Good Neighbors Ch. 147

Story Info
A quick one discussing the engagement party.
781 words
4.7
1.5k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 148 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
408 Followers

It was a quick trip home from the dry cleaners. I am lucky I keep a backup suit at the office. It was going to be a couple days before I was able to retrieve them, and I did bring them by on a Saturday. As I neared the house, I didn't see any sign of life at my house next door. I figured Aubrey was next door with my fiancée. I pulled in and walked casually in before I saw both of them laughing at the kitchen table. There were wine glasses in front of both of them, so I grabbed a new bottle and refilled their glasses. They both looked very appreciative as I sat down.

"Good afternoon, Ladies?" I asked.

Both of them answered by laughing loudly. I took that as a good sign.

'So, when were you going to tell me about the engagement party, Leo?" Aubrey asked.

"Honestly, when we figured out the details."

"So, what have you figured out so far?"

"Honestly, that we're having an engagement party."

"Does Matt know?"

"He's got a bunch on his plate right now."

"Does Matt know you talked Mike out of quitting?"

"I didn't tell him."

"Probably better that he doesn't know yet. He's probably going to want to talk to you about the incident."

"Probably."

"Did I thank you yet for handling it?"

I looked at her.

"It's not a problem. I always said I'd watch out for you. It's a promise I made to Missy."

Aubrey stood up for a second before she looked at me.

"Do you think an engagement party is too soon?"

"Why?"

"Missy's only been gone for nine months. Mitchell for eight. Some may interpret this step as a little soon."

My fiancée spoke up.

"I thought about that. But when he talked to my older brother, he was on board as long as I am happy."

I looked at her also.

"I don't think anyone else cares. Do you?"

Aubrey shook her head.

"You're like a brother to me Leo. I want you happy. I want her happy also. You two deserve all the happiness after the crappy year you both had."

I smiled at Aubrey before she downed the rest in her glass.

"I better be sober for the party. Apparently, her brothers are both leches."

It was after Aubrey left that I was holding my fiancée in my arms. As we listened to some slow music, I was thinking about what Aubrey said. She looked at me while I was in deep thought.

"Penny for your thoughts, Leo?"

"Aubrey had a valid concern."

"Do you think we're rushing into marriage?"

"No, I think that part is perfect."

"Then what are you thinking about?"

"Your brothers being horndogs."

She started laughing.

"That's funny."

I smiled.

"Did you want to talk about ideas for the party?"

"Yeah, do we need one?"

I looked at her.

"Not really. I have no idea why Rob recommended it."

"Because he wants an excuse to drink."

"Good plan."

"I do think it's a great idea though. All my family including June plus the folks that mean the most to you. How many does that make?"

"Well, Rob plus his five. James has three. Monica and her husband, June is flying solo. That's thirteen on your side. Matt and his wife make two more. Aubrey and Wesley make two more. Mike and his wife make two more. "

"Are there any other work folks you want to invite?"

"Jan definitely. I think I'll have to think about it more."

"What about when we're going to do it?"

"How about in March? The weather will start getting better by then."

"I can see that. That also gives Aubrey and I the chance to figure stuff out."

I kissed her on the forehead.

'I'm glad you and my assistant are such good friends."

"We're your girls. We know how to keep you on your leash."

She winked at me after saying that. I looked at her and laughed. Then I started trying to tickle her. I forgot how ticklish she wasn't. But it kept me open so she could tickle me back. I laughed so hard that I almost fell off the couch. We started cuddling more after she stopped before we got up and looked at dinner options.

After dinner, we went into the bedroom where we both disrobed and went under the blankets to hold each other. As she started snoring quietly, I started thinking about the future. I think a visit to Jan was just what I needed to double check on legalities and such. I figured waiting until Monday would be a good idea.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
408 Followers