Good Neighbors Ch. 178

Story Info
New sheets.
944 words
4.42
2.2k
00

Part 179 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers

There are things you never think about when you are a bachelor. There are even more things you do not think about when you are a widower. Being one had taught me a few things. One of them was that one never knows when previous experiences would help someone else deal with change. It was this mindset that brought my fiancée and I to the store for sheets and pillowcases for our new mattress. It was a little later than we would normally go shopping, but our lack of foresight as well as the emotional shock of seeing her marital bed taken out of her house she shared with her late husband for years made the trip necessary.

Still, I was not the one shopping. In my mind, it was her bed and thus her responsibility to choose the right sheets. We were deciding between a few sets before I looked at her with the puppy dog eyes. It wasn't like I was that vested in the decision. After all, I knew that I'd be paying for it and ultimately reaping the benefits as well. When she decided on three sets of sheets, I was happy. A quick swipe of my card led to us walking to the car and driving home.

That was until our stomachs started to growl. This time, we opted for a fast-food dinner. After slipping through the drive through, we drove home and had dinner at the table. During this time, we just shared small talk. It was after we threw away the wrappers that we went into the room, and I assisted my fiancée in making our bed for the first time. The first set we used was the powder blue one. As we looked at the sheets on the bed the way she liked it, we found a matching comforter to set on the bed. We then crawled on it before snuggling on the bed.

"This feels much better," she said.

I smiled.

"It does. It's only a few more days and we'll be married. What do you think about that?"

She returned a smile.

"It does feel like it's too far away. I wonder how June is doing with Mon."

It was then I heard the doorknob turn. My senses were heightened as I started to crawl off the bed and head towards the door. It opened right before I got there where I saw June. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw her walk in followed by Rob, Jim and Mon. Soon, my fiancée walked in behind me and saw her siblings.

"What are you guys doing here?" my fiancée asked.

"So, you were going to surprise us. We decided to come here to surprise you first," Rob responded.

I looked at him before I looked at June. She looked at me and smiled.

"I was never good at keeping secrets."

My fiancée walked over and was the center of a group hug. It was a beautiful picture seeing all the siblings together. It was then the girls looked over at me.

"Um, this includes you too, Leo," Mon commented.

I was hesitant until the guys pulled me in. It felt weird being in the middle of a cuddle puddle like that. After we released, there were congratulations coming from all sides before I made it into the kitchen and grabbed the wine glasses. It wasn't long until there was a ring of the doorbell and Aubrey and Wesley entered. I looked over at my fiancée before she showed me her phone in her hand.

The rest of the evening was spent talking about stuff, including the arrangements before my fiancée swore everyone to secrecy regarding the ceremony. Before Mon, Rob and Jim left, they each hugged my fiancée and I once more. Aubrey and Wesley also bid their goodbyes as well until it was just June, my fiancée and I. June looked at me before smiling.

"I'm sorry I spilled the beans. However, I know how they all hate surprises, even one as wonderful as this one. You forgive me?"

"Well, it does make sense to give them early warning. At least we have a few nights to get through until Saturday," my fiancée said.

"So June, what are your plans after this weekend?" I asked.

June looked at me smiling.

"My husband reached out to me while I was over Mon's place. We were discussing me going home. He wanted me on the first flight tomorrow, but I told him I had to stick around until this weekend for a family function. He told me he'd be waiting afterwards for me to come home. We need to hash out a few things. As much as Mon had trouble with her hubby, we talked though some ideas and I'm gonna lay it on the line for him."

I looked at my fiancée as she shrugged her shoulders.

"You sure about that, Sis?"

"We all can't be as lucky as you. Mitch was a wonderful man and Leo is pretty close himself. Maybe there's hope for Mickel. The only way to find out is giving him a chance to prove it. I can't wait forever. But I already know that you two have my back."

As we hugged once more before going to bed, I was started to get that weird feeling about June's husband. I was hoping June would find the happiness she sought. As my fiancée and I snuggled in bed that night, I soon succumbed to her warmth, and he was far from the front of my mind.

The next day was Wednesday. Three days after would be the party.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers