All Comments on 'Got to Choose'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 70 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Cute, and the best part is that he's got some babysitters available whenever he wants to get his dick wet with Sara. Of course, this will have to stop once he ditches her to find a real mom for his kids, not that unfaithful tramp. Alex is the real lucky one in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
DNA

Did he check?

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 4 years ago
Gotta Talk!!

This bittersweet tale confirms what many authors in Literotica demonstrate.but rarely say: most of the problems between people happen because one or both are reluctant to talk. You have to tell the one you care for what's on your mind and let it all hang out. When everyone is aware of the real facts, then you can move ahead and make decisions. If there are hidden agendas and secrets you end up with a mess like Jesse and Sara and Alex and Kate. If Sara had just picked up the phone or texted Alex none of this would have happened. The same thing happens every day in our political world where people refuse to sit down with others and talk things through. In another time, a time of bipartisanship, people who disagreed,even strongly, would sit down and hash things through. Compromise was the name of the game and this works with personal matters too. I guess we can blame this on the youth of the protagonists, but perhaps their parents could have guided them. Perhaps this is intended to have a "happy" ending, but to me it's just sad. 3*

Bh76Bh76over 4 years agoAuthor
Sara wins

I set out to write something that ended up with the hero getting hurt and the bad guy (or girl) in this case winning. I found it hard to do in the context of a romance. I almost didn’t post it and probably shouldn’t have but live and learn.

Thanks for reading and commenting.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Cute! 5*****

Lovely story about loving people. I enjoyed it tremendously.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
How?

Could he ever really trust that bitch?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Emotionally bare

When u loose the love of ur life so suddenly..the shock numbs you...u are a wreck mentally and emotionally...the protagonist displayed none of them when Kate died...almost as if there was no emotional connect between the two.

Bh76 made Kate a sort of stopgap character in the story of Sara and Jesse...does not work for me..u have to give the emotive buildup required to show that he lost someone he loved..else it looks and reads and feels like a bland narration

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Okay

But the dad's "I kept that as a reminder to not jump to conclusions" was totally bullshit.

He didn't "jump to conclusions." She'd already introduced him as her "boyfriend at school." THAT would have been the best time to leave. She was a "have your cake and eat it too" person.

Ironman52Ironman52over 4 years ago
Like a lot.

Poor communication and/or jumping to conclusions is at the heart of most romance.

One issue. I am not sure if this was a mistake or not.

"We honeymooned on a cruise. I don't think we saw any part of the boat for the first two days. SARA wanted to work on the second phase of her plan right away and I was all for it. I wanted kids too. "

Should that be KATE instead or SARA here?

Flar1958Flar1958over 4 years ago
Mixed feelings

In one way it is boring as always the guy runs and no talk out goes. Are all american guys such pussies? In the other way it is interesting in which ways they got back together.

And Sara did it right, it is no coward way to write a letter to end a relationsship its personel ,a coward is to text on phone or email.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

Good story, but he should have ended up with the younger sister. I wouldn't trust Sara further than I could throw the flighty bitch!

Sara only had herself to blame for the way she destroyed her relationship with Jesse. If she was going to dump the long-distance boyfriend, why did she go out on a double date with him? She should have met Alex alone and had a "we needed to talk" conversation to break up with him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks for the effort, . . .

but kind of juvenile and amateurish. Neither party acted like an intellectual adult. Really serious deep relationships are not hit or miss, coincidental or ambiguous. Love and romance can be as haphazard and unpredictable as you want. A solid marriage partnership is based on complete open honest and vigorous communication and negotiation. You ignore your lover's email or phone call, you're a dumb shit. You refuse to allow them to explain or justify at least once, you're an asshole who is not ready to engage in adult relationships.

Real people make real mistakes and real communication does not interfere with determining the truth. The more you interact with a true slut or asshole the more you can discern that they are a true slut or asshole. So why cut off the interaction that reveals what you really want to know about a person? If you don't trust your senses and perceptions then you are not yet ready to court an adult and enter into a real marriage. Grow up more.

Thanks for the effort.

cybojicybojiabout 4 years ago
Can relate

To jessies situation. Girls in college are a mess. They have no idea what they want even if the best thing was standing in front of them with a sign and a arrow pointing at the guy : "this is the greatest thing you'll ever find". Guys are not as flighty, especially good ones. You crush us, we are done. Happened to me a couple of times and you know what, they always tried to come back. 5

mmbny47mmbny47about 4 years ago
cyboji called it right

I don't agree with a lot of reader comments but "cyboji" could not have been more right. The folks in this story are more life like than any story I have read in a long time. Good job. Keep writing your on a roll. Thank you!

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Romance is in everything. Contrived and I guessed but amore

Enjoyed the story

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Ok figured it out but ok

Enjoyed the story

fritz51fritz51about 4 years ago
@ Flar1958

Expanding on the comment that breaking up by letter is cowardly. I agree, if one person in a relationship needs to end it, an honest talk is the only acceptable method.

That said, regarding this story, I can not condone Sara going out with Alex on a double date, allowing him to have his arm around her, demonstrating to all onlookers that they were still a couple.

If Sara was choosing Jesse, then, at most, she should meet Alex alone and state her decision. Jesse caught her in the middle of a date, I only fault him for pouring the coke on Alex, if it had to be poured on someone, the recipient should have been Sara.

I felt for Kate, Jesse was damaged goods, had she not died, I think she would have completely repaired him.

Very good story, probably reflects actual human reactions better than the way I would have preferred it to end, a BTB end for Sara. *****

timrivtimrivabout 4 years ago

Pretty decent love story. I know about bleeding almost lost my wife to the same thing, it was a nail bitter but she made it. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I have one issue

So she goes on a 3 day binge and her father intervenes and threatens to send her into rehab.. Are you having a laugh?? Seriously? Her one time being on a 3 day bender.. Rehab??

As a self respecting Irishman.. I've had days, week, 2 week binges and more but never have I believed I've needed rehab..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Cliche

I’ve had some time being stuck at home now, and I’ve read several stories on here where the replacement wife dies tragically so that our hero can reunite with his first love. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s a little too tidy. I think a more nuanced reconciliation would be much more satisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This Is The First

Of your stories that I absolutely hated, the slut and the cuck. How stupid can one man be anyway? Also, I assume it was just a typo but if he married Kate why was he on his honeymoon with Sara. Signed: BTW

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 4 years ago
Well

Sara was too much of a reckless, faithless, lying slut to be sympathetic but this was entertaining.

This family has rich and loveable characters and I am finding it hard to believe the actions of Ali later for turning into such a backstabbing, treacherous whore who lied to and betrayed, not only her very good husband Frank, but the rest of this amazing family!

Please complete the Ali and Frank arc! Too much doesn't make sense and there are too many deep betrayals that need answering.

Ali has a reconning coming that would destroy most and will devastate everyone of her family and friends with the possible exception of Marci.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 4 years ago
Auto correct is killing me....

Reckoning.......

I both love and hate my new phone......

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Wrong

Wrong woman died.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
More like this

You've created very interesting characters in your stories that weave in and out of each others lives sometimes. Of all your couples and stories Sarah and Jesse are my favorite. I noticed they're still together in one of your stories years later. They both deserve what they've found, would love to hear more from them.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 4 years ago
No

And 5-10 years down the road she's back with Alex or equivalent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
hmmm

She was having sex with someone else because she felt she was falling in love with him?

uhhhhh, no

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
U sure can pick them

I have always felt that your stories lacked depth...especially emotions! It’s as if someone is going through the motions and not feeling them..if u read Ohio or Carvohi or JWO or Malrouax ...u feel included in the narrative..when reading their writings you feel included in the emotions ..almost as if you want to get involved and help is some way...but with your stories that feeling just does not exist...it’s drab...almost as if something is happening far way..take this story for example..Kate dies giving birth to his kids...and his emotions were less then what one would if a pet died!!! You need to really work on putting yourself in the place of your protagonist and feel his pain...imagine what would you feel if you suddenly lost your life partner..the love of your life ...that too at a moment that should hve been the greatest moment of your lives together...the birth of your children!...somehow that fell flat in your story...as if you were hurrying up your narrative to reach a conclusion!!

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Good story

But the MC May have set some kind of record for bad decisions with one woman

Rob5373Rob5373almost 4 years ago
Love your stories

Another one in the win column. A heart wrenching tale with a happy ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
its just ok

I didn't feel the emotion. When in college she was up front about not being exclusive. The dummy didn't bother to check that it was not him at school only while poor alex was getting cheated on left and right. When he figured out she was having unprotected sex all over school he should have made up his mind then, as he did. She was not really hiding anything. So I felt sorry for Alex.

