All Comments on 'Good Night With And Old Friend'

by jessiejm00

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Way down deep,

There really is a decent story lurking beneath the surface here. You'll get some negative comments here. Your choice whether you are discouraged by them or motivated by them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Grammar and spelling

You would make things easier for readers if you could improve your grammar and punctuation. I noticed run-on sentences that would have been easier to understand if a period (or two) were there to separate more different thoughts.

Incorrect spelling is also a distraction. For example, you wrote "or be very wonton with every man I see." "Wonton" is a kind of Chinese dumpling. I believe you meant "wanton," which means "promiscuous." But I spent some time trying to imagine the narrator as a Chinese food.

This is not just being picky — and there's no point being nasty about it (as other reviews). You want readers to be lost in your story, not repeatedly distracted by trying to figure out what you meant to say.

jessiejm00jessiejm00over 7 years agoAuthor
Feedback

I appreciate the feedback good and bad. I understand that my grammar and punctuation was not perfect. This was the first story I ever wrote and no in high school they did not cover the do's and don't's of everything. so I am still learning and improving. Thank you for leaving comments it really does help with what I need to work on.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous