All Comments on 'Gorilla and the Metalhead Pt. 13'

by flatiron2

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

OMG!! WOW!!

Have followed this story from the beginning.

Oddly reading chspter 1 the characters weren't ones I thought I'd feel invested in but hell you wrote so well that now I'm left stunned.

Carlos lost his soulmate, but oddly I wonder if Gorilla could've lived happily in one place.

Please would you consider a sequel so we can see how Carlos moves on with life and what happens with Pete and Ace.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ouch.

bluboynbamabluboynbamaabout 1 year ago

You just wrecked me completely. Don't care for happy endings but this rocked me to my core. Well written, the pacing was excellent and I could feel Carlos' pain, the questions, the loss. Well done.

StraycatndcStraycatndcabout 1 year ago

First, 5 stars for an excellent adventure, story and writing! I know life isn't always a happy ending but this ending brought tears to my eyes, especially Carlos's tribute. My afternoon was destroyed. I loved these two together. I would love a story about Ace and Pete though.

flatiron2flatiron2about 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I worked really hard on this last chapter, but I didn't have any clue about how it might be received. It feels quite different to a lot of the stories I read here.

I'd planned the story to end this way, but I hadn't planned on the emergence of Pete's and Ace's attraction. Their characters kind of 'grew' as I was writing, but you're right, their story could be worth a sequel. I definitely have a thing for metalheads, and it's fun to write about them. I'll see if I can think of something good, but if anyone's got ideas, please message me, I'd love to hear them!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nooooooo 😪😪😪😪😪

sealandssdsealandssd12 months ago

Promise me not to make Jay or Rio get AIDS.

flatiron2flatiron212 months agoAuthor

I promise.

Exluke1Exluke19 months ago

Very moving! Carlos’s decision to wait until after the funeral was perfect as was his reasoning. I thought he’d ask for his mom or Pete to be called that fateful night. It’s interesting that frequently some of the people who seem so confident and perhaps perform on stage and are extroverted like Carlos, still have that notion of wanting to feel safe and protected. Gorilla kept wondering what Carlos saw in him, and now we know. I don’t know really how to describe this, but I am also sad for Carlos beyond losing his loved main dude that until now he has not kept a few really good/best friends that he’s known for years and are still in his life. So he asks for Pete, the guy with whom he had a threesome with just last night and seemed content to leave in Ace’s arms. I think this scenario happens often and makes me pause to be thankful that I have a couple people in my life that I would call too. This story is not about monogamy but I think Carlos is changed now as evidenced by his somber words spoken to his sweat and devoted drummer Pete. I vividly remember the funeral of my best friend who died suddenly of a massive pulmonary embolism. We were in our late 30’s and had been best friends since kindergarten honestly, and I cried when I was told by his parents. But I broke when they closed his casket at the graveside service knowing I’d never see him again. I was also changed at that moment.

AgginAggin7 months ago

I can’t take this - why am I crying for this ? This is too much for me. 3:30AM and deeply sad and love you Gorilla and RIP - Take Carlos - I too I’m hurting with you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous