Gotta Pay the Piper Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Joanne explained Robin had lived at home last year for her first semester of freshmen year.The beginning of this school year she decided to share an apartment with three other girls she knew. The other girls partied, played loud music and often brought friends, including guys home. Robin found the situation becoming unbearable."She needs a better place to live."Joanne stated. "Plus I think it will be good for you to have somebody around. Somebody to sort of look after you, a companion or at least housemate.

My protests that I would NOT concede control to Robin was laughed at. "I am NOT asking you to accept her authority. I will not even begin to try to force you into something like that." Joanne said reasonably. "IF you give it a chance and prove yourself on your own." Joanne stepped forward, looked me in the eye and told me I had no choice. I would have to deal with it.

I could tell my mind had been made up for me. I helped them carry the suitcases inside.

We put Robin's suitcases on the bed in the third bedroom. She said she would put her stuff away later. The room had always been unoccupied except for a few visitors years ago so the bed was virtually new.

Robin commented that the room was completely clean and wondered how an unused room would not even have dust. Joanne told her that was another indication of my almost obsessive attention to detail. "Once he commits himself to do something, he follows through." Joanne said. Then she added wryly, "He just did not commit to keeping on top of his finances."

Joanne reminded me she would be back Saturday morning and the three of us would sit down and "review our arrangement."

On the way to the gun shop, Robin told me her present living conditions were "less than satisfactory." She had met the three other girls last year. Like her, they lived at home their freshmen year and they decided to get an apartment together this Fall. The other girls discovered they liked to party and were barely making it through the semester so far. Joanne managed to get decent grades but despite liking her roommates, was getting progressively irritated with the distractions.

She took morning classes so she could study in the afternoons while the other girls were away. I told her she could study any time she wanted at my place. I would stay out of her way. She smiled and said she was sure I would be the "perfect roommate."

I introduced Robin to John at the gun shop as a friend of Joanne's. He knew Joanne well as she had often come with me to the range and asked how she was doing. "Pissed off that I lost that money on the game." I replied.

John laughed and said, "No, shit. My wife was livid that I lost a thousand bucks. I thought it was a sure bet and when that blowhard started shooting his mouth off and taking all bets, I just had to get in on it." I nodded.

When I told John what I was there for, he immediately said, "Hell yes." He said he knew he could easily sell all my big loads meaning the rifle ammunition. He explained to Joanne that I had a reputation for my reloads and all he had to do was make a few phone calls and he could get top dollar from some of the "long range guys." He joked, "If I recoup some of the money I lost, my wife might start talking to me again. Let me call a guy now. "

"Hey, Derek. You know that guy I told you about who makes his own match quality rifle ammo? He brought in some of his stuff to sell. You want me to set you aside some? Great. I'll give you first shot at what he leaves. Thanks. You can stop by this afternoon, great." John said.

"That was Derek Robichaud. He has a place outside of town where he shoots so you never see him around here. Well, not much. He lives out there with a harem of slave girls and a few free women. Nice guy." John explained. "He tried some of your stuff before and liked it."

John did not want the pistol calibers but suggested I talk to his brother, Bill, who ran an indoor range in town. He said he would give Bill a call and tell him I was coming around. John wrote me out a check for fifteen hundred dollars.

'You did not even negotiate the price." Robin said as we drove away. I nodded and told her I did not have to and that we both knew what a fair price was so John could make a decent profit. I told her that Bill will probably give me slightly better than wholesale as well. He knew I made top quality ammo. Bill also let me shoot for free at his range. I said the money I received was way more than enough to pay for the supplies I had invested.

"I made a little for my time." I added."More importantly, I have cash. I wish I had thought about this yesterday. I could have saved myself a lot of grief." Did I imagine hearing Robin snicker?

I told her I would cash the check in the morning and go around to the places in person to pay down my bills. Robin shook her head and told me to wait until she was out of class. She wanted to go along. Then she added I could cash the check on my own in the morning if John used a different bank than my own. I started to retort and then thought better. I did not want her to say something to Joanne.

Once back home, Robin asked me to take her textbooks and notebooks to the office as she needed to study after she put her clothes away. When I returned she told me to make the bed and said she would study until I had supper ready. I offered coffee and she declined saying she did not like too much caffeine late in the day unless she planned a late night. Then she said a little tea would be nice though. I did not think to question her directives.

I cooked and called Robin to come eat. We had a pleasant meal and Robin returned to her studies while I washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen. When I finished I went to check on Robin. She smiled and said she loved the quiet office and said she was getting 'an amazing amount of studying in' without all the distractions of her apartment. I told her that I was going to my room to watch television before I went to sleep. She nodded.

I was totally surprised a few hours later when my bedroom door opened and Robin entered. She was wearing pajamas and had obviously just showered. I could smell the scents of body wash and toothpaste as she climbed up on the bed and started to get under the covers.

"What are you doing?" I asked, incredulously

"Joanne expects me to keep an eye on you and be your companion." she said reasonably. "I an not going to flit about in the opposite side of the house." The other bedroom was not on the other side of the house, I thought, but refrained from saying out loud.

"And you expect to sleep here? with me?" I asked.

She nodded, "When I feel like it, yes."

She told me she already filled the coffee pot and programmed it. Then she told me she would get up at 6:30 in the morning and for me to be up and dressed at 7:30 so I could drive her to class in the morning. I was about to say something about the college just being two blocks away or why not drive herself, when she commented. "Parking is a real pain. OK?" she asked. I closed my mouth, nodded and reached for my cell phone to set an alarm. She watched me, smiling.

I returned my cell phone to the bedside table and used the remote to turn off the television. "I think we are going to get along just fine." she offered. Then she kissed me softly on the lips and turned away to sleep.

I was well aware of her sleeping inches away as I laid there, thinking. I finally drifted off.

I found myself alone when my alarm sounded. I got dressed and walked into the kitchen to find her setting a plate with an omelet on the table. Robin suggested I fix myself one as I poured a cup of coffee. I shook my head. "You might want to eat." she offered, again. "We will probably skip lunch. I want to get those bills paid early."

She had all the items out and the pan ready so I made myself an omelet. As we ate, she told me she had two ninety minute classes this morning. She would be out of class at 11:30 and I could pick her up then.

She rinsed her plate and left to brush her teeth and get her things. I had just started to rinse the rest of the dishes when she returned. "You can do that later. Let's go." she said. Leaving un-rinsed dishes bothered me. My OCD made me want to continue. I hesitated. "I said it is time to go. Now." Robin said again. She did not even raise her voice. I put the dish in the sink and wiped my hands on the towel.

She pointed out where she wanted to be dropped off and told me she would be there after her second class. Giving me a quick peck on the cheek, she opened the door and disappeared. I returned home and finished the dishes.

I was about to leave the house to cash John's check when the doorbell rang. A courier had a large sealed manila envelope with "Robin" marked on the front. I put the parcel on the kitchen table and left.

I cashed the check and arrived at specified pick up spot right at 11:30. There was no sign of Robin. I parked and waited. I quickly got bored sitting there. Even though it was mid November, the sun shining on the car made it uncomfortably warm to sit inside. I got out and paced. At 11:45, Robin walked up.

"I thought you said 11:30." I said, slightly perturbed but trying to be polite. "That was when my class ended. I had to walk half way across campus." she replied. I was leaning against my car so I just turned and opened the door for her. "OOOh, how nice. Opening the door for me. I like that. Keep doing it." she said sweetly, giving me a another kiss on the cheek.

Once inside the car, she asked if a parcel had arrived for her. When I said it had, she insisted on going home. Once there, we went inside and she took the parcel to her bedroom and shortly returned carrying only her purse and the folder containing my delinquent bills. "How did you expect to pay your bills without these?" she asked, one eyebrow raised.

"The bank knows how much I owe. I'd just walk up and pay them." I answered. She shook her head and walked out.

I confirmed I had cashed John's check when she asked. She held out her hand and asked me for the money. I hesitated and asked her why. I said I thought we were going to pay my bills. Nodding, she informed me she was going to act in my behalf to convince the people to accept partial payments if she could. I thought about my letting her negotiate and decided she might just be able to accomplish that better than I could.

At my bank she removed my car payment notice and handed me the folder. She told me to sit in the lobby while she talked to the loan officer and pointed towards a chair. I was fuming, but felt much better when she returned smiling. "Nailed it! Repossession cancelled."

Our next stops went as smoothly, and by mid afternoon we were on the way home. I made one stop at the gun shop we had visited the day before to pick up some parcels. Robin asked what was in the boxes. My answer 're-loading supplies' was met with a frown. "And what do intend to use for money?" she asked. I told her that was taken care of. "And why do you need more bullets? You just sold most of what you had to pay your other bills." she pointed out.

"I have a special order." I explained without going into detail. I could tell my avoidance perturbed her. But I did not care. I intended to not go along with her plan I tell her everything and she not be as forthcoming. I wanted to push my autonomy.

As we got close to home Robin asked what I had in the way of meals in the freezer. She remembered Joanne telling her I often cooked larger amounts and froze the extras. I knew she was looking for another way to push assume some authority but I told her I had already made chili for tonight. I was surprised she had not smelled it when we were home earlier.I told her if she would like a salad and a vegetable or two on the side we could do that as well. She left to study. I grinned as she left the room.

She might have been foisted on me as a roommate but she was still a guest. It was MY house. I was in the kitchen when I heard the doorbell ring. I did not usually get visitors.

I opened the door to find a young pretty woman standing there. Her shiny metallic collar told me she was a judicial slave. She looked distracted or puzzled. "Can I help you?" I asked.

"Uh, yes. I think I am at the wrong address. Isn't this the home of the late Dr Whitman? I know her daughter Joanne." I told her it was and to come inside. "I knew Dr Whitman had passed away and Joanne went over to Baton Rouge for graduate school. I was just surprised when my GPS brought me here."

Robin came out of the office where she had been studying. She was startled to see the young woman. "Hey Caroline." Robin greeted her. "What are you doing here?" Robin turned to me. "Caroline is the TA, that's teaching assistant for my intro to accounting course." I knew what a TA was of course.

"Well, I was told to bring something to this address, but I must have got the wrong directions." Caroline said. She reached into her purse and pulled out a bullet. "I was expecting somebody who made custom ammunition." I told her she was at the right place."Oh! Uhhh. I had the impression the guy was a little strapped for money and wanted to make a few extra bucks. That wouldn't be you, Mr Landry."

"Yeah." I admitted. "I'm low on cash until my next paycheck comes in. I told Mr Robichaud, I'd make him some special rounds. I hear he has a hog problem." Robin wanted to know about the hogs.

Caroline explained. "Feral hogs are becoming a big problem. They have even been coming up close to the house and tearing up the garden, not there is much growing out there right now. Derek, my owner, wants to get rid of as many as he can. He has a plan how to corral or at least get a bunch in a close area and kill them. He wants some high powered bullets."

I held up the bullet and examined it. It was what he had described. The teflon covered tip was designed to expand upon impact. "An injured and angry hog is very dangerous." I explained. "This round has the stopping power to kill for sure. Anything one of these babies hits is going to drop on the spot."

"Do you hunt, Sir?" Caroline asked. I shook my head. I had only shot targets. I'd never hunted. "Derek has been harvesting deer. We eat a lot of venison. The hogs have got so bad they even dumped over one of his automatic feeders the other night. A couple of them are monster sized."

I told her I'd get right on making the bullets. I should have some if not all ready by the weekend. I had to special order the actual bullets. Caroline nodded. She looked at Robin. "Can I ask why you are here, Robin?" She hesitated. "I mean Dr Whitman was one of the professors in the department and I know Joanne." I could tell she was fishing. Being a slave, she had to tread carefully.

"Joanne and I are friends." Robin said smoothly. "She offered me a place to stay. My roommates were more into partying than studying. She's coming back this weekend. I'll tell her to give you a call." Caroline thanked her and left.

"I'm guessing her owner is the Derek the gun shop owner called yesterday." Robin said. I nodded and said Derek called me last night and asked if I could make him some special loads. "Well, it appears you are going to make a little extra money so I'll go along. But I really want you to start keeping me in the loop. I need to know what you are doing. You should start getting used to the idea of my being here." I stiffened but decided to not get confrontational. I sure did not want to have Joanne angry at me.

Robin complimented me on my cooking as we ate. She asked me what I planned the next day. I told her I had received a call from Bill, John's brother saying he was interested in my pistol caliber ammunition. I planned on stopping by after he opened. Robin told me to wait until I picked her up after class. I was going to pick up the bullets themselves later but could start setting the primers in the cartridges tonight.

She went to study while I did the dishes. When I finished, I checked on her to see if she needed anything before I went to my shop to get started. At her request I made her some hot chocolate.

She called out to tell me it was time for bed. I would have continued working for another few hours. I had just finished showering and got into bed when she walked into my bedroom. The television provided the only light. Once again she did not bother to knock and was also freshly showered, wearing pajamas. "No knocking? What if I was not covered or dressed?" I asked, a little perplexed..

"You're silly!! I would not care in the least." she answered. "I know all about male anatomy." I reflected that I knew that but I still thought of her as a kid and a relative stranger. It was inappropriate. I refrained from making a comment.

"In the morning, I want you to get up early enough to fix breakfast for both of us. And sometime in the morning, do the laundry. I have a few things in the hamper in my room. I saw your hamper was almost full of dirty clothes when I went to the bathroom last night. You might as well change the linens on this bed, as well."

I was thinking, "What the hell? Am I a maid or something?" and barely kept from retorting. She looked me square in the eye with an innocent expression and said, "OK?" I nodded and she kissed me again right on the lips.

While she gave me these instructions she hovered over me resting on an elbow as I laid flat on my back immobile. I was aware of something soft pressed against my right arm. I knew it was her breast. With her free hand she softly stroked my chest a bit. Back and forth she rubbed, going lower until almost to the waistband of my shorts. She kissed me a few times as she did this. "I like staying here." she breathed. Maybe she said it out loud. I was too far gone to distinguish. My penis was hard as a rock in my boxer briefs.

Then her hand retracted. One more kiss and she rolled over. My erection was almost painful. I wanted so much to grab it, roll over and impale this seductive beauty. Instead, I used the remote to turn off the television and laid there quietly, trying to relax enough to sleep..

I made smoothies for both of us and had fried eggs ready when Robin came into the kitchen the next morning. She beamed and hugged me before she sat down to eat.

When I arrived to pick Robin up after class, she was talking with another coed. While the discussion was not exactly an argument, I could tell from their body language it was antagonistic. Neither girl was happy.

I got out of the car to open the door for Robin. I had forgotten this morning when I got to the car to drive her to school. She stood by the door until I remembered and got out, and walked around to open the door. Once again I was perturbed at her audacity and once again, I kept my mouth shut.

As we drove to meet with Bill to sell my ammunition, I asked her who the girl was. She was one of her roommates, who wanted to know where Robin had been. "I had texted her to let her know I would be away for a few days. I want to move the rest of my stuff." Robin stated flatly. "Today the bitch said "So Miss Goody Two Shoes went and shacked up with some guy or was it another girl?"

Robin continued ventilating, telling me what the girl said. "She knew I was unhappy living there and told me if I wanted to move out to go ahead as she already has another roommate lined up who is not so much a stick in the mud. Fuck her. Just because I want to study instead of drinking, smoking pot and getting laid every night."

Robin grumbled, "I am not a prude. I am not a virgin, but not a slut like them, either.... Bitches!!" I remained silent. By the time we reached the indoor range she had calmed down and was back to her jovial, sweet self.

We went inside to see Bill. He said he would be happy to buy all my reloads and offered me a more than fair price. We all went outside to carry the boxes inside. Robin asked me about the boxes I had set to one side. I responded I thought she might like to try shooting a pistol and had brought a couple along with Joanne's hearing and eye protection for her to use. She grinned.