Goodbye Girl

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
R410a
R410a
2,959 Followers

I had one as well but having another in the hands of someone who knew what to do with it would make things easier. We built the doors on the floor of the hay mow and used the M to lift them into place. The rail and rollers were still in good shape, the rollers needed oil which was quickly taken care of. In between building the first and second door we enjoyed toasted cheese sandwiches with some of gran's chili. By four that afternoon we were sitting on the ground leaning against the milkhouse wall enjoying a beer. She had worked with me steadily throughout the day. I noticed she was gone at one point and asked where she'd been when she returned.

"I went to pee. I can't walk around the corner and let fly like you. Even if I could I wouldn't want the tall grass tickling my bare butt."

We agreed to have me pick her up at six for dinner. On the way home after dinner she suggested we stop by the Starlight. It was a roller rink when we were young and had been converted to a dance hall since. Only open Friday and Saturday nights it drew quite a crowd. My thought was why not, I have nothing to lose. The DJ was playing older classic rock for the most part, lots of slower ballads by Foreigner and others. It was a pleasant evening, or shall I say it started out pleasant.

We had been there about thirty minutes dancing a slow song when there was a tap on my shoulder. As I turned I saw Claire cringe, it was none other than Taylor Scholz. I continued to move with Claire and quietly stated, "The lady isn't interested."

I wonder at times why people do the stupid things they do, this was one of those times. The fool grabbed my shoulder trying to turn me, I spun and kneed him in the balls. As he slouched forward my knee 'gently' greeted his face. The only thing left was for him to do was collapse onto the floor. I don't go looking for violence and avoid it when possible, this wasn't one of those times. I held onto Claires hand and bent with my face next to Taylor as he sobbed.

"You ever go near her again and I'll put you in the ground. Got it?"

His head nodded. Walking Claire to our table I squeezed her hand and winked. She giggled and whispered in my ear.

"As they say in jolly old England, you cheeky bastard."

We were gathering our belongings when a rather large dude approached with his hands raised in a no conflict manner.

"You folks might want to leave for tonight. You're welcome back but it's gonna get crappy here in about ten minutes. The bartender is a close friend of Taylor and he called the cops. I'll make sure they know who started it and who finished it, the cops won't bother you."

Claire held onto my hand the entire way to the truck. When I opened the door for her she stood still with an odd look on her face.

"Thanks George. I don't think I've ever had a man protect me like that. I feel safe with you. As a reward this damsel in distress would like to give you a kiss. Is that allowed kind sir?"

It didn't last long but it was sensual. Her soft full lips blending with mine, the smell of her perfume stimulating my senses, her body pressed to mine from the waist up. As we broke the kiss she stepped back. My hands were still on her waist when I quipped.

"That's it? One kiss after battling the dragon? Kind of stingy aren't you?"

She slapped my chest, "Be happy with that for now Sir Lancelot. There may be a goodnight kiss at my door as well."

There was a kiss at the door. In fact there were four or five with the last being the best. Her body was pressed tight to mine from head to toe, the only thing missing was her hips tilted forward to meet mine. Pushing herself back she spoke softly.

"I'm so glad you're home George. Got plans for tomorrow?"

I contemplated her question a moment before answering, "Mmm, not tomorrow but Monday I'm driving to Black Earth, there's a guy who still rebuilds magneto's. He said he thinks he has a carb for the A as well. I have his address and phone number. Wanna come along?"

With a quick lean forward she kissed me once more and asked, "What time are we leaving?"

I had arranged for the co-op to be on the farm Monday to put new tires on the A so I used the M to pull it into the middle of the machine shed Sunday afternoon. I helped Claire climb into my truck at seven thirty Monday morning, destination, south to Black earth and parts for my trusty old John Deere A. We stopped in Richland Center for an early lunch and then jumped back onto Hwy 14. As we passed Gotham I remembered being there for some sort of family reunion when I was a young boy. Back then it seemed big, today it wasn't much more than the blink of an eye.

Thank God for GPS in my truck or I'd have never found the place. It was a place in the country about halfway to Mazomanie but with a Black earth address. As we walked in we were greeted by a younger man in his forties, in the back on a rocking chair was an old white bearded gentleman watching. As I explained what I needed the old guy walked to the counter.

"You the fella from up north that called about parts for an A?"

"Yes sir. That's me, George Olsen. Nice to meet you."

He turned to the younger man telling him where to find what I needed, shook my hand and made his way back to the chair. With a rebuilt magneto, new plugs, a carburetor and petcocks we made our way back to the main highway. Having had an early lunch we were ready to stop at Culvers in Richland City for a sundae and more chit chat. By the time we'd reached La Crosse our stomachs were beginning to rumble. Claire suggested a pizza place she'd frequented while in college at UW La Crosse. Big Al's Pizza was every bit as good as she said it would be.

It was after nine by the time I dropped her off. We kissed at her door but with less zing than Saturday night's kisses. We were both tuckered and ready for sleep. The next morning I was busy installing parts on the John Deere when Claire walked into the shed in a light-colored knee length dress. With the sun behind I could see her silhouette as though she was naked. I smiled and said.

"Hello pretty lady. I love the dress."

She looked down and immediately knew what I was seeing as she scampered to the side away from the sunlight. Walking to me she crooned.

"Careful big boy, flattery will get you everywhere. Couldn't keep yourself from looking through my dress could you? Will that be enough to qualify you for another gold star on your man card?"

I was laughing so hard I nearly doubled over, "Considering how sexy that was I may get two gold stars. Whatcha all dressed up for?"

"Doctors appointment. Mammogram. I don't like them, but they have their place. Now that the hospital has expanded I can have that stuff done locally. It's more than double the size it used to be. That's why there's so much new housing, medical people."

I was curious, "How is it that we have such a large hospital now?"

"A medical group out of the cities bought all the little local hospitals and made ours a regional unit. They've added MRI capabilities and do minor surgeries as well. There are over 200 personnel working there, they all need somewhere to live. Land is bought as soon as it's on the market, I'm not sure how much longer life as we knew it as younger people will continue to exist."

With her hand on my shoulder she leaned close and gave me a chaste kiss. "Come for supper, I'm making fresh Bluegill and homemade fries. Be there at five."

She didn't ask, she told me. I wasn't sure if I should be pissed or just smile and nod my head. So I nodded and muttered, "Five it is."

It was early afternoon when I heard a vehicle slowly making its way to the machine shed. I recognized it as one of the Amish guy's trucks, only it wasn't a guy driving, it was his wife. Turns out they were going to be delayed on a new barn for three weeks and he wondered if I could get the steel delivered by the following Monday. I called the steel guy who informed me that if I was willing to pay the $150 overtime, he would have it delivered by noon Monday.

I let Amos know the outcome, he smiled and said he'd gladly cover the overtime so his men didn't have to sit idle. I mentioned that his wife looked awfully comfortable in that F-350 dually. He laughed.

"Yes, she still won't talk to a man unless I'm with her and then usually only if they aren't English, but she loves that truck. We don't have kids yet so she wants to be with me as much as she can if she gets to drive."

I was still chuckling to myself as they drove away. If they were going to start the following Monday, I would need to finish clearing out the hay mow for them to work and store tools. I talked with gran and told her that I was eating with Claire. She waved her hand at me in a shooing fashion.

"Don't worry about me. Got stew left from last night. I'll see you when you get home." Then she laughed. "If you get home."

I was confused, "What's that supposed to mean? If I get home."

"Just what I said. That girls got needs, her clock is tickin."

I stared at her like a dog at a new dish, "Gran, her clock stopped ticking long ago. What are you talking about?"

"Say what you like Georgie but that girls lookin to get frisky and she's ready to get frisky with you. She's got needs just like you do."

I was apparently being slack jawed again cuz grannie brought me out of the mind daze. "Close yer mouth Georgie, get cleaned up and go see Claire."

At Claire's I knocked on the back door and walked in. She was at the range hovered over a frying pan that contained breaded blue gill. Still in the dress she'd worn earlier looking as tantalizing as she did hours ago. Turning she smiled and waved, then pointed to the fryer.

"Drop those fries, they'll be done the same time these are. I hope you're hungry."

It had been decades since I ate fresh pan fish and homemade fries. It must have showed because I made an absolute pig of myself. When I stuffed in the last bite and sat back I glanced down. I looked like I was four months pregnant. With the kitchen cleaned and the dishwasher loaded she took my hand leading me into the family room where we sat side by side on the couch. We were close enough that our bodies were beginning to touch, with a serious look she started talking.

"Where are we going with this George? By that I mean us. I like you.... a lot.... and I think you like me. And as much as I hate this whole "hook up" culture the younger ones have going, I also know what I want out of life."

She took a deep breath and continued, "George, I don't want to be the goodbye girl any longer, I want to be your welcome home girl. I want us to know one another better and at the risk of sounding like a slut, I want you in my bed eventually. I've never forgotten the night you gave yourself to me. There were many nights in my younger years that I dreamt of you while pleasuring myself. I know this sounds sudden, but I would like that again. Just you and me, together, forever."

My answer was to take her in my arms and smother her with soft passionate kisses. Her hand was at the back of my neck holding me tight when her tongue flicked across my lips. Our kisses weren't frantic in any way, our tongues slowly explored, dancing back and forth. In a moment of bravery I slid my hand up and cupped her breast. She didn't push me away, choosing rather to sit back a few inches and stare at my hand on her breast.

"I like that, I haven't been caressed softly in a very long time. Most of the men I'd let touch me were aggressive, something that did nothing to turn me on. I'd slip my dress off but all I have on are a boring white cotton bra and panties to match. Maybe another night. I wouldn't mind more kissing and soft caresses though."

That was the night the rest of our lives began. By the time I went home at ten we'd been making out to the point that my hand was under the lower portion of her dress to cup an ass cheek. I started to move it to the front once but heard a faint "unh-uh" as we continued to kiss. She did allow me to open the top buttons of the dress and slide my fingers inside the bra. They felt wonderfully warm, soft, and though they were on the body of an older woman they felt firm. Walking me to the kitchen door as I left she slid into my arms pressing her entire body to mine.

"Thanks for a wonderful evening, thanks for being a gentleman. That carries a lot of weight with me. And don't worry, tonight wasn't a one off, we'll do this again."

As I stripped for bed I noticed my underwear were soaked with seminal fluid that had leaked throughout our make out session. It was another of those nights where I needed to take things in hand, only this time it wasn't from memories of long ago, this time it was thinking of the body I'd been touching only an hour ago. Paulie stopped over in the morning for a chat. Rod had taken a turn for the worse in the past few days and was in hospice care. We both knew what that meant, it wouldn't be long before his funeral. Just as she was getting ready to back away she stopped and lowered the window.

"I spoke with Claire this morning. In her words you guys had a steamy time on the couch last night. I'm so happy that you two have found each other again. I need to go, Rod is expecting me."

She had no more than left when Claire walked up the drive. With a soft good morning kiss she asked what was on the agenda for the day. I mumbled, "Cleaning the mow."

She smiled, "Then let's get to it."

I had her on the M taking buckets of old moldy hay and straw down to the pile of burnable rubbish while I used a pitchfork to clear debris away from the walls. It was one fifteen when we finished, imagine my surprise to see gran walking slowly toward us with her four wheeled walker.

I ran to her, "What are you doing out here. You might fall."

She slapped my hand, "Who do think fed the cats when you weren't here. You aint too big to take over my knee ya know. Lunch is on the counter, I'm gonna walk to the creek, it's to nice a day to stay inside."

We moved our sandwiches and beer onto the porch where we could watch her as we ate. She stood on the bridge with her face to the wind for what seemed like a long time, her long thinning hair fluttering in the breeze. Slowly, ever so slowly she made her way back to the house. I helped her up the porch steps where she informed us that she was ready for a nap. A nap sounded good. I laid on the hard wooden porch floor as Claire laughed at me. When I woke twenty minutes later Claire was next to me still breathing slowly. My sitting up woke her, taking my hand in hers to help her up we both laughed softly.

"Guess I was more tired than I thought." She said.

I offered to walk her back to her place, but she told me not to. She was a big girl and perfectly safe on our old valley road, were her exact words. I called her that evening asking if she knew of anyone in the area that rented excavators.

"As a matter of fact I don't, but I do know someone who will let me use theirs. My brother. What's up?"

"I want to tear that chicken coop down and move it to the burn pile. Do you think he'd let me use it a few days?"

"Nope. But he'll let me use it. As long as I'm running it, he won't mind at all. Before you ask, yes, I'm well able to use that piece of equipment. I'll be there by nine. Goodnight handsome."

I was standing by the barn as she drove the excavator up the driveway. Considering her brother was less than a mile away and the excavator had rubber tracks it made no sense to haul it on a trailer. Instead she drove it to my place on the gravel shoulder of the road. Watching her work I found myself duly impressed with her operational skills, she had the main structure down in less than an hour. It took us another two hours to move the debris to the burn pile and clean the area of debris.

Lunch was sandwich meat on fresh rolls and chips washed down with an ice-cold glass of milk. Gran had made cookies in the morning, it became our mission to eat at least three or four each. After a short visit on the porch she climbed in the cab of the excavator waving goodbye as she headed to her brothers. We didn't get together that night or the next. I spent my days working on the A without much success, it would start but as soon as I put a demand on the engine it would stop, and then pick up if I removed the demand on the engine.

I was about ready to tear my hair out when it dawned on me that I hadn't checked the fuel line. It had been empty and dry for so long I never gave it a thought. With the fuel line removed I blew through it, or should I say, tried to blow through it. I could barely feel any airflow on the opposite end. Using a short length of stranded number 14 wire I slowly snaked it through watching if anything came out. Imagine my surprise when a dead dried beetle appeared.

I was laughing to myself as I put the fuel line back on. Imagine my elation when I slowly eased the hand clutch forward, the old girl didn't balk at all. She was chugging like only a two lunger can as I proceeded down the driveway. I had changed the oil previously, the old work horse was ready to be used once again, no longer sentenced to sit idle in the machine shed. As I chugged on down the road toward Claire's I slowed enough to turn into her driveway. I was nowhere near the house when I saw her standing outside waving at me. Turning the tractor off I sat there looking at her.

Claire was all smiles, "I could hear a Johnny popper coming down the road and figured it was you. Sounds like she's running good. Got time for a cup of coffee and piece of pie, just made it last night. Blueberry."

I hopped off the tractor, "Will it come with a kiss on the side?"

She giggled, "Hell no, it will come with a kiss right her and now. Pucker up buttercup."

After pie, coffee and small talk it was time to get back home, gran would be wondering where I was as we were planning to go see Rod in hospice about four o'clock. With the John Deere put away I glanced over where the '37 sat, still under the tarp covered with pigeon shit. Would I have time to get to it by fall, or was it going to be a winter project? Knowing all that had to be accomplished over the summer and fall I decided to put it on the back burner so to speak. The visit with Rod would be the last time I saw him alive. Pauline was with him when he slipped from this universe at 3:17am. She was having him cremated, planning a celebration of life service in the fall, his favorite season.

With roofing steel due to arrive on Monday there would be no time for fun projects. I wouldn't be working with the crew, but I planned to be present while they were on site. Amos called Sunday night telling me they would be at the farm by seven the next morning. Their plan was to begin removing the old roof in sections and making repairs as they went along. Once the old roofing was off and all repairs were made they would begin installing the new roof.

I talked with Claire a few minutes following that conversation, she told she would be by with lunch for everyone. I quickly called Amos back with the news, he told me that would be much appreciated. At 6:45 the next morning I watched as four pickup trucks pulled in the driveway, the F 350 was pulling a huge trailer with a wide based 50-foot articulating scissors lift on all terrain wheels. I caught myself thinking, 'yup, these boys came ready to gitter dun'. With safety harnesses and anchoring posts at the top they set about stripping the roof.

By the time the steel arrived mid-morning they had one quarter of the roof stripped on one side waiting for the lumber yard to show up with materials for roof repairs. By the time the steel was unloaded and put where the crew wanted it the lumber yard truck arrived. With that truck unloaded it was time to start thinking about lunch. I looked up and who should be the next in the driveway but Claire with sloppy joes, a plethora of chips, potato salad and a large cooler full of cold drinks.

R410a
R410a
2,959 Followers