Goodman, Dorsey, Miller...

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, there's probably no way I'd ever be able pay you," Andy mused aloud.

"If he'd just kept his mouth shut until someone could have represented him? We'd have a better chance," Eric agreed.

"So, what do you know about the Public defenders?" Andy asked glumly.

"Believe it or not, there's a few pretty good ones," Eric said.

"Well, how about handling a divorce?" Andy switched direction.

"Eric quoted him the same 'Family & Friends' discount. Andy agreed to send Eric the amount and hung up.

"Sorry, Sport. There is no way we can afford Eric Greene," Andy said. "But, he will do your divorce for you."

"You are welcome, son. No, no reason to thank me," Andy interrupted Steve's protests. "After all, it's your shit storm, not mine, but it's my money, not yours."

David Comeaux was Steve's court-appointed legal defense. David attempted a little levity, teasing Steve about the several shellacking's Cabrini High School had dealt to St. Thomas Aquinas over the years. With a shrug, David then said, perhaps, if Steve had gone to Cabrini, he would have known to keep his mouth shut until legal representation could be secured for Steve.

"Seriously, Mr. Guillory, telling the arresting officer that you had gone to the nightclub with specific intent to cause bodily harm?" David asked.

"I was drunk," Steve mumbled.

"Well, no kidding. Seriously doubt any sober person would be that stupid," David blurted out.

Steve glumly left the young lawyer's office. A check of his pockets revealed he had only a few dollars, not enough for a meal at any of the local restaurants. With a heavy sigh, Steve drove to his mother's home.

"Going have be peanut butter and jelly; check don't come in 'til the third," Edna grumbled.

"God bless," Steve said but made himself a sandwich with the slightly stale whole wheat bread.

"Who could that be?" Edna asked as someone knocked smartly on the door.

"Hi, rang the bell couple times, then saw the little sign; looks like it fell off there," Steve heard a cheerful voice greet Edna.

"Yeah, the stupid tack keeps falling out," Edna agreed.

"Oh, well, let me see if I can fix that for you," the cheerful voice offered as Steve stuffed another bite into his mouth.

Steve was almost finished the sandwich when Edna let Steve know that the man at the door was there for him. Steve was puzzled but went to the door.

"Aw shit, not you again," Steve growled at Richard Boudreaux.

"Hey, stopped by your trailer; they're fixing that screen door of yours," Richard said cheerfully. "But they said you might be over here since your trailer's up for sale. You got any idea what they wanting for it? See, Bernie's Sister Phyllis? She's fixing get out of school and says she's wanting get a place of her own. I don't know why, good a cook as her momma is? And here you go; you've been served."

Richard snapped a digital photograph of the red-faced Steve Guillory holding the manilla envelope. Then the smiling man walked to his car, still chattering about his mother-in-law's cooking.

Robbie Robertson's wife, Samantha Robertson was suing Steven Guillory for the wrongful death of her husband. Even Edna's comment about getting blood out of a stone did not help Steve's already foul mood.

"Was wondering if she was going do that," David Comeaux said genially when he returned Steve's phone call, three hours later. "But, no, Mr. Guillory; that's a civil matter. I would not handle that sort of thing."

"Hey, wait a minute," Steve blurted out. "They're selling the trailer. Where, where the hell did Chrissy move to?"

"That's a good question," Edna said, looking up from the Rodney Prejean Hour on Channel 12. "And she's got her that Penny Jones; you can't tell me that lawyer's working for free, huh?"

Tammy Hale, a real estate agent with Carmen Davis Realty was able to find a buyer for the trailer. After the remainder had been paid off and all repairs paid for, Steve's half came out to eight thousand four hundred dollars. Money in hand, he went to Eric Green with the law office of Banks, Chastaine, Greene & Associates.

Penny Jones, attorney for Samantha Robertson agreed to hold off the civil trial until Steve's criminal trial in the death of Robbie Robertson had been decided. Eric wiped the triumphant smirk from Steve's face; a conviction in the criminal case just made Penny's job that much easier in the civil case.