I have no idea why he would though get back to her. Again, not her fault for wanting to not be exclusive before but is she the kind of girl he wants? She didn't act it. SO shame on home for picking her up.

Lastly was the date after three years. He is told it was not what it appeared. But it was. It was a double date. When she finally got the chance to explain to him about the letter and wanting to break up in person she also mentioned the monthly calls. So for three years she spoke to this guy and never once said we are breaking up?

I would have told her no way are going to be together. We can be friends but that is it.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Not bad... Borderline RAAC???

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

call it what it is, and that is a RAAC story. she lied to him and didnt tell him the other guy was going to be there and she never told that guy about the letter breaking up with him. the trust goes out the window right there

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Story Good.

Some comments show the same lack of common sense that he did by not checking the facts.

If only he had waited for answers instead of grabbing the pitcher.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The story was so-so. Sara never told Jesse she tried to break up with Alex. Never told him she was meeting Alex for pizza. She let Alex put his arm around her during dinner?? Sending the wrong signal there.... One would never go on a double date to break up with someone. One never plans a dinner date to break up either. Hmmmm... Do I tell him during dinner or wait till dessert? That set up Dumb and it doesnt work. But hey, she was dumb and so was he so maybe it did work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I can see that a lot of the situations people are pointing out were just written in for the drama. The double date arms around sara when her intention is to break up? She calls him once a month and never does the break up?

I don't fault her early on when she does not want to be exclusive. I think she did the right thing. It was Jesse who was wrong to not know that she would be having sex with others. What was he thinking when she said she would date others?

Jesse was horrible to marry Kate. If he didn't love her then let her go.

Lastly, how does a sexy hot woman that loved sex move to NYC and not ever date? Bull shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

JESSE WAS WIMP LOSER FROM THE OUTSET....THE SLUT PLAYED HIM ALL ALONG.....HIS PATHETIC FAMILY SHOULD WORRY ABOUT THEIR OWN RELATIONSHIPS!! WIMP JESE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really, Sara did not date anyone in NY yet she was playing the fieldback home....nun in NY 🤣🤣🤣

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sara went on a date with Alex to breakup with him, bullshit! As soon as he came to her door to pick Sara up, she should have told him they were breaking up. She didn’t owe Alex one last date! Run, Jesse Run!

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesalmost 3 years ago

I dislike the "I deleted all her messages" trope that is used time and again, especially in LW stories. And what was the point of the Kate detour? She is whisked onstage only to be yanked off by a convenient death a few paragraphs later, adding nothing vital to the narrative. Still, the story kept my interest, so well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'm puzzled by the dislike of this story. I enjoyed it.

weathermanksweathermanksalmost 3 years ago

Wow, just wow. Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If you don't understand the negative comments it's because a lot of Lit readers, esp the ones who read LW stories are insecure beta males with tiny tiny .... If the girl does anything wrong and the guy doesnt scorch the earth underneath her they will never approve of the story. It's why they are so miserable irl

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed it, but the ending was too short.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Awww. What a wonderful way, to honor your dead wife’s memory. Turn her kids over, to the bitch that cucked you! One star, and I was being generous.

goodshoes2goodshoes2about 2 years ago

Short ending. Should have been more, BUT sill 5 stars. Just proves that s--- happens to all of us and we have to figure it out some time or another.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I agree with goodshoe2 in feeling it needed more time and length to the ending. Too rushed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm flabbergasted. It took 3 years for the letter to be returned? Or just for her parents to remember to give it to her? And they never mentioned it to her in 3 years? She was talking to him monthly for 3 years? She never mentioned she was dating someone else in 3 years? She never saw him for 3 years but he still thought she was his girl? Come on.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 2 years ago

4. Was okay but too short, didn't have a proper build up. It was pretty obvious poor Kate was doomed and that Sara would be back in the saddle but I think with the short length it didn't properly build up to it. Seemed like Kate had barely died and he was already ready to get back with Sara.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

heat break and a cheating wife to soon follow. at least she can't take your kids and house in a future divorce

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I know it's sort of plot device that can be turned of and on at will for little points. But she was doing bareback with multiple partners. That was sort of just shuffled off as not that important it got the odd mention but left MCs mind quickly.

