All Comments on 'Grand Opening Ch. 03'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
The Story Continues

If you continue such as this the tale will become tiresome. Continue.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 11 years ago
Sprawling & Occasionally Incongruously Saccharine Tale

I appreciate this author's ambition to tell a tale spanning forty plus years & nearly as many characters ( or so it seemed ). At this story's best, I was reminded of Gabriel Garcia Marquez's 100 Years of Solitude.

That deja vu only lasted in short bursts. JimBob44's characters & dialogue didn't sear an impression in my brain, as past works of his have done. This certainly was not a shoddy effort, but by no means was memorable.. A topless bar on Louisiana operating with Mayberry sensibilities was too much a stretch.

Policemen in uniform hanging out providing de facto security for the price of a entree ? Please. Ignoring the public relation snafu that would be incipient, bars pay 50 dollars an hour to police to keep the peace. Cops tipping ten bucks

+ to anyone was another howler.

The story's heart was in the right place but the suspension of disbelief was reinforced by paper mâché supports. This author has far more hits then misses on his story resume. The fine ratio, however, has decreased just a tad with this series.

Regardless I look forward to JimBob44's next effort. If JB had time to do this professionally, he could give James Lee Burke a serious run for the stakes of being my favorite Louisiana based author casting a spotlight on the sublime, nitty gritty essence that composes so much of that state.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Very enjoyable story!

A very warm enjoyable story. I fell in love with the characters I'm supposed to, enjoyed the humor and despised the bad guys.

I am a retired copper of 28 years and recognized several of the cop characters. Wonder if you have any law enforcement background.

While I do find confusing with all of different first names I understand that is the way people of an area communicate.

chytownchytownalmost 11 years ago
Thanks****

For sharing.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 11 years ago
Neat Story

Can't wait to see what you cook up for an ending. thanks..........

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Garbage !

1 Star .

loveoverlustloveoverlustabout 9 years ago
A SINGLE WRONG ACT. INNUMERABLE CONSEQUENCES.

I really felt sorry for Jack & Penny.Sometimes life seems strange.A single slip & it's 'SNAFU'.

Anyway,it was a happy ending,ultimately.

I think you should continue this series,Elise seems to be a very nice character.

Thanx.A 5th star,for the whole series.

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
thanks for the happier ending

nice to have it wrapped up in a wedding.

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderalmost 6 years ago
5 stars.

Loved this chapter but it felt a little anticlimactic. I'm not sure what I was expecting but I didn't get a feeling of closure. I loved it all the same.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories