Good Neighbors Ch. 148

Story Info
A visit to our legal person.
809 words
4.52
1.4k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 149 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers

I walked into the office on Monday and headed straight to our legal department. We're always looking out for piracy, especially if we get a new program started or new technology. Janet, or Jan to those who are allowed to get that close, has been our legal counsel for as long as we've been a company and is probably the closest person to both Matt and I. So, talking to her about legal concerns was always a good idea. It was in this mindset that I walked into her office. She's a tea drinker and was drinking a cup as I entered. She put down the teacup she used and looked at me for a moment before she smiled.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, Leo?" she asked.

I was a bit nervous. That usually never happened to me when I visited Jan, but this time it felt different.

"Is this about your hero thing a few nights ago or something else?"

I looked at her and took a breath.

"I need help with legal advice involving my new fiancée."

She paused for a second before she spoke. Her face betrayed the fact that she was softening a bit.

"Well, let me grab her folder."

"Wait, you have a folder on her?"

She looked at me with a coy smile.

"She had me help her with the pension stuff a few months ago. It was your idea."

"But she's not an employee."

"She's your fiancée. As long as she's close to you, I keep track of things."

This already started to feel like a weird situation. I took a breath and looked at her before speaking.

"Janet, what are you keeping track of?"

"Well, for starters she has that pension coming from her late husband. It's being held up, but it should start rolling through in the next couple months. To answer your question, your future marriage to her has no effect on that."

I looked at her in surprise.

"How did you..."

"Also, it won't affect her survivor benefits either."

I was still stunned.

"Are you surprised that I knew you were going to ask those questions, Leo? Seriously Leonard Charles Mercer, you make it seem like I am rookie around here sometimes. When you and Matthew approached me with the idea to start this company, I was already in the business for ten years or so. Yes, you two had a great idea and have built this wonderful company. Part of the reason why was because you hired the right folks to push your vision. Part of it was because you had very good legal counsel that runs a tight department that keeps all the patents in line as well."

I smiled before I thought thru what she said.

"She called you also, didn't she?"

Janet was stunned.

"How did you..."

"Because one of my fiancée's strengths is that she can read my mind so well. It's okay though. The fact is you were prepared like you always are and I appreciate you."

I had the urge to hug her, but I always knew to keep it professional with Jan. As I smiled my way out of her office, I felt better knowing that everything was good in that sense. I went on with my day hoping that it would run as smoothly.

That night, I walked into the house and was approached by a beautiful woman in a penguin suit. It was a pair of cuddly looking pajamas that she wore sometimes to be cute. I cuddled her against me and was enjoying her warmth. As we cuddled on the couch, she looked at me with a grin.

"I guess we both were bothering Jan today, huh?"

I smiled.

"I don't take marrying you lightly. The fact is I wanted to..."

"Make sure it didn't mess up my financial situation? I guess being around you had me thinking about that also."

"You didn't want me to overdo stuff. I just wanted to make sure you were taken care of."

"I appreciate that, Leo. So, your middle name is Charles, huh?"

I looked at her before she smiled.

"She told me she had to use your whole name today when she was talking to you."

I laughed.

"She does act like an older sister sometimes. Matt and I were so hellbent on starting this company. She was someone Matt knew."

"I am sorry I was skeptical of her. You forgive me for that?"

"Already done, Amor."

She stood up afterwards and began to undo the zipper in the front before I noticed what she was wearing underneath. It was a grey camisole and a pair of grey panties. As she dropped the pajamas, I was mesmerized by the look on her face. She smiled as I smiled.

"Wanna go talk about it in the other room?"

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers