Good Neighbors Ch. 167

Story Info
A quick lunch at Sal's.
823 words
4.69
1.3k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 168 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers

As we were driving home from the minister's office, I was thinking about what the minister said. I also thought about the way my fiancée stepped in. It felt different being the one who needed help. It was also one of my difficulties my whole life. I always had difficulties allowing folks to help me. It was my nature back then to strive to be self-sufficient. The fact that my fiancée stepped in the way she did was both scary and encouraging. Missy was always my support the moments I let my guard down. It was one reason why we were together so long, especially with all the struggles I faced. The fact that my fiancée did so willingly was encouraging to say the least. She pulled into a restaurant parking lot close to home and looked over at me.

"Are you hungry, Leo?"

"I am a little. I take it you are?"

"I have never eaten at Sal's place before."

I nod my head and exit the car before we both walked into Sal's place. It wasn't often that I would go into his restaurant. I was more of a delivery guy. I saw the red and white checkerboard tablecloths as well as the old school jukebox in the corner. I could feel the smile cross my face as we found a table before a nice waitress walked over.

"Are you two in the mood for some wine today or would you prefer a soda?"

I looked at my bride-to-be. She was scanning the wine list. As she made her selection, I felt her hand me her keys. I smiled before ordering a water. As we waited for the pizza and salad, we started talking about everything. It was when the pizza came out that we were also surprised by Sal. Sal, as some would remember, owned his own pizza place thanks to some seed money I gave to him. He came over and gave me a hug before hugging my fiancée.

"It's about time you came in here, Leo. How long has it been?"

"A few years, but it looks good. How have you been doing?"

"We're still open. We just opened back up for dining in about a month ago."

"The pizza's still good," my fiancée remarked.

"You flatter me, Bella. So, what's the occasion?"

"Besides the fact she was hungry?" I said before receiving a smack on the leg.

"Leo, we've been friends a long time. I know you don't go out to eat too often."

My fiancée started to laugh a little before I turned crimson. He was right. It was then my fiancée pulled out a blue envelope out of her purse.

"Sal, we came by to invite you to our engagement party next Saturday."

He looked at me, then at my fiancée.

"I will have a few disappointed delivery drivers, Bella. But I am happy for both of you."

He leaned over and hugged both of us again before he called over the waitress and whispered some instructions in her ear. Her eyes popped open. Then she smiled before she went back into the back room. She came back out a few moments later with a few cannoli. I tried to refuse, but she smiled at me.

"Uncle Sal told me who you were, Leo. It's a small thing I can do. He said you helped me get into college."

It was then I put two and two together. The waitress was Sal's niece. He asked me for advice on how to get her into school a few years prior. I might have helped her also.

"I thought I saw you at the Christmas Concert. The Dean was talking about the scholarships you were talking to him about setting up."

By this time, she was sitting down with us. Luckily there weren't any other patrons waiting. She told us about her studies and how she was graduating in the Spring with a double major. She leaned over and hugged both of us before she walked back in the kitchen.

As we bid our goodbyes to Sal, we were in our car headed home. My fiancée was in the passenger seat, having drank a few glasses of wine. I helped her into the house before setting up the bathtub for her. As she rested, we heard the door open. I walked into the foyer to see June in the doorway, her bags already inside. She looked at me and smiled before she walked forward for a quick hug.

"She's in the bathtub, I take it?" she asked.

I smiled.

"It was a busy day."

"Sounds like it. I'll sneak into the guest room. Mon and the family wore me out."

As she slipped into the guest room, I could hear my fiancée calling me from the bathroom. I walked in and sat on the commode as we talked about what was in store for the next week.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers