Good Neighbors Ch. 096

Story Info
She has a bad day.
793 words
4.89
1.5k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 97 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers

One of the biggest misconceptions folks have assumed by reading about my neighbor is that she is always perky and positive and happy. I would love to perpetuate that myth, but that's not the case. There are times she wants to be alone for different reasons. One of the ways she lets me know is via text. I appreciate the notice when she's feeling like that, but it's difficult for me to let it go. I made the mistake earlier in our relationship when I did try to burst through her walls. It was a big mistake and took a ton of making up in order to appease her. It was from then on that I was more cognizant of it and took matters accordingly.

It happened recently that I woke up ready to spend the day with my neighbor when I looked at my phone and saw the signal. My heart dropped almost immediately. I was ready to go back to bed and stay there the whole day, but a part of me decided otherwise. It was then I started working on a plan. It started with finding this basket I had hiding in the bottom of my closet. It was formerly a gift basket from some of my employees back around the time my wife passed. I made sure it was cleaned out before I snuck out of the house towards the store.

I started looking for different things that I thought she would like. I went to the bath section and found some lavender bath bombs to start. I also found a cute, cuddly bear for her to cuddle if necessary. I found some of her favorite snacks like the black licorice bites she always bought at the store as well as some chocolate. I also bought a gift card for dinner delivery just in case also.

I made it home in pretty good time before I wrapped everything in a warm towel. I snuck over and lay the basket on her front doorstep before I rang the doorbell and snuck around the corner of her house. I could hear her grumbling a little as she opened the door and saw the basket. She looked around to try to find me, but I stayed hidden. Once I heard the door close, I went back to my house and started to work on some reports.

I stayed busy most of the day before I heard a knock at my door. I went and looked out the peephole and didn't see anyone. I then opened the door and looked down to where my basket was sitting. It was completely empty except for the envelope the gift card came in with a heart drawn on it and the word Thanks. This made me smile before I grabbed the basket and put it in my cupboard just in case.

It was at the end of a conference call that I received a text from my neighbor asking me if I ate dinner yet. I responded back that I was hungry and asked if she wanted me to pick something up. Her response was a request for Chinese. I told her I'd get it before getting dressed and heading to her favorite place for the food she wanted. It was almost an hour with traffic before I made it back and knocked on her door.

She opened the door and smiled as I showed her the offering and walked in. We started to set the table without saying much before we sat down to eat. Thankfully, it was during our meal that she opened to me a bit. It seemed like she was having one of those days.

"I'm sorry I worry you, Leo," she said.

I looked at her before offering a small smile.

"We all have those days, Beloved. The big thing is that you had the chance to work through it. You know I have no problem letting you vent on me."

"I know. Sometimes you just want to handle it yourself, you know?"

"I get it."

We ate some more before she leaned over and kissed me on the cheek.

"Remind me next time we go shopping to show you the bath bombs I like. The lavender is pretty good, but there's a few I love better."

"Sure thing. How did you know it was me though?"

"I recognized the basket. I had to help you finish off the treats, remember?"

I felt silly for a bit before she leaned over and used her fork to take a piece of chicken from my plate. I smiled as I realized that it's difficult to get through her defenses sometimes. I also realize I was pretty lucky she confided in me so much.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers