All Comments on 'Grid Down'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
pepepilotpepepilotabout 2 months ago

While I have never been a fan of stories in this category, it was a slow day and I decided to read this story. With a bit of trepidation and the expectation of aliens popping onto the page I started my journey. I have to admit, I am glad that I did. Kudo's to ronde for a job well done. 5 stars from me!

ncpetencpeteabout 2 months ago

I am enjoying the story so far. Well written and the characters are down to earth and have functioning braincells. lol. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Avalanche2015Avalanche2015about 2 months ago

Great story and what feels like a good start on a journey of renewal after societal collapse. Sure hope that there is more to come. Thanks for sharing your well written imaginative story with us! Be well.../A

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 months ago

Great job I can see the beginning of a good novel

Vadar990155Vadar990155about 2 months ago

Hot damn! Another outstanding Ronde story. I get to blow off my chores and have an extra cup of coffee. Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Not bad. But, some/all of the lead-up made it a tedious read.

lAnatomistelAnatomisteabout 2 months ago

No where _near_ your usual level. In particular, blaming "social programs" for the lack of infrastructure redundancy, maintenance, etc., is just bass ackwards.

Hint for the Quiz: why did the Texas power grid fail a couple of years ago due to extreme cold, when none of the neighboring states' did?

ROBERTS1968ROBERTS1968about 2 months ago

Need more! Lol good stuff and not too crazy like some more realistic. Good job!

ca_daveca_daveabout 2 months ago

Very good but I agree it needs more. Thanks for sharing it.

Diecast1Diecast1about 1 month ago

I really enjoyed the story but it needs another chapter. AAAAAA++++++

HassieHassieabout 1 month ago

Enjoyed it immensely. Thanks for sharing with your readers. Please continue this story line. You got me hooked.

redbaron172redbaron172about 1 month ago

I'm usually not big on sci-fi, but this one is unique. I'm with Hassie below, you need to continue this story line, Very good story! 5 Stars

grogers7grogers7about 1 month ago

Best post-apocalyptic story since "Zenith of Folly" by Nigel Wood man at storiesonline.net in 2005. Both need to be continued. 5+

mac1729mac1729about 1 month ago

Good story, I hope there is more

Thanks for writing

16GaDouble16GaDoubleabout 1 month ago

What a great story!

I completely enjoyed it.

All five awarded to this very enjoyable read!

AmbisinisterAmbisinisterabout 1 month ago

I'd like to see this story turned into a longer novel

mbh129mbh129about 1 month ago

Like many of the others, I agree. It needs to be lengthened. Reminds me of the series "The Survivalist" by Jerry Ahern in the late 70's early 80's. Good story!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 month ago

Great story! Needs a second part.

Reminds me of a recent conversation with my grandson. He really is tied to the computer generation. He totally pays everything with a debit card. He has never written a check or a paper letter.

5

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 month ago

Another excellent yarn. Like others here it could be a great series. After all, his friends who helped build his bunker were survivalist but no attempt by any of them to find each other, or to find him. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The sentence "I'd just be LOAFING" give the author cred for the Pittsburgh accent. Yinze catch that? Great story.

Crusader235Crusader235about 1 month ago

Great story at maybe the right time. I have enough stocked up for my wife and I, the problem is our lefty liberal adult kids. Daughter and 5 grandkids up the road live at restaurants, fast food, and junk food, and don't stock up on nothing. The country is heading for one party rule, and that ain't good. Please Keep up your wonderful stories. Five stars for this one. Semper Fi.

WilCox49WilCox49about 1 month ago

Very nice story. OK, it's all been done before, but this is a good one. Your usual level of detail adds a lot.

I'm not sure why it's in the category it is, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Most of the story was good, but, as typical of Americans, the author talked about help from the UK or Japan, but made no mention of Canada, only about 600 miles away!

Smiffy69Smiffy69about 1 month ago

I love a post apocalyptic survival story. This is very good. Much attention to detail.

JusteenKJusteenKabout 1 month ago

Well written but feels like the introduction to a much lager story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Id like to see more of their adventures please?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

"Overview. Canadians and Americans share a highly integrated electricity grid, connected by more than 35 cross-border transmission lines. Every Canadian province along the U.S. border is electrically interconnected with at least one neighbouring U.S. state."

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

I am somewhat surprised that the bunker wasn't equipped with a large solar array and a big bank of lithium batteries. Cooking and heating with a heat pump would be electric with no smoke to betray the location and no need for gasoline for a noisy chain saw. An an electric vehicle could be recharged to eliminate any need for fossil fuels. This is quibbling however - loved the story.

drycreeksdrycreeks12 days ago

Very good story u did great work with ur investigation into story prep. Would b nicevto see this morph into a novel continuing story.

PhredDaggPhredDagg8 days ago

Great story. Please say it's just starting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories

Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
791
Outback 
4.87
831
372
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
622
Sales Team 
4.83
3.9k
863
More Stories