Good Neighbors Ch. 139

Story Info
The party starts and Leo has a needed conversation.
1k words
4.8
1.8k
0
1
Story does not have any tags

Part 140 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers

We started heading to the party. I had on my tuxedo. Unlike for Matt's wedding, my cummerbund and tie were black. My neighbor was dressed in a black evening dress. She took the time to put her hair the right way as well as put on her collar necklace for me. On her left hand was the turquoise ring that I gave her to wear that afternoon. The words we spoke before we got dressed were still in my head as I drove. It was not a difficult decision to me at all. It was more about how to present it without being cheesy.

We arrived at the office about fifteen minutes before the rest of the employees attending would be there. Matt's wife, Shannon saw us and walked forward. She hugged my neighbor and hugged me as well.

"I am so glad to see you two," she said. "Last time I saw you, we were at the football game. I don't know why, but I more nervous about this."

"I think we have it all under control. The big thing is I'm not drinking, and we'll have security here in case it gets out of control. I already helped make the arrangements next door for rooms in case folks get too inebriated and can't drive home. Where's Matt?"

"He said something about being in his room. He said you'd know what that meant."

I looked for Aubrey. She walked over.

"Red," I whispered.

I looked at my neighbor.

"Can you hang out with Shannon for a while so I can find Matt? Everything should be alright."

She looked me in the eye and saw what I was thinking. Both girls stood with Shannon and nodded their heads while I ran to the elevator. I took it to the security floor where Mike was waiting.

"Looking for Mr. Masters?" he asked me.

"I think I know where's he's at. Can you run the cameras in the basement?"

He went to those cameras. There was no sign of him. I tried to think logically before I figured it out.

"Mike, was he in the elevator within the last half hour?"

He started to look at the footage and saw him in the private elevator.

"He got off one floor above his office. Why would he do that?"

I smiled.

"Every time he gets nervous, he always pulls a Batman."

Mike looked at me funny before he figured it out.

"You need backup?"

'I got it. Thanks, Mike. You're the man."

I got in our elevator and took it to the same floor. It opened to the entrance to the roof. When we first bought the building. Matt and I made sure that no one had access to the storage room in the basement for me. We also made sure no one had access to the roof but him. Where I needed the comfort of a punching bag to relieve my anger, Matt needed the view of the city to remind him where he was at to calm him down. We always referred to it as "pulling a Batman" because the Caped Crusader was his favorite superhero. I saw him in his chair as I walked towards him.

"Took you long enough, man."

"Well, I don't consider this a room."

We both laughed before he looked at me.

"Did you make a decision yet?"

"I did. I'm gonna listen to you. But I need to talk to someone first."

"Her brothers? Her sisters? Me?"

"This is going to sound silly, but I need to talk to Missy."

He looked at me in surprise, but then he smiled.

"I'll let you have the roost. You need me to hang around?"

"I'll be fine. You have a party to host, Bro. Plus your wife is worried about you."

"I better head down there. Any idea where she is?"

"She's with my girls."

"Okay, you got this?"

"I have to. But I know you have my back."

He placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Always, man."

He went through the door, and I looked out into the city landscape. I took a deep breath before thinking about what was on my mind. I started speaking into the wind.

"Hey sweetheart. I guess I should be at your grave doing this, huh? Well, I figured I would talk to you because I need to make a big decision right now. I know that you have been talking to our neighbor about what to do to take care of me. She's listened to every word you said and has been doing a very good job. The big thing however is that I am thinking about asking her to marry me. The thing is though it's only been eight months since her husband died and nine months since you left me. And it's a big decision. Only because I'm going to pledge the rest of my life to take care of her. But I can't go into this situation unless I know that it's OK with you. You are always going to be my soulmate regardless of where we're at. The thing is her soulmate is up there with you and not down here to take care of her. I wanna spend the rest of my life with her because I do love her just like I love you. I'm hoping that you bless this because there is no way in the world I'm going to be able to handle this if you don't. I love you Missy. I always will."

I took a few deep breaths before I went ahead and walked towards the elevator. As I started to get in, my cell phone rang. It was my neighbor.

"You okay, Leo?"

"Yeah, did Matt find you and Shannon?"

"He did. He told me that you were talking to someone. I was just hoping you'd join me in your office for a dance."

"I'll be right there, Beloved.

I hit the end button and entered the elevator to go down the two floors. I had a pretty woman waiting to dance with me.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers