."

She then leaned forward and kissed me. It was a deep kiss under the dome light on the side of the highway the night before New Year's Eve. She then took the ring off her finger and put it back in the box before placing it back into the glove compartment.

"You could have kept it on," I said.

"I think its better in there until tomorrow. I love you too, Leo. I didn't mean to spoil the surprise."

"It's okay. I can never get anything past you anyway."

I started driving again. It was as we neared our exit that she asked me the next question.

"Were you going to propose to me tomorrow night?"

"No, it was just a friendship ring. As much as I would love for it to be an engagement ring, the truth is that I wasn't sure you'd say yes if I proposed. There's too many if's right now. I think my heart would have collapsed if I would have tried to surprise you like that and you said no."

She leaned in on me for the rest of the trip home. It was when we reached our home that she finally let me go. We walked into the house and started to grab some food before she spoke again.

"I see your point. We didn't start being intimate until seven months ago. It's a little too fast to just turn into someone's new wife. But if you knew I wouldn't break your heart, would you have proposed?"

I looked at her before grabbing her and holding her tightly before kissing her deeper than I ever have before. I pulled back after and whispered.

"Yes, I would."

She wrapped her arms around me and smiled before she kissed me back.

"I love that ring. But I love your heart more. And I love you."

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
408 Followers