Good Neighbors Ch. 166

Story Info
Meeting with the minister.
967 words
4.69
2k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 167 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers

We made it to Mike's father's office a bit before lunchtime. As we walked towards the front door of the rectory or whatever you call the minister's office, I felt a bit nervous. It had been a long while since I had been to any church, much less to see a minister outside those regular hours. Mike volunteered his father to perform the ceremony. I wasn't sure if it was just because it was on short notice or what. In any case, I took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. A woman answered the door. She smiled at us both.

"May I help you two?" she asked.

"We have an appointment. Leo Mercer and his fiancée."

"Oh yes, Mr. Mercer. Come on in. He's been expecting you."

We followed her into the office where we saw all the regular decorations on what one would expect in a church office. There was a bookcase filled with different books and some pictures on the wall. As we reached his office, she opened the door and spoke into the room.

"Your twelve o'clock appointment is here, Sir."

"Thank you, Marjorie."

I started into the office as he stood from behind his desk. He smiled when recognized me.

"Leo, glad to see you. It's been a while. How is that young lady I helped move into that house doing?"

"She's alright, Sir. She is getting used to the house and is enjoying a new relationship away from the ex-boyfriend."

"She was your sister?"

"No, Sir. She is my assistant. I offered for her to live in that house until she could find her own place. The neighborhood she was in was not safe for her."

"My son always said you seemed to always want to be the hero. He told me about that night at that party when you defended her and her boyfriend from the ex. That's why I assumed she was your sister. You seemed like her big brother."

"She was my late wife's roommate in college. She had me promise to watch out for her."

"It's almost like your commission of sorts. Do you watch out for everyone you care about?"

"I try to, Sir. I know I cannot help everyone, but I do try to do what's right."

He looked at my fiancée. He smiled before speaking.

"You miss yours so much. I could feel it."

"I do, Sir. He was everything to me before the cancer took him."

"So, Leo has been there for you for a long time."

"I have been there for him too, Sir. Missy passed on first."

"I do admire the fact you two have been supporting each other. Are you sure marriage is the best idea?"

I could feel my anger start to rise when he said that. I stayed calm as I reasoned out the best response. However, she beat me to it.

"It feels natural to want to be with each other. Making it official feels more like a formality, but it feels like it is already done."

He smiled at her response.

"Mike told me you have done much to help Leo. He remarked to me how Leo was more compassionate than he used to be. How he deals with things differently because you are in his life. He talks about how kind you are and how it's a joy to see you when you visit. My son has had a difficult life being the son of a minister. He chose to be in security because he wanted to help people in a different way than through the Lord. You made a wonderful impression on him. You radiate that energy. That's one reason I told him I would be honored to officiate for you two. You complement each other. It is only right that you be united in front of our Lord. He mentioned the ceremony would be a surprise to folks?"

"It was a crazy idea. It has to do with my sister visiting and such. We were not seeking a huge ceremony. We just wanted everyone to see us make it official," she said.

I kept quiet only because I had no need to interject. One of my fiancée's strong points was that she knew my thoughts well and could vocalize them. As he looked at both of us, he smiled a big one.

"Would my wife be invited as well?"

"Yes, Sir. I would find it wonderful if you would bring her. It would be a small ceremony, but the fact of everyone being there would be so much better."

"Then I will see you a week from tomorrow. Thank you so much for coming by."

He held out his hand and I shook it before my fiancée did as well. We walked out of the office towards the car before she took me by the hand and squeezed. She then turned and looked at me.

"It's gonna be alright, sweetheart. He will conduct the ceremony, and everything will work out. You want to talk about what you're feeling with me?"

I looked at her before we found a bench to sit and talk. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before I spoke.

"He reminded me of my father. When I told him I proposed to Missy, he said something similar. I was angry at him also. Thank you for stepping in."

"It's alright, Leo. The big thing is that you know I want to marry you and that you want to marry me. No matter how everything works out next week, I just want you in my life."

She leaned in for a giant hug before we made it back to her car. A week was too long to wait, but I always knew she was worth all the effort.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers