Good Neighbors Ch. 160

Story Info
A little insomnia.
792 words
4.68
1.7k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 161 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers

One of the assumptions folks make about my fiancée and I is that we fall asleep in each other's arms every night and only after a slew of sexual activity. This is not that realistic of an idea and definitely not always the truth. There are nights that I fall asleep before her. Most of the time, it involves when I have a difficult day at work. The times she sleeps first usually results in whatever she deals with during the day, It's not always perfect, but the fact she can slide into bed with me when she's ready to sleep or vice versa is a huge comfort.

There was one such night during the two weeks prior to our engagement party. She was a bit exhausted after going dress shopping with Aubrey and discussing more of the details. Aubrey skillfully slipped my credit card into the card reader before my fiancée noticed that she did. She did allow me to do what I had to in order to make things happen. Of course, there was no record of what kind of dress she bought. Some things are still sacred I guess even if the bride and groom are staying in the same house.

We cuddled after dinner before she whispered that she was really tired. I followed her into the bedroom and after snuggling for a bit, she fell asleep. That night, I was a bit wired. I snuck out to the dining room and pulled my laptop out of my bag. After turning it on, I started to research some office things that were bothering me. It was shortly after that I received a text message from Aubrey. Looking at the time and noticing it was still early, I called her. She answered in kind of a hushed tone.

"Leo, is everything alright?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't it be?"

"Because I know you and because you hit the read receipt on the Johnson file. You should be getting ready for the party."

"We have a week. Besides, we have mostly everything covered."

"Are you sure?"

"Well, she has a dress. The music is all set. Mike's dad said he'd perform the ceremony. Food is all set up. Invites were sent out. What are we missing?"

I could hear her being quiet before she responded.

"Best man?"

"Matt."

"Maid of Honor?"

"I thought it was you. But I'll ask her in the morning. "

"I can't help thinking you forgot something."

"Tell you what. Maybe you should come by the house for breakfast tomorrow around eight and we'll go through the list with her."

"Okay, Boss."

"Aubrey, I'm not your boss right now. I'm your friend and appreciate you helping me with all this."

"It's what friends do, Leo. Good night."

As I hung up the phone, I looked at my email and saw the message from my jeweler friend. He told me the rings were ready. That made me smile. I decided that we would go see him the day after tomorrow just because we had more to do tomorrow. It was then I started feeling sleepy. I grabbed a quick drink of water before I walked back into the bedroom and slipped next to my fiancée. As I started to close my eyes, I felt her arms wrapping themselves around me. I opened them and saw her eyes smiling at me.

"Couldn't sleep, huh?"

"I was still a bit wired. So, I checked some emails."

"I slept pretty good, but my arms felt empty without you in them."

"I know that feeling, Amor."

I leaned in and kissed her. She returned the kiss, but it wasn't the same level of hunger. It felt nice though. It felt like I was good. I figured at that point the safest option was to close my eyes. It turned out to be the right one, especially when I opened my eyes, and it was a few hours later. My fiancée was laying there, still out like a light before I started trying to slip out of bed. Her grip on my arm caught me by surprise.

"You're not up to anything sneaky, are you Leo?"

"It depends on what you mean by sneaky."

She smiled at that one.

"You were just visiting the bathroom, huh?"

"That was the idea. Think you can wait for me before I come back to snuggle you?"

"Of course. I do enjoy watching your butt when you walk in there."

She winked at me. I smiled back before going in and doing my business. When I came back out, she had her arms open, and we started to snuggle. It didn't matter what we would go through that day. The fact I had her made it better.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers