Green Rose of the Underground Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What is your name?"

"My name is Thix Un'Krrglnik."

The man called Dubois scowled and rubbed at his temple.

"Again. Slower, if you can."

She tried again, putting extra emphasis on what she thought the trickiest parts were. It didn't seem to help. The man made an agitated huffing noise and finally wrote something down. He looked up at her, back down, and continued to write. In the meantime, one of the soldiers, came in and offered her a wooden cup of water. It helped, though the water was rather warm. She examined the colorful blue of the uniform beneath the chain and plate.

"Of what country are you a citizen?"

She had to go over that one for an uncomfortable amount of time, it wasn't exactly simple.

"I come from the Thrull-Nuk mountains, ruled by Deep King Turgik, but the surface land is mostly the territory of Svalland. We are kin to them."

Dubois made another noise and scratched something down.

"How old are you?"

"Twenty Years."

"What is your business in Galtes?"

"I am traveling with Monsieur Gerard, er Monsieur Fournier. I will work for him, in Lumis."

"What sort of work?"

Oh blessed Vorkah, that was not a question she as of yet had the answer to. After a momentary pause she replied.

"Cleaning. Cooking. That sort."

"A 'maid', I see, and how did you meet Monsieur Fournier?"

It went on like that. The human man going on an on, occasionally repeating himself, in pursuit of... what? Thix didn't know, but answered as fully and honestly as she could. It must not have proven very enlightening, as she didn't have much to say.

She told him about her enslavement in Saksarland, and after a moment of doubt, her intended execution. She tried her best to explain what part of the mountains she had resided in, though it was nigh impossible to do so without a map. Trying to explain exactly why she'd left home had been another difficulty.

Eventually though after reiterating her story for what felt like the third time, the man seemed satisfied. He finished writing something on a separate piece of parchment, re-reading it as he spoke to her without looking up.

"I am giving you a written pass into Galtes. It allows you to travel through our country, and be legally employed, for the period of one month. If you desire to stay longer, as you have said, you must present this paper to local authority and apply for..." The man trailed off, looked up from the paper almost blindly until he decided on the best words. "...longer permission. If you do not, it is cause for punishment. You may be... removed from the country, or if it is determined just, imprisoned. Do you understand?"

Thix nodded, realized he wasn't paying attention to her and spoke up.

"Yes. I understand. Thank you."

Keeping good manners even in scary situations was always wise, her First Mother and First Father would say. Thix eyed the piece of paper as the officer melted wax onto the bottom, and pressed a metal seal into it in a similar way that Gerard had closed her own letter.

He stood up from the desk, circled around and presented it to her. Eyes as blank and serious as ever, though there was the smallest hint of a smile on his lips.

"Do not lose this. These are troubled times, and you are far from home. Now, you may go. Good day to you."

Slowly, she took the written paper in her hands. Decided it would be respectful, and wise, to give a little bow, and then hurriedly exited the tent. In her haste, she forgot it was still the middle of the day and hissed in discomfort.

In the distance, she saw the road, and the carriage. Thix covered her face once more with her hood and set off, watching the ground to make sure she was heading in a straight line.

"Thix! All is good?"

Gerard called out to her as she approached. It was an unreasonable comfort to hear his voice.

"Yes! Oui!"

She waved the document clutched tightly between her fingers.

"I have pass!"

He came to meet her, guiding her back to the security and blessed darkness of their transportation. Thix rubbed at her eyes in discomfort as she huddled as far back into the corner as she could. He didn't join her immediately, closing the door and staying outside to converse with Theo. It was not yet the afternoon, and she felt tired. Once upon a time she had slept in the day, and went about her life at night, like a reasonable person.

At long last, she felt the cart shifting beneath her as Theo climbed aboard, and shortly after Gerard entered. The noises of agitated horses and clopping of hooves on dirt filled the silence as they continued on.

"Thix? Are you well?"

"Eyes hurt. Moi yeux."

Thix gestured at her face and grimaced.

"Wasn't long, I will be good."

Gerard sighed, muttering angrily to himself in his own tongue. It was an uncomfortable space they rode in. Thix didn't like it. She hadn't liked anything about that business, except the relief that nothing terrible had happened. She didn't like Gerard when he was angry or upset. It wasn't scary, just... unpleasant.

"Gerard? In Galtes... how say, 'those rude horse-fuckers?"

Whatever under his breath tirade Gerard had been going on sputtered out and he stared across at her. His handsome face gone slack and dumb. Then he began to laugh. Not the refined chuckling he so often did, or the politely restrained laughter. No. Full high choking guffawing that echoed through his body so that he had to throw out one arm against the wall to keep from doubling over. She'd never seen him like this, and Thix started to laugh too. A little self-conscious of her own raspy cackling, though apparently it was amusing because it started Gerard bellowing even harder.

They were practically screaming with hilarity. It got to the point that it sounded like Theo up in front was laughing too, his voice muffled as he called out for Gerard who was clearly trying to stop, but couldn't and was shaking his head. Only eventually, through struggling breaths did he call back out to Theo in reassurance. He made slow wheezing sounds as he calmed.

"Mon dieux. Thix..."

Gerard giggled again and bit down on his hand before trying to speak again.

"Thix, where did you learn that?"

"I grew up around traders. Sometimes they would get angry. My father warned me it was bad thing to say in Ruvic, and not to repeat. Sometimes he would use it too, about other goblin he didn't like, because they didn't understand."

At least he was smiling now. Grinning in fact.

"Well, do you know what it means?"

She really hoped her body would get used to embarrassment and stop blushing, at least it probably wasn't as obvious to him as his were to her.

"Well... it's saying they mate with horses?"

"Yes. Congratulations. Seems you do know another word for it. We have make-love, and now we have fuck. Baiser."

As if remembering himself Gerard smirked and spoke slowly in Galtes for her.

"Ces baiseurs de chevaux grossiers."

Why in the name of all the ancestors, Vorkah, and I'shu, did even cursing in his language sound pretty?

"See, you're getting better."

Gerard's eyes smoldered as he looked her over and then spoke again playfully.

"Would you like the guess this next one?"

Thix tilted her head in confusion. Gerard joined her again on the seat, looming deliciously over her, and like that the flames in her belly kindled. He tilted her chin up with his fingers and leaned in close enough that he could speak softly.

"Je voudrais baiser ma belle petite femme verte."

Thix tried, but too many words were missing, and the longing was once again making it hard to focus. Even so, she had an idea. That alone was enough to make her throat dry all over again.

"Um... you tell me."

Gerard spoke the words one at a time, laying them elegantly down.

"I want to fuck my beautiful little green woman."

Not. Fair. Damn him. Damn him to the empty deeps, the coldest of Svallic hells, and whatever damnable afterlife he had. Still, she was willing to play the game.

There was pleasure in waiting, even if it hurt.

Thix smiled mischievously and decided that they weren't going to waste the day.

"I think... you should teach me more Galtes."

12