Of course in phone calls to Alex after her letter there had to be love yous and related conversation. Overall it wasn't enough I guess to take away that she pined for him a very long time,long enoiugh that even her twisted mindset would probably view dishonesty with him.

More like why not take her than a hard hitting romance to me anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

read it several times and like it BUT... you didn't really cover how she could have phoned the gusto break up or even driven there. She could have taken Jesse with her and have him hang back just witness her doing the breakup. Instead you wrote her that for three years, without seeing the guy, Alex still feels they are together and she never tells him in any way that she has another guy. Then, even when she knows this guy is married, she is a "nun" in NY city? She see's two guys for years and has sex with them yet now she is chaste?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Jesse is a CUCK. Sara is a skank like Ali his sister!! A skank living like a nun in NYC, what a fucking joke

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You didn't have to take her from screwing any guy she wanted bareback to then living in NYC like a nun. Not realistic. Maybe she slows sex down as life gets in the way but no way does she wait for this guy to no longer be married.

Rewind64Rewind64over 1 year ago

Good story! Liked the characters for such a short story. My only “didn’t like’ was I felt the ending needed more time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I broke up with but still talked him once a month? " that's broken up???

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too bad the author killed the honest, loyal girl to make the conniving liar "win".

maurypmaurypover 1 year ago

sorry dont like lying bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Honestly I think people in the comments below must be reading a different story. Yes I too don't like how Kate was killed at childbirth to give an opening to Sara. Also I can see Sara not dating UNTIL he gets married. For the couple of years after that seems untenable. That is a 3+ year dry spell. Doesn't seem realistic. And there is absolutely nothing wrong if she did date after they broke up let alone after getting got married. But here is my issue. Sure she was a bitch in their freshmen year. They are after all kids for pity's sake. But and this is a big but, what did she do so wrong for rhe next three years? Yes she should have broke up with him over the phone once the letter was returned to sender. That seems odd but OK accept that she wants to do it in person. In reality she did not lie about anything except she should have come clean to Jesse and say "I have a problem that I need to fix, please trust me". However, she is still like 21 or 22. She thought she could end it with Alex without Jesse ever knowing how she was a coward with the letter and stupidly wanted to wait till he came back in person. There is no way they had any relationship other than phone pals given that he stayed away from home for 3 years. The MC knows that via the sister. If he had not ghosted her, he could have seen the letter also and everything would have clicked. But he, as often in this genre, drops the mike and walks off stage, and consequently Sara flees to New York. By then Kate had entered the scene. As an aside, one flaw I see is that her father chose to withhold the letter from Jesse despite having regular contact with him at work. That is some weird bullshit unless Sarah made him promise not to show him and that would make zero sense anyways. That with Jennifer's information and actually communicating even slightly with Sarah would have solved the issue years ago. The letter clearly shows WHEN she intended to break it off with Alex. It was after thr first year blow up. She was faithful for 3 years. In college nowadays that is like a decade or more. And she was NOT unfaithful that Thanksgiving and she did not lie to Jesse beyond ommiting that she was meeting with Alex to break up with him. So instead Jesse inflicts a ton of pain on both of them. Was Sarah stupid? Yes. Was she cowardly in not breaking up on one of her infrequent phone calls with Alex after the letter was returned. Yes, yes she was. Was she a cheating slut? Technically only her freshmen year when the two were not on thr same page about exclusivity and she was terrified she was falling in love with him. But she was NOT a slut afterwards. Poor judgment? Yeah. But she loved Jesse, was faithful for him during those 3 years, that fateful Thanksgiving, and beyond (stretching credibility). It is clear she had zero intention of doing anything with Alex and was breaking it off with him in person that night. Her mistake was not communicating to Jesse that she had to fix a problem she had let fester out of fear (both of hurting Alex in a cold fashion and blowback onto Jesse who might get pissed). She made a mistake as a college senior and got caught in a crazy situation. From there on it was the MC who drove the train over the cliff, not getting almost any information except from thr sister. Together the letter, the sister's phone call with him, and even some basic explanation with Sarah (if he chose to NOT be a dumbest for even a brief time and listen) were full proof that she did not lie about anything except stall on telling Alex (until he showed in person) and not tell Jesse that she wrote a letter, tried to break it off, and it got returned and she needed to fix it. Again an error in judgment for a young woman. Jesse then took over and lost 3 years with Sarah (gaining another love, who conveniently passed away, and two twin boys). Now to be fair, this could have been solved any number of ways rhat would have avoided disaster. For example, get a corrected address and resend another copy of the letter (keep the original) to Alex. Tell him over the phone (although that too is a dick move generally speaking) but screw Alex, he hasn't been back in 3 years (which is odd). Or send Jesse a photo of the letter with a picture of the envelope. Before he blocks her, he would not have deleted those. Oh wait, even when blocked, her sister or parents could have done that also. Or the father bring it to him to read at work. Wait! He actually did that just 3+ years later. Way to go Pops! And of course she could have said to the MC, "Hey I have a problem, I tried to break up with my ex, and the letter came back, and I need to fix this and he is back for the holidays. I fucked up and please trust me. I only love you". And what btw is up with the MC after dating her throughout college NOT proposing to her until Christmas their senior year? They saw each other throughout the summer. Maybe that is a nitpick. Anyways any one of these should fix the problem unless the MC is a moron, but then their would have been like part of the author's story missing. I would have excised Kate, and have them figure it out even if a few months later. Put in some other drama then if needed. Thr letter and Jennifer's testimony via Alex's sister would have had the same effect. So yeah I feel kind of bad for Sarah AFTER she was forgiven the first Thanksgiving. So yeah "conniving liar" or "cheating slut"? Read the freaking story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thr Father:

[He went on, "I kept that as a reminder to not jump to conclusions, and now I'm glad that I did. I want you to have it. If for no other reason than to put your own mind at ease that while stupid in some ways, her story is true in this regard."]

=== talking about the letter, pretty much sums it up, "stupid in some ways" but true nonetheless.

===and btw the letter was returned that first Christmas after they made up at Thanksgiving. It says it right in the text and the MC would later see the postmark date if he wanted to on the envelope.

FaithfulToWifeFaithfulToWifeover 1 year ago

Nice guys finish last in stories.

Nice girls die early in stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The basic outline of a Romance is simple: Boy and girl meet. They fall in love. Something upsets the applecart. In the future the get together and live happily ever after.

Example: The youth groups of several church in a city like Detroit get together. Boy meets girl. They fall in love. Everyone is excited for them. Something happens. They separate. All are puzzled. The years go by. Two other from the group talk about it. They agree and one organizes and intervention. It works. After separating for 10 years. Now 30 ad 31, with good careers and great university experiences, they marry and it happily ever after.

I heard the story while in the 6th grade visiting after school with one of my best friends. His father offered to share a cute story. It was based in fact from an event less than 15 years previous to the current date.

It hooked me on Romance.

Bh76, any Romance connoisseur, would give you a five.

Personally I thank you for invoking memories from mover 65 years ago.

Unbeknownst to either my friend or me, His father told what I later discovered was the history of my parents courtship. My best mate at uni, turned out to be the son of one of my mother's best university friends.

It is a small world, and in many ways full of Romance.

HC

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Geeze u write great stories with crap endings. They could b so much more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Your MC's are all pussies.

olddave51olddave5110 months ago

Iron out the things that bother almost the Anonymous..... Yea right

One it is your story finish it your way

If you write a next part touch on some of them but you do have other stories that cover Jesse's and Sara's Lives

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I love your stories and your characters are amazing, but jumping into "watching a movie" so soon after his wife and the mother of his children died? Jesse is a bastard. Which is a real shame because from the mention of him in other stories I'd always liked him. Same with Sara, in other stories I loved her, but here I just don't. Clearly she learnt her lesson about dating multiple guys, abd then felt guilty about sending Alex a dear john letter, but why go out with him at all. He hadnt been home in 3 years and he shows up expecting a date like nothing had happened. Tell him no, break up with him and walk away. No need to sit down and have pizza with him. Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes. All in all A good story, but I hate hoe it completely destroys the perception of Jesse and Sara from other stories that they're good people.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

@anonymous, i think you missed the line where he said the boys were a year old… That is not immediatly jumping into a relationship.

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

I mean so she knew she hadn't actually broken up wirth her previous boyfriend. Like she said it just felt that way. Then she does that horror movie thing where she does a lunch date with her boyfriend to break it off where she allows him to sit there for quite some time without actually breaking it off and allows him to put his arm around her.

I mean she showed untrustworthy twice.

More than that if you consider her communications with him all the while Jesse is in the dark thinking the guy was complete history.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...

SIMILAR Stories