Green Rose of the Underground Ch. 04

Story Info
Thix's journey experiences a few humps and bumps.
5k words
4.66
2.6k
2
0

Part 4 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 01/27/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thix was burning up. Jostled by the motion of the carriage, staring into the floor as her body and mind betrayed her. Gerard had been riding on top for the last few hours. Perhaps he was giving her space to think.

Her heart ached, but it didn't quell the fire in her belly or the images and memories that continued to arise in her mind. She tried her best to think of other things, she really did. Myths and legends from home. Her family. Where to forage for every different kind of herb, mushroom, and berry in the area around their cave. Even, in final desperation, Thix tried to dwell on the two years she had spent with her will and hope slowly being beaten out of her.

It didn't matter, none of it helped. As soon as her focus would slip, she would think back to last night in the tent.

If she closed her eyes, she could still feel the ghostly touch of his fingers running along her scalp. If she breathed in deeply enough, she could still catch the lingering hint of the perfumed fragrance he wore. Thix wrapped the red cloth around her more tightly and shook herself, as if in so doing she could shake away the vision of Gerard removing his shirt after the rain. She moistened her lips, and stopped at the barest trace of salt left from his naked sweating flesh.

Thix had allowed the heart-hunger to consume her, if that was indeed what it was, and now she was aflame from the inside out.

She had awoken that morning where she'd fallen asleep. Face resting against Gerard's inner thigh, enveloped in his heat and musk as he stirred awake. The beat of his heart throbbed against her cheek through his erect cock.

In an instant the night before had come flooding back to her, and with it that frantic aching hunger. Thix felt trapped. Frozen. Torn between the desire to flee running into the forest in mortification and horror, and the desire to mount him quickly while he was still hazy from sleep. She did neither. She lay perfectly still, while Gerard moved beneath her, his muscles going tight as he stretched and yawned. The blanket was pulled back, slowly enough not to hurt her eyes. Thix had to hold back a whine of yearning as Gerard stroked her hair with his other hand, and looked down at her. His cool gray eyes meeting hers, still bleary from sleep. For a moment they only shared the gaze in silence, until at last he spoke.

"Sleep well?"

There were so many meanings unspoken in those two words. Thix didn't know how to feel. She was furious at him, but more deeply she was still floating in that drunken haze of lust. She wanted to know what he thought he was doing to her. What he had meant by subjecting her to such torture.

"No."

A smile of amusement quirked his lips. "Do you still want?"

Punctuating the question, his manhood stiffened against her. Once more, Thix felt a part of her break.

"...yes."

"Alright. Good."

After that, Gerard had helped her back into her gown, and dressed himself. She was still horribly confused and tormented, not to mention embarrassed as he helped her outside into the sunshine. Still, Gerard was thoughtful enough to shield her eyes as he led her back to the shade of the carriage and offered her the cloak once more. Luckily, Theo had not yet been awake to witness anything. Gerard went to wake him up, and they broke camp.

Thix gritted her teeth, balling her fists around the soft fabric, and suppressed the scream that was building up in her throat. Bastard! She'd given herself to him, had quite literally begged, and he had left her in this personal hell. No. He'd actually and deliberately made it worse. She tried to seize upon the anger, let the offense and rage of it cleanse her. It didn't work. It was only mingled with the desire, so that she stewed in it and could dwell on nothing else.

The carriage slowed, and stopped. Thix rejected the urge to look out the window and see what was happening. No. She was angry. She would be angry. She would show she was angry. A short time later, the door opened. Thix didn't look at it, turning away instead.

"We are taking a rest Thix. Would you like to use your legs?"

"No."

She heard Gerard climb inside with her and the door shut. Silence. She didn't glance over to him, but stared resolutely at the opposite side from beneath her hood.

"We should talk."

Hah! They should talk. Oh yes. She really wanted to talk about it. About how he... ugh. Thix's face prickled uncomfortably with the rush of blood.

"How are you feeling?"

She didn't bother answering, but tucked her feet up onto the seat with her and drew the cloak tighter around herself like a cocoon. Hoping he would get the message. Maybe later, if her confusion and craving abated a little.

Maybe when she was a little less infuriated with him. Instead, she heard the softest rustle of clothing, and then he was sitting right next to her. Gerard's thigh pressed against hers. Fury and longing pierced through her. His voice was pitched low, just above her head.

"Thix... you haven't said your word. Do you want me to come in and get you?"

Her heart pounded in her chest. She debated for a moment. Should she give in and speak it? End this twisted game? Or stall, force him to pry her out of her shelter. She bet he was strong enough to peel the cloth out of her grasp. In the end she decided she was being childish, and released a held breath.

"I'm angry with you." "I can see. Why?"

Why?! Thix gritted her teeth.

"You! You... made me..."

"Did I?"

She shut her mouth. Well... it hadn't been what she wanted, anyway. She had wanted him and... well, she had gotten him in a sense. Thix squirmed and scrunched her face up in a pout, unable to fend off the memory of his hot shaft resting along her chin, cheek, noise, and the hollow of her eye. The gown beneath her bare bottom becoming wet with her fluids. Soiled. Disgraceful. Weak.

"Please, let me see you."

No! If he asked like that, so gently, it was too much. Thix resolved to get it over with and finally yanked down the hood of the cloak, but didn't have the nerve to look him in the face. Instead focusing on his chest, and the laces of the white shirt he wore. Gerard was without mercy however, and cupped her chin in his hand, raising her face to look up into his.

Why did he look more handsome today? It was still the same face. Same pebble gray eyes. The same long straight nose. Same damned golden human hair. Same mouth. Same infuriating and heart-rending gentle expression.

It looked as if he were trying to look inside her, see what she was thinking. If only they actually spoke the same tongue instead of their incomplete Ruvic.

"You hurt me. Make me want too much. It hurts Gerard. I... I don't know what is wrong. I can't think clear. Not fair. I begged! I begged you! I... you give me shame. This not make love right!"

Gerard frowned."I am sorry. There is a reason. When we... if we..."

He removed his hand and exhaled roughly, his eyes as sharp as spear tips upon her.

"Do you trust me Thix?"

Well... she did have to think about it now, after last night. However, the truth was that he had given her a choice, and even an out. There was still nothing stopping him from... making love wasn't the right word for it was it?

There was nothing stopping him from taking her, from pushing her onto her back and piercing her to the hilt. It wouldn't even be rape, because Thix was certain she wouldn't tell him no. Even if she was scared, and she was scared. She did trust Gerard, and that in itself was a little maddening. Thix nodded reluctantly. Gerard slowly reached out and tapped her forehead with one finger.

"You are fighting yourself, I think. Don't. Just be. Feel what you feel."

Thix scowled. "You don't know. You don't know how it feels. You can't."

That got an odd look from him.

"No, I don't. I know how it looks. I know I like it. I know it makes me want you, very much."

That did it. The fragile gates of self-possession Thix had constructed since that morning shattered open. Her breath caught in her chest, her body quivering in tightness as she fought to keep herself from climbing onto him the way she had the night before. The memory of rubbing her sex against his leg was no less humiliating, but now it inflamed her. The notion of wearing him down with her pleading and the softness of her body, even if it cost her all of her dignity to do it, blessed Vorkah it was too dangerous. She hated it. Hated what he was doing to her, and yet... Gerard's lips quirked upward in a smile, perhaps he really could see the effect he had.

"There is... beauty. To waiting, but not having. 'Anticipation'. Food is better when you are hungry. Warmth more comfortable when we are cold. Enjoy the hurt of wanting pleasure. I do."

Thix stiffened, breath catching as Gerard leaned in close. Vorkah no... He rested one palm against her shoulder and slowly ran his fingers downward along her arm, then back up again. Curse him... it really wasn't fair that his touch felt so nice. It grazed closer and closer to her chest, but not quite. Gerard let out a held breath, warm and gentle against her cheek, before murmuring Galtes sweetly in her ear. She couldn't understand a word, but swore she could feel the intention in them. A desperate whine escaped her lips at the barest brush of his soft lips against her ear, she realized she was clenching her hands into fists. She believed him then, that he knew something of what he was talking about. Finally, his voice switched back to Ruvic. Less practiced, but still wonderful.

"Do you want to hear how you hurt me Thix? All the things I want? To taste you, to know your body. Your... ah! I am become mad with words that you cannot understand, and so I want to teach with my hands... but not now."

She held him by the arms. Not at bay, nor to tug him closer. Just to retain a sense of stability.

"Soon?"

He chuckled softly, before pressing his lips against her cheeks. Her face warming at the lingering touch.

"Soon. Oui. Yes."

Not soon enough, in her mind. Still... she had waited years beyond her ceremony, she could keep her wits for a few more days. Even though it was both wonderful and awful to feel how Gerard yearned for her in return. His comparison had been appropriate. Thix felt like she was sitting at an unbelievably sumptuous feast, and starving. The promise of satisfaction and nourishment within easy reach. She could look, smell, even nibble perhaps. She just wasn't allowed to eat.

He whispered once more. "Shall I leave? Give you a little peace?"

"No."

Thix gripped him tighter, her eyes shut as she forced out the words.

"I will not suffer alone. Not fair. You have seen me, and touched me. I want same."

After a moment's silence she added. "Please."

Gerard carefully pulled away, giving her more room upon the carriage's bench. She couldn't fathom the expression on his face. Though from the way his eyes crinkled it wasn't unhappy.

"I would say you touched me a fair amount last night."

Before Thix could argue the point, Gerard was already lifting up his shirt, exposing his humanly pale skin and the light hairs of his chest. There wasn't any room to comfortably lay down, so he settled for leaning against the wall and extending one leg along the back of the seat. He flashed a toothy grin towards her and gestured with one hand.

"Pants stay on. The rest is yours."

It was a bit tricky, what with the wobbling the wheels caused upon the dirt road, but Thix managed to crawl over to him. She knelt atop his lap, and felt a bit lost now that she had once again been given what she'd asked for. The desire was still there, but by the shaded light coming inside the carriage she was a little clearer headed than the night before.

This was better, sort of. She leaned forward so that her weight came to rest on his chest and stomach. Once more she came to appreciate his size and solidity, and the way his firm chest pressed against her full round breasts. Eyes half-lidded she ran her palm along his side, feeling the ribs beneath muscle. With one deep breath she inhaled his scent, her nose against the hot bare flesh of his chest. His chest rose and fell, and her head rose and fell with it. She tried to be slow as she stretched out, swinging one knee over his leg so that she straddled it.

To her surprise Gerard's leg rose beneath her. His muscles bunched tight, the sudden warm pressure upon her mound caused her to let out a helpless groan. His strong hands were on her shoulders, but he didn't push her away.

She didn't move. She didn't dare.Thix's red eyes looked up intensely into Gerard's. They were both dancing on a blades edge. She saw it in that moment. There was beauty in it. She dragged her fingernails down across his stomach and began making patterns along his waist. He hadn't said anything about touching him 'through' his clothes, but she would take it slow.

"Tell me, what you like for me to do. Please."

Gerard muttered something and let out a sigh before speaking again.

"Well, let me think... I-"

"Gerard!" Theo's voice cut above the rumbling of the carriage.

They came to a stop with a sudden jolt. Immediately Gerard sat up, careful to push Thix up with him so she didn't fall. Under his breath he cursed in his own tongue, hard and venomously. He began to compose himself, grabbing his shirt and stuffing it back over his head. His gaze momentarily flicked towards hers.

"Sorry. I'll be back."

Without waiting for a response, Gerard opened the door and swept out into the bright sunshine. There were other voices out there, and they didn't sound happy. Thix fit her feet into the too large shoes. The cloak was a bit trickier but she managed to wrap it tidily around her so that it wouldn't drag on the ground. Not knowing what else to do, she waited. She might have been a bit more frustrated, if she wasn't filled with unease at the situation.

Thix was becoming thoroughly sick and tired of not knowing what was going on. Whatever conversation was happening outside didn't sound to be getting any better, or any further resolved. Suddenly there came a knocking on the door, and a voice.

It was not Gerard.

A lot happened in a very short frame of time. Thix had backed into the far corner. The door was pulled open, a large figure in chain armor blocking the light. Frozen, a gloved hand seized her by the arm and dragged Thix out of the carriage. The sudden harsh sunlight blinded her, and even through her closed lids it stabbed painfully into her eyes. There were numerous loud voices all trying to shout over each other in Galtes, Gerard's among them.

Thix's heart began thumping that familiar terrible drum of panic.

She was being captured again, taken from the old man's house again, dragged to her death again.

Screaming, Thix fought and tugged at her arm. She couldn't see so she tried to aim blind where her captor might be weakest and hit him. The armored man grabbed her other arm and in desperation she twisted, her teeth were sharp and at least she might be able to bite him.

"Thix! Stop!"

The words had come so loud and sharp that she didn't recognize who had spoken at first. More like the barking of an animal than words. She did obey though, allowing herself to go limp and finding even ground with her feet in the awkward looseness of the shoes. There was a lull of quiet afterwards and finally conversation resumed, still heated. All she saw was the dull red glow of the sun through her shut eyes. There was noise behind her, rummaging. Someone going through the carriage, were they being robbed?

The conversation nearest her would have been too fast to follow even if she had understood the language. There was a short command, and suddenly her arms were free. Thix struggled to squint, but she still hadn't adjusted enough.

A figure was walking toward her, slowly though.

"Thix. It's alright. I'm here. We're safe. Give me your hand."

Gerard! She felt a pang of misery that already she had become so dependent on him, but it was smothered by relief. She took his hand and clung to it, drawing herself closer to him. The hood was pulled back over her head, which at least provided shade for her aching eyes. When she thought she might be able to stand it, Thix tried opening her them again. She saw a lot of grass, and some boots. Tilting her head, she was able to watch their luggage being laid out on the ground and opened. Not thrown out though. Carefully gone through and inspected. Gerard continued his conversation with multiple other voices.

She detected the snorting and idly tapping hooves of multiple more horses, and the shifting and rattling of metal arms and armor.

"Gerard, what's happening?"

There was another pause in conversation after she had spoken. Gerard spoke something short and hard, but not to her, before answering.

"We are at the border of Galtes. The soldiers have questions for us. Please, do what you're told. Please."

Hearing the tension in his words, Thix nodded. It felt... too hot. Without anything else to do, she shut her eyes again and tried to listen. If nothing else she might be able to read tone to figure out how everything was preceding. Gerard was quite vocally unhappy and found himself being cut off several times. She didn't know how many minutes had past before Gerard squeezed her hand and spoke again.

"Thix. They're going to take you to someone who knows how to speak Ruvic. I will be waiting for you right here. Everything will be good. I promise."

He let go of her hand, and the fear returned for her. Thix began squinting again as a grip, much less firm that before, took her by the shoulder and began steering her away. She took careful steps across the grass, only able to see the ground a few feet in front of her.

It wasn't exactly a short walk, but in time they passed beneath the shade of trees and it became a little more bearable to lift her head and peek beyond the cloaks hood. She passed through the opening of a tent, much larger than the shelters Gerard and Theo had erected the night before. Thix was directed to sit upon an odd chair of fabric and sticks, but she found the cloth supported her weight just fine. More time passed, and when Thix thought she might be able to bear it, she removed the hood.

It was a rather plain set-up. A minimal desk of some light wood was set upon the ground, a similar chair as her set behind it. The tent was a white canvas that helped mute the bright day. There were some papers and pens set atop. The tent flaps rustled behind her, and a man passed by her on the way to the desk. He appeared rather hawkish. With dark brown hair and lean features, with a good sharp nose that would have looked quite fine on a goblin. He had a beard, but it was closely trimmed, grown a little longer on the bottom than elsewhere. The man wore leathers but no heavy armor unlike the other soldiers she had heard jingling about.

He did not look at her at first, not until he sat down and arranged the papers on his desk. Finally, though the man's dark beady eyes stared across the desk at her. His expression was... very blank for a human. He inspected her, making a tapping noise with his nails upon the desk that made Thix very aware of the beads of sweat that were collecting on her skin.

"Would you like some water?" He spoken in crisp and clean Ruvic.

Thix swallowed. She was rather thirsty, but it felt like some sort of test. Oh, what could it possibly matter?!

"Yes, please. I would like that."

The man nodded and called out over her shoulder before focusing his attention on her again.

"I am Officer Dubois, in service to the kingdom of Galtes. I do not know how well you speak, so I will be simple. I am going to ask you some questions, I want you to answer swiftly and truthfully. Do you understand?"

"Yes."

"Good."

The man singled out a particular sheet of paper and readied his pen.

12