"And..." Eric mused, digging through his papers on his desk. "Uh huh; Ms. Jones is also representing your estranged wife in the divorce."

"Isn't that, what's it called? Double Jeopardy?" Steve asked.

"And people made fun of me for graduating from a public High School?" Eric asked himself, shaking his head.

"I think the term you're looking for is 'conflict of interest,' and the answer is 'no,'" Eric said.

The divorce was handled by Penny and Eric entering Judge Marie Robichaux's chambers; neither side was contesting the division of assets, neither side was requesting counseling. A scribbled signature, a stamp and the papers were filed. After the appropriate amount of time had elapsed, the union would be severed.

"Even when it's bloodless, it's still an ugly thing," Penny sighed as she urged her pregnant body out of the chair.

"Agreed," Eric said. "I, you know, if they insisted on a ninety day 'cool-down' period, you know, before you could get married? Bet there'd be a lot less divorce."

"Mm hmm; let them find out that 'forever and ever' sometimes is just a bunch of scrambled hormones acting up," Penny agreed. "And tell Polly I'm still mad at her for stealing Ashley from us. Girl was one of our best paralegals, hear?"

"What?" Eric smiled, pushing his wheelchair and keeping pace with Penny's waddling stride. "We're supposed steal the bad ones?"

"I'll send you a list," Penny laughed, holding the door open for Eric.

With Steve's own confession, the testimony of the several eyewitnesses, and Chrissy's testimony, the jury deliberated for twenty minutes before rendering their verdict of guilty of manslaughter. They were thanked for their service and Judge Jesse Johnson set a date for sentencing.

"Listen, Steve, it could have been worse," David said glumly. "They could have gone for second degree, okay? Oh, and real smart, leaving all those messages at Chrissy's work, huh?"

"I, Chrissy, she wasn't supposed testify like that," Steve suggested. "Right? Your wife can't testify against you, right?"

"God, Steve, hey, while you're in prison? Do yourself a favor. Take a little time and read a couple of books, okay?" David sighed, turning to walk away. "No. A wife can't be compelled to testify against you. But she can volunteer all day long. And, remember? She's your EX wife. An ex-wife? Yeah, buddy, she can testify against you as much as she wants."

The eight thousand four hundred dollars was eaten up quickly by Eric Greene's attempt to defend against Samantha Robertson's civil suit. Even so, the plaintiff was able to score a half-million dollar settlement against Steve Guillory. The win was purely symbolic; Steve was awaiting sentencing and would most likely be a guest of Mumphrey Maximum Security Penitentiary for the next decade. There was very little chance Samantha Robertson would ever see a penny of that five hundred thousand dollars.

"I, I still love you," Steve said to Chrissy as she stood up.

For a long moment, the beautiful blonde regarded her ex-husband with cool eyes. Then she blinked and gave him a soft smile.

"And I did love you," she said softly before walking out of the courtroom.

Leaving the courtroom, Chrissy breathed in deeply of the crisp October air. It was a crisp, invigorating mixture of scents. With a soft smile, Chrissy skipped down the steps and strolled to her car.

Driving north-northeast on Highway 19, Chrissy put on her turn signal and pulled into the parking lot of The Casual, a quiet lounge that had no glitz or glitter to attract the eye. It was a drab cinderblock building with a drab wooden door. The neon sign that announced the lounge was open was dim, as drab as the rest of the building's exterior.

Inside, the bar was dark paneling and dark furniture. The interior was lighted by soft recessed lighting and soft piano music tinkled from ceiling mounted speakers. The bar was not dingy or run-down; it had a comfortable, casual appeal.

"Joe Bob, thought your doctor said..." an older man was saying.

"Doctors don't know shit," an old drunk slurred bitterly. "Why you think it's called 'practicing medicine,' huh? 'Cause they don't know what the fuck they talking 'bout."

Chrissy slid onto the soft leather barstool next to Samantha Robertson. Their warm brown eyes met in the smoked glass mirror that hung over the bar. Both women smiled and nodded to one another.

"Yes ma'am, ladies," Terry smiled, turning his attention from Joe Bob. "What'll it be?"

"Saw on the news? That real pretty, Chelsea Duhon? Y'all have that real old whiskey?" Samantha asked.

"Yes ma'am; Oakleaf," Terry verified. "Twenty five dollars a shot, hear?"

"Go ahead," Chrissy told him. "One for each of us."

"Yes, after all, it's not every day I win five hundred thousand dollars," Samantha quipped.

"Well, hey now!" Terry smiled widely.

"Don't get too excited; she'll never see a penny of it," Chrissy laughed.

Terry poured two shot glasses of the rich amber liquid. Samantha and Chrissy gently clinked their glasses together in a silent toast. Then each woman sipped a little of the aromatic liquor and savored the taste for a moment.

"Mm, that, that is good," Samantha affirmed, nodding in satisfaction.

"God, yes it is," Chrissy agreed.

Terry turned to pour a draft beer for a morbidly obese customer. Samantha looked in the mirror again at the beautiful blonde to her right. There was a tuft of blonde that continuously fell over Chrissy's left eye and Samantha resisted the urge to push the lock of hair back. Chrissy's face was narrow, with light blonde eyebrows perfectly shaped over her warm caramel brown eyes. Her nose was slim, perfectly proportioned for her face. Her cheekbones were high, giving her a Nordic look and her lips were plump, perfectly pink lips. Chrissy's jawline was a strong one, leading into Chrissy's slim neck.

"What are you looking at?" Chrissy smiled, taking another sip of the expensive whiskey.

"You," Samantha whispered.

"Mm," Chrissy purred, looking at Samantha's reflection.

Samantha's knee length brunette hair fell in dark brown waves from Samantha's round face. Her warm brown eyes were under a heavy brown eyebrow and her nose was just a tad too large for her round face. Her lips were pursed in a cupid's bow. Looking in the mirror, Chrissy couldn't make out the adorable smattering of freckles that she knew dotted Samantha's round cheeks.

For several long moments, the two women just peered into the mirror at their shared reflections. With a soft smile, Samantha took another sip of the whiskey. Chrissy raised her own glass and took another sip of the smooth liquor.

"Mordbrand, Kansas? Seriously, Samantha, what's in Mordbrand?" Chrissy asked.

"First Bank of Mordbrand; you know that," Samantha said, gently resting her hand on Chrissy's upper thigh.

"No, no, I mean, where'm I supposed work?" Chrissy asked. "Not like I'm going sit at the apartment all day while you're off at work."

"I, Chrissy, you you're an excellent AA; Helen said she'd give you top references," Samantha said.

Samantha rubbed up and down Chrissy's stocking clad leg. She made Chrissy gasp and clutch Samantha's hand when Samantha moved to raise the skirt him up Chrissy's leg.

"He wasn't supposed kill him," Samantha said quietly, eyes still peering at Chrissy in the mirror.

"And you were supposed to be there twenty minutes earlier," Chrissy lightly accused.

"I told you, stupid bitch backed into me; we had to wait forever for a police report," Samantha said, finishing her glass of Oakleaf whiskey.

"At least you didn't have pay for a divorce," Chrissy said, resting her hand on Samantha's thigh. "And, let's not forget Robbie had that insurance, huh?"

"Another?" Terry asked, approaching the two women.

"Home?" Samantha asked Chrissy.

"Home," Chrissy affirmed.

The End.

**Author's Note: I write these stories for my pleasure; I post them here for your enjoyment. I thank you sincerely for reading my stories.

I especially thank those that take the time to leave comments, good and bad. I also thank those that take the time to rate my words, those that 'Favorite' my work.

Robert 'Robbie' Robertson, Amy Horner, formerly Amy Brodt, and Sean Horner are all characters introduced in the 'Knowing Your Strength' series in the NonHuman category. Robbie's wife, Samantha Robertson, formerly Samantha Gremillion is likewise introduced in the same series.

Margot Murphy, the AA briefly mentioned in this story is the principal character in 'Sugar Cube Ch. 01' in Lesbian Sex.

Crystal Hebert, the other AA briefly mentioned is a character briefly mentioned in 'Five Trailers: Lot B' in the Romance category.

Chrissy Guillory, formerly Chrissy Theriot is a character first introduced in 'If He Ever Told Her No' in the Loving Wives category.

Steven 'Steve' Guillory is a character first introduced in the Knowing Your Strength' series.

Helen Mouton, the woman that suggests the girls' night out is first introduced in 'Week Of The Big Five-Oh' in the Mature category.

Whitney Simpson, the receptionist, and Jill, the AA are minor characters introduced in 'Dancing Lessons' in the Loving Wives category.

Joy Decker is the daughter of Angela and Dwayne Decker. Angela and Dwayne were introduced in 'Garden By The Front Door' in the Loving Wives category. In that story, it is mentioned that Angela and Dwayne have four children.

Officer Brian Jochet is introduced in 'Eyes Like The Ocean' in the Anal category.

Lieutenant Mike Stevens is introduced in the 'Grand Opening' series and makes sporadic appearances in other stories centered in the greater DeGarde area, such as 'Love, Bullets, and Badges' in the Romance category.

Sergeant Darren Richards is introduced in the 'Love, Bullets, and Badges' series in the Romance category.

Matthew Mattie Anders, the manager of the Foxtrot Lounge is a minor character introduced in 'Jack O Lantern' in the Anal category.

Leslie Anders, formerly Leslie Webb, Mattie's wife is a character introduced in the 'Yapping Dogs' series in the Loving Wives category.

Richard Boudreaux, the process server is a character first introduced in the 'Yearbook 2005' series in the Novels & Novellas category. He makes sporadic appearances in stories centered in the greater DeGarde area.

Eric Greene, the paraplegic attorney is a character first introduced in the 'Inferno' series in the Loving Wives category.

Chrissy's attorney, Penny Jones, formerly Penny Richards is a character first introduced in 'Righting A Wrong' in the Romance category.

Judge Marie Robichaux is a character first introduced in the 'The Broussard Sisters' series in the Group Sex category.

The Casual bar, Joe Bob, and Terry the owner/bartender are introduced in 'Is This Seat Taken?' in the Lesbian Sex category. The Oakleaf whiskey makes its appearance in the same story.

To clear up any confusion. Samantha and Chrissy are lovers. How or when they became lovers is not germane to this story. The plan was to have Samantha 'catch' her husband in a compromising position with a subordinate, Chrissy. Remember, when Steve confronted them, Robbie had his hand firmly on Chrissy's delectable rear end. That, I am sure, was not the first time that evening that Robbie had put his hands where they didn't belong. This way, Chrissy could claim sexual harassment and file a lawsuit against Robbie and against St. Elizabeth Public Utilities. Armed with this information, Samantha could file for a divorce from Robbie and expect a favorable outcome.

As Steve's behavior had escalated to emotional and physical abuse, Chrissy was already in the planning stages of orchestrating her exit. The plan was to goad Steve into publically assaulting Chrissy in front of co-workers and bar patrons. Both Vermillion and Foxtrot employed bouncers, so Chrissy was confident she was in no real danger if and when Steve did confront her. But as often does happen when dealing with a drunkard, Steve thoroughly fouled up those plans.

Mordbrand, Kansas is a nod of appreciation to my friend and fellow contributor to the Literotica web site. At present, Mordbrand, Kansas is little more than a post office, a truck stop and diner, and a Home Comfort Inn. Apparently, the town is beginning to grow to the point that they are in need of a bank, the First Bank of Mordbrand. Samantha Robertson will be the manager of the First Bank of Mordbrand.

Have a swell day. And some of you? Have a swollen